AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Long Live the Queen ~ And Other Princess Maker Games!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

candymatic

Inactive Cam Model
Dec 25, 2013
southeast US
Twitter Username
@candy_matic
MFC Username
candymatic
Chaturbate Username
candy_matic
So I've been delving into recently released Steam game "Long Live the Queen." I've always loved the Princess Maker series and LLtQ is very similar to those games.

You take on the role of Elodie, a young princess who, in one year, will be crowned as the new queen of Novan. Your job is to make sure Elodie attends classes throughout the year, raising skill levels in different subjects (court manners, weapons, history, military, faith, magic, etc.) so that the young princess can make good choices survive until her coronation ceremony. Your skill levels determine your success or failure in random events between classes - some you'll just fail naturally because you haven't trained up your skills, which can be frustrating. Others will surprise you when you pass - and it feels really rewarding when you do pass skill checks because you're like, "fuck yea I was smart to train that up!" :p Elodie can also achieve special outfits by training specific skills. These different outfits give some skills boosts, which are pretty helpful.

Honestly, my favorite part of the game is failing. All of the deaths that can happen to Elodie are accompanied by cutesy chibi-esque art. So far I've been stabbed, poisoned, bludgeoned to death, and shot with an arrow! And there are so many more ways to die, it ain't even funny! Here's a list of the deaths you can suffer (possible spoilers!!!), along with the cute graphics that go with them: DEATHS.

As for game-play! It's simple and easy to pick up. The game literally just consists of clicking different prompt buttons - nothing too complicated there. It's the events in between classes that make things challenging! You're going to want to save a lot because, face it, you're going to fuck up and die. Unless you're using a walk-through, the game is really all about exploring what skills Elodie can use and finding out when specifically to train them up. Beyond that, enjoy the story and have fun with it!

Ok, so... yeah! Anyone play this game? Or any of the Princess Maker series (I played the heck out of those games when I was younger - had to find translated ROMs illegally haha)? Let's talk about being princesses.

xoxo

candy

OK I'm getting DEDICATED to this game. Thinking about making a walk-through to help other people get to coronation without getting stabbed or poisoned first. I haven't made it YET but I'm so damn close haha!

Anyone else tried it out yet? I'd love to hear other opinions!

xoxo

This sounds really fun and I'm excited to give it a try! Thank you for the recommendation!

Reactions: candymatic
I love this game so much! A Let's-Player I watch did a review on it and I instantly bought it. :geek:
I've died so many times in so many different ways. I'm curious if anyone beat the game yet? Don't spoil it for me, though!

Reactions: candymatic
SnowWhite said:
I love this game so much! A Let's-Player I watch did a review on it and I instantly bought it. :geek:
I've died so many times in so many different ways. I'm curious if anyone beat the game yet? Don't spoil it for me, though!

I have! I died a million times first though! I still want to try it a bunch of other ways, too.

hapa74 said:
Just got this last night! I haven't tried it yet, but I couldn't resist. It was 50% off on Steam :-D

Silly me bought it the day before it went on sale. *sigh*

It's fun. More fun than it seems like it should be, LOL.

Always_Tim said:
hapa74 said:
Just got this last night! I haven't tried it yet, but I couldn't resist. It was 50% off on Steam :-D

I TOLD you it was! So glad you guys are playing it too, we can compare deaths! You should totally tweet me your deaths and those cute "you died" pictures! I think F12 (this can be reassigned) in Steam will take a screencap for you to post to your feed there, too so that could be fun! :dance:

KayleePond said:
Always_Tim said:
hapa74 said:

I TOLD you it was! So glad you guys are playing it too, we can compare deaths! You should totally tweet me your deaths and those cute "you died" pictures! I think F12 (this can be reassigned) in Steam will take a screencap for you to post to your feed there, too so that could be fun! :dance:

Totes, bb ;)

Reactions: KayleePond
Status
Not open for further replies.