AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Lets gather up some info on this new promoted feature

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Update: It looks like the 9th spot in the Male and Female sections are also now showing Promoted models. If they’re going to offer this, it’s at least a step in the right direction, getting the models some better-targeted visibility to members who prefer one gender.

I don’t see it on Couples or Trans at the moment, but maybe it’s because there just aren’t any models in those categories currently paying for promotion.

Upvote 0
OK. Time to fess up. While broadcasting Friday night, there's the "Promote" button. 150 tk. I am, for good or bad, the kind of person who will try most anything once. So I did. There is a countdown but that's it. No other indication that you are current in the rotation. I only got 2 new followers out of it which I may have gotten without the promotion. I had maybe a few more people in my room than normal, and while it satisfied my curiosity, this feature is not for me.

Upvote 0
OK. Time to fess up. While broadcasting Friday night, there's the "Promote" button. 150 tk. I am, for good or bad, the kind of person who will try most anything once. So I did. There is a countdown but that's it. No other indication that you are current in the rotation. I only got 2 new followers out of it which I may have gotten without the promotion. I had maybe a few more people in my room than normal, and while it satisfied my curiosity, this feature is not for me.

I think it's fine to try a lot of things once, at least you now know not to try again, or at least not until a lot more info is gathered and shared, and it has bee tried and tested more.
I tried a new beer recently (Hobgoblin Ruby Beer), had been looking at it for months, decided to try it.. absolutely revolting, but now I know.. lol

A model friend tried this at night too for 100 tokens, and she literally didn't seem to have an increase in traffic.
She did it and then with about 2 mins left, she asked me to go look to see if I can see her. I could not.

Curious, I read over the guide/rules/terms for it, and in the final one Rule #1, it does state that I may be viewing different models in the "pool" of the promotion.
So, Me (Member A) and someone else (Member B) may see completely different models.

Now, how fair/unfair/equal is this? I mean, will Model 1 be shown to 50% of viewers, and Model 2 also be shown to 50%? Or can this get completely skewed and end up being that Model 1 is being shown to 70% viewers and Model 2 is only being shown to 30%? I kept it simple with just 2 models, splitting the % between them both for the total of 100%, obviously, it can become less viewers seeing you if there are more pools of women with different viewers..

• Helpful!
Reactions: sikayoujo
Upvote 0
I did it for 60 tks a short time after starting my broadcast and I teased half naked for the 5 minutes. I went from about 4 users in my room to about 11. Half of the influx were grey. A few of colored users took a quick look and left. 1 guy tipped 10tks for PM, complimented me in PM then left. I got a few followers. With a cheap tip menu and quiet room it didn't payoff.

• Helpful!
Reactions: sikayoujo
Upvote 0
chaturbate doesn't pick winners and losers and the only thing they do is randomly pick people in the top 5 of a gender for the affiliates. If they just wanted to boost successful models to the front while the worst earners end up in the back they would use a camscore system which is what all the other cam sites are doing.

What do you mean by "top 5 of a gender for the affiliates"
Does their affiliates drive traffic to those top 5 gender rooms ?
Since I also feel a block in getting traffic and other models (don't wanna tell any names) Just go away from cam , leaving their room empty and not even loosing a single viewer and still gaining viewer on an empty room.
Back in the days I never had any issues gaining traffic into my room and even sometimes I thinked about someone boosting my room ... That was that time where CB wrote me and email with a gift card code in the email for one of the top earner of CB , and at this time I was always in top10 rank system and had no problems gaining viewers. But now I struggle often to gain even over 600 people into my room or it is stuck at 1300 viewers , never mind what I do. I also wrote CB about the issue , if I am shadow banned or if there is a issue gaining traffic into my room or if they are even able to boost the rank of cam rooms. And all they sayd is that all looks fine and that they are not able to boost any room. Suddenly they are making a "Promotion" feature which where they sell the 9th rank ... kind of weird tho. I guess that they are boosting rooms that they want to go on top.

Upvote 0
I understand that CB wants to make more money for stuff like this, however, don't you all agree that it should be based on the time a model has spent online for the day or week and EARN it through the already existing hard work they do?
I mean for an example:
The Model must work 4/6/8 consecutive hrs and will then be put in one of the pools to be promoted FREE for 5 minutes.
Or it could be a weekly timer instead: 20 hrs in the space of 7 days / Or monthly at LEAST.

At the moment it's probably people not earning that are being tempted and wasting their little tokens that they have thinking "wow i will be on the main page for 5 mins" and thinking that will get them plenty of new people and tips, when in reality they have simply just [most likely] wasted 100 tokens. So, personally, I think a way for models to earn for free as well as maybe the option to purchase, would be great. Or it could be work XX hours get a 20% discount from it. Work XX hours get 50% off it.

I think it's a good idea but needs a lot more work

Edit:
jeeez, fixed errors and made the post a bit better to read.

Upvote 0
From what I've seen of this "promotion", the models don't seem to get much of a boost. I've seen Colombian models get bigger boosts when their monitors go fishing for traffic and that doesn't cost them anything.

Update: It looks like the 9th spot in the Male and Female sections are also now showing Promoted models. If they’re going to offer this, it’s at least a step in the right direction, getting the models some better-targeted visibility to members who prefer one gender.

I don’t see it on Couples or Trans at the moment, but maybe it’s because there just aren’t any models in those categories currently paying for promotion.

It's in the Couples and Trans section as well.

Reactions: anabeauty37
Upvote 0
I understand that CB wants to make more money for stuff like this, however, don't you all agree that it should be based on the time a model has spent online for the day or week and EARN it through the already existing hard work they do?
I mean for an example:
The Model must work 4/6/8 consecutive hrs and will then be put in one of the pools to be promoted FREE for 5 minutes.
Or it could be a weekly timer instead: 20 hrs in the space of 7 days / Or monthly at LEAST.

At the moment it's probably people not earning that are being tempted and wasting their little tokens that they have thinking "wow i will be on the main page for 5 mins" and thinking that will get them plenty of new people and tips, when in reality they have simply just [most likely] wasted 100 tokens. So, personally, I think a way for models to earn for free as well as maybe the option to purchase, would be great. Or it could be work XX hours get a 20% discount from it. Work XX hours get 50% off it.

Edit:
This is great actually .. wish they will implement it.

Upvote 0
I mean for an example:

Edit:

Careful what you wish for, the 8k or so models you see online at a time is but a tiny sliver of the massive number of broadcasters, I can't even imagine what would happen if CB sent out an email with the subject, "FREE 1ST PAGE PROMOTION IF YOU BROADCAST 20 HOURS A WEEK" :giggle: if the servers don't crash (they probably will) the level of competition would be ridiculous.

Upvote 0
Careful what you wish for, the 8k or so models you see online at a time is but a tiny sliver of the massive number of broadcasters, I can't even imagine what would happen if CB sent out an email with the subject, "FREE 1ST PAGE PROMOTION IF YOU BROADCAST 20 HOURS A WEEK" :giggle: if the servers don't crash (they probably will) the level of competition would be ridiculous.

To be fair I didn't really think about that haha.
But there must be A way to do something like this, maybe add other criteria for it. Must have been a broadcaster for XX months or years. Must have earned XX amount in total during that time.. Must have already worked XX hours during your time being a broadcaster. I am sure there could be other ones to consider that could help narrow it down and make it work.

Upvote 0
If I missed it, my apologies, but in trying to understand how this works, models are able to pay "X" amount of tokens for a few minutes of promotion(placement?)?

If so, tokens are paid for by a member at the time of purchase, right? So CB is basically adding a 'double-dip' mechanism into the mix by allowing models to spend 'earned tokens' on a feature that is occurring basically within the confines of the sites software without any 'external' promotion whatsoever...?

Wouldn't CB had to have somehow change their placement algorithm in order for this feature to work without upsetting the placement of models who will not need to use this feature(those who are already on the main page...etc?)??

Upvote 0
Wouldn't CB had to have somehow change their placement algorithm in order for this feature to work without upsetting the placement of models who will not need to use this feature(those who are already on the main page...etc?)??

An excellent question, I actually looked into this recently and here is how it works.

Instead of the front featured page having 90 slots like every other page it has 91 slots, the 9th slot is not real, pretend its an advertisement shoved into the 90 slots of the first page designed to look like a real slot. This is why you can't see the promoted person in the first few rows of cbhours.com because in reality they are still in their original position.

Upvote 0
Lol seems like instead of fighting all the cheaters buying fake member viewers from Russian farms and polluting the homepage now CB has decided they want a piece of the cake and are going to start selling the homepage to the highest bidder aka the stupidest models and studios making it even harder now for legit camgirls to rise on the homepage. I can’t say I am excited to comeback to this when my break is over. Chaturbate should realize compromising your site’s quality isn’t worth the usd $500 per hour per spot they plan on earning from this operation. Also what a JOKE the contest is now paying the top girl $10 PER HOUR of top quality entertainment while you SELL the 9th spot for about $500 an hour. They should give at least half the profit to the poor souls who will be busting their ass entertaining their viewers and carrying all the dead weight of the cheaters and the bidders on that homepage. Maybe it’s time top performers explore other options.
I don’t think view bots are even real

Upvote 0
Something odd seems to be going on with the frequency in which models are being rotated in and out of the promoted slot. I just refreshed the main page a few dozen times within about 30 seconds, and got 8 different models in the promoted slot in that small window of time. Are models able to pay 'more' tokens in order to 'bump' another model from the promoted slot?

Upvote 0
An excellent question, I actually looked into this recently and here is how it works.

Instead of the front featured page having 90 slots like every other page it has 91 slots, the 9th slot is not real, pretend its an advertisement shoved into the 90 slots of the first page designed to look like a real slot. This is why you can't see the promoted person in the first few rows of cbhours.com because in reality they are still in their original position.

So they bypassed the algorithm entirely and created a dummy placement that does not interact with the same algorithm. Interesting.

That means that if something crazy happened and a model was paying for a promoted spot while also having a good enough rank to appear on Page 1 without promotion, that model could - theoretically - appear on Page 1 twice in two different spots (paid spot plus her actual rank spot).

Upvote 0
that model could - theoretically - appear on Page 1 twice in two different spots (paid spot plus her actual rank spot).
Correct, they would have had to add additional code to prevent the model from displaying twice if she was already on the first page. i don't think they would have taken the time but its possible.

Reactions: Mila_
Upvote 0
I was just thinking....

1) Personally, I have the thumbnails on the site from refreshing. I have it set to "disabled". This obviously also affects the Promoted Slot. I think maybe this by default should refresh regardless, every 60 seconds, so at least it will show 5 different models to you.

2) I think the Promoted Slot needs to stand out more. A simple way would be to add a few pixels border on it which is blue or orange. This could affect the UI, by changing the size, so maybe a better alternative would be the change the "window bg" colour (for where it says the room title, location, etc) to blue orange,

Reactions: mike_aussie
Upvote 0
2) I think the Promoted Slot needs to stand out more. A simple way would be to add a few pixels border on it which is blue or orange. This could affect the UI, by changing the size, so maybe a better alternative would be the change the "window bg" colour (for where it says the room title, location, etc) to blue orange,

The risk is if it stands out too much, it may look like an ad, and many people have trained their eyes to look past anything that looks like an ad.

Upvote 0
The risk is if it stands out too much, it may look like an ad, and many people have trained their eyes to look past anything that looks like an ad.

Very true, and the fact it says "Promoted" would make it sound like an ad too.
But there must be a way to subtly add/edit something to make it stand out more.

Reactions: Smoothie
Upvote 0
That means that if something crazy happened and a model was paying for a promoted spot while also having a good enough rank to appear on Page 1 without promotion, that model could - theoretically - appear on Page 1 twice in two different spots (paid spot plus her actual rank spot).

I've seen this happen already. I don't wanna name the account but I took two screen shots. First screen shot shows the cam room placed on the promoted spot, and then again, in the row below, in spot #13. Refreshed a few times and they had moved up on the homepage to spot #10. So the exact same thumbnail/room was on the homepage twice, right beside themselves! It was kind of weird to see.

I've also noticed that fairly established models are using the promoted feature. One model used it on her b-day show last week and ended up having her best token night ever. I'm sure she probably would have still had her best token night ever without using the promoted feature, but I can see how it could be useful if you're having a big, exciting show that you want to promote more than you already have on Twitter or wherever.

I'm kind of intrigued by the promoted feature. I have a small room and didn't take advantage of the "New" tag in the way that I wanted to... I think I'll probably end up using it at some point, but I want to make sure I'm doing something interesting whenever I do decide to use it. I don't really want to spend more than 100 tokens for a promoted spot either. The night it first appeared, I saw the price shoot up to about 600 tokens. Since then I've seen it hovering around 80-180 tokens~

When I first starting camming (a little over a year ago), Chaturbate's Twitter account would re-tweet pretty much anyone who would tag @/Chaturbate in their tweet, and I thought that was pretty good promotion. They've stopped doing that, but will occasionally send a tweet out saying something like, "Send us an e-mail us if you want to be promoted on our Twitter page!" I tried to get featured in the CB Newsletter e-mail that goes out daily, but when I asked them if it was okay to submit pics for the newsletter that don't fully show my face (I don't show my face on cam, or at least I try not to 😅 ) and they said you have to show your face in the news letter :/ so I'm doubting whether I would qualify for their Twitter promotion now, too. The promoted spot seems like a good alternative for model's who might be struggling and don't qualify for any of CB's other promotional methods. 🤷‍♀️

If/when I ever use it, I'll be sure to post my results here!

Upvote 0
Yes I can also confirm the double placement on the frontpage is a thing..
I tried the feature out today just to see what it was about (and it was fairly cheap) and I was already on the frontpage.
Someone came into my room and commented that I was on the frontpage twice (which I didn't know could happen).

Didn't really do much for me by the way, at least not in terms of viewers. May have picked up a new tipper here and there,
but that could've just been my original rank too. It will probably be easier to see a difference when ranked lower/not on the frontpage.

Upvote 0
Does anyone know what the pricing is determined by exactly?
Is it the demand of being in the pool by models, or is it how many viewers are currently on the website - or people with tokens?
Or is it a combination of both/all?

Is there any way for us to find this out?

Upvote 0
Does anyone know what the pricing is determined by exactly?
Is it the demand of being in the pool by models, or is it how many viewers are currently on the website - or people with tokens?
Or is it a combination of both/all?

Is there any way for us to find this out?
believe it is based primarily on demand, more demand higher cost.

Upvote 0
I would have thought less demand = higher cost. Considering it rotates on every refresh, if you were the only promoted broadcaster, you would be there on every page load. Hence getting more value for your money. If theres 300 promoted broadcasters, I would say 60 tokens a piece is an OK deal. I'd rather pay 600 and be the only one there.

Upvote 0
Here is something Ive noticed in the past few days, I have a couple of gray accounts that CB randomly banned, what ive noticed is although they can still enter rooms and NOT chat in the rooms, They no longer appear in the user listing in the models room. Could it be that all SPAM bot accounts that are banned from the servers no longer appear as room users?

Upvote 0
What I am noticing from all of these rooms, is that they all have few viewers. And still, after they have bought the promotion.
I truly think they the idea is great for models but needs improvement. I think one of those can be to give the models 15 minutes on the promoted spot instead of just 5mins, it clearly isn't enough.

Upvote 0
What I am noticing from all of these rooms, is that they all have few viewers. And still, after they have bought the promotion.
I truly think they the idea is great for models but needs improvement. I think one of those can be to give the models 15 minutes on the promoted spot instead of just 5mins, it clearly isn't enough.

Or at least the option to select different lengths of time. Like whatever the current price is, let the model choose 5, 10, 15 or 20 minutes.

A model I visit has tried this promotion several times. Sometimes it has been worth it - meaning she got enough tips from new visitors to surpass what she spend on the promotion and also got many users with tokens to follow her account (so they will not have to “discover” her again, which has value IMO). This model is in a position where gaining a few extra followers with tokens is worth a try. A little more than half the time, in her case, it works. Enough men like her thumbnail to give her a decent boost in room count & an increase in tokens once they enter the room and say hi.

But also, when it works, she invariably wants to go another 5 minutes (or more). That means she has to stop what she’s doing, return to the keyboard and buy more time.

If she had the option to buy 10-15 minutes at the start, not only would she do it, but it would probably benefit her more because it would reduce interruptions in her show.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.