AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

"Luck" and its role in being a successful cam girl

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In terms of job success, I think of luck in terms of exploiting opportunity when it arises/ if it arises. Opportunity can be found in such places as being available when it arises, being open to help, learning all you can about your craft, and watching for it; In short being ready and open to it.
Lines like 'if you are not in the game, you can't win' are a bit cruel when you can't find opportunity/ luck. Sometimes the other players are just way too good/ talented to get your shot, they capture most opportunity because they have learnt to. Real luck is finding a way to capture an opportunity they can't, that is what makes success so hard.

When I think of camming I consider it to take three things to be successful (not necessarily using the term successful in just top models, but whatever is success to each individual) in my head. Hardwork. Timing. Luck.

Hardwork is obvious. Most girls have to put in real effort to get wherever they are. I think everyone agrees that this is a giant part of it.

Timing. This I think mixes in a little bit of luck as well as work. You have to have an idea of when will work for you but sometimes luck is definitely involved.

And of course luck. I think luck makes up a good % of our job. Or anything really for that matter. Even if you are working for 10 hours a day, you have to get lucky for that big tipping member to step in your room and want to throw tokens at you. You have to get lucky to get a group of guys who work well with each other and you.

I believe that you do in a way create this luck. If you work hard, your luck is probably going to be better. If you're working for 60 hours a week, you're more likely to lucky with that big tipping member. I hope that makes sense. :haha:

I think Jolene is spot on. Saying luck is a part of it doesn't mean that people think hardwork isn't important or vice versa. I think it all goes in hand and hand!

But they don't differentiate between complaining and pointing out that (more hours = more money) is not the fool-proof formula being touted.

What I think people often forget is that without having a good room going camming for 40/hours a week is AWFUL. I could definitely work the hours if I knew that there'd be tokens and tippers 50-75% of the time (which you often have when you have a camscore over 7k) but to try to entertain a room of basics or nobody at all for 40 hours a week hoping that it'll pay off in the long run? That's harder than any minimum wage job I've ever worked. You try having a conversation with yourself and being entertaining for 40 hours a week. I think those are high expectations for the struggling camgirls. (And when I say struggling, I'm not talking about me. I'm talking about the girls with a 700 camscore who truly are struggling and take this "well-meaning" advice of "just work more hours" to heart.)

I don't follow their tweets that closely so I'll assume you are right. I just remember reading a couple that basically said what I did.

Lots of jobs are awful, many of them pay less than 700 camscore. I am also not saying work 40 hours/week. 25/hour seems to be the upper limit for what most camgirls can do on a sustained basis. The Kickass and Pumpkinspice are the exceptions. 15 hours/week is roughly what mycamgirl is classifying as full time. In terms of total hours spent working it is probably a bit less than a typical job especially if you have a long commute and 25 hours is probably a bit more than a typical job.

But really what are the alternatives on MFC if you want to make money? You can work longer or you can worker smarter. I am pretty sure there is no magic formula for what working smarter on MFC means, I know I don't know. So try working harder, if that doesn't bring you. more money. Then as Jicky suggested re-evaluate if MFC is the right place for you. I know she's has posted in the past her frustrations trying to fight the camscore tyranny on MFC before switching to Streammate and being much happier.

So yes an American model putting in 25+/hours on MFC with camscore of 700, maybe able to dig herself out of a hole like Jolene, but most won't. But not many camgirls with 700 camscore are actually working 25 hours a week.

There is a 3rd alternative as my favorite Hawaiian T Shirts says "two ways to be rich earn more or desire less"

A bit tangential but sometimes I wonder if a wizard came along and cast a magic spell on MFC, totally erasing MFC history and starting every camgirl at a 1,000 camscore with no pre-existing regulars and brand recognition, who would rise to the top? Like if they could do a show like The Voice but with camgirls :haha:

I suspect many would be the same but it is interesting to think of the "luck" (not the best word for it! timing? smartness?) that factors in for models who started before there was a gazillion girls on the site, who were able to build up recognition and fans before it was practically necessary to offer Snapchat, Kik, a new video every day, raffles, fire-breathing, etc. Yeah, there are always new girls and members who flock to them, but clearly a lot of members still love a lot of "veteran" models, and if they can stay at the top of the page, they're getting new visitors and tippers pretty consistently (I'd guess).

But yeah, if there was some hard reset, I wonder what would happen. Because technically yes we do all start with a 1000 camscore but I think it'd be different if we all started at the same time? Obviously just a silly pondering.

What I think people often forget is that without having a good room going camming for 40/hours a week is AWFUL. I could definitely work the hours if I knew that there'd be tokens and tippers 50-75% of the time (which you often have when you have a camscore over 7k) but to try to entertain a room of basics or nobody at all for 40 hours a week hoping that it'll pay off in the long run?
That's another thing that's a hard pill to swallow. When you hear "just stay on more hours" from a girl who has a camscore that's double yours (or triple/quadrouple in many cases). Of course it's fun to stay on more hours when the average you pull in each hour is so high! :)

I made a reply in a thread a while back about it - I admire you mfc girls! - (scroll through the rest of that thread for more relevant input on this similar topic, I couldn't find it originally when I began this thread or I would have included quotes from it)
The more rewarded a girl feels, the more likely she is to want to spend long hours on cam and keep things fun and exciting. It's a lot easier to sit on cam for 8 hours per day if the girl is making $250 each of those hours. Success begets success.

And to the opposite effect of it, earning less than models would like/are used to per hour makes models sad or frustrated, sad or frustrated models may present themselves differently on cam and thus make even less (snowball effect), and end up not wanting to put as many hours in.

It's a struggle once you get on the bad end of that. It takes a very dedicated and strong-willed girl to break out of that snowball rolling down the hill.
Does anyone else think it looks tacky as heck when girls put out there that they work sooo many hours or that camming is soooo hard? Even if it is for you, and even if you do put in the hours, it's really the kind of job where you're not supposed to let that part show.
Very true. Sometimes the human in each of us shows through too much and we walk a hard tightrope on that borderline.
Real luck is finding a way to capture an opportunity they can't, that is what makes success so hard.
Oh my god I thanked a post by Ambers Troll. Watch the skies for flying pigs, y'all.
When I think of camming I consider it to take three things to be successful (not necessarily using the term successful in just top models, but whatever is success to each individual) in my head. Hardwork. Timing. Luck.

Hardwork is obvious. Most girls have to put in real effort to get wherever they are. I think everyone agrees that this is a giant part of it.

Timing. This I think mixes in a little bit of luck as well as work. You have to have an idea of when will work for you but sometimes luck is definitely involved.

And of course luck. I think luck makes up a good % of our job. Or anything really for that matter. Even if you are working for 10 hours a day, you have to get lucky for that big tipping member to step in your room and want to throw tokens at you. You have to get lucky to get a group of guys who work well with each other and you.

I believe that you do in a way create this luck. If you work hard, your luck is probably going to be better. If you're working for 60 hours a week, you're more likely to lucky with that big tipping member. I hope that makes sense. :haha:

I think Jolene is spot on. Saying luck is a part of it doesn't mean that people think hardwork isn't important or vice versa. I think it all goes in hand and hand!
Yeah I think luck and timing are hand in hand, and timing would be a BIG part of that luck factor we are talking about.

I do agree: you have to be online to get lucky, but not everyone who spends that time online will find the same luck.

A bit tangential but sometimes I wonder if a wizard came along and cast a magic spell on MFC, totally erasing MFC history and starting every camgirl at a 1,000 camscore with no pre-existing regulars and brand recognition, who would rise to the top? Like if they could do a show like The Voice but with camgirls :haha:...
There is a reset button, it's called boredom. Loyal premiums have expectations. Any cam girl who can manage to stay entertaining day after day, who can maintain relationships day after day, has to be doing a lot right, when it's so easy for members to see some new girl with perky tits and wonder "what if" and think the grass is greener in some other chat room.

There is a reset button, it's called boredom. Loyal premiums have expectations. Any cam girl who can manage to stay entertaining day after day, who can maintain relationships day after day, has to be doing a lot right, when it's so easy for members to see some new girl with perky tits and wonder "what if" and think the grass is greener in some other chat room.

That's not what I'm saying, though. If a girl is in the top row, sure she may lose a premium, but the site is also designed to drive new/more members to her room. So while people may get bored and leave, there's no reset of any kind. She doesn't start over because you left her room. You mentioned loyalty and I think a big part of top girls rooms includes the sense of community and belonging that comes from it, so if a guy feels like he belongs in Model A's room, he might be more inclined to stay there even if Model B is just as hot/entertaining/etc.

My point was to say - if we wiped away all of the history, would the top girls still be the same? There are lots of hot girls with perky tits on the site who are also being entertaining and doing a lot right, but some are at the top and a lot are at the bottom. Again it's just a fun thing to muse about, obviously, but yeah - I was taking about starting everyone from scratch at the same time.

Premiums coming (teehee) and going is just a natural part of camsite life. But I do think that there's an aspect of recognition and perceived value that comes along with consistently being a top girl, so even if some premiums leave, they get enough traffic & clout to retain their status long enough for more guys to come. (Obviously - that's not to say they aren't being entertaining or maintaining relationships! Just that I wonder how things would be if that perceived value was taken away. But it's irrelevant because it won't be, and I'm not trying to say it's not earned. :angelic: I just like to ponder!)

A bit tangential but sometimes I wonder if a wizard came along and cast a magic spell on MFC, totally erasing MFC history and starting every camgirl at a 1,000 camscore with no pre-existing regulars and brand recognition, who would rise to the top? Like if they could do a show like The Voice but with camgirls :haha:

I suspect many would be the same but it is interesting to think of the "luck" (not the best word for it! timing? smartness?) that factors in for models who started before there was a gazillion girls on the site, who were able to build up recognition and fans before it was practically necessary to offer Snapchat, Kik, a new video every day, raffles, fire-breathing, etc. Yeah, there are always new girls and members who flock to them, but clearly a lot of members still love a lot of "veteran" models, and if they can stay at the top of the page, they're getting new visitors and tippers pretty consistently (I'd guess).

But yeah, if there was some hard reset, I wonder what would happen. Because technically yes we do all start with a 1000 camscore but I think it'd be different if we all started at the same time? Obviously just a silly pondering.

That's a fun thought experiment. My guess is it would make a pretty big difference. Not that Aspen would end up on page 4, or a page 4 girl would likely become Top 20 for years straight. But I could see plenty of 2K camscore models end up with 6K and vice versa.

Poker is another profession where luck plays a big role. A few years ago, a poker journalist reviewed the career of the top 25 player and determined that if you changed 10 river cards (The last card dealt) during their career especially during the World Series of Poker, most of the poker player you see on TV wouldn't be there anymore.

Camscore has a big effect Halo effect. Certainly when I first started, if I saw room with 1,000 people and model with 10K camscore, my expectation was this room would have an attractive and entertaining model. A model with 5 people and 300 camscore, my expectation were lower.

That's not what I'm saying, though. If a girl is in the top row, sure she may lose a premium, but the site is also designed to drive new/more members to her room. So while people may get bored and leave, there's no reset of any kind. She doesn't start over because you left her room. You mentioned loyalty and I think a big part of top girls rooms includes the sense of community and belonging that comes from it, so if a guy feels like he belongs in Model A's room, he might be more inclined to stay there even if Model B is just as hot/entertaining/etc.

My point was to say - if we wiped away all of the history, would the top girls still be the same? There are lots of hot girls with perky tits on the site who are also being entertaining and doing a lot right, but some are at the top and a lot are at the bottom. Again it's just a fun thing to muse about, obviously, but yeah - I was taking about starting everyone from scratch at the same time.

Premiums coming (teehee) and going is just a natural part of camsite life. But I do think that there's an aspect of recognition and perceived value that comes along with consistently being a top girl, so even if some premiums leave, they get enough traffic & clout to retain their status long enough for more guys to come. (Obviously - that's not to say they aren't being entertaining or maintaining relationships! Just that I wonder how things would be if that perceived value was taken away. But it's irrelevant because it won't be, and I'm not trying to say it's not earned. :angelic: I just like to ponder!)
The things you're saying don't compute for me. I've never been a "follower" type person. I really don't care about something like "perceived value". When I was new to MFC I systematically explored a lot of rooms just to see what was out there, and a high cam score meant very little to me. Now with experience I've learned that girls who have low cam scores are often doing a lot of things wrong, and vice versa, but as to where I choose to spend my time, that still comes down to my own individual needs and desires and things like recognition / perceived value / belonging and sense of community have very little to do with that. To make this a little clearer perhaps, my original premium account had several thousand reward points on it, I was on good terms with several top models and room helpers, was known and respected by a lot of premium members, and I deleted that account and created a completely new one. Now I barely have 1,000 reward points, most MFC models/RHs/premiums have absolutely no idea who I am. And that's fine with me. And cam score still has nothing to do with where I choose to spend my time and my tokens. I've made no attempt though, to survey premiums and whales to find out how important things like belonging and sense of community and recognition and perceived value are to them. I'm sure it matters to some. Perhaps someone would like to create a survey on this?

• Helpful!
Reactions: Gen
It's definitely individual for everyone, but if you hang out in many popular/long-term models rooms, you'll see their regulars joking around, putting the models name into their username (eg. if I was a regular of Olivia's, I'd do Gen4Naked). That creates a sense of belonging and a loyalty that I'd argue goes beyond just "she is hot and fun" when there are loads of equally hot and fun girls all over MFC. Heck, even the term "my regular" has a sense of belonging to it.

By perceived value, I mean that a hot girl who is consistently in the top 100 can ask for 2000tks for shirt off (making up numbers here btw), whereas an equally hot girl with a super low camscore would never, ever get close to that. People will go into low camscore models rooms and say "you're asking way too much", while popular models can ask comparatively high amounts for the same action and clear the countdown. That's where the perceived value comes into play.

As for a survey, I think it'd be interesting but ultimately I don't know that you could isolate things like "does camscore matter". I don't think most members say "damn, this girl is cute and funny but ugh her camscore is only 1900....I'll come back when she hits my 2000 threshold", but because of how MFC works, it's hard not to have camscore factor into your viewing. Just like perceived value, I doubt most people would say "Model A's tits are worth more to me than Model B's" but I do believe it plays a factor (and that's ignoring how many successful non-nude models bank of off that, too). @Aella has done a lot of surveys for members and models, not sure if she's done one on this but it's always interesting to read the results.

Personally when I perv I know what kinds of things I'm looking for so I like to think camscore doesn't play into it, but then again I'm usually looking for cute, bubbly girls with low camscores that I think deserve to be higher, so it does influence my perving, just in the opposite way, haha. Generally I avoid top rooms because my budget is itty bitty and I feel like my tips make a bigger difference to countdowns (and to models) in smaller rooms. I know there are other members like this so yeah it's definitely not like every member goes for the same things, but I do think stuff like longevity and recognition, etc play into success in a lot of ways, and I think that can result from luck just as much as hard work.

(I'm sorry I've gotten so off-topic! I just find it interesting to think about this stuff! :blush:)

I can't use custom thumbnails because my account has a strike against it for including a man bum in my last video, it wouldn't let me choose the still of the first image either.

ps. I spelled successful wrong which is upsetting

DAT ACCENT. I want you to read my bedtime stories! I'm disappointed that you didn't include my quotes only because I wanna hear you say GenXoxo :giggle: And I laughed out loud when you were talking about Amber's body (favourably, of course, for anyone who doesn't watch the video!). But yes, I liked that a lot, it was interesting and I agree with a lot of what you said. Also I never watch Youtube videos but I watched that one the whole way through. Accents!!! :inlove:

Reactions: SNATCH and MFCGod
when you were talking about Amber's body (favourably, of course, for anyone who doesn't watch the video!).
I'm pretty sure I blushed in front of my screen just now, haha. Thanks @MFCGod for that. :)

Nice little summary of thoughts there!

It's definitely individual for everyone, but if you hang out in many popular/long-term models rooms, you'll see their regulars joking around, putting the models name into their username (eg. if I was a regular of Olivia's, I'd do Gen4Naked). That creates a sense of belonging and a loyalty that I'd argue goes beyond just "she is hot and fun" when there are loads of equally hot and fun girls all over MFC. Heck, even the term "my regular" has a sense of belonging to it.

By perceived value, I mean that a hot girl who is consistently in the top 100 can ask for 2000tks for shirt off (making up numbers here btw), whereas an equally hot girl with a super low camscore would never, ever get close to that. People will go into low camscore models rooms and say "you're asking way too much", while popular models can ask comparatively high amounts for the same action and clear the countdown. That's where the perceived value comes into play.

As for a survey, I think it'd be interesting but ultimately I don't know that you could isolate things like "does camscore matter". I don't think most members say "damn, this girl is cute and funny but ugh her camscore is only 1900....I'll come back when she hits my 2000 threshold", but because of how MFC works, it's hard not to have camscore factor into your viewing. Just like perceived value, I doubt most people would say "Model A's tits are worth more to me than Model B's" but I do believe it plays a factor (and that's ignoring how many successful non-nude models bank of off that, too). @Aella has done a lot of surveys for members and models, not sure if she's done one on this but it's always interesting to read the results.

Personally when I perv I know what kinds of things I'm looking for so I like to think camscore doesn't play into it, but then again I'm usually looking for cute, bubbly girls with low camscores that I think deserve to be higher, so it does influence my perving, just in the opposite way, haha. Generally I avoid top rooms because my budget is itty bitty and I feel like my tips make a bigger difference to countdowns (and to models) in smaller rooms. I know there are other members like this so yeah it's definitely not like every member goes for the same things, but I do think stuff like longevity and recognition, etc play into success in a lot of ways, and I think that can result from luck just as much as hard work.

(I'm sorry I've gotten so off-topic! I just find it interesting to think about this stuff! :blush:)
Perceived value is just part of the equation, and there’s more to it than just the perception of the buyer. You first have to start with the self-perception of the cam girl. Who is she, in terms of looks and personality? What is she comfortable with in terms of shows and content? And what does she want for herself in terms of market placement? Is she trying to cater to just whales? Or does she want to achieve broad market share? And how sensitive is she to competitive pricing from her peers? How dependent is she upon her MFC income?

Yes, cam score does influence things like the perceived value of competitor’s products, and of course things like the cost of production also play a role, but trying to determine how much a cam girl’s appeal is worth also has to take into account other factors as well, such as her perceived uniqueness or rarity.

Yes, you can say that there are 20 top models all offering boy-girl vids as wank material for just a few hundred tokens. But I don’t believe that girls with lower cam scores have to follow suit. If a girl is beautiful, and has a great personality, I believe she can be successful by offering a certain experience rather than just sex. In that sense she can command higher prices because she has no effective competition.

I have seen girls with lower cam scores ask for and receive 2K tokens to take off their shirt. Actually I’ve seen them ask for and receive more than 20K tokens just to get naked.

The tyranny of the cam score ought to end. I don’t believe it’s a coincidence that MFC has a completely useless search feature. If someone could pull the data from cam girl’s profiles, put it into a database, and then access it using a halfway decent search function, I believe it would be a step in the right direction.

Yes, you can say that there are 20 top models all offering boy-girl vids as wank material for just a few hundred tokens. But I don’t believe that girls with lower cam scores have to follow suit. If a girl is beautiful, and has a great personality, I believe she can be successful by offering a certain experience rather than just sex. In that sense she can command higher prices because she has no effective competition.

I have seen girls with lower cam scores ask for and receive 2K tokens to take off their shirt. Actually I’ve seen them ask for and receive more than 20K tokens just to get naked.

The tyranny of the cam score ought to end. I don’t believe it’s a coincidence that MFC has a completely useless search feature. If someone could pull the data from cam girl’s profiles, put it into a database, and then access it using a halfway decent search function, I believe it would be a step in the right direction.

Well you may have seen a lower camscore model ask for 20K to get naked but I guarantee they almost never get it, because if they did they wouldn't be low camscore models. You figure that model with a 2,000 camscore is in the top 10% of all camscore on the site. On average she would need to be on cam 24 hours to get naked. Sure some whale may swim into to a room and drop 20K once. But most of the time the typical reaction of even a high spending MFC member would be to see that countdown and click next model. Now there are guys that just want to chat, and they may want to stick around and chat not caring that she is going to get naked. But crazy high countdown generally result in nobody tipping, cause what is the point.. On the other hand for the very top models 20,0000 for naked is only 3 or 4 hours on average and while she may not make every session she will hit her goal many sessions. One of the impacts of these really high countdown is that raises the expected contribution. A member may only think five 10 tokens tips is an appropriate contribution to a 2,000 token, in a room with 200 viewers/40 premium. You put that same member in a room with 1,000 viewer 200 premiums, he often will think geez 10 tokens in nothing, I should give her four 50 tokens tips. This is true even if the perceived attractiveness entertainment value is the same between the two models.

FYI mycamgirl.net does pretty much everything you asked, although I am not sure how accessible the database is to outside people.

Well you may have seen a lower camscore model ask for 20K to get naked but I guarantee they almost never get it, because if they did they wouldn't be low camscore models. You figure that model with a 2,000 camscore is in the top 10% of all camscore on the site. On average she would need to be on cam 24 hours to get naked. Sure some whale may swim into to a room and drop 20K once. But most of the time the typical reaction of even a high spending MFC member would be to see that countdown and click next model. Now there are guys that just want to chat, and they may want to stick around and chat not caring that she is going to get naked. But crazy high countdown generally result in nobody tipping, cause what is the point.. On the other hand for the very top models 20,0000 for naked is only 3 or 4 hours on average and while she may not make every session she will hit her goal many sessions. One of the impacts of these really high countdown is that raises the expected contribution. A member may only think five 10 tokens tips is an appropriate contribution to a 2,000 token, in a room with 200 viewers/40 premium. You put that same member in a room with 1,000 viewer 200 premiums, he often will think geez 10 tokens in nothing, I should give her four 50 tokens tips. This is true even if the perceived attractiveness entertainment value is the same between the two models.

FYI mycamgirl.net does pretty much everything you asked, although I am not sure how accessible the database is to outside people.
Her camscore isn't quite so low anymore, no. These days it typically hovers between 5-6K, and I can't remember the last time it was below 5K.

As for mycamgirl.net, it pretty much doesn't do anything I want. For one thing, I can't leave reviews for models. Second, there is no search feature at all. I just logged in a minute ago to verify that.

Her camscore isn't quite so low anymore, no. These days it typically hovers between 5-6K, and I can't remember the last time it was below 5K.

As for mycamgirl.net, it pretty much doesn't do anything I want. For one thing, I can't leave reviews for models. Second, there is no search feature at all. I just logged in a minute ago to verify that.
That's because it wasn't set up for members, it was set up for models. Reviews and search would be a waste of time to have in that reality. A model can get into her own account and see much more. That's all that's needed for that.

But there actually is a search feature for it; Google.

That's because it wasn't set up for members, it was set up for models. Reviews and search would be a waste of time to have in that reality. A model can get into her own account and see much more. That's all that's needed for that.

But there actually is a search feature for it; Google.
I didn't realize it was created for models. Surprises me actually, because I thought I had heard criticism from models about the amount of info it makes available.

And I don't understand what you mean about Google.

You figure that model with a 2,000 camscore is in the top 10% of all camscore on the site. On average she would need to be on cam 24 hours to get naked.

Where on earth did you come up with that piece of information?

Reactions: yummybrownfox
The tyranny of the cam score ought to end.
As much as we all can recognize that there are beautiful, hardworking girls with low camscores and that is a bummer, camscore is the reason that MFC is SO lucrative for some girls. It creates a top tier where a tiny percent of girls can make extreme money. That is what makes MFC different. That is what draws a lot of girls to the site, and pushes them to keep trying. It's brutal, and it's genius. Taking it away would be unwise.

As far as perceived value goes, we don't really need a study for that. Even if you're a whale tipping to make someone smile or to blow their mind, the cost of surprising someone with a 2k camscore is lower than the cost of getting a 10k camscore girl's attention. It doesn't mean you personally value the 10k girl more, it's just how things are set up. A waitress at Denny's is doing the same job as a waitress at a swanky place, but you wouldn't tip swanky girl the same amount as you'd tip at Denny's.

But yes, I liked that a lot, it was interesting and I agree with a lot of what you said. Also I never watch Youtube videos but I watched that one the whole way through. Accents!!! :inlove:

I'm pretty sure I blushed in front of my screen just now, haha. Thanks @MFCGod for that. :)!

The video was really was just an excuse to make inappropriate noises over your physique :pompous:

@AnneDVille I did slip in bosoms for you

It creates a top tier where a tiny percent of girls can make extreme money. That is what makes MFC different. That is what draws a lot of girls to the site, and pushes them to keep trying. It's brutal, and it's genius. Taking it away would be unwise.

Exactly, I used to loathe the camscore but now I see it as another tool. MFC also makes it possible to gain traction in placement in other way so all is not lost for newish models who are vying for placement. When you start out, you can utilize the 'most popular' or 'trending' placement as well. From my small poll of men, most of them will look at the top girls first because well, you can't help it, then they click on 'most popular' girls rooms that meet their fancy. It's not that difficult to get more traffic into your room to get more exposure although some may disagree with me--just start doing something unusual that catches the eye...that way MFC becomes more like CB where placement depends on the popularity of your room.

To further even the playing field, i would give each model the same high quality cam and same lighting effects.

As someone who often checks out new models, i notice how it's a random selection process of who is an instant hit and who has a steeper hill to climb.
If say Model A and Model B were starting off their cam careers on day one - both models do everything by the book so that the playing field is equal - somehow one model can average 300 people in her room, while the other can only average 50. One model will have a few premiums who can afford tip bombs, while the other has members who can afford to tip small amounts.

Reactions: Gen
Very interesting topic. I do agree that luck plays a part in camming success for many reasons already stated. I think camming is a microcosm of real life. Not everyone can get a trophy. You can work harder than the next person, but if you were not born tall or were sick during that day of try outs, then you may not make the basketball team (yes, there are exceptions to every rule...statistical outliers...blah blah blah). I also think that hard work, continual growth in your trade / talent, adaptability and agility, and vision is what significantly helps you to maintain and/or go beyond your position.

Luck and hard work are also not mutually exclusive. I mean, let's take advertising for example. You put a lot of hard work into getting your name out there so that you can increase your chances (the luck part) of being found. Remember, that all your hard work advertising still does not guarantee that people will come to you. Still takes that "chance / luck" for someone to see the advertisement and happen to have a need for your services, and willing to pay for the service.

I also want to leave you with the tenants of an easy to read and a bit cheesy, "self-help" book that I read a while ago.

The Five Laws of Stratospheric Success

The Law of Value
Your true worth is determined by how much more you give in value than you take in payment.

The Law of Compensation
Your income is determined by how many people you serve and how well you serve them.

The Law of Influence
Your influence is determined by how abundantly you place other people’s interests first.

The Law of Authenticity
The most valuable gift you have to offer is yourself.

The Law of Receptivity
The key to effective giving is to stay open to receiving

Last edited:
As much as we all can recognize that there are beautiful, hardworking girls with low camscores and that is a bummer, camscore is the reason that MFC is SO lucrative for some girls. It creates a top tier where a tiny percent of girls can make extreme money. That is what makes MFC different. That is what draws a lot of girls to the site, and pushes them to keep trying. It's brutal, and it's genius. Taking it away would be unwise.

As far as perceived value goes, we don't really need a study for that. Even if you're a whale tipping to make someone smile or to blow their mind, the cost of surprising someone with a 2k camscore is lower than the cost of getting a 10k camscore girl's attention. It doesn't mean you personally value the 10k girl more, it's just how things are set up. A waitress at Denny's is doing the same job as a waitress at a swanky place, but you wouldn't tip swanky girl the same amount as you'd tip at Denny's.
I knew someone would respond like this. So you don't care that the MFC cam score throws 80% of your fellow cam girls under the bus, just so long as you're one of the ones who benefits from a deeply flawed system?

As for your comparison between Denny's and a nice restaurant, no, the two waitresses aren't doing the same job at all. Waitresses at nicer restaurants are chosen for their personalities as much as for their looks, and they have to be extremely competent. They provide a completely different experience and therefore are paid accordingly. But there is no direct comparison to MFC.

There are a number of MFC chat rooms that I wouldn't enter if I was wearing a level 4 biohazard suit. And the fact that the cam girls have scores over 5K means absolutely nothing to me. As you yourself stated, a higher camscore doesn't necessarily mean that I value a 10K model more than a 2K model. Sometimes a high cam score just means that there's a lot of guys on MFC with very poor taste in cam girls, but that has absolutely no effect on how much I choose to tip a girl.

I knew someone would respond like this. So you don't care that the MFC cam score throws 80% of your fellow cam girls under the bus, just so long as you're one of the ones who benefits from a deeply flawed system?

As for your comparison between Denny's and a nice restaurant, no, the two waitresses aren't doing the same job at all. Waitresses at nicer restaurants are chosen for their personalities as much as for their looks, and they have to be extremely competent. They provide a completely different experience and therefore are paid accordingly. But there is no direct comparison to MFC.

There are a number of MFC chat rooms that I wouldn't enter if I was wearing a level 4 biohazard suit. And the fact that the cam girls have scores over 5K means absolutely nothing to me. As you yourself stated, a higher camscore doesn't necessarily mean that I value a 10K model more than a 2K model. Sometimes a high cam score just means that there's a lot of guys on MFC with very poor taste in cam girls, but that has absolutely no effect on how much I choose to tip a girl.

I've heard lots of members complain about how the camscore system is super flawed. How else would you suggest girls be ranked on the home page? Camscore is the way that makes sense. And while I'm one of the girls that believes luck plays a big factor in helping you get a boost, I also believe that camscore is 85% EARNED by what you put into it. Put in a lot of work you'll have an alright camscore. Put in a lot of work and get lucky, you'll have a crazy good camscore.

If your taste in girls isn't what the majority is into on MFC, fine, use the search feature. But getting rid of camscore just seems silly, there's no other way to rank. (And don't suggest room count, that'd be even more flawed because then it'd just be a system of who has more vagina on their feed.)

How else would you suggest girls be ranked on the home page?

No-one should be ranked. Placement by room count works well elsewhere.

Luck, timing, call it what you will...it's what gets you that "lucky break". Then the hard work you were already doing sustains it.

Reactions: yummybrownfox

Really don't see it as MFC "throwing models under the bus." It sucks that many models don't get the recognition they deserve, but there's also THOUSANDS online, and hundreds who sign up daily. They can't all make all the money.

I think Jicky is an SM only model? (please correct me if I'm wrong @JickyJuly) Your comment about "as long as you're one of the ones who benefits for a deeply flawed system" comment = unnecessary.

As for no rankings on the site, like @RebeccaT mentioned...that would require a complete make over for MFC! As Jicky mentioned, that's WHY MFC became so successful. Not saying a site with no rankings couldn't work, but Im not sure it would work for MFC. I know if it went by room count...I would be completely unsuccessful there.

Hey, are there any sites that don't use any form rank?? I know SM is kind of changing how they display models. How does it work on CB? Or other sites? Just curious.

Last edited:
Every cam site has a camscore. MFC just makes it very visible. CB ranking is simple, the more people are in your room, the higher your placement. SM has complicated placement algorithms based on how good your equipment, earnings and internet connection speed.

LJ is still the top earning cam site though from what I know. If you think MFC is bad, go take a look at the way LJ does it, they are the worst, new girls are basically pawns. Top girls and top studios make the majority because they get all the perks making it near impossible to reach top ranking for any other model.

Status
Not open for further replies.