AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Making Conversation... when you're the only one talking

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly just get silly and literally talk to my self and then say "sooo is anyone going to talk or shouldI just keep talking to myself all night? cause this might start getting boring"

Or I will start blasting my music and dancing like no one is watching.
If no one wants to talk to me, then I'm going to have a fun time on my own! :rock:

Pretty self explanatory. What do you do when you log on and there are over 20 people to start and everyone refuses to say anything. It doesn't help when you have social anxiety... Advice?
Yeah it can be so awkward when it's like this!

Try send a message in the public chat saying, "Hey guys! How is everyone today/tonight?" That usually gets at least one person to start talking to you! Also, I've found that both talking and typing my responses can the flow of the room when it is quiet. Even if I'm having a conversation with just one member, any viewers with no sound can potentially join in from what they can see I was previously talking about.

Sorry to hear that you've been finding it challenging. I do understand how challenging social anxiety can make interacting with others. Especially attempting to entertain a room of 20 guys. Honestly, just remember that even if you are sat in silence sometimes, with nobody talking to you, the viewers in your room are just happy to sit and watch you do your thing :). They are in your room because they like you, so don't feel pressured to have interesting things to talk about all the time, when the topic of conversation may not be naturally flowing. Just do your thing, it's OK to have periods of time when the room is very quiet, not ideal, but also not the end of the world!

When it is quiet and I want to encourage conversations and tips I do the following:

- Advertise any current deals I have "Guys did you know that my new video is only **** tokens check out the preview on my profile"
- Make up a random deal "next tipper will receive my **** gallery " and post in your public chat
- Think of a random question you could start a conversation with "So, I really want to travel to **** soon, has anyone ever been?" or "I was listening to this new album earlier today, has anyone else heard it?"

Whichever random topic of conversation you start when its quiet, will surely encourage at least one person to chime in!

I find it challenging to have a conversation too, it is not getting easier even though I've been camming for almost 4 months, but well you have to try and keep going on. You can sing a song, share your opinion about trending topics (obviously not religion or politics) tell a hot anecdote or share a hot conversation about your first... something

Reactions: MissJasmineUK
When I was first starting out, I used to write a couple topics I had read about earlier in the day or some childhood stories down on a piece of paper nearby. If I ever had an awkward silence I'd have my little paper to fall back on for reference.

I know from watching camgirls that if I go into a room and the person is not talking that I leave within a few seconds. It doesn't really matter WHAT the girl is saying, I think humans are just wired to pay attention to a person whom is speaking.

A huge thing that helps me keep chatting away, even to myself, is coffee. It makes me want to hear my own self rant off. Also, I agree with the singing advice. Put on your favorite album and sing the entire thing like you're alone in your room and no one is watching. Music tends to trigger so many emotions/memories for me that the stories just seem to come out as I listen.

Don't be afraid of saying anything to them really. The more specific and personal you get, the more chance someone watching has to feel really connected to you. Having even one thing in common with a member will usually guarantee they want to come back and hang out again.

I'm basically completely quiet till someone talks, but meh SM is quiet. This might help some of ya'll though. Long list of interesting questions to get to know folks. The title saying for dating, but obviously doesn't have to be for that. I figure you could answer some of the questions yourself out loud too till someone jumps in. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm basically completely quiet till someone talks, but meh SM is quiet. This might help some of ya'll though. Long list of interesting questions to get to know folks. The title saying for dating, but obviously doesn't have to be for that. I figure you could answer some of the questions yourself out loud too till someone jumps in. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Totally stealing this, thanks! ;)

Reactions: Ann_Sulu
I have this problem too. The silent room is the WORST!!! lately what ive been doing is just spurting out whatever random thought pops into my head. And if its something dirty, you'll usually get a couple bites. Hehe. I love it when someone asks me a question because I can usually answer the question and kinda just use tge question to spin off into a conversation.
Also, if you call out someone by name, they might start talking. Like "hey! John!!! Where you watching me from tonight?" Sometimes they ignore you but most of the time they speak up!
Just my two cents. Happy camming!!

I usually sing to myself, just made up nonsense songs about what I'm doing. If people see me encounter a troll/do a ban I'll usually sing a stupid song about it after they leave, it's entertaining and tones down the all-business vibe (if that's what you want).

Also caffeine. Which I hate. But so much caffeine. And music that makes you want to dance. I also have a lot of trinkets and things around my desk to play with (eg. fluffy pen, bubbles, I've even juggled on cam before because I was so bored).

Yeah it can be so awkward when it's like this!

Try send a message in the public chat saying, "Hey guys! How is everyone today/tonight?" That usually gets at least one person to start talking to you! Also, I've found that both talking and typing my responses can the flow of the room when it is quiet. Even if I'm having a conversation with just one member, any viewers with no sound can potentially join in from what they can see I was previously talking about.

Sorry to hear that you've been finding it challenging. I do understand how challenging social anxiety can make interacting with others. Especially attempting to entertain a room of 20 guys. Honestly, just remember that even if you are sat in silence sometimes, with nobody talking to you, the viewers in your room are just happy to sit and watch you do your thing :). They are in your room because they like you, so don't feel pressured to have interesting things to talk about all the time, when the topic of conversation may not be naturally flowing. Just do your thing, it's OK to have periods of time when the room is very quiet, not ideal, but also not the end of the world!

When it is quiet and I want to encourage conversations and tips I do the following:

- Advertise any current deals I have "Guys did you know that my new video is only **** tokens check out the preview on my profile"
- Make up a random deal "next tipper will receive my **** gallery " and post in your public chat
- Think of a random question you could start a conversation with "So, I really want to travel to **** soon, has anyone ever been?" or "I was listening to this new album earlier today, has anyone else heard it?"

Whichever random topic of conversation you start when its quiet, will surely encourage at least one person to chime in!

I've never thought to type as well, that's smart!

Reactions: MissJasmineUK
May sound weird, but when that happens i either start answering my own questions and have a convo all by myself, or i just start dancing and let them be since they choose to be silent. Takes the awkardness away lol

Pretty self explanatory. What do you do when you log on and there are over 20 people to start and everyone refuses to say anything. It doesn't help when you have social anxiety... Advice?

I feel you with the social anxiety! I also disassociate when left alone with my own thoughts, so I end up staring for a bit before I realize. Oops. Usually I lipsync into my dildo with whatever song I'm playing. That usually gets the room talking, and helps to loosen me up. Plus it's pretty fucking hilarious

• Funny!
Reactions: CoffeeKnight
Commenting on a unique username can be a good conversation starter too. I've had many models mention the coffee part of my username when I come into their rooms. Even if it is something as simple as asking if I'm drinking coffee at the moment. Or asking how I drink it. If you see a username that catches your eye mention it and maybe they will engage in conversation.

I would suggest in those awkward moments to play some music and dance. I'm finding that to be very popular amongst female camgirls. Some start off in their room dancing (either silly or seductively teasing) and wait for more viewer interest. Awkward silences are the worst as a cam model. Try not to show that you do in fact feel awkward. Instead have fun and your viewership will follow.

I have this problem too. The silent room is the WORST!!! lately what ive been doing is just spurting out whatever random thought pops into my head. And if its something dirty, you'll usually get a couple bites. Hehe. I love it when someone asks me a question because I can usually answer the question and kinda just use tge question to spin off into a conversation.
Also, if you call out someone by name, they might start talking. Like "hey! John!!! Where you watching me from tonight?" Sometimes they ignore you but most of the time they speak up!
Just my two cents. Happy camming!!
or john ends up leaving is usually the case for me haha

Reactions: melanieoncam
Every single time I've commented on a member's username they leave my room right away! Even if it's like a popular character from TV or type of music or something we could've actually held a conversation about, haha. I think some people just don't like being singled out.
Commenting on a unique username can be a good conversation starter too. I've had many models mention the coffee part of my username when I come into their rooms. Even if it is something as simple as asking if I'm drinking coffee at the moment. Or asking how I drink it. If you see a username that catches your eye mention it and maybe they will engage in conversation.

Reactions: melanieoncam
When it's quiet I normally say you know it takes two people to have a convo?

Wait 5 mins later- still silence

I can play this game just as well as you can I'll just continue to watch watch you like your watching me?

Every single time I've commented on a member's username they leave my room right away! Even if it's like a popular character from TV or type of music or something we could've actually held a conversation about, haha. I think some people just don't like being singled out.
I can see it going that way too. I usually figure of someone has an eye catching username they want/are used to being called out. While I'm not a big fan of being singled out myself in a way I don't mind being asked about coffee etc because it helps break the ice on my end too. Coming into a model's room and wondering what I'm going to say can sometimes cause the old social anxiety to flare. lol

Reactions: AnaArwen
I made some super long youtube videos awhile back talking about my life and my journey in personal growth, and this really helped teach me how to talk about myself to no one.

I also realized this type of one-sided conversation flows if it's super, super honest - almost like a confession. So if there's sides of yourself you don't want to show to webcam members, or you have personal details like relationship status etc you keep private, it makes it harder to flow. If your cam persona is a character and not you, it'll take more energy to just talk randomly.... just being yourself is easier and takes less energy. Although has it's cons as well given some parts of ourselves are not marketable.

Reactions: CoffeeKnight
I just talk about random little things. Like whatever pops into my head. I tell funny stories. Usually that gets people engaged. If I have a quiet reg in the room, sometimes I'll ask him to pipe in.

I definitely struggle with this sometimes, but I always have music playing so if nothing else sometimes I'll make comments about how I haven't heard that song in a long time or if it triggers a certain memory I might tell the story. Or like, maybe even intentionally place silly stuff like the cha cha slide in your playlist and dance like you're back in elementary school gym class and nothing in the world matters. If you're having fun, your viewers likely are too. And don't be afraid to do stuff that might make you feel a little silly or stupid either. A lot of times the guys like to see you loosen up a little bit and really get comfortable being yourself. Even if it's under a different name, your personality can still be you.

I first start talking about my day and what I plan to do with the rest of my day. I usually watch like movie trailers and play video games so I talk about that stuff. If my favorite artist comes out with whatever, I try to talk about that. I also do the dancing thing but I'm a bubbly kinda person. I guess my number one advice is just literally talk about whatever is on your mind. If you find your having a blank mind, you can always talk about the book your reading//show you are watching and what you've seen on the internet that day.

Reactions: MojitosJourney
Status
Not open for further replies.