AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

LOGITECH C910/C920

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alana Cruise

Inactive Cam Model
Oct 13, 2011
MyFreeCams USA
profiles.myfreecams.com
Twitter Username
@AlanaCruisexxx
MFC Username
AlanaCruise
Chaturbate Username
AlanaCruise
I am posting here in case some members are tech geeks. Anyone have trouble with the logitech c910 or 920 freezing up when you move the cam? I have had it happen with the c910 i returned it got a c920 now it is doing it again a few months later. Makes me think it is me how I handle it, pack it or overuse?? Anyone have similar problem?

I have issues with this as well. I have a feeling it has to do with the cords getting older and the connection to the cam getting worse. Most webcams don't really get as much use or movement as ours do, so they just might not last as long. But, why not contact logitech about it, and see if they will send you a new one because of the issue.

I have had to replace my webcam a few times within the last year. I always assumed it was just because of the use and abuse that I put it through. Shower shows, constant adjusting, moving it around with oily hands, wires getting pulled on or tangled. I'm probably not the most careful person when it comes to webcams, either. :confusion-shrug:

Reactions: Alana Cruise
LacieLaPlante said:
I have issues with this as well. I have a feeling it has to do with the cords getting older and the connection to the cam getting worse. Most webcams don't really get as much use or movement as ours do, so they just might not last as long. But, why not contact logitech about it, and see if they will send you a new one because of the issue.

I think you are correct. Most people sit their cam down, and never touch it again.

I was kind of thinking that. I do public shows, so the cam has been to the park, the beach, my car, not to mention I may have dropped it a few times. So I guess 4months of that is not too bad. I am going to ask logitech anyway but a member bought me a logitech 9000 just to try. If that one fails then we will kno it is me using and abusing lol.

With the logitech 9000''s the usb cable tends to break wear out.

With items like mice and cams, the wire tends to be held in place with a rather pathetic rubber ring. I found that reinforcing the area where the wire runs into the device with some electrical tape helps. It minimises the amount of flex and so lessens the pressure on the ring and internal connections.

I also found that overtime, the lead(s) get twisted. So every so often I unplug the device and let the cord dangle so it can straighten itself out.

I would recommend the 9000 as a general cam (there was a time when every model's wishlist contained this cam :-D ). I just bought one for skyping and talking to friends and they have said that the quality is great. However, I don't move my cam around so NZHere's warning may be more a factor for models

LolasLiger said:
With items like mice and cams, the wire tends to be held in place with a rather pathetic rubber ring. I found that reinforcing the area where the wire runs into the device with some electrical tape helps. It minimises the amount of flex and so lessens the pressure on the ring and internal connections.

I also found that overtime, the lead(s) get twisted. So every so often I unplug the device and let the cord dangle so it can straighten itself out.

I would recommend the 9000 as a general cam (there was a time when every model's wishlist contained this cam :-D ). I just bought one for skyping and talking to friends and they have said that the quality is great. However, I don't move my cam around so NZHere's warning may be more a factor for models

The same happens with USB headsets. I need to buy my third Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000 soon. This one and the previous one have both had the same problem.... after a year or so, the headset gets a short right around where the volume control/mute/Windows Live Messenger controls are. Once that short happens, moving the wrong way makes the computer not realize the headset is plugged in and all sound moves from the headset to the speakers and the mic won't work. Then you have to fiddle with it and go into your settings to see if the computer will recognize it is there.

Remember, it doesn't help that pretty much every piece of electronics we use is cheaply built in China, no matter how much we pay for them.

OMFG OMFG OMFG. Yessssssssssss, I posted about this awhile back. EMAIL LOGITECH!! They sent me a new one. I bought mine the end of 2010, so it was still covered under warranty, && they sent me an "updated" C910. I can't recall offhand, but there is info on the site telling you how to write support. They will want the # off your tag.

SNATCH said:
OMFG OMFG OMFG. Yessssssssssss, I posted about this awhile back. EMAIL LOGITECH!! They sent me a new one. I bought mine the end of 2010, so it was still covered under warranty, && they sent me an "updated" C910. I can't recall offhand, but there is info on the site telling you how to write support. They will want the # off your tag.

Thank you. I did that for my last cam and that is how I got this one LOL. Worth another try though.

Reactions: SNATCH
Status
Not open for further replies.