AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Lets gather up some info on this new promoted feature

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I do also hard work but I am not on front page - what is fine, I don't want to compete anyone, but yeah it would be easy.
And, well I am glad I am not only one who is noticing, or glitch or it just doesn't work.

Upvote 0
Well, I do also hard work but I am not on front page - what is fine, I don't want to compete anyone, but yeah it would be easy.
And, well I am glad I am not only one who is noticing, or glitch or it just doesn't work.
sorry i mean lots of years( 10) working to grow the cb page to be up ... i dont work hard at all .. ;))

Upvote 0
😐 I don't believe you believe that. Put on a crap show and it doesn't matter if they are in position #9 or not they aren't going to make as much as an entertaining model in the same position. I would be surprised if they make even 20% of what you used to make even if they were permanently position #9. (even if we pretend you never got above position #10 :giggle:)

It isn't about how effective it is, but about what statement the site's management is making by doing this.

Upvote 0
It isn't about how effective it is, but about what statement the site's management is making by doing this.

And if it shows potential as a money-maker for CB, that could motivate them to expand on it. Or to try to make it easier for models that buy it to see a result, because if they don’t, they’ll stop paying for it. Could be a slippery slope, and could end up sending an even worse message depending on how they tweak it.

Right now, the promotion’s formula probably makes it difficult to see a big result though:

— You’re only on the home page for 5 minutes, which is not much
— It’s not even a whole five minutes, you share it with an untold/ever-changing number of other models
— So you’re only being seen by maybe 10-20% of the members that land on the Featured Models page in a five-minute window
— Of that small percentage, you have to hope a portion of the members prefer your thumbnail image to all others on the page (because if he tries to come back to you after visiting his first choice, he will likely not find you again)
— ...and hope he has tokens

Upvote 0
And if it shows potential as a money-maker for CB, that could motivate them to expand on it. Or to try to make it easier for models that buy it to see a result, because if they don’t, they’ll stop paying for it. Could be a slippery slope, and could end up sending an even worse message depending on how they tweak it.

Right now, the promotion’s formula probably makes it difficult to see a big result though:

— You’re only on the home page for 5 minutes, which is not much
— It’s not even a whole five minutes, you share it with an untold/ever-changing number of other models
— So you’re only being seen by maybe 10-20% of the members that land on the Featured Models page in a five-minute window
— Of that small percentage, you have to hope a portion of the members prefer your thumbnail image to all others on the page (because if he tries to come back to you after visiting his first choice, he will likely not find you again)
— ...and hope he has tokens

And the message seems to be models and site management aren't on the same team, we aren't working together to make the site great so we both profit from it. We are now clients too. They have members clients who buy tokens, advertiser clients who buy banners, and now model clients who buy space on the homepage... very different feel from other camsites, tbh.

Upvote 0
So it seems like the promoted spot only shows up on the featured page, which means for non-female models it won't be effective since viewers are more likely to switch to the dedicated tabs to find male/trans models
It seems to work for the males more but on the other hand i havent watched a female hit promote during an action show, so if any female wants to hit it during a dildo ride or something that would be a better comparison.

Reactions: mike_aussie
Upvote 0
I will be keeping up with this thread for sure. I'm conflicted about whether it would help me or not.

I was on for 4 hours early this morning and got 35 tokens for a flash but that's it. My tip menu is similar pricing to most columbian models (flashes and other stuff all under 100tks, only masturbating higher than 100tks). In the last month only 1 person did Roll the Dice (even at the now low price of 18tks with most of my tip menu on it). I spent alot of time teasing without getting fully nude. I'm usually on page 2 or 3 for males with 3-12 users (half of them usually female models). Only the top third of page 1 for men usually get more than a dozen users in their room at a time and most of them are using toys and cumming in public show (I don't do either).

This service could help get more visibility for me but I would have to get naked free to make it a good show. Maybe I catch a whale or I just get a bunch of non-tippers. But if I get naked for free then there is no motivation for people to tip me.

I love CB but it drives me insane how difficult it is, for men in particular.

Reactions: DoD404
Upvote 0
Lots of good discussion here. I'd be quoting nearly every post so I'll just add what's going around in my head: Does not seem worth it for a very modest gain of a few members (which it seems like). The way CB talks about the feature, even though they don't say it, I would think I would end up with 100's of extra people in my room, not just a handful. Like I said, I know they don't say that but that's what I would expect. I also have a problem with the rotation; it's all about the right thumbnail at the right time deal and like someone said you better look good when the thumbnail is captured. It would make more sense to me if you got the whole 5 minutes in the slot;. I might try it just as a test but I think I get more hits from my #'tags that this just would not be cost-effective for me.

Upvote 0
I think Chaturbate picks winners and loosers.
They may promote highest earners, but I think every model deserves a chance to be featured.

chaturbate doesn't pick winners and losers and the only thing they do is randomly pick people in the top 5 of a gender for the affiliates. If they just wanted to boost successful models to the front while the worst earners end up in the back they would use a camscore system which is what all the other cam sites are doing.

Upvote 0
So it seems like the promoted spot only shows up on the featured page, which means for non-female models it won't be effective since viewers are more likely to switch to the dedicated tabs to find male/trans models

For me it definitely would not work, I do exactly this.
I don't even look at any thumbs on the featured tab/page. I go to chaturbate.com but then immediately click "female".
I learned early on that I don't want to be scrolling through and just seeing dick, dick and dick.. lol It's just not my "cup of tea" (if you didn't know I was British before, you sure do now :p )

Upvote 0
I tried it and even was doing handbra - only my regs joined, no one new, no one else.
Yes, i tried too last night, was curious. i thought ill get big promotion but n
I don't have it anymore - I don't know what happened.
i dont have it either anymore, maybe cb working on a better version ::)

Upvote 0
It's possible that if, as posted previously, a lot of models were just clicking it (from studios) and then they tried getting tokens back, etc they have removed it for now.
Possible but I still see girls promoted..
@anabeauty I had more users without it too.

Upvote 0
Possible but I still see girls promoted..
@anabeauty I had more users without it too.

Maybe it's rotational so not all models get it at once, otherwise if 1000 models all bought at the same time, it would take a while for them all to be cleared in the queue, this way it won't be overwhelmed.
Hope that makes sense

Reactions: anabeauty37
Upvote 0
Lots of good discussion here. I'd be quoting nearly every post so I'll just add what's going around in my head: Does not seem worth it for a very modest gain of a few members (which it seems like). The way CB talks about the feature, even though they don't say it, I would think I would end up with 100's of extra people in my room, not just a handful. Like I said, I know they don't say that but that's what I would expect. I also have a problem with the rotation; it's all about the right thumbnail at the right time deal and like someone said you better look good when the thumbnail is captured. It would make more sense to me if you got the whole 5 minutes in the slot;. I might try it just as a test but I think I get more hits from my #'tags that this just would not be cost-effective for me.

I imagine with a live preview or more frequent updating of the thumbnail it would be more effective, so long the model is doing something interesting or is naked.

Upvote 0
For me it definitely would not work, I do exactly this.
I don't even look at any thumbs on the featured tab/page. I go to chaturbate.com but then immediately click "female".

same for me xD
When visiting CB, I open at first "chaturbate.com/followed-cams/" and, sometimes only, hit the 'Female' tab... then go fast to page 3 to start foraging for a new place to squat :)

(ETA: actually, I can be attracted by a nice thumbnail before changing of page... but it's rare )

Upvote 0
same for me xD
When visiting CB, I open at first "chaturbate.com/followed-cams/" and, sometimes only, hit the 'Female' tab... then go fast to page 3 to start foraging for a new place to squat :)

(ETA: actually, I can be attracted by a nice thumbnail before changing of page... but it's rare )

This is exactly how I found my favorite model a long time ago. Clicked on Female without giving the home page a second thought. Gave the page selector a swipe as if I was spinning the big wheel on The Price is Right. It landed somewhere between pg 13-16 and I clicked it. She had the most attractive thumbnail on that page at the time I was passing through. Been a visitor ever since.

This whole thing also reinforces how important those randomly generated thumbnail images truly are.

Upvote 0
Well, I didn't use it and now , with 110k followers I have only 13 users in my room.
Maybe now they will punish me, because I don't spend tokens for that, but lmao let's be real here.
It's pricey.
And I see in that promoted thing several girls there, which are already and always on front page.

I just finally deleted my account on this site before they rolled this out - 33k followers and couldn't get more than 10 people in my room - and now they are making you pay for a placement boost - that is BEYOND fucked up 😂

Upvote 0
How does a model know WHEN she is being displayed on the featured page anyway? I mean after she buys this
Does it show her a countdown saying "You're now currently being displays and have 4: 50 remaining" or something like that..

Obviously ith queues of models, you won't know when exactly you're on there.

Reactions: sikayoujo
Upvote 0
How does a model know WHEN she is being displayed on the featured page anyway? I mean after she buys this
Does it show her a countdown saying "You're now currently being displays and have 4: 50 remaining" or something like that..

Obviously ith queues of models, you won't know when exactly you're on there.

The official CB description of the service (which cbhours shared near the beginning of this thread) says that once a model clicks the button to start promoting, a timer appears.

I visit a model that recently started fresh with a new account, so she’s interested in building followers and getting new visitors. She tried the promotion three times in the past two days, at times when the price was less prohibitive.

Her conclusion was “it helped a little.” You could see she gained a bit of traffic. About half of the new visitors were purple or blue. Some of them liked her enough to follow (so maybe they’ll be back). But only one gave any tips.

So I guess it also depends on the model’s needs. For a model starting from scratch who is 1) careful enough to only buy promotion when the price is reasonable and 2) looking for new followers as much as tokens, it can help.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.