AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Listing Members on Your Profile: To Do or Not to Do

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, they're your experiences... which are leading you to pre-conceived notions about other rooms... my statement is still valid.

Past experiences help inform every decision we make. It's a key step in the learning process. Casting that as somehow a mistake is just silly.

@JoleneBrody Yeah, the answer is clearly relevant to the OP's question. If you do thing A, some members might have perception B.

She, or anyone else who is wondering the same thing, can take that into consideration or not. It's why people ask questions.

But this has become a waste of time, so I'm out. It's not something I care that much about, and I wish I hadn't said anything in the first place.

• Hugs
Reactions: Gen
Think of tokens as lube ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) for easier entry to acceptance

tumblr_lkykp5CMXV1qbskw8.gif

So. Much. This. Post.
I perv a lot, and I hang out in my favorite models rooms. Do I have a lot of tokens? Hell no. Do I tip if I wanna talk/be part of the room? Hell yes.
I also have never experienced this ostracized feeling that people are expressing in this thread, however.
From my own personal experience as an MFC Premium (not model) even just small tips here and there will get the core bunch of regs automatically accepting you. Why? Because you're helping out their fave lady! So your tips, albeit small, are still helping out and the model and the room appreciates that.
One of my favorite ladies usually finishes top 100 regularly, and she has a 5 digit club and gets tip bombs regularly-ish. But I still love her company and find her wildly entertaining and I still like to show my appreciation. Her regs usually greet me with emotes when I come in and will applaud any tip that any one gives, from 1 token to 109993584758 tokens.
I feel like it's pretty hard to get ostracized or shunned from a room if you're nice and polite, and especially if you tip (even small amounts) ~ in my own personal experience.

Past experiences help inform every decision we make. It's a key step in the learning process. Casting that as somehow a mistake is just silly.

@JoleneBrody Yeah, the answer is clearly relevant to the OP's question. If you do thing A, some members might have perception B.

She, or anyone else who is wondering the same thing, can take that into consideration or not. It's why people ask questions.

But this has become a waste of time, so I'm out. It's not something I care that much about, and I wish I hadn't said anything in the first place.
I see what you mean and in fact do understand where you are coming from, which is why I posted what I did. So coo

Miqote, my greatest advice to you is to at least have levels that are attainable for most any tipper and do not let people create a negative world around those clubs. If someone starts getting too chest bumpy, nip that shit. If people start being unwelcoming, stop it before it gets any farther. Create a club that is always looking and excited about new members. If a member chooses not to tip you because others have, even though they are still taking the service and entertainment that you are offering... That has so much more to do with them than you. It's a shitty thing to do and you can't worry too much about those people, because that will only hold you back from succeeding.

Listing Members on Profile Thoughts
I used to list members on my profile for memberships and high tip amounts. I thought this was great because:
  • It would bring some recognition and credit to these members (which I interpreted as a good thing)
  • If I was having a bad day, I could look at my profile and remember how many amazing people have believed in me and supported me and immediately feel a lot happier
  • If other members saw others in my club or that have tipped me higher amounts, it would encourage them to do the same or, at the very least, lead them to think I would be worth a large tip and/or my clubs are worth joining
  • I thought it would make the members feel good about having their name listed there and even work towards out-tipping others (friendly competition).

I agree with all of these (no points for guessing whether I'm pro-listing or not :p) The way I see it, it's a great way for tippers to get a little recognition for their contributions. Spurring friendly rivalry between regulars has thus far only served to enhance the atmosphere in a room in my experience. It has always brought the regs together. I'm also "guilty" of tipping slightly more than I had originally intended just to make it onto a girl's profile as either a club member or high tipper.

Every single occurrence of my being listed as a high tipper has been with my explicit consent. Not that I personally felt it was necessary (I would have ninja-tipped otherwise) but the girls actually took it upon themselves to ask whether or not I had a problem with my name being listed. I think that last part really is the key to this whole issue: the importance of communication.

I received feedback from members stating that they feel intimidated by others tipping large amounts and that they are embarrassed to only be able to tip smaller amounts so therefore they won't tip anything.
Maybe I've just been blessed with the right taste in this regard, but every single girl I frequent appreciates any tip they get regardless of size. If I'm fully honest, this feels like a fairly weak excuse for a member to not tip.
I received feedback from members stating that they will not tip anything because I don't "need" to be tipped. Judging from the amount of members in my club and the members who have tipped more substantial amounts, along with the fact I'm usually in the top 100, they won't tip because I don't "need" it.
There seemed to be a bit of a feeling of defeat. If I can't tip X amount like MemberA can, why should I bother at all? I won't get the same attention that he does. Type of thing.
As someone already pointed out before, these too seem more like weak excuses for not tipping than anything else. And as before, maybe I just have the right taste in camgirls, but I've never felt that camgirl attention is a finite resource that has to be divvied up solely by amount tipped. During public shows it has always seemed like chat interaction is a much more important factor than tokens. Not saying that tipping is insignificant, of course, but I've had a lot of meaningful interaction with models whom I've met during that annoying time of the month when my tokens are gone and my personal monthly spending budget is waiting for the 9th to come around and reset the damn thing.
Some members would be outed for having done so much, as in comments like, "Wow, you must be really rich to do that!" Or "Why would you do that for some model online? Are you trying to be her real boyfriend?" and other such negative comments.
Here's where I've probably been lucky, but I've never really had to deal with this. I think I got a bit of the "you must be very rich" in my early days (I'm not, it's just that back then I lived cheap, had a job that paid well and the EUR to USD exchange rate on my side). Not that the negative comments would really have gotten in the way of tipping anyway, because from day one I've always seen it as a simple matter of paying for entertainment.
The competition of who tipped wasn't a friendly competition but more like a feeling of stress and defeat to everyone but the winner(s).
Even if this had been your only reason for no longer listing names, I'd say it was the right decision to do so. Obviously I can't speak from your side of the camera, but I can't imagine it being fun to have to deal with an atmosphere like that every time you're on. It's one of the great mood-killers for me since I ultimately mainly come here to unwind and spend my free evening interacting with people, be they perv of camgirl. Any room that gets in the way of me chilling with my internet buddies is unlikely to be considered the next time I'm on.

Other Thoughts:
Obviously, haters are going to hate no matter what I or anyone else does. I also realize that I should do what I want with my room and my profile and such.

There certainly have been times where the competition of a highest tipper and the peer pressure of how many people were in the club did result in someone tipping to beat a high tip or to get a club membership. However, I'm not totally sure if this approach was best for me and the vibe I'm going for in my room and I'm wondering about other's experiences with this. Is it best for you?

I believe that, since not listing others on my profile, more people have tipped in general and I do strive for a friendly, inclusive atmosphere in my room. However, there is this sense of something missing from when I did list before that is hard to describe. Perhaps it is that wild, competitive spirit that can sometimes be really fun? Haha.
It's a bit of a fine line that's incredibly blurry because every aspect of it is a potential dealbreaker for someone, somewhere. My two cents? Keep in mind that nothing is set in stone. You're free and able to try things out and change them later on if you find they don't work out the way you wanted them to. If you have a good connection with your regulars, they'll most likely understand. If you have doubts on how your regulars would feel about a certain direction you're thinkng of taking, ask them! It's ultimately in their best interests to provide you with feedback that will make their experience and yours the best possible because a happy room is a fun room and a fun room gets more people in, gets tokens flowing, goals met, etc.

There is also the topic of how much information a model should give out about her cam life and her regulars? Listing all of this on your profile gives any viewer information (without having to be apart of your room for a given length of time) about who your high tippers are and your members, which may or may not be a bad thing... but perhaps not necessarily good, either.
It seems that the best way to tackle this is, again, communication. Ask the member in quesion whether or not they have a problem with their name being listed. Worst case scenario they'll appreciate the ability to opt out. I've personally never felt that a random model contacting me was because my name is on a club membership graphic on someone's profile. The only significant factors in that regard that I've noticed have been hiding my tokens and reward points or tipping within "earshot" of a model.

Thanks everyone for all of these great responses! There was certainly a lot to go through, phew!

Much of what is being said here is certainly many of the same impressions I received on MFC in general. In my experience on MFC, it seems like many of my regulars that tip frequently do seem open and may even like the idea of clubs, friendly competitions and recognition via my profile (as well as my words, of course). They do realize, though, it can scare people away so they are okay with foregoing it.

However, many people that are on the fence deciding about if my room is a fit for them do seem to go through a lot of judgement, on the side of being negative, with who is doing what and how they would fit into that. Some of it is expected, such as wanting to ensure their tip(s) will be appreciated in the way they want it to be appreciated. However, other things like thinking their tip won't make a difference or that I don't need their tip because of my ranking or anything else is very frustrating to me to hear. I feel powerless to change their mind and get them to join the room to go from this stand-offish judgement to letting loose and just having a good time.

There are just as many members though that hardly put any thought into any of this at all and just tip if they like whatever experience they're having. That's awesome, too, haha!

At the end of the day, I have learned that I can only do my best to present my best each time I'm on cam with my room and my performances and be as friendly and as welcoming as possible. My room is very not-so-typical to begin with so I believe my room to be an either an "Oh wow, this is kind of neat!" room or a "What the hell is going on? Next!" room. Even still, I have to go through their judgement day if I get past this first stage, haha. I can only hope that anyone, despite any self esteem or past experiences, will give me a chance. As @JoleneBrody stated, too, it's *AMAZING* when there is *finally* a new, nice person to talk to in the room (especially one that tips). As a room, it is easy to go through a lot of idiots, trolls and let-downs that try to ruin the good nature of the room. Because of this, it can be easy for rooms to get a bit more closed off as a sort of protection mechanism but I do my best to, again, ensure a welcoming room.

For me (and perhaps many cam models), we have to make a choice in how we want to recognize our regulars and HTers as well as if to have a club and how to present that and while balancing that to how we're presenting ourselves to new people and how to get new people to want to join. It's of course impossible to make everyone happy. As @Puffin stated, there are successful girls in each category that do and do not list HTers and/or memberships so each way can be a successful route. As much as it was fun to list them before on my profile, I chose not to in order to present an environment that is as welcoming and as non-intimidating as possible. I do not want to scare anyone away and it is my goal to make sure everyone is appreciated. As @KylieJacobs stated, it really does all add up! Every little bit does counts and should be appreciated.

Also! I really agree with what @I_Am_Iris had to say, especially when it comes to members changing their names to reflect the model's name. I love when this happens and it's very flattering to me. And it does happen even with members that have tipped very low amounts, sometimes nothing at all.

In summary, I sacrifice a bit of the friendly, fun competitive nature for my regulars in exchange to hopefully more easily acquire new tippers that are not intimidated in any way. I use the term sacrifice loosely, since it really isn't that big of a deal to my regulars as much as it seems to be a big deal for potential new tippers feeling intimidated. I could always decide to bring it back again, at a later time, but this is what I've chosen for now. It has been interesting to see everyone's thought on this, as well! So, thank you ^_^ I will look forward to reading more!

Status
Not open for further replies.