AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Login help (MFC) for a new model, plus, any newbie tips?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
AshleyFox said:
Tilly said:
Seems like no other models have ever had issues logging in once their MFC model account has been verified. This seems to be a human error, or something to continue to take up with MFC model support. Do you remember your password? Also, yes, MFC requires all of this information sent and received to be through them and the model, not her boyfriend, or even her husband. There's pretty much no reason for you to be doing these things on her behalf. Think of it this way; if your girlfriend got a job at Walmart, would you go there and fill out her application? Would you be the one to talk to her superiors? Would you be doing her work for her? No. And camming is no different. SHE needs to fill out her own forms, read her own model release, and figure out how to broadcast on her own. There's really no reason for you to be helping her in any way.

Personally, even in my closest relationships that spanned over multiple years in length, I wouldn't have wanted ANY of my boyfriends to know my MFC password OR more importantly, have access to my SSN. Sounds like you need to give her some space to do this on her own. Being a camgirl is all about independence. No matter what you say to rebuttal this post, you are proving by posting on her behalf that you are not allowing her to be independent on this decision/endeavor for herself.

All of what Tilly said! Also, if I were MFC Support and I read emails from a male about a female's account, numerous red flags would run through my mind. I'm not saying that you have any ill intent at all, but seeing as MFC is a strictly-female model cam site, I can't see them responding to you for fear that you're really a male trying to gain access to broadcasting as a model. Secondly and along the same lines, as a male inquiring about a female's account, who's to say that you aren't an obsessed member trying to gain access to a model's info? Again, I'm not saying that you have any ill intent, but hell, we don't know you, we don't know her, and needless to say MFC doesn't know you either. I would think that any male who isn't contacting MFC support as a member, but rather inquiring about a model's account status would be automatically written off as a trouble-maker and not contact you back. :twocents-02cents:

I understand ALL of this. She had written them for about 10 days now, every 2 days, with no response. So I thought I'd try to help, by contacting on her behalf, in hopes of raising SOME sort of flag that simply says, "hi, she'd like to make YOUR site money, as well as make some money herself."

Again, noted. I hear you all loud and clear.

All the best,
NMD

NiceMusicianDude said:
AshleyFox said:
Tilly said:
Seems like no other models have ever had issues logging in once their MFC model account has been verified. This seems to be a human error, or something to continue to take up with MFC model support. Do you remember your password? Also, yes, MFC requires all of this information sent and received to be through them and the model, not her boyfriend, or even her husband. There's pretty much no reason for you to be doing these things on her behalf. Think of it this way; if your girlfriend got a job at Walmart, would you go there and fill out her application? Would you be the one to talk to her superiors? Would you be doing her work for her? No. And camming is no different. SHE needs to fill out her own forms, read her own model release, and figure out how to broadcast on her own. There's really no reason for you to be helping her in any way.

Personally, even in my closest relationships that spanned over multiple years in length, I wouldn't have wanted ANY of my boyfriends to know my MFC password OR more importantly, have access to my SSN. Sounds like you need to give her some space to do this on her own. Being a camgirl is all about independence. No matter what you say to rebuttal this post, you are proving by posting on her behalf that you are not allowing her to be independent on this decision/endeavor for herself.

All of what Tilly said! Also, if I were MFC Support and I read emails from a male about a female's account, numerous red flags would run through my mind. I'm not saying that you have any ill intent at all, but seeing as MFC is a strictly-female model cam site, I can't see them responding to you for fear that you're really a male trying to gain access to broadcasting as a model. Secondly and along the same lines, as a male inquiring about a female's account, who's to say that you aren't an obsessed member trying to gain access to a model's info? Again, I'm not saying that you have any ill intent, but hell, we don't know you, we don't know her, and needless to say MFC doesn't know you either. I would think that any male who isn't contacting MFC support as a member, but rather inquiring about a model's account status would be automatically written off as a trouble-maker and not contact you back. :twocents-02cents:

I understand ALL of this. She had written them for about 10 days now, every 2 days, with no response. So I thought I'd try to help, by contacting on her behalf, in hopes of raising SOME sort of flag that simply says, "hi, she'd like to make YOUR site money, as well as make some money herself."

Again, noted. I hear you all loud and clear.

All the best,
NMD

If you understand all of this, then why isn't she here asking us questions? You've already backtracked and said that she is tech-savvy enough, so she needs to be here asking questions. I don't know why MFC hasn't responded to her. The one thing I can think to have you tell her is that she needs to make sure that she is emailing them from the email account that is linked to her MFC account.

Edited to add: And the big, bolded letters don't exactly help your case here. This is an amazing group of models and members who come here to converse, ask, and answer questions. What doesn't help is the fact that you've said you "understand" everything that we've said, but yet you continue to get defensive. Defensive = less helpful replies.

What she can do is once this all gets sorted out and she can log into her MFC account, send her here and have her make a model account where she can access all kinds of useful info in the Model's Only section.

NiceMusicianDude said:
give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime

Only when the last tree has died
And the last river been poisoned
And the last fish been caught
Will we realize we cannot eat money.

~Cree Proverb

I have nothing to add to this thread, but this book is awesome.

Being a cam model is much more than being pretty and get naked (or whatever)

You have to:
*Learn Basic Coding (HTML and CSS)
*Edit Videos/Use a camera
*Lighting setting (sounds simple, but a bad light can make your face looks different -> http://petapixel.com/2013/04/16/trippy- ... -lighting/ )
*Use photoshop/paint whatsover to make graphics
*Social Media (you can't be dumb using it or it will kill your brand or expose your real life)
*Know how to deal with computers, softwares for webcam and smartphones
*Learn to adapt very fast (dangerous situations, awkward ones, sensitive subjects in chat)
*Dont be afraid to contact support
*Know how to get paid (more important if you are foreign, there are lot of ways and some works better to some countries than others)

If she can't even contact support or see what's going on with her account, i dont see the motivation to try this. Getting someone (even a studio that makes all the the things) holding your hand won't help much when you are alone and have to deal with those issues by yourself.

This forum helped me a lot to get better in LOTS of this items, so you dont have to have it all at once, you can improve then, but at first you have to know what you are doing and what to do to get there. Tell her she needs to make this about her, not you and her. You can help her with all this stuff, there is no harm in being partners in this business, but you BOTH have to learn "How To" things, not only you!

My advice about this topic:

Sit with her and write an email like its her explaining the problem, go to this page and try to log in with the password and login you made http://profiles.myfreecams.com/

This is a Model page, if you made an account as a model this is the page you get, with all the check boxes with a Check and Broadcast Webcam Available

This is a member page, it is pretty empty, so you didnt create an account as model, to become a model on MFC you need to make an account in this link:

http://www.myfreecams.com/models/info.php?cam=30229

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    183.5 KB · Views: 497
  • member.png
    member.png
    125.2 KB · Views: 497
NoelleBright said:
NiceMusicianDude said:
give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime

Only when the last tree has died
And the last river been poisoned
And the last fish been caught
Will we realize we cannot eat money.

~Cree Proverb

:cool:
Okay, it's just bugging me. It's not a cree proverb.
http://quoteinvestigator.com/2011/10/20/last-tree-cut/
In conclusion, QI would tentatively credit by Alanis Obomsawin with the saying. Also, the characterization “Native American saying” seems accurate in the sense that the two earliest known users of the statement were Native Americans. Yet, the phrase seems to have been crafted in relatively modern times, and thus does not have the deep historical resonance provided by age. Perhaps someone could ask Obomsawin about the expression.
I feel better now.

NiceMusicianDude said:
Tilly said:
NiceMusicianDude said:
Tilly,

It's clear to me that none of you models want the boys to help out in any way. Noted. I'll be on my way, now.

I don't think we are asking you for help, dude. You asked US for help and I am simply telling you how MFC runs their site. Their rules, not mine. I am simply telling you that this job is hers and not yours. You shouldn't be involved, especially to this degree.

I understand that. I was asking for help for her. Then, it was made clear that the boys are to NEVER be involved in any way.

Noted, dear. Noted.

Ohp. You busted out the big font size! You must really mean your condescending messages towards me for giving you some solid advice on how to go about getting this shit straightened out for you... and oh, your girlfriend, who this information actually pertains to!

I can bust out the big guns too, you know. :cool:

I'M NOT YOUR DEAR.
AND IF I COULD SAY IT IN A LARGER FONT SIZE,
I MOST DEFINITELY WOULD.

I think the appropriate response to me and everyone here giving you all this advice would probably be "THANK YOU".

Thank you for taking the time to post that Gween!

Also, if there really is a ban or some such, I doubt that logging in (well, attempting to log in) from multiple IPs is helping anything.

Anyway I think today is a bad day to press the issue as they (MFC) has been having issues since last night and completely legit models are even having trouble logging in.

side note: The condescending verbiage in your replies instead of acknowledgement of advice is really odd.

You say you felt attacked but I don't really see it. If you want to help, maybe spend more time working or get a better paying job so your girlfriend doesn't have to get naked on the internet for strange dudes like me. Now I see it. If it makes you feel better guy, lots of boyfriends and husbands are involved. The advice given here isn't always the best. Do whatever you and her feel like doing. People here like to gang up on anyone new and try to push what they believe is the right way but as I'm sure you've noticed, they don't always know the situation so the advice isn't always good. Plenty of top models do just fine without the need for this forum so do whatever you feel like.

Reactions: KudosKids and Tilly
While it's great your supportive of your girlfriend wanting to be a cam model, it's a little odd that you're doing this much leg work for her. She should be learning all this stuff first hand if she wants to be making money as a cam girl for more than a month or two. This job comes with an ever growing learning curve and what happens if you aren't in the picture anymore and she is still trying to do this job without your help? It sounds like she'd be pretty helpless..

TittySprinkles said:
While it's great your supportive of your girlfriend wanting to be a cam model, it's a little odd that you're doing this much leg work for her. She should be learning all this stuff first hand if she wants to be making money as a cam girl for more than a month or two. This job comes with an ever growing learning curve and what happens if you aren't in the picture anymore and she is still trying to do this job without your help? It sounds like she'd be pretty helpless..

What happens when/if he's out of the picture and he has her passwords and other personal info like her SSN?
This is the perfect storm for blackmail.

Tilly said:
TittySprinkles said:

What happens when/if he's out of the picture and he has her passwords and other personal info like her SSN?

c8eZU1F.gif

PunkInDrublic said:
If you want to help, maybe spend more time working or get a better paying job so your girlfriend doesn't have to get naked on the internet for strange dudes like me.
Yea because what woman in their right mind would want to be independent when they can just have a rich man to support them, instead? :roll:

PlayboyMegan said:
PunkInDrublic said:
If you want to help, maybe spend more time working or get a better paying job so your girlfriend doesn't have to get naked on the internet for strange dudes like me.
Yea because what woman in their right mind would want to be independent when they can just have a rich man to support them, instead? :roll:
Rich man supporting you seems better than strangers on the internet supporting you but ok.

Reactions: KudosKids
I think that part of what is frustrating is that people here clearly WANT to help you, but it seems like maybe you aren't quite hearing or acknowledging what people are saying?

You posted TWICE saying that it was "loud and clear" that men should never be involved in any way ever, EVER! But you totally fabricated that! You added all of this strong, hyperbolic language with definitive statements, but that's not actually what people were saying. Models have their significant others help them out ALL the time, we often sing their praises and are glad to have their help. Amber has some awesome tech stuff made by Jawbs that we can all appreciate as being an awesome and wonderful way that he helps her and her business as a camgirl. MrPond does all kinds of stuff on the sidelines for me and I am so grateful to have him lend me a hand when I need it. Many of us have S/Os play camera man or video editor, and let me tell you it is straight up amazing to have that help sometimes. When you are with someone they are your partner, and depending on your relationship and personalities, you want to help each other out when you can. BUT I think that most of us do agree that when it comes to certain things in camming our S/O (no matter how awesome they are) stays out. There's a difference between helping and being supportive and actually DOING the job for someone. There are plenty of things that she just needs to do on her own and you'll kind of need to stay out of the way. Though, as Punk said, you guys can totally do things the way you want, it's up to you.

We get a lot of people who make their first post a plea for help and it can be frustrating for us as these folks generally just want to take from the community and not give to it. They want to swoop in and use our expertise and then bail. Often they don't even listen, push away our advice, or are straight up jerks. There are TONS of guys who come in asking for advice for their "friend" or girlfriend and it can be a bit frustrating for us because I think we know that it would be WAY better for the model to come and join the community instead. A lot of these topics are broached already in Models Only and it's a pain in the ass to have to repeat ourselves over and over when the answers already exist. If you had looked around, you would have seen that we tend to be pretty wary of dudes coming in asking for help on behalf of someone else. As a matter of fact, as you can probably tell, this community generally HATES that. I know that I felt totally creeped out when I read about you trying to log in to her account without her even so much as standing there with you. I don't know what it is about that, but I got a chill up my spine. I feel like that is one of the boundaries that shouldn't be crossed and has probably messed things up from MFC's POV, too. Trying to log in simultaneously from different IP's is a huge red flag, I feel like if she had dealt with this without your help, she'd probably be broadcasting by now (assuming there isn't something else wrong on her account).

Anyway, this is a lovely community especially if you approach us nicely. Please just be open to the help and advice people are trying to give you and for the love of god please don't be condescending to us by calling us things like "Dear". That is a surefire way to garner dislike from the community. I know that it can be intimidating walking into an unfamiliar community of professionals asking for advice, but using language that comes off like a pat on the head is very rude and totally unnecessary.

You guys can choose what you want to do. This has perhaps soured you on the forum but I assure you that this is an amazing resource for camgirls in the way of help and info as well as friendship and community. You just have to get to know how things work first and be respectful when asking for help. I do agree with those saying that camming requires a lot of work and independence and working issues like this out is all stuff that she should be able to do for herself. You've probably heard that plenty by now, though. I hope everything works out and your girlfriend is able to broadcast soon, this is an amazing job for those who are suited to it.

PunkInDrublic said:
PlayboyMegan said:
PunkInDrublic said:
Rich man supporting you seems better than strangers on the internet supporting you but ok.

Relying on a rich man - this person could choose to walk away from the relationship at anytime or use your reliance to manipulate ya.

Relying on strangers on the internet - there's always gonna be more strangers who then become fans if only for a small amount of time.

@punk I know not everyone's keen on doing sexy stuff in front of strangers, but the slut shaming can stop now, thank you. Some of us enjoy this, and are terrified by the idea of one person supporting us, when at any moment something could happen causing us to lose everything.

Nah, I'm not even gonna touch on that. One thing though is camming is gonna be a really nasty wake up to harder than she/you planned when she goes through the process of learning all the ropes (because in reality she has to not you). She'll have to learn what lighting works when while she's on cam, what topics work, what sells what doesn't. She'll have to learn LOTS of coding. She will have to learn how to make her photos and videos cater to the audience of members she attracts (not simply what you think works for every guy), and how will she know?...why by chatting with them, socializing, and becoming good friends with many of them. You can't do that for her, and if you type in pm for her (as I've seen boyfriend's and studios do before) members will know, and she will lose income drastically.

Almost everything said here reminds me of my ex husband and how he attempted to "help" when I started camming. Here's a hint on the end result...we're divorced.

If she isn't willing to slowly learn in on her own in her own time while working another job till she's ready to cam, then she shouldn't start now. You both should have another job for at least the first 3 months of her starting, and preferably a couple thousand saved up, or you guys WILL likely go broke. I'm not judging her camming, but what I've seen from myself and others since May 2012 when I started on MFC. If she's wanting an easier job, camming isn't it. Even if it looks relaxed when the model's on cam, it's full of work off cam, and very stressful financially for quite a long while.

Edit others beat me to most of this ^.^

PunkInDrublic said:
PlayboyMegan said:
PunkInDrublic said:

How about you re-word that to strangers on the internet paying you for a job well done or purchasing your content :roll:

GracieHart said:
PunkInDrublic said:
PlayboyMegan said:
PunkInDrublic said:

How about you re-word that to strangers on the internet paying you for a job well done or purchasing your content :roll:

Yeah I never really understood slut shaming since all the "strangers on the internet" are doing is basically complimenting us by telling us we're the type that they want to see doing sexy stuff/they like hanging out with us.

Oh no someone is shaming me for being awesome! I'm sooooo offended! O.O

PunkInDrublic said:
PlayboyMegan said:
PunkInDrublic said:
Would you have said the same thing to a man?
"Rich woman supporting you seems better than the strangers who buy your merchandise at the store you own."

lol you puppets never fail to amuse me. How do some of you not get it yet? I love how easy it is to get a reaction out of people here. So simple. If it looks like I'm trolling, just ignore me.

Yeah I do need more hobbies. Maybe I should become super independent and spend my life getting naked for anyone with a few extra nickels. Boring day at work, sorry. Stole all of nicemusic guys heat, so mission accomplished.

Reactions: AlexEmpire
PunkInDrublic said:
Yeah I do need more hobbies. Maybe I should become super independent and spend my life getting naked for anyone with a few extra nickels. Boring day at work, sorry. Stole all of nicemusic guys heat, so mission accomplished.

It's super weird you're on this forum so much, but a lot of your posts reflect you really dislike cam girls and what they do & have little to no respect for them as humans.

I am not going to get into the he said/she said BS! I personally think it's wonderful and not odd at all that a man would try to help his partner out in anyway he can.

On to the actual problem: I noticed that some people have already given pretty solid advice BUT

Log in issues: have you tried having her reset her password? When I first signed up, I didn't write down my chosen pass, and I didn't quite pay enough attention to what I had typed, and I am quite prone to the occasional mistype. So if you have recieved emails from MFC stating the account is now ready for setting up but you can't login, I would suggest trying a password reset! I would also double check that there are no errors in the username she chose, and the one being typed in.

Helping your girlfriend get started: I am in no way considered a popular model but I would be happy to offer her some basic advice of what I've learned a long the way. Once she gets her account setup have her shoot me a MFC mail (or a pm if she sees me online).

Good luck to her on her journey and I hope the issues are resolved a.s.a.p

TittySprinkles said:
It's super weird you're on this forum so much, but a lot of your posts reflect you really dislike cam girls and what they do & have little to no respect for them as humans.

Super weird that you have been on the internet this long and don't understand gimmick posting.

I'm going to address everyone individually, here. Hopefully this will clarify some stuff.

If you understand all of this, then why isn't she here asking us questions? You've already backtracked and said that she is tech-savvy enough, so she needs to be here asking questions. I don't know why MFC hasn't responded to her. The one thing I can think to have you tell her is that she needs to make sure that she is emailing them from the email account that is linked to her MFC account.

Edited to add: And the big, bolded letters don't exactly help your case here. This is an amazing group of models and members who come here to converse, ask, and answer questions. What doesn't help is the fact that you've said you "understand" everything that we've said, but yet you continue to get defensive. Defensive = less helpful replies.

What she can do is once this all gets sorted out and she can log into her MFC account, send her here and have her make a model account where she can access all kinds of useful info in the Model's Only section.

I feel that some of the models here have been offensive, thus making me defensive. If you all re-read the original post (the first in this thread), you will see I had a very simple question, and I was complimenting ALL of you, for getting my girlfriend interested in doing this at all. Some replies, while helpful, also seemed a bit condescending. Everything you all have suggested, she has done, to no avail, so she enlisted my help, which I was happy to try and give. We are not computer-illiterate people. We are both tech-savvy, but when it comes to a seemingly site-wide problem, we don't know what to do. Hence, why I initially joined here, and asked my (very friendly) questions.

Gween said:
Being a cam model is much more than being pretty and get naked (or whatever)

You have to:
*Learn Basic Coding (HTML and CSS)
*Edit Videos/Use a camera
*Lighting setting (sounds simple, but a bad light can make your face looks different -> http://petapixel.com/2013/04/16/trippy- ... -lighting/ )
*Use photoshop/paint whatsover to make graphics
*Social Media (you can't be dumb using it or it will kill your brand or expose your real life)
*Know how to deal with computers, softwares for webcam and smartphones
*Learn to adapt very fast (dangerous situations, awkward ones, sensitive subjects in chat)
*Dont be afraid to contact support
*Know how to get paid (more important if you are foreign, there are lot of ways and some works better to some countries than others)

She is a very creative, talented person with much graphic-design and website-design experience (me, too). I have done indie films and videography for 15 years. She's been through hell in life... she knows how to handle a tough situation if it comes up. We are trying to contact support, and we have not gotten any response. This is what the original post was about.

If she can't even contact support or see what's going on with her account, i dont see the motivation to try this. Getting someone (even a studio that makes all the the things) holding your hand won't help much when you are alone and have to deal with those issues by yourself.

This forum helped me a lot to get better in LOTS of this items, so you dont have to have it all at once, you can improve then, but at first you have to know what you are doing and what to do to get there. Tell her she needs to make this about her, not you and her. You can help her with all this stuff, there is no harm in being partners in this business, but you BOTH have to learn "How To" things, not only you!

Without a doubt, I agree!

My advice about this topic:
Sit with her and write an email like its her explaining the problem, go to this page and try to log in with the password and login you made http://profiles.myfreecams.com/

This is a Model page, if you made an account as a model this is the page you get, with all the check boxes with a Check and Broadcast Webcam Available

This is a member page, it is pretty empty, so you didnt create an account as model, to become a model on MFC you need to make an account in this link:
http://www.myfreecams.com/models/info.php?cam=30229
[/quote]

Can't be done. I can log in just fine as a Premium Member (I've been one for a few months, just chatting with models here and there and checking things out, often together with my girl). She cannot log in as a model, or a member. That was (and still is) our initial problem. She used to be able to access that page (the Model page in your screenshot). She cannot anymore, and doesn't know why... again, as I initially described. Thank you for the information, though. Hopefully she'll be able to get logged into that model page to get everything done that she needs to.

Fay_Galore said:
well, this all escalated a bit, didn't it.
I'm sorry you feel unwelcome, I know you had best interests at heart. But do send your girl over here, we will definitely not bite her. There's a lot to gain here for her.

You've been awesome, Fay. Everyone else has, too. I thank you all from the bottom of my heart, truly. I will send her over as soon as she feels a bit more confident with this whole thing. Due to the escalation of stuff (she has read this thread), she's a bit hesitant to join and talk to you all.

Tilly said:
Ohp. You busted out the big font size! You must really mean your condescending messages towards me for giving you some solid advice on how to go about getting this shit straightened out for you... and oh, your girlfriend, who this information actually pertains to!
I can bust out the big guns too, you know. :cool:

I'M NOT YOUR DEAR.
AND IF I COULD SAY IT IN A LARGER FONT SIZE,
I MOST DEFINITELY WOULD.

I think the appropriate response to me and everyone here giving you all this advice would probably be "THANK YOU".

I don't believe I haven't said thank you to everyone collectively, numerous times. I apologize for coming across as condescending. Not my intention at all. I happen to find the term "dear" very endearing, as does my girlfriend. If you do not, then I sincerely apologize and take anything back that may have offended you.

AmberCutie said:
Thank you for taking the time to post that Gween!
Also, if there really is a ban or some such, I doubt that logging in (well, attempting to log in) from multiple IPs is helping anything.
Anyway I think today is a bad day to press the issue as they (MFC) has been having issues since last night and completely legit models are even having trouble logging in.
side note: The condescending verbiage in your replies instead of acknowledgement of advice is really odd.

Today may very well be a bad day to try and log in. Tech difficulties, you name it. I don't know. Hence, why I initially posted, asking for help. I have acknowledged all of the advice here, and have said thank you numerous times. Please re-read all of my responses to clarify.

PunkInDrublic said:
You say you felt attacked but I don't really see it. If you want to help, maybe spend more time working or get a better paying job so your girlfriend doesn't have to get naked on the internet for strange dudes like me. Now I see it. If it makes you feel better guy, lots of boyfriends and husbands are involved. The advice given here isn't always the best. Do whatever you and her feel like doing. People here like to gang up on anyone new and try to push what they believe is the right way but as I'm sure you've noticed, they don't always know the situation so the advice isn't always good. Plenty of top models do just fine without the need for this forum so do whatever you feel like.

First, nice NOFX reference in your name, PID. Secondly, yes... seems like people do feel the need to gang up on the newbies. No problem. I know that's the way, in a lot of internet-related things. And yes, good and bad advice will probably be the norm. No problem. I couldn't think of another location that would be as helpful, with our questions. Third, I make $60k a year as a professional/working musician and computer/tech guy, and she makes $50k a year in her regular job, so money isn't really a problem considering we live in an affordable area, and in a very cheap place, and we are not extravagant people. It's more of something she wanted to get into, for supplemental income, and for the thrill of it (on both our sides). We also are porn lovers, so... it's just something we thought would be pretty fun to try... and there's been little persuasion from me. Mainly her interest. And I fully support her.

TittySprinkles said:

I'm doing leg work for her because I have more free time than she does, at the present time. It's very unlikely I won't be in the picture anymore, because we love each other deeply and we have a lot of life experience, so we know what we want, out of life, and from each other. I feel odd defending myself, but I had to mention that we are both very secure in our feelings for each other. If we weren't, we wouldn't even consider her being into camming.

I would never, ever do that to her. Ever. And if she trusts me enough with all her info (and we have shared a great deal with each other), again, it's highly, highly unlikely that I'll be out of the picture. I love that girl with all my heart and she, me. And, she could always change her password, or apply for a new SSN, if that situation arose (which it will not).

PlayboyMegan said:
PunkInDrublic said:

There are pluses to both sides. I praise women independent enough to do this or anything where they're the breadwinner, and likewise, if the man they're with brings home most of the income and they just do whatever in life they enjoy, I've no issue with that, either.

KayleePond said:
I think that part of what is frustrating is that people here clearly WANT to help you, but it seems like maybe you aren't quite hearing or acknowledging what people are saying?

You posted TWICE saying that it was "loud and clear" that men should never be involved in any way ever, EVER! But you totally fabricated that! You added all of this strong, hyperbolic language with definitive statements, but that's not actually what people were saying. Models have their significant others help them out ALL the time, we often sing their praises and are glad to have their help. Amber has some awesome tech stuff made by Jawbs that we can all appreciate as being an awesome and wonderful way that he helps her and her business as a camgirl. MrPond does all kinds of stuff on the sidelines for me and I am so grateful to have him lend me a hand when I need it. Many of us have S/Os play camera man or video editor, and let me tell you it is straight up amazing to have that help sometimes. When you are with someone they are your partner, and depending on your relationship and personalities, you want to help each other out when you can. BUT I think that most of us do agree that when it comes to certain things in camming our S/O (no matter how awesome they are) stays out. There's a difference between helping and being supportive and actually DOING the job for someone. There are plenty of things that she just needs to do on her own and you'll kind of need to stay out of the way. Though, as Punk said, you guys can totally do things the way you want, it's up to you.

We get a lot of people who make their first post a plea for help and it can be frustrating for us as these folks generally just want to take from the community and not give to it.

I (and she) would do our damndest to bring back, as that is part of our very nature.

They want to swoop in and use our expertise and then bail. Often they don't even listen, push away our advice, or are straight up jerks.

I don't think I've been a jerk at all. Just trying to figure out the "authentication" issue, and if anyone had this problem either presently, or in the past, that's all.

There are TONS of guys who come in asking for advice for their "friend" or girlfriend and it can be a bit frustrating for us because I think we know that it would be WAY better for the model to come and join the community instead.

No doubt. As I said, she's a bit busy presently, and I am not. So what better way, than to offer to help?

A lot of these topics are broached already in Models Only and it's a pain in the ass to have to repeat ourselves over and over when the answers already exist.

I wouldn't know, as I cannot access that forum. Once she signs up, she will be able to, and that is awesome!

If you had looked around, you would have seen that we tend to be pretty wary of dudes coming in asking for help on behalf of someone else. As a matter of fact, as you can probably tell, this community generally HATES that. I know that I felt totally creeped out when I read about you trying to log in to her account without her even so much as standing there with you.

Fair enough. However, you do not know of the trust between her and I.... so, to us, this (me offering to help) is not a big deal.

I don't know what it is about that, but I got a chill up my spine.

I'm sorry you felt that way.

I feel like that is one of the boundaries that shouldn't be crossed and has probably messed things up from MFC's POV, too. Trying to log in simultaneously from different IP's is a huge red flag, I feel like if she had dealt with this without your help, she'd probably be broadcasting by now (assuming there isn't something else wrong on her account).

Anyway, this is a lovely community especially if you approach us nicely.

I absolutely did. Please re-read the first post in this thread.

Please just be open to the help and advice people are trying to give you and for the love of god please don't be condescending to us by calling us things like "Dear". That is a surefire way to garner dislike from the community. I know that it can be intimidating walking into an unfamiliar community of professionals asking for advice, but using language that comes off like a pat on the head is very rude and totally unnecessary.

As mentioned above, I find the term endearing, as does she. If you all don't, then I take it back, sincerely.

You guys can choose what you want to do. This has perhaps soured you on the forum but I assure you that this is an amazing resource for camgirls in the way of help and info as well as friendship and community.

My thoughts exactly.... amazing resource in the way of help and info and friendship and community. Some girls here have come across as condescending, going by what they wrote in response to me. However, my opinion has not been soured. If she can eventually log in and start editing her profile, we'd be sailing. But....

You just have to get to know how things work first and be respectful when asking for help.

from my original post:

Hi, my beautiful and awesome girlfriend has decided to start camming, and she has created a model account at MFC. However, she is unable to log in (problem "authenticating" account), and MFC has not responded to her several inquiries via their contact form... we're pretty annoyed as she is VERY eager to get started!

Have any of you had this issue, and if so, do you know how to resolve it?

She has tried several browsers on Mac (Safari, Firefox, and Chrome)... I have also tried to log in with her model login page on my Windows laptop, and no luck.

Very frustrated, both of us... especially since she is basically ready to go!

Also, I would love it if any of you beautiful, awesome women would be willing to help her get started with great advice for a newbie.... about my girl-- she is naturally busty, a redhead, and extremely cool/friendly/down to earth... and she is so sexy... I'm so glad she's my girl. :)

Thank you so much!!

I do agree with those saying that camming requires a lot of work and independence and working issues like this out is all stuff that she should be able to do for herself. You've probably heard that plenty by now, though. I hope everything works out and your girlfriend is able to broadcast soon, this is an amazing job for those who are suited to it.

Thank you.... she will certainly give it a hero's try.

Ann_Sulu said:
@punk I know not everyone's keen on doing sexy stuff in front of strangers, but the slut shaming can stop now, thank you. Some of us enjoy this, and are terrified by the idea of one person supporting us, when at any moment something could happen causing us to lose everything.

I fully agree about the slut-shaming. I don't tolerate it, either (as a male).

Nah, I'm not even gonna touch on that. One thing though is camming is gonna be a really nasty wake up to harder than she/you planned when she goes through the process of learning all the ropes (because in reality she has to not you). She'll have to learn what lighting works when while she's on cam, what topics work, what sells what doesn't. She'll have to learn LOTS of coding. She will have to learn how to make her photos and videos cater to the audience of members she attracts (not simply what you think works for every guy), and how will she know?...why by chatting with them, socializing, and becoming good friends with many of them. You can't do that for her, and if you type in pm for her (as I've seen boyfriend's and studios do before) members will know, and she will lose income drastically.

Great advice, thank you. Re: the photos, I'm sure she will not have a problem. I'm a hell of a photographer, not to mention her (who is even better than me). We know about the lighting and angles thing. :)

Almost everything said here reminds me of my ex husband and how he attempted to "help" when I started camming. Here's a hint on the end result...we're divorced.

Again, good advice. I'll be sure to stay out of her way in many aspects of this.

If she isn't willing to slowly learn in on her own in her own time while working another job till she's ready to cam, then she shouldn't start now. You both should have another job for at least the first 3 months of her starting, and preferably a couple thousand saved up, or you guys WILL likely go broke. I'm not judging her camming, but what I've seen from myself and others since May 2012 when I started on MFC. If she's wanting an easier job, camming isn't it. Even if it looks relaxed when the model's on cam, it's full of work off cam, and very stressful financially for quite a long while.

Our savings are quite padded and we have lots of great stuff (toys, good cameras, great lights, a dedicated room/set, etc). Again, as mentioned above, it'a a thrill thing... we both love porn/exhibitionism, etc... we're just pervs, and it would be nice and fun to have some supplemental income. All in all, great advice, here. We know it is tough work. But it's gotta be fun, too... or else why would you lovely ladies do it at all?

Mahalia said:
I am not going to get into the he said/she said BS! I personally think it's wonderful and not odd at all that a man would try to help his partner out in anyway he can.

On to the actual problem: I noticed that some people have already given pretty solid advice BUT

Log in issues: have you tried having her reset her password? When I first signed up, I didn't write down my chosen pass, and I didn't quite pay enough attention to what I had typed, and I am quite prone to the occasional mistype. So if you have recieved emails from MFC stating the account is now ready for setting up but you can't login, I would suggest trying a password reset! I would also double check that there are no errors in the username she chose, and the one being typed in.

Helping your girlfriend get started: I am in no way considered a popular model but I would be happy to offer her some basic advice of what I've learned a long the way. Once she gets her account setup have her shoot me a MFC mail (or a pm if she sees me online).

Good luck to her on her journey and I hope the issues are resolved a.s.a.p

We have tried everything, regarding login/password (resetting), etc. Everything. No luck. Problem with authentication. Thank you, though! She will definitely PM you.

So yeah.... hopefully my replies clear a few things up! :)

:h:
NMD

Status
Not open for further replies.