AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Loosing new model status due to bad cam and internet on Streammate

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 25, 2018
Hi, I have an average cam and a upload speed bellow 1 mb. I did not know how important this was until I started working and I check my room from client perspective, people were entering the room and leaving so I made around $10. I would like to go back once I have upgrated cam and connection but I am affraid that by then my new girl status will be gone.

Can you please give me tips on how to have good traffic once I go back?

Thanks in advance :)

New girl status on SM is not that important, its actually brings more freeloaders and cheapskates. Having good internet, cam and lighting is the best thing you can do for yourself. Then its just about logging hours and figuring out what works for your room.

New girl status on SM is not that important, its actually brings more freeloaders and cheapskates. Having good internet, cam and lighting is the best thing you can do for yourself. Then its just about logging hours and figuring out what works for your room.

Thank you so much doll :)

I barely worked my new girl status but it does give you some advantage. Easier to find. That's the only benefit I can think.

You can always close your account and come back when you are ready to start a new.

I didn't cam on SM at all during my new model time, and I still hit the ground running on there. People will click on you just because they haven't seen you before.

I was so thrilled to finally lose my new-model status on SM. I didn't really use mine either and yes, when I returned without it, my traffic was very low compared to where it was when I first started, but I noticed my paying traffic was much, much higher.

Astronomically less timewasters, scammers, freeloaders, and trolls. The few days I tried to use my new-model status were hell; I made money, but I dealt with so many assholes trying to get one by on the newbie, yuck.

Losing it can be a blessing, IMO.

Agree with the whole losing new status is good idea. My tips are good internet, good pc, good lighting, good cam, nice mic, and the one that hasn't been mentioned: Consistency. I ALWAYS make more money when I get on every day, taking no time off and keep to a schedule (even if it's just "evenings"). Don't be afraid to switch it up but it's great for your earnings to find a time that works for you and then stick to it.

I was so thrilled to finally lose my new-model status on SM. I didn't really use mine either and yes, when I returned without it, my traffic was very low compared to where it was when I first started, but I noticed my paying traffic was much, much higher.

Astronomically less timewasters, scammers, freeloaders, and trolls. The few days I tried to use my new-model status were hell; I made money, but I dealt with so many assholes trying to get one by on the newbie, yuck.

Losing it can be a blessing, IMO.

Omg now that I mentioned I noticed it, many trying to get things for free I even spend 20 min talking to a guy that at the end told me he has no tokens lol :(

Thank you for sharing your experience :)

Agree with the whole losing new status is good idea. My tips are good internet, good pc, good lighting, good cam, nice mic, and the one that hasn't been mentioned: Consistency. I ALWAYS make more money when I get on every day, taking no time off and keep to a schedule (even if it's just "evenings"). Don't be afraid to switch it up but it's great for your earnings to find a time that works for you and then stick to it.

Thank you, great advice. I was focused on cam and internet but Iskipped the mic. I will follow all your tips when I start camming again :)

Reactions: DearestVixen
Omg now that I mentioned I noticed it, many trying to get things for free I even spend 20 min talking to a guy that at the end told me he has no tokens lol :(

Thank you for sharing your experience :)

Everyone runs their business differently, but I'd neverrrr give that much of my attention away for free, especially on SM. On some sites like MFC, there's a certain hangout vibe where investing that amount of time can really pay off in the end, but in my experience, Streamate has a very wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am atmosphere and if a guy hasn't taken you to paid chat or at least tipped after the first few minutes, he probably isn't planning to (at least on that day, some chat a tiny bit and then come back when they have money).

Unless you're okay with just chilling out and chatting with non-paying members - which can be good for making you look engaging/likable to paying members - try not to give a guy more than a minute or two of free attention on SM. Any chatting after general questions ("Do you do ___?" "Do you have [insert toy/outfit/etc.]?") can just as easily be done in premium/exclusive chat.

Everyone runs their business differently, but I'd neverrrr give that much of my attention away for free, especially on SM. On some sites like MFC, there's a certain hangout vibe where investing that amount of time can really pay off in the end, but in my experience, Streamate has a very wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am atmosphere and if a guy hasn't taken you to paid chat or at least tipped after the first few minutes, he probably isn't planning to (at least on that day, some chat a tiny bit and then come back when they have money).

Unless you're okay with just chilling out and chatting with non-paying members - which can be good for making you look engaging/likable to paying members - try not to give a guy more than a minute or two of free attention on SM. Any chatting after general questions ("Do you do ___?" "Do you have [insert toy/outfit/etc.]?") can just as easily be done in premium/exclusive chat.

I learned it the hard way lol this is my first camsite. I will def not do it again, I understand what is SM better after your explanation.

• Hugs
Reactions: CorieCastles
Unless you're okay with just chilling out and chatting with non-paying members - which can be good for making you look engaging/likable to paying members - try not to give a guy more than a minute or two of free attention on SM.

Given the amount of people who have told myself, and other models, that we "look busy" if we're talking for more than a minute or so, I definitely advise keeping chit-chat to a minimum. Some models do manage to run social rooms on SM, but I'm definitely not one of them.

Given the amount of people who have told myself, and other models, that we "look busy" if we're talking for more than a minute or so, I definitely advise keeping chit-chat to a minimum. Some models do manage to run social rooms on SM, but I'm definitely not one of them.

I'm 100% the same, I've actually since stopped verbally communicating in free-chat entirely. Some days I'll get bored and wanna hang out and shoot the shit, but for the most part, I find that answering brief questions via text-chat works the best for me. I'd imagine that some guys still assume I'm "too busy" because I'm typing, but it's like the moment I open my mouth in free chat, the whole room clears except the one (typically broke) dude that I'm talking to lmao. Models who manage to run a social SM room blow my mind, I wish that was me! But alas lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.