AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Looking for the name of this MFC model

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Miss_Lollipop said:
this is a first time brand new user to the site

Which is why i'm informing him that many models don't like that :p or it's just me! I don't mind screen caps being taken by friends/people who tip more for general amusement, or even posted on here (although I'd like them to ask permission first). I would be a bit weirded out if someone came to my room and took a load of screen caps without tipping, learning my name, looking at my profile, anything! Just for the sake of a pretty picture. I'm sure it happens all the time though

Reactions: Swirl
Isabella_deL said:
Miss_Lollipop said:
this is a first time brand new user to the site

Which is why i'm informing him that many models don't like that :p or it's just me! I don't mind screen caps being taken by friends/people who tip more for general amusement, or even posted on here (although I'd like them to ask permission first). I would be a bit weirded out if someone came to my room and took a load of screen caps without tipping, learning my name, looking at my profile, anything! Just for the sake of a pretty picture. I'm sure it happens all the time though

... I personally find the whole tone of this thread way too bitchy for my taste. I think people jumped down his throat, rather than explaining things nicely/kindly.

I apparently, am one of the only people that feel this way.. so I'll take my butt on out of this thread.

craychester said:
Greetings everyone and happy holidays,

9 days ago was like my first time on MFC.com and I came across this really cute girl on cam. I saved a few screencaps of her but I totally forgot her name.. :/
I've been looking for her ever since, but can't seem to find her.
Below are the links to the screencaps I have of her. If anyone here knows her nickname, could you please share it with me. You would do me a huge favor!

http://i.imgur.com/lRgYT.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/l2uNw.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/jSMin.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/csFi4.jpg

Anyway, thx for your time,

Goodbye :)

I find it interesting that within 9 days you know how to use this forum well, take screen caps on mfc, turn them into jpgs, upload them on a site and post the links on here, and was not able to write down or remember the model's nickname. Even if this was your first time on mfc, it appears to me that you know your way around any site extremely well. It took me months to find this forum and that was only because a model told me about it.

PlayboyMegan said:
Can someone please make an "Identify This Model" thread, that everyone with this question can post in? :pray:
I wonder what you would have done a year ago if I had a posted a picture of you from PB wiki asking forum members if they had seen this girl on MFC? At least I would have had your name, but not your MFC name.

MegansDude said:
craychester said:
Greetings everyone and happy holidays,

9 days ago was like my first time on MFC.com and I came across this really cute girl on cam. I saved a few screencaps of her but I totally forgot her name.. :/
I've been looking for her ever since, but can't seem to find her.
Below are the links to the screencaps I have of her. If anyone here knows her nickname, could you please share it with me. You would do me a huge favor!

http://i.imgur.com/lRgYT.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/l2uNw.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/jSMin.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/csFi4.jpg

Anyway, thx for your time,

Goodbye :)

I find it interesting that within 9 days you know how to use this forum well, take screen caps on mfc, turn them into jpgs, upload them on a site and post the links on here, and was not able to write down or remember the model's nickname. Even if this was your first time on mfc, it appears to me that you know your way around any site extremely well. It took me months to find this forum and that was only because a model told me about it.

I hadn't thought of that. Then again, I don't even know how to post links on here and my computer won't do screencaps anymore for some reason. Not everyone is as computer retarded as I am.
Can we do a murder mystery night? I love it when threads turn into some form of detective thing. Like that thread with that travalli guy, or whatever his name was. All the secrets came out in the end, and then Amber banned the bad guy and the whole of acf lived happily ever after.... until the next troll/debate/argument... You just can't make this stuff up, that thread was like a novel!

Reactions: DudeExtreme
Ripping on the guy over screen caps seems a bit unfair to me.

There are two threads dedicated to random screen caps of models rooms on this very forum.

The vast majority of the screen grabs, I'm willing to wager, were taken without tipping or permission.

I agree though, it would be great if there was one thread for these type of posts :)

Taking a screen grab without asking first is a pretty mild mistake. I think it has more to do with manners really. Recording the video feed (which is never OK unless you've asked!) is not the same as taking a few screen caps, though you should still ask for permission you didn't deserve getting jumped on and called a thief. Politely suggesting he ask permission before doing so next time wouldn't have killed anyone.
You don't always have to spank a child for them to learn something... (btw totes not calling you a child, just an analogy.)

I don't recognized her, sorry but I hope you find her! Like others said keep an eye around the same time of day, that's your best shot!

Well, as I said 2 pages ago I think there's an amount of frustration built up against the really frequent first-post threads - basically just acting like it's some camgirl tech-support forum for guys trying to find out which girl is in some video or whether or not she really does love them, and of course it's no use using the search function for that because every camgirl relationship is a unique snowflake.

The screencaps issue isn't about the occasional taking of screencaps, nor is it hypocritical for most of us who do it for this forum to point out that if you go to the trouble of screencapping a girl multiple times you shouldn't have any trouble making a note of her name somewhere there or remembering it in the first place. The first has nothing to do with the second it's just an added 'wtf' and irritation to the first-post-"I NEED HELP WITH UNIQUE SITU...SICHUA...PROBLEM PLZ. UNIQUE." threads.

MegansDude said:

This forum is standard phpbb forum software which has been around for over a decade in various versioning. I know my way around the admin panel - doesn't mean I'm an admin here, or that I've hacked a site. Some folks have been, and continue to, post on various forums around the internet for the past... 15 years?

The code used is standard across nearly all types of board. Being able to register, make a post, include image links (badly, could have hotlinked much simpler).

Likewise I knew how to take screencaps approximately 10 years ago too. It was, and is, widely known and utterly simple knowledge. Then being able to post that into paint, the generic free basic image manipulation tool that comes with windows in order to crop the image to just the important part, is likewise basic, normal knowledge to many many internet users. Gamers, especially, are very used to doing this.

Being able to then find an image hosting site is, again, something most people have been capable of doing for 8+ years as well, possibly longer. Hence why there are dozens and dozens of them all over the net.

The fact that it took you months to find the forum has zero implication upon how else to find the forum. I've got a link from my site, for instance, which points people to here if they wish to discuss stuff. My site often turns up high in Google results for a models name. Furthermore, how to post, post images, where to host etc are all things linked from ambers very own stickied postings in the bloody forum!. So being able to post a thread doesn't imply jack shit about "how well they knew their way around the site". When I wanted to make a screencap on MFC, I just did it. No searching for a detailed tutorial upon what to do necessary - most people know exactly how to do it.

So once again it feels like a witch hunt for the simple reason that "OMG tehy did sumtin i dunt like cos i no not who dey r!".
Meanwhile, as others point out, "established" members are posting screencaps over the forum left, right and centre without the accusations.

It's retarded and yes, it does feel like new people are instantly treated with suspicion and dislike until they make a post which appeals to models and gets 10+ likes. Then they're suddenly "trusted". This guy asked for a name.

I did precisely the same over Crazysysy (Goldenlady/Mary) nearly 3 years ago (but that's because I saw her in a video, not on MFC :p ). We really need to take a look at ourselves when posting, and cut people some slack. As I've said, a lot of posts which instantly start attacking new people feel like "thanks" chasers than anything else.

Zoomer said:
So once again people go off half cocked with half baked accusations which are founded on, frankly, ridiculous witch hunts of hypocrisy. Its retarded.

Would have thanked except for this last bit. I'm hardly being hypocritical, I've never taken screencaps of a model and I never intend to, nor have I ever forgotten a model's name who I watched/liked. I also don't take part in and have only ever glanced at the threads that have screen caps in them/are based on screen caps (which as far as I've seen many were the model posting herself).
The screencaps on here are usually promoting the model, a sexy/funny pic and telling everyone who she is/how to find her, all the members from here who've come and hung out in my room have all been pretty fucking cool so it's not a negative place to be advertised, I have trust that the members had informed said model that they had taken these shots. This isn't the case here. If it were a case that he'd taken the pictures to find out her name it would have been different, but he didn't, he went in, took the screencaps, enjoyed, then left completely forgetting who he'd watched but kept the screencaps to enjoy later. I don't see it as that much different to recording videos. I sell both pictures and videos.
I wasn't even trying to have a go at him, was just stating that this is how I feel, not all models feel the same, which is why you should always ask before you take screencaps, this goes for every member, not just the member who posted here. Seeing as the thread's only purpose is "help me find this model" might as well bring something else into it. What I said may have sounded harsh in writing, but it wasn't meant to be bitchy/attacking the OP, just information. I feel that he should be told this first off, as if you're coming to mfc first time and taking screen caps already, it's only one step away from taking a recording (if these screencaps weren't taken from a recording itself). Maybe if he's told about it/after reading this, he will rethink.

Once again I'm sorry that many among you are upset with the fact that I took screencaps of this model. I'm fairly new to MFC and this whole community, so I wasn't really aware what the proper rules and etiquette here are.

And I do admit that it was pretty damn stupid of me not to write down her name or add it in the filename. :woops:

MegansDude said:
As to this: It never crossed my mind that being able to do any of this was regarded as difficult? No offence to those who do have a hard time with this. I guess I just grew up with the internet and all of this stuff.

I've had no luck in finding the girl yet. I'm going to follow you people's advice and check back around the same date and time I first encountered her.
I've also came across this link in google, something I didn't know existed:

http://www.myfreecams.com/mfc2/php/offl ... p=default&

It apparently shows all offline models on MFC? But I have no clue how accurate and updated this list is.
I went through it, but had once again no luck in finding her /:

Anyway thx again and I wish everyone of you a Happy Newyear in advance :)

I make repeated edits to posts I make :p So the bit you quoted isn't actually there any more as I thought it may prove a bit provocative.

As for "thanks" buttons, they're one of the worst features I find on forums. The idea was obviously to promote good (useful) posts being made - a "thank you for replying to the question" / "thank you for providing a helpful post", but it is rarely used as such.

As for the offline model list, it only shows models who were recently online in the past 3 days and tends to only show the top ~3500 camscore ones.

There may have been as many as 10,000 models online in the last 3 days.

p.s. I quoted MegansDude... not you :p

craychester said:
Once again I'm sorry that many among you are upset with the fact that I took screencaps of this model. I'm fairly new to MFC and this whole community, so I wasn't really aware what the proper rules and etiquette here are.

And I do admit that it was pretty damn stupid of me not to write down her name or add it in the filename. :woops:

MegansDude said:
As to this: It never crossed my mind that being able to do any of this was regarded as difficult? No offence to those who do have a hard time with this. I guess I just grew up with the internet and all of this stuff.

I've had no luck in finding the girl yet. I'm going to follow you people's advice and check back around the same date and time I first encountered her.
I've also came across this link in google, something I didn't know existed:

http://www.myfreecams.com/mfc2/php/offl ... p=default&

It apparently shows all offline models on MFC? But I have no clue how accurate and updated this list is.
I went through it, but had once again no luck in finding her /:

Anyway thx again and I wish everyone of you a Happy Newyear in advance :)
That list is nowhere near complete for all offline models, it might be offline models who have been online in the last two days over a certain camscore or something like that.

Zoomer said:
MegansDude said:

This forum is standard phpbb forum software which has been around for over a decade in various versioning. I know my way around the admin panel - doesn't mean I'm an admin here, or that I've hacked a site. Some folks have been, and continue to, post on various forums around the internet for the past... 15 years?

The code used is standard across nearly all types of board. Being able to register, make a post, include image links (badly, could have hotlinked much simpler).

Likewise I knew how to take screencaps approximately 10 years ago too. It was, and is, widely known and utterly simple knowledge. Then being able to post that into paint, the generic free basic image manipulation tool that comes with windows in order to crop the image to just the important part, is likewise basic, normal knowledge to many many internet users. Gamers, especially, are very used to doing this.

Being able to then find an image hosting site is, again, something most people have been capable of doing for 8+ years as well, possibly longer. Hence why there are dozens and dozens of them all over the net.

The fact that it took you months to find the forum has zero implication upon how else to find the forum. I've got a link from my site, for instance, which points people to here if they wish to discuss stuff. My site often turns up high in Google results for a models name. Furthermore, how to post, post images, where to host etc are all things linked from ambers very own stickied postings in the bloody forum!. So being able to post a thread doesn't imply jack shit about "how well they knew their way around the site". When I wanted to make a screencap on MFC, I just did it. No searching for a detailed tutorial upon what to do necessary - most people know exactly how to do it.

So once again it feels like a witch hunt for the simple reason that "OMG tehy did sumtin i dunt like cos i no not who dey r!".
Meanwhile, as others point out, "established" members are posting screencaps over the forum left, right and centre without the accusations.

It's retarded and yes, it does feel like new people are instantly treated with suspicion and dislike until they make a post which appeals to models and gets 10+ likes. Then they're suddenly "trusted". This guy asked for a name.

I did precisely the same over Crazysysy (Goldenlady/Mary) nearly 3 years ago (but that's because I saw her in a video, not on MFC :p ). We really need to take a look at ourselves when posting, and cut people some slack. As I've said, a lot of posts which instantly start attacking new people feel like "thanks" chasers than anything else.

I don't see what I wrote as a "witch hunt", I was just expressing my views and thought it was odd that's all. What to you is basic knowledge, to most people I know, it's expert level knowledge which normally takes a textbook to figure out. For me, it's just a matter of finding my way around. I guess I'm just in disagreement with you which is okay too. Thanks for your post which gave me a different perspective.

MegansDude said:
I was just expressing my views and thought it was odd that's all. What to you is basic knowledge, to most people I know, it's expert level knowledge which normally takes a textbook to figure out. For me, it's just a matter of finding my way around. I guess I'm just in disagreement with you which is okay too. Thanks for your post which gave me a different perspective.

Different views are what a forum is all about.. What gets me is the scolding bs that is so common now from a few that somehow seem to feel .. idk.. a bit "more equal" or even feel some sense of 'ownership' [for lack of a better word] than the noobs or those that seldom post. As far as I'm aware, there's only 2 folks here that are actually entitled to that,.... Our Queen and her husband.

As for the "to most people I know, basic knowledge Vs. textbook" stuff .... locally at least, community colleges have "How To" day long courses for those that need to learn the "basics" of use for forums and other non 'textbook worthy' computer use and surfing related fun. Might do your friends some benefit to make a group party out of a Saturday to get up to speed with the rest of the kids. :thumbleft:

SoTxBob said:
MegansDude said:
I was just expressing my views and thought it was odd that's all. What to you is basic knowledge, to most people I know, it's expert level knowledge which normally takes a textbook to figure out. For me, it's just a matter of finding my way around. I guess I'm just in disagreement with you which is okay too. Thanks for your post which gave me a different perspective.

Different views are what a forum is all about.. What gets me is the scolding bs that is so common now from a few that somehow seem to feel .. idk.. a bit "more equal" or even feel some sense of 'ownership' [for lack of a better word] than the noobs or those that seldom post. As far as I'm aware, there's only 2 folks here that are actually entitled to that,.... Our Queen and her husband.

As for the "to most people I know, basic knowledge Vs. textbook" stuff .... locally at least, community colleges have "How To" day long courses for those that need to learn the "basics" of use for forums and other non 'textbook worthy' computer use and surfing related fun. Might do your friends some benefit to make a group party out of a Saturday to get up to speed with the rest of the kids. :thumbleft:
I didn't see what I wrote as scolding--it was well thought out I thought. I'm sorry to the op if this appeared to be otherwise. As far as the group party, I'm afraid they will just get more confused. :oops:

SoTxBob said:
MegansDude said:

Well again, what you see as scolding noobs I see as frustration at people who've never posted before starting new threads with the same few questions. After a while it gets to the point where you see a thread with a title like "A unique camgirl situation...help" by some unknown poster and you're like oh god, not this AGAIN...

Reactions: LadyLuna
Jupiter551 said:
Well again, what you see as scolding noobs I see as frustration at people who've never posted before starting new threads with the same few questions. After a while it gets to the point where you see a thread with a title like "A unique camgirl situation...help" by some unknown poster and you're like oh god, not this AGAIN...

"oh god, not this AGAIN.." :lol: Sure... but in that very light, wouldn't it be soooo much easier [for said frustrated person] to simply "click next" instead of expending the energy "scolding" someone ? .... I know, my bad.... I don't take into account the feelings of those that thrive on confrontation. :dontknow:

Maybe if they'd been scolded more as a child they wouldn't make asinine topics.

Nordling said:
The beauty of scolding scolders is, you can create the image of being above it all, while still indulging in scolding. :lol:
wow...the perfect crime, like forcing other countries to be free at the point of a gun!

Status
Not open for further replies.