AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Literally made NO money camming, as in, 0 tokens

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this has been said yet, but sometimes if you make nothing, it’s that your stream (internet connection) is lagging. I had a friend who was frustrated about making $0 in three cam shifts, and I checked her feed for her and it was super laggy, almost unwatchable. People weren’t tipping or taking her private because it was hard to watch.

Not sure if this has been said yet, but sometimes if you make nothing, it’s that your stream (internet connection) is lagging. I had a friend who was frustrated about making $0 in three cam shifts, and I checked her feed for her and it was super laggy, almost unwatchable. People weren’t tipping or taking her private because it was hard to watch.
That's probably true. I recently discovered that Verizon has been totally screwing me. They more than doubled my slow speed Internet to $80/mo for slow as shit Internet that cuts out. I would switch to another company by now, but I'm stuck waiting until the end of the billing cycle or else I have to forfeit service with no prorated refund. Trust me, I am switching to a better company before the end of this month. But I don't think it's just that. I think people just don't take a liking to me or see me as high value. It's a motif I've noticed with men, dating, job searching in general, etc. I'm the only common denominator. Not Verizon Fios Internet, but me.

I dont' think camming is a "good fit" for me. :'(

@broke_with_masters_degree failure is the path to success. It is by failing that we learn. It is through failure that we find our way.

Steve jobs was a bum sleeping on the floor of dorm rooms, collecting soda cans to get the money to eat.

Jack Ma, failed primary grade multiple times. He failed high school multiple times. He was turned down for 30 jobs. He lost 3 business before finally, succeeding with Alibaba. He's now one of the richest man on the planet.

You clearly have some issues going on with your personal life. Post college depression is a thing. It happens to allot of people. If your feeling suicidal, you need to call a hotline.Talk to some one about every thing that's troubling you. It's the first step in healing.

Find a support group for spouses of infidelity. You need talk to people who understand. People who have gone through the same thing. It will take time, but it will help you get out of this funk.

@broke_with_masters_degree failure is the path to success. It is by failing that we learn. It is through failure that we find our way.

Steve jobs was a bum sleeping on the floor of dorm rooms, collecting soda cans to get the money to eat.

Jack Ma, failed primary grade multiple times. He failed high school multiple times. He was turned down for 30 jobs. He lost 3 business before finally, succeeding with Alibaba. He's now one of the richest man on the planet.

You clearly have some issues going on with your personal life. Post college depression is a thing. It happens to allot of people. If your feeling suicidal, you need to call a hotline.Talk to some one about every thing that's troubling you. It's the first step in healing.

Find a support group for spouses of infidelity. You need talk to people who understand. People who have gone through the same thing. It will take time, but it will help you get out of this funk.
I'm not post college. I'M 35 YEARS OLD. I graduated college in 2004 and graduate school 10 years later.

Well maybe if I actually made some money, and not just occasional bus fare, I'd have a better attitude about it. And if camming made me an income, I wouldn't see it as lowering my morals. But stripping and masterbating online for 20 cents? Yes, I think that's immoral. I'm sure any high achieving camgirl would see it that way too, judging by the top earners' expensive tip menus.

Girl, I hear you. I have a similar (but not identical) educational background, though fortunately my career prospects are looking up and I'm going to stop camming so I have more time to devote to my career. I'd say don't let one bad teaching prospect ruin things for you, and I'd even recommend subbing as a surprisingly less stressful way to get into different schools (you don't have to plan or be observed, you just show up and teach).

Camming can be a great creative outlet, if you're able to drum up clients for roleplay and fetish stuff. I've done so much wacky stuff that I have a lifetime of interesting memories. It can be fun to act and extend roleplay scenarios into multiple sessions, so I think brainy girls can have some advantages with camming.

You could also try becoming a phone sex operator on Niteflirt. You can even buy stock photos to represent you and not have to show yourself on your profile...

However--- if everything is hectic for you right now, it's hard to learn a new skill/trade, which camming and phone sex certainly are!

Have you looked into teaching English to kids in China through VIP Kid? It's not super lucrative (I think it tops out at around $20/hr) and to do it full-time, you have to work weird hours. Also, I heard they aren't hiring right away because of Chinese New Year, but at the end of the month it might be good to contact them. Teaching overseas in Asia is also great fun and good money, if you're able to get away and do it.

I really, really wish you the best, whether or not you decide to take the risky step of camming. Seriously, sounds like things are really tough for you right now. Seriously, if you need cash now, it might even be better to look on local websites for day labour or casual opportunities, like babysitting or house cleaning? God, I'm probably being really unhelpful, but I really wish you the best.

So I tried Chaterbate last night, and I made a whopping $2.40. :mad: That is literally not enough for a single bus fare in my city. How pathetic. I was on for about 2 hrs and got frustrated so I left. Later I went back on MFC and made a whopping 20 cents. I am feeling really discouraged and depressed. I think I am hanging up my webcam girl hat and FOR GOOD. I can't stand the degradation this is doing to my self esteem.
I didn't read past this but I feel inclined to reply... not everyone is cut out to be a cam model.

Cut your losses and find another job.

I had also applied to Streamate and am free to start camming there whenever I'm ready, but I don't feel ready. Every time I merely log onto my profile (without even going live), they make me agree to their rules again and again. Most of the rules are no-brainers (e.g., no minors, no illegal activity, etc) but one of them stood out to me: that Streamate reserves the right to terminate an account if it's not living up to Streamate's expected standards of performance and earnings. That tells me that if I continue with my low low earnings on Streamate, I could essentially get "fired" as a self employed webcam girl.

that rule means models who are taken to private and refuse to perform a show, streamate can fire them. there was issues years ago with this being common. they wouldn't fire you because you aren't doing good enough. they make you agree to the rules over and over because models wouldn't read the rules and just stream. which led to a lot of rule breaking. this must be a new thing.

but streamate will never ever fire you for low earnings.

Looking at this trainwreck of a thread I started, I seriously just want to die right now. I want to go where my deceased parent and relatives are. I have an objectively useless Masters degree with a 3.9 GPA, but I am objectively a failure. I just want to go to sleep.

1-800-273-8255
https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/

Have members asked you for things on cam (within reason) to purchase that you don't provide? Videos, snapchat, privates, etc? Not every cam model makes a countdown work, but "tip for flash" often does.

Reactions: SaffronBurke

Yes and another thing, I've had enough failures to last TWO lifetimes. I've already been homeless a total of three times in the past. Right now I am facing homelessness again. I am behind on my mortgage (no thanks to my a-hole cheater husband), and the electric bill is sending me notices about shutting off my electric and charging me an exorbitant deposit because I'm behind. I had rented out a room or two to bring in extra money, but every single renter except one ended up stiffing me, costing me more money than I made. The last one was a real piece of work, sneaked his deadbeat 19-yr-old girlfriend into the house without permission where she insisted on staying for well over a month, and he racked up over $1200 in unpaid rent. I am in the process of suing him and he has added a slap in the face by blocking me on social media after all he's already done to me. I'm probably going to lose my house and end up homeless, AGAIN. The third and last time I was homeless was the absolute worst, the absolute pits. Everyone in society discriminated against me and I was stuck with no car in the middle of one of the coldest winters on record. After that I made a vow to myself that if I ever became homeless again, I would commit suicide. I even planned out the mode, using injection of heroin, something I've never ever done before in my life and would normally have no desire to ever try. I refuse to go through homelessness a fourth time. No way. I'd rather face the demons in hot hell than the frigid cold in a homeless winter AGAIN.

Have members asked you for things on cam (within reason) to purchase that you don't provide? Videos, snapchat, privates, etc? Not every cam model makes a countdown work, but "tip for flash" often does.

No. More like, members never ask me for things to do on cam at all. I try to get the ball rolling by asking them what they are into or what they want to see. Then I ask them questions about their day or survey them to see what they think about me (e.g., guess my boob size) and still they won't respond. It's like, they just don't care. Chaterbate seems more like Ignorantbate to me, because ignorant is exactly what they are. And yes I've done the "tip for flash" but it seldom works.

Did you really think you would just log onto a cam site and instantly make hundreds??
Cause that really isn't how it works very rarely does this happen for a new model.

I started on MFC and barely made anything there like maybe 20-25 bucks 1/4 times per week that I tried to cam and many days were 0 or like a dollar.
You said you were only on CB for 2 hours before giving up.
It has taken me 3+ hours before to get tips flowing then make hundreds after sticking it out.

You need to be entertaining and keeping people watching so if you are just sitting there waiting for tips its not gonna happen.

I make more camming on private based sites so I abandoned mfc and moved to streamate. I don't really live cam much anymore and the majority of what I make is from custom clips. So clip making is a good option. You have to find what works for you which takes hard work and perseverance so giving up every time you don't make hundreds in a couple hours will get you no where.

Hopefully, you're just overwhelmed and fantasizing about suicide. Or, you'll use the hotline number Audrey gave. Seriously, as crap as it is to be betrayed by your husband, no one man or relationship is worth all that. If you worked hard enough to pull yourself out of homelessness and get a degree, you can pull yourself up and out from underneath your marriage. Your heroin plan is a bad one though. If it fails (and it probably will), and you end up in the hospital, your heroin use is going to be recorded. You'll render the degree that you have useless. Have you looked into teaching at private schools? The private and montessori ones here pretty much require teachers to have masters degrees. Less competition.

51 talk might also be a good option for teaching to Chinese students. My flatmate used their service before (as a student) and liked it.

http://mypage.51talk.com/ph/landing_usa_register.php

Also take your masters degree off any resumes you're sending out where a masters degree isn't necessary for the job. It can be a deterrent, because the employer might think you're going to leave as soon as a better opportunity comes along.

But your priority should be getting help for your mental health. You don't need to suffer like this, and the way you're talking about yourself is very unhealthy.

I agree with what everyone else is saying on here.

Looks aren't what makes you a successful cam model- the models that you may have watched that make it look easy have worked hard as hell to make it appear that way. You aren't seeing the hours of behind the scenes work that they put in and the extreme ups and downs that we ALL face. Running your own business isn't easy and there are days where it will feel like you aren't doing anything right and money just isn't coming in.

My advice: Don't think of failure as a negative. Fail Forward. Take what you aren't succeeding at and learn from it to turn you into the cam model that you aspire to be. You can never be successful without learning from your shortcomings.

Myfreecams is an extremely competitive and tough cam site to start out on! There are plenty of other sites and different ways to hustle that may fit you better. Try them out and find what works for you! Diversify your income by creating clips and then sell them when you're on cam as well. If you don't already have a social media presence, work on building one so that you can direct traffic and build your fan base. Be genuine and focus on cultivating a community.
I really appreciate the Fail Forward! Thanks for the Real Talk!

Being pretty isn't what makes a successful camgirl... If you've done the research to prepare to become a camgirl, you'd have found that out probably in the first article you'd read. Success on cam =/= level of your morals. The girls making $1k an hour aren't "more moral" than girls making $10 an hour. Camming is more than masturbating in front of a webcam. It's a business mixed with working the relationships (whether you call your people fans or friends or slaves, etc.) and if you're literally bringing in $0, you're doing something very wrong. I would reassess your idea of what camming is, decide whether it's really for you if you can't handle the reality of money not pouring in without putting in the time (and patience) and effort, and then come back with more a descriptive account of where you think you're going wrong so that people can actually try to help. IMO, that's better than just venting and offending people who actually do this as a career just bc you don't suit/profit from the industry.

Camming is just making my self deprecation even worse.
Honestly, don't cam. Maybe try again when you're in a better place and it isn't out of desperation, especially when you feel this way already and this line of work makes you feel worse. Doing a job out of a negative state won't lead to success nor fulfillment. Unless you can get comfortable on cam, be comfortable with yourself and having a more-open sexuality, I recommend you stay away from sex work. It isn't for everyone and girls/women need to stop thinking it's something that just means redeeming their pussies for loads of cash. Because it really isn't.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who thinks the OP is just someone pretending to be a camgirl? :think:

Am I the only one who thinks the OP is just someone pretending to be a camgirl? :think:

No, I think she's just super frustrated, depressed, and scared about what her next step in life will be. And I really don't think she meant harm by her "lowering her morals" comment in that other post. I know it sounded bad how she said it, but I think she just meant that she's angry about making no/hardly any money for all that she's offering these guys in free/public chat. She is upset and rambling, which is exactly how I will be at my next therapy session where I have the opportunity to tell the lady all about how I just got played/scammed by a so-called "sugar daddy." Lol. Or maybe I should just keep that part to myself...

Speaking of which, it may not be a bad idea for her to also look into seeing a therapist/psychiatrist. A good one who won't judge her. And she could probably find something else she enjoys besides camming (or maybe even just do paid Skype shows, and phone sex, etc...something where she doesn't have to sit in free chat...I know free chat makes me wanna pull my hair out sometimes).

Speaking of which, it may not be a bad idea for her to also look into seeing a therapist/psychiatrist. A good one who won't judge her. And she could probably find something else she enjoys besides camming (or maybe even just do paid Skype shows, and phone sex, etc...something where she doesn't have to sit in free chat...I know free chat makes me wanna pull my hair out sometimes).

agree. lgbt+ therapists tend to be more open to sexwork.

I think I am hanging up my webcam girl hat and FOR GOOD. I can't stand the degradation this is doing to my self esteem. Camming is just making my self deprecation even worse.

I guess that's how much my pussy is worth, $0. Like that stupid techno club song from 2005 or so where someone in the song would yell out, "Pussy for a penny! Pussy for a penny!" I guess that's all I am worth.

On top of that, I DON'T EVEN WANT to be a camwhore!!! Do you really think I want to be getting naked, risking family and others seeing me on there, and risking losing my potential careers...including TEACHING and HEALTHCARE???? And to top it off, I'm making less than a Denny's waitress with no tips and no customers...at least a Denny's waitress makes $2.83/hr. Funny but I thought the payoff for lowering my morals, risking other careers, and doing "sex work" was that the money would at least be half decent.

You'll never make it in sex work with this attitude. Even if you somehow started making money, you would still be miserable. Look at how you think about this job and those who do it. "Whore?" Really? In a negative connotation? You're not selling your pussy. Your self worth is not tied to your income bracket. If you lowered your morals to do this, then stop doing it. Survival sex work is valid, but the way you talk it really strikes me as someone who thinks themself as above survival work. Above sex work. This isn't for you.

I hope you take the advice other girls gave you about the tutoring positions and seeing a mental health professional. Sex work is fickle and even as a stripper there were days where I felt like the money I made wasn't enough. I've walked away from actually "whoring" feeling let down about the amount I made. But it's been worth it for me. The good has outweighed the bad even if it took a while to get my work ethic, consistency, and online presence to a place where I can say it's worth it. If you are feeling this negatively about it, stop doing it. If you think so negatively about your fellow sex workers that if they're not making enough they aren't as worthy and moral as the ones who are, don't fucking do it. There are social systems in place in the US to help you if you're in poverty. I'm not saying your situation is going to magically improve by just getting on food stamps, but at least reach out for help. And leave your husband if he's cheating on you, he sounds like he's just adding to your sadness. No man is worth that.

if I ever became homeless again, I would commit suicide. I even planned out the mode, using injection of heroin, something I've never ever done before in my life and would normally have no desire to ever try. I refuse to go through homelessness a fourth time. No way. I'd rather face the demons in hot hell than the frigid cold in a homeless winter AGAIN.

Heroin will not fix this. You need to talk to some one. Lots of communities have free outreach counseling. At the very least talk to a support group. Even if it's just an online meeting. You need to start taking steps to heal yourself.

Wow. Breathe girl. I know this thread is getting a bit old, but this one made my eyes (and my heart) hurt!

You are spiraling. You need to get your shit together. That has to be the #1 priority. Fuck the money. Fuck the responsibilities. You need to take care of yourself FIRST.

1. Dump husband. Remove yourself from that home - either he leaves, or you do. That environment is too toxic for anyone to keep sane in. Bullshit you don't have the money for divorce. It doesn't take a penny to walk out the damn door and not look back. The legal part is irrelevant right now. But it DOES take self respect. Been there, done that.

2. Your attitude sucks. Be proud of yourself! Again, I say, breathe. Really, it's important for your health to do deep breathing every day! You're feeling shitty because you are burned out. But it's making you see things all backwards. No big deal if sex work isn't for you. But, let me tell you something, I have TWO Masters degrees, and a DOCTORATE. And I'm camming. And I've been homeless 3 times, one of which was recently. So STFU with the failure talk. Each of these is a comeback story, a survival story I'm PROUD of. I didn't fail. I SURVIVED. You are surviving too. You will be alright. Your brain is what gets you there. But also, it's what makes you feel down sometimes, because you can see stuff around you, and you have potential. It's hard not to take stuff seriously. You will always be ok, if you value yourself, and if you breathe. Take a week off to do nothing but yoga and meditation. For real, you're not making any money anyway, what's the difference if you spend the time at a pretend spa in your head? You need a break! You're no good to yourself right now like this. You've lost the ability to take care of yourself.

3. You sound like you're in the States. You can go to a shelter if things get bad. You can also check yourself into a psychiatric hospital if you are a risk to yourself. They'll have to hold you for I think at least 3 days for evaluation, so you won't be out on the street during that time even without insurance, and you can just sit still and get some rest. Baby steps. Survival and self care is #1 right now. You can also probably walk in and out of free therapy almost 24 hours in your town, by visiting various 12-step groups, for support and a place to talk. Or just to listen to a person whose life is worse than yours. Overeaters, Al-Anon, AA, Sex addicts... I mean, they're often going on every hour somewhere, and you don't even have to talk to be there and get a free donut and kind look your way or whatever. Better than nothing if you can't afford therapy, and don't have a free clinic or community center in your town.

4. Expectations, similar to the attitude thing, are messing you up. Your looks have virtually nothing to do with camming success. People pay the most for niche market stuff - beautiful girls who will take their tops off are a dime a dozen in this world. Which is literally why you're making that much. You have unique skills. USE them. Or don't. But don't attach your self worth to the money you make by strangers throwing pennies at your naked body. Have a good time, fuck those guys (didn't mean literally, lol! I meant like ignore them), and do what you do in your shows that you would do for free - so the money is just icing. Likewise, don't pin your self worth to shitty real-world jobs. They're not hiring you at the local fast food joint because you're coming off as over-qualified, and they're not wrong that the drug addict they hired is likely to stick around for years if they don't die, whereas as soon as you do well and get your life together you're likely to bolt out the door forever. I got turned down from something like 300 jobs one year when I was homeless, and it made me want to kill myself... but it all boiled down to me actually trying TOO hard, and seeming TOO professional. I actually had some people interviewing me arguing with me that I don't actually want this job, things can't be that bad, I'm too good for this, I can't be that desperate. And I was like, are you kidding me, I AM - just give me the job!!! PLEASE, I'm begging you!!!! In the end, they were right, and I'm glad they shut the door in my face... the next year I got my dream job for a few years, and made WAY more money than I ever could have with the crummy job I tried to convince them to give me. Just breathe, it will come around. But you have to treat yourself well, and have some standards for how others treat you, to have good in your life. Right now, it seems like you're feeling so low you are letting any people, treat you any kind of which way they feel like. And then you're blaming yourself that you're not worth better. Not so! You are worth a lot, and it will just take some time for the world to see it. Set the example by making your own needs a priority over other people's. Give up the expectation, which is unrealistic, that people will treat you like gold when you feel like you are worth less than shit. Give up the expectation that what other people see is the sum of your value. Believe in yourself because you have inherent worth as a human being - not because other people give you permission to. Stop waiting around for them to tell you if you are wonderful and beautiful and smart and worthy or not. Just start every day knowing that you ARE, and one day they will just have to catch up. Live your life, enjoy your moments, without waiting for them. And don't give anybody the time of day who does not treat you as though you are worthwhile. Like, your husband, your in-laws, potential employers, potential cam customers, etc..... Expect only love from yourself - you can't control anybody else, or anything on this Earth. Anybody who does not respect you, drop like a bad habit - cuz that's all they are.

I could go on forever, but I am avoiding my own sleep, and my own needs, so need to head off to bed.

I just feel for you, cuz I've been there. But you have to find joy in your life again, and in everything you've described, you seem to be trying to find it in external people and things, rather than inside yourself. Rather than loving YOURSELF. Who gives a flying fuck about other people's validation and what they think? What about what YOU think?

Some of these ideas, aside from the suicide lines and therapy and all that for just basic survival, are good. Like the online English camming classes for Chinese kids - some companies are legit. Local tutoring is also generally good pay, especially if you can get yourself to a rich neighborhood and be reliable with your transportation. You seem to know how to class it up. Teaching community college is shit pay, but you might be qualified, and it might raise your self esteem in the meantime. Like, it won't be worse than McDonald's. You can make artwork and sell it online. You can try Fiverr. There are 1,001 things to to try, it just depends on your passion, and your particular skill set. One thing I will tell you though, people don't want to pay you to sit and watch you be miserable. They can feel it! If you truly love what you do, you are doing a good thing for your health! And sooner or later, people will want to pay you for it, because watching you, or hearing you, or being around the thing you made or wrote, makes them happy because your good vibes ooze off onto them. You feel joy, so they feel joy!

This may sound nuts, because you're broke, but also if you can, start volunteering an hour or two a week at a cause you care about. You really need a reality check that your life is not the worst on the planet. You need to feel value again. You need to get out of your head. And you're not making money anyway, so what's the difference? You might make new friends who share your interests, and who are also giving people instead of the selfish a-holes you seem to be surrounded by. You also have a great shot of getting an in for a job through one of the people you meet, if you make a good impression.

But I repeat, you need to get your shit together first. You need to breathe. You can't fix anything, while you're busy thinking about suicide and heroin and how you somehow are a failure as a whore. That kind of bad vibe is not going to wear off, it stinks around you and people can smell it a mile away! You need some sleep first, and a clear head! :) You need to cry it out, and then smile a bit. Write out 5 things you're grateful for, no matter how tiny, every single day. Don't ever stop. Take a deep breath, and start life over.

Maybe one day you will make a funny book, or movie, or TV show about this experience. Maybe you will counsel others out of this headspace. Better days are just around the corner. But you need to live to see them.

I have been where you are, so I'm speaking from experience. These are things that helped me. Life is rough. But it also very rich. If you open your eyes wider, you will start to be able to see the beautiful things all around you, and the hope that is right in front of you.

I wish you peace, and profound love for yourself. You do deserve it. :)

I was sympathetic towards you until you used the words and phrases camwhore, AA junkie, and lowering your morals. Maybe your bad attitude is the reason why you're not making much camming. Members can sense it if you don't really want to be on cam and you won't make much. If you've tried multiple sites with little success, maybe camming isn't for you and you should find work elsewhere.

I hope you can find a way to see yourself in a more positive light, and with that you may learn to see the people on this forum in a better way. I think it's really just mean to come in here and get so much support only to make horribly rude statements about the work many people here do.

Okay! First of all, if you are feeling less than sexy, or sad/grumpy/upset, I think this shows and members would rather try another room, that's more uplifting.

That said, The other night, I made like $3.00 and I was clothed, went on with a goal, and failed miserably!
A few nights later, I was half naked, I wasn't paying attention to the cam, and TADA, someone tipped me 50 Tokens to get my attention. He asked me if I wanted to play. Of course, I was like, "play?" Turns out he meant to take me private and that made the entire night worth it!

I'm willing to bet that even Top Models have bad days, (not as bad as mine! haha) However, making videos, pic sets, social media networking, etc. These things do help! But aren't really super important for new models.

Also, when top models are on, you'll get little to no traffic to your room.

My best advice is to appear happy and flirty until you get some regulars. Even if they don't tip, they make me smile, which somehow ends up earning me tips.

The worse thing a cam model can assume is that it's so easy, such as, I just sit and look pretty and the money rolls in. No Way! It is hard work! And it's not for just anybody!
But if you are serious, then don't give up so easily!
Watch other models, see what things do earn them tips, and decide if you are willing to do those things.
Not that you can't come up with a brand new tactic, and rock it 'till the wheels fall off.
But even then, usually it can still get old, and you have to switch it up and try new things.

Just Please, don't ever give off negative vibes on cam, it never ever works for me!! Maybe the top models are allowed to be grumpy sometimes, but they have so many fans, that by now sympathize with them, to the point, they might get tips for being less happy/energetic/etc.

Goodluck OP!

when i first started i tried several camsites: chaturbate, mfc, niteflirt, imlive, and finally settling on streamate. out of all five sites, streamate seemed to be the site i made the most on the same hours i put into the other sites.

Wooo, maybe I'll try out streamate as well. mayybee :D Thanks AudriTwo :)

I get your frustration, but things can always change.

I agree with Ivy success is not measured by the tokens you have made. Failures aren’t really that bad if you think about it. I really think people put so much emphasis on material things. Money doesn’t make you happy, nor should you ever try to think it’s going to make any and all problems go away. In fact, in the beginning of camming I am sure every model has done something that didn’t work. But, if it’s something you enjoy doing then I would just focus on creating a positive environment for people. Don’t worry about the money. As you progress things will change for you.

Food for thought but have you ever thought about creating an Excel spreadsheet and logging your daily earnings. Along with what you have been doing. Then, you can gauge what is working and what isn’t working for you. Possibly one of the more experienced cam girls can look at the sheet, maybe watch your show for 5-10 minutes and give you some pointers on what she thinks works and what you might not want to consider doing.

As far as scammers and faking tokens there are always boners on the internet. That’s just how people are when they are behind the keyboard. Don’t feed into the negativity.

Maybe start a thread where other cam girls can provide you with constructive criticism, too. It would be kind of like a mini support group to help get your camming ventures on the right track.

As far as people telling you, your not pretty enough don’t worry what people say about you. It’s more important what you think of yourself.

As far as Chaturbate goes I believe it’s one of the best sites for newbies. I believe Chaturbate will help promote you on Twitter. Are you on Twitter?

But, it sounds like your going through a hard time with your work life. Maybe, all the crap going on is a blessing. With the support of people on here, I’m sure you can obtain your goals.

Reactions: AussieCosplay
Yes I am risking a lot, but no schools will hire me and neither will any hospitals or offices. I spend way more time each day using my computer to job search than to cam. I am risking a lot and it will probably all blow up in my face when I think it can't get any worse.

Serving jobs represent a portion of the jobs I've been applying to. I already explained how I got the runaround at a Denny's type place last week. Horrible. They hire AA junkie addicts but not me. I specifically knew at least 3 of them. One was a thief and a liar. The other one had a lazy "this job is a joke" type attitude, probably because the job seemed menial compared to the biotech lab job she had prior to her raging alcoholism and 2 criminal DUIs. The other had a horrible attitude on the job apparently, didn't last long, but hey she still got farther than me by even getting the job in the first place. All 3 of these girls had criminal records for drugs and/or DUIs. So these two restaurants hire these 3 girls but not me. Worse, they can't even tell me upfront that they have slow business or they're full staffed, no, instead they waste my time. My next step is to attend an AA meeting in my town (which apparently are very popular, since I live in a ghetto ass drug/alcohol ridden town) and pretend to be a recovering alcoholic since apparently AA has a LOT of job networking programs to help recovering addicts get on their feet. Heck, that's what my own husband did when he was facing homelessness a number of years ago; claimed to be an alcoholic (he did drink a good bit back then, but it was more a young partying phase than an actual addiction) just so he could get accepted into an AA-sponsored boarding house and access to jobs that specifically recruited AA members. I know I sound as awful as Edward Norton's character in Fight Club, but hey this is survival mode.

And, yes I have a craptastic attitude right now, in the privacy of my own bedroom, behind a computer keyboard. I can promise you that when I go to restaurants and other job places, I make sure I exude positivity and niceness. In fact, that was one of the things the managers at that restaurant that strung me along had said, that they really liked how upbeat and professional I looked. (But words are meaningless; I want a JOB that pays MONEY, not useless platitudes) I also go on the camsites being very sweet and smiley, but admittedly there are a few times that I get cranky and pissy near the end. Ironically, those are the times when I make any tips at all, as weird and bizarre as that is.

Umm...this is just horribly offensive in so many ways. I think you are probably just a troll, but I'm going to respond anyways so that perhaps people will have a better understanding of 12-Step programs. I noticed that you called people on Chaturbate ignorant in another post and that's like the pot calling the goddamn kettle black because this shit is some of the most ignorant shit I've read in a LONG time.

I, and countless others, owe our fucking lives to 12-Step programs. This includes doctors, lawyers, and politicians as well as unemployed and/or homeless individuals. When people come into the rooms to try to take advantage of individuals who are already struggling to stay sober, they are literally fucking with the opportunity that members of the fellowship have to stay sober. There are people who struggle to stay sober for a day but keep coming back to meetings and there are people who have long-term sobriety in the rooms too. By entering a 12-Step meeting when you don't have a desire to quit drinking, drugging, eating, debting, etc...you have the potential to cause permanent damage to the lives of those individuals who are trying to stay sober. Additionally, you put their anonymity at risk, which just isn't cool.

The people that I've met in the rooms are some of the most amazing, non-judgmental people I've ever known. They taught me how to live my life without fear and how to love unconditionally. They are also some of the most generous people I know. Are they also former junkies? Yep, sometimes, but the only reason I'm not a junkie is because nobody ever offered me heroin or meth when I was drunk. That's literally all it would have taken. I value my sobriety as much as my life because in reality they are the same thing. If I don't stay sober, chances are pretty high that I'm going to die or end up in jail. It's the same for other people. Life's a struggle for everyone, so please don't minimize the lives of other people by taking advantage of them, especially when most of them are working extremely hard to be better people and avoid repeating the mistakes of the past.

All of that being said, I graduated from a prestigious private college and have two master's degrees. I *chose* to leave my job to cam full-time because I love the business/marketing/relationship-building aspect of camming. Do I have bad days? Yep, but that just makes me work harder to make-up the difference and find creative ways to problem-solve. Camming isn't for the faint of heart or those who lack the drive to hustle. Your posts read like they are coming from the perspective of someone who feels entitled to money/jobs/resources just because you have an education. Here's the deal though...your education doesn't fucking matter here or anywhere else. Yeah, it might qualify you for certain jobs but it doesn't make you better than anyone else or more deserving than anyone else.

Being unemployed fucking sucks, but jealousy and bitterness aren't a good look on anyone and cam site members/potential employers can see that. There's a big difference between acting like a kind, sweet person and actually being one. If you think people can't see through that bullshit, then you are completely delusional.

Dont feel bad. Take a step back and think about what you are doing and see what the problem is. Are you getting enough viewers on your show. If not, why? Have you got good tags or title to attract people? Do you have a bad reputation? Have not many people heard of you? What is the reaction to your shows. If it is bad, why? Are you not engaging wiht your audience enough? Are you not doing what they want you to do? Are people expecting something different to what you are trying to do? Is the audience correct for what you are trying to deliver to. If not, why? Are you operating in an incorrect niche? Are you getting viewers from a different country with language barrier issues? If that is the case, the best thing to do would be to maybe change site. It would be a good idea to search which sites are popular in your country or the country that you are trying to target. For myself, the two sites that I have used and found to be good are Chaturbate (.com) and Easy Cams (.co.uk). Both have good audiences and pay well. Chaturbate is good for the US & Canada sort of countries. For myself, however, being based in the UK, found Easy Cams to be a bit better for my audience. I found it to also be quiet good for other European countries as well. However, if you are based in a different country, I recommend that you use a different site for your country. One other thing that I want to remind you is that you need to make sure to put in a lot of effort when you are starting out. Do very long shows, push yourself out of your comfort and effort zones, use a lot of social media and cam almost every day. Hope this helps.

OP doesn't seem to be checking - or responding - to the thread. Broke_with_masters, your plight is truly alarming, I hope you find a way out. I just want to bring your attention to TemporarilyWhining's advice "You also have a great shot of getting an in for a job through one of the people you meet."

The truth is that most people get their jobs through people they know - i.e. networking. That's why applying for jobs is such a frustration. Ask your friends, family and family friends if they have job openings at their work - for their friend's/relatives' work. Older people - friends of your parents'? - are good to ask because they and their acquaintances have established careers and may know the higher-ups who are looking to fill positions. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.