AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PerriMynx

Inactive Cam Model
May 4, 2016
Twitter Username
@PerriMynx
MFC Username
PerriMynx
Hey everyone, this is actually going to be at least a two pronged question, but I'll try to keep the rambling to a minimum. So here's the dealio: I currently live at home with my family and I'm in a bit of a chicken-or-the-egg situation. I don't have the income to move out at the moment, but I need more privacy and space to cam more often to get that income. My family members are homebodies so they tend to be around and at the moment, I only have two days a week where they are always gone for a concrete amount of time. I was planning on just camming those two days a week, but I've also seen advice saying newer models should try to get on every day/almost every day at the same time. My question is, should I just use the two days a week I have to try and build my presence? Or should I wait until I have my own space (I may have a solution to this in a few weeks, so it wouldn't be too long a wait) and can come on more often to utilize the rest of my "new model" hours?

Second part of this question is, how many models do afternoon shows? Anyone who does so, are you typically able to have decently lucrative sessions? Unfortunately, I tried a night show and I was just too paranoid about talking too loudly and waking someone up that I was unable to really be myself, and we don't have anything like a finished basement that I could hide away in, so right now late morning/afternoon shows are my only options.

Hey there ,
Id say up the best thing to do is try and stick to a schedule , even if it is only a few days a week . And maybe more shows ,with you being super quiet? I've had to sneak camming, and actually pulled it off. It's not as successful but you can still develop regulars just by showing up a lot around the same time . I hope this helped. And good luck getting out on your own!

I started camming two years ago, I was in your situation and I did it all wrong. I screwed myself over on MFC by even trying because yes you do need to be consistent and two days a week is not going to be enough, in my opinion. I would highly recommend that you look into Streamate and Clips4Sale while you are getting up the money to move out and then broaden your horizons once you're out and have the time and space to explore more options. On Streamate you aren't very dependent on regulars. You'll still do much better the more time you can devote to being online but you won't have to really worry about losing people's interest like you will on more social sites. Clips are also really amazing because you can spend one night doing the actual filming, which you need the house to yourself for, and then you can upload throughout the week so with that you can really keep an awesome schedule even though you have very little alone time.

I would agree with aria about streamate or other private based sites. I follow a model on cams.com who has a fairly limited schedule due to her vanilla job. She has a schedule posted on her profile when she will be on, and sticks to it. most days she barely has any downtime between them in free chat. this might be because she already had a bit of a following before she started using this system though.

Thanks for your advice, ladies (and John lol). I hadn't realized previously that you could do non nude on Streamate as well, but now I'm looking into it. I'm definitely going to take the Clips4Sale advice, though, as well as work on other content! Thankfully I may actually be in new housing in the next week or two if all goes well, so I will actually hopefully be able to get some space and spread my wings soon!

Reactions: CherryChu
Hey there ,
Id say up the best thing to do is try and stick to a schedule , even if it is only a few days a week . And maybe more shows ,with you being super quiet? I've had to sneak camming, and actually pulled it off. It's not as successful but you can still develop regulars just by showing up a lot around the same time . I hope this helped. And good luck getting out on your own!

I agree with GreenDaisy. Even if it's two days a week, if you happen to know ahead of time which days those are, you can put those days and times in your schedule on your cam profile. Mention it in your tweets on Twitter, along with a link to your cam profile/chat room. People will eventually notice that you're consistently online at those times each week, and they'll look forward to coming back. These cam sites have LOTS of members, so even though you may feel bummed about missing the nighttime crowd, there are still lots of members on during the daytime as well (it's their day off from work, or they work nights, or they're watching you privately during their lunch break, or they work from home and can choose their own hours to work, or they're in a completely different time zone than you are).

I'm not sure how many hours straight your family members are gone each of those days (Are they going to work? Shopping? Running errands?), but if you're gonna be doing both camming and Clips4Sale, remember that for the C4S side of things, this means you'll have to set aside time for you to record the video, upload it to the video editing program, and edit it. I'm not sure if you'd rather schedule one of your days for strictly C4S work, and the second day for camming (or vice versa). Or if you'd rather do half-camming/half clips each of those days. When your clip is all finished and ready to be uploaded to your Clips4Sale store, you could even do that part while your family is home (because NO sounds are heard when you're uploading the video to your store)...just be sure you're in your bedroom with the door closed and the computer screen not facing your door (just in case you have an issue with someone barging into your room without knocking).

Reactions: GreenDaisy_80
I agree with GreenDaisy. Even if it's two days a week, if you happen to know ahead of time which days those are, you can put those days and times in your schedule on your cam profile. Mention it in your tweets on Twitter, along with a link to your cam profile/chat room. People will eventually notice that you're consistently online at those times each week, and they'll look forward to coming back. These cam sites have LOTS of members, so even though you may feel bummed about missing the nighttime crowd, there are still lots of members on during the daytime as well (it's their day off from work, or they work nights, or they're watching you privately during their lunch break, or they work from home and can choose their own hours to work, or they're in a completely different time zone than you are).

I'm not sure how many hours straight your family members are gone each of those days (Are they going to work? Shopping? Running errands?), but if you're gonna be doing both camming and Clips4Sale, remember that for the C4S side of things, this means you'll have to set aside time for you to record the video, upload it to the video editing program, and edit it. I'm not sure if you'd rather schedule one of your days for strictly C4S work, and the second day for camming (or vice versa). Or if you'd rather do half-camming/half clips each of those days. When your clip is all finished and ready to be uploaded to your Clips4Sale store, you could even do that part while your family is home (because NO sounds are heard when you're uploading the video to your store)...just be sure you're in your bedroom with the door closed and the computer screen not facing your door (just in case you have an issue with someone barging into your room without knocking).

Thank you! This was all really helpful. I have actually decided to try and do my two days a week, and I have put them in my profile and will definitely be promoting the times. :) And yes, I know there's a lot of work, thankfully my computer that I use to edit and such actually faces the wall, plus headphones! The C4S work will definitely be the easier part to do because when everyone is home, privacy and closed doors are typically always respected.

Status
Not open for further replies.