AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Male vs Female Cammers

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

passmeawhiskay

Inactive Cam Model
Dec 2, 2018
Twitter Username
@passmeawhiskay
Chaturbate Username
passmeawhiskay
This is horribly written and all over the place, but i've had a long day, so please go easy, thanks :) TL:DR are the bottom.

I know this all new territory in the world of Webcams, AFAIK only one site lets males cam, Chaturbate, and I dont know how long CB has been letting males cam. The first 5 days I was back I was doing great, mainly cuz of the "NEW" banner on my page and my old viewers welcoming me back, but in the last couple of days its stagnated, big time. Freeloaders abound. I watched a top female cammer for a while SOLEY (if you can believe it ;) for the purpose of seeing how and what I could incorporate into my show to make it more successful. The tips were raining and while beautiful and engaging, she wasn't really doing anything different from me. Shirt off goal/brah off goal, panties off goal/underwear off goal. Cumshow goal/Cumshow goal. I am also engaging (Handsome or not, well that's another story lol)

!!DISCLAIMER!! This is meant to be a civil discussion related soley on the different hardships each gender faces and how female cammers can help male cammers up their game. This is NOT meant to be a rude/sexist/misogynistic/feministic fight about "Who has it harder" "who has it easier".

Camming IS hard, and it takes a certain personality, show style and more importantly patience and hard work to gain a following that is willing to tip you what you genuinely are worth. ie, you might think you are worth more tips than you really are.

Now, as I stated above, I dont want to make this into a girls have it easier than men, but as a viewers as well as a cammer, I think it's generally known that women on average have more men in their rooms then a male cammer has (whether HE be straight or gay)

There are obvious reasons for this imo. There are some thirsty gay guys out there but straight males in general I believe are just thirstier. My experience is going on 1 year 4 months of camming in total.

Gay men, CAN also sometimes be total queens. Drama queens. Sabotage your show, thumbs you down into oblivion, try and find out who you are and out you if you dont give them what they want for free/or mod them. AGAIN I want to reiterate this is not a generalization but a discussion and many of the female cammers have undoubtedly faced the same thing from their straight viewers.

That being said in my opinion where a popular woman cammer can get away with nicely telling a viewers, "dont demand please" or "No PMs", "spoil me with my amazon wish list if you'd like to", in my experience, camming as a guy, they will always either get upset, leave (untill your cumshow of course) then all the freeloaders are back, say "hmm, what do I get for sending you an amazon gift card?" Or say hey i'd rather tip you "Some other way" Paypal/Cashapp, whatever.

Now sex work, I think everyone can agree is a womans arena. You look at some of the highest followed female cammers and compare them to the highest followed stud male cammer and I can guarantee the numbers will speak for themselves. Thats fine, it's to be expected.

TL:DR = Camming for females and males while challenging for both can be a tough hussle, what are some tips that females (who I think have a naturally easier time camming because, well, vagina, and as a straight male, I am projecting here) can give to us males, especially in the realm of, not giving free shows, dealing with demanders without coming off as rude/only careing about tokens, and ESPECIALLY, what if ANYTHING do you give to viewers who send you amazon gift cards.

I hope this is a civil discourse and forgive me if I sound salty and on a rant, I just had a 6 hour day of camming with virtually nothing but flies coming out of my pockets after having a real good run at the start.

Everyone has bad days when it comes to camming. I don’t think there is a single cam model who can say they’ve never had a day where they weren’t making money or had to deal with assholes who ruined their mood. It’s to be expected. If there’s someone in your room being demanding, annoying or whatever, block them. It’s your room and you run it the way you want to.

As far as people asking what they get for an Amazon gift card, tell them nothing. That it’s considered a gift and gifts don’t come with stipulations. The only time I will accept gift cards as a non-gift is when I need something specific off Amazon and run a deal on customs or my preexisting videos, and usually I only offer that to people who have already tipped me in the past.

Also, as far as I can tell, every successful male cam model I’ve seen (granted, it’s really not many and I’m kind of just going off what I’ve seen on twitter) also does clips. So perhaps look into clip making? There was a great article that I believe someone posted on here from a male model who did very well on Clips4Sale. Maybe someone else can link it? I unfortunately can’t remember the name of it. But yeah, it’s something worth checking out.

Question: said female performer you watched, I'm assuming she's spent more time building her regs and finding her voice? I spent the better half of my 6 years camming just putting in hours, some which were thankless. Entire seasons that were thankless. But I still showed up the next day or when I was available next. It took me 4 years to even get into a consistent work schedule. Show up and find your own voice. You will build your own regs and persona.

Taking off-site payments for shows isn't allowed on Chaturbate, so that's something to tell the freeloaders in hopes they'll stop.
I believe Cams.com and Streamate are open to male models! I'd also suggest checking out AdultWork but - forgive me if I'm wrong - they stopped working with US models this/last year (if you're in the US)

Everyone has bad days when it comes to camming. I don’t think there is a single cam model who can say they’ve never had a day where they weren’t making money or had to deal with assholes who ruined their mood. It’s to be expected. If there’s someone in your room being demanding, annoying or whatever, block them. It’s your room and you run it the way you want to.

As far as people asking what they get for an Amazon gift card, tell them nothing. That it’s considered a gift and gifts don’t come with stipulations. The only time I will accept gift cards as a non-gift is when I need something specific off Amazon and run a deal on customs or my preexisting videos, and usually I only offer that to people who have already tipped me in the past.

Also, as far as I can tell, every successful male cam model I’ve seen (granted, it’s really not many and I’m kind of just going off what I’ve seen on twitter) also does clips. So perhaps look into clip making? There was a great article that I believe someone posted on here from a male model who did very well on Clips4Sale. Maybe someone else can link it? I unfortunately can’t remember the name of it. But yeah, it’s something worth checking out.

You're so right its nuts. Sometimes it just takes one person/persons to find you and have the tokens and you have an incredible fun show. And it sucks sometimes that they are just killing your goals and no one else is. I feel terrible for that person. Usually thats always a crazy ticket night.

So anyway you're right this morning show, nothing, I just got off cam now and had 3500 token night show. I think a lot of it had to do with the fact I was playing games with the room as well. I was raffling things like Snapchat, pictures sets with a fun spin the wheel app I have on my phone and, again, I dont know if that made all the difference or not, but sometimes camming is a mystery.

All you can do is do your thing as best you can, have fun, be patient and hope for the best. Thanks

Question: said female performer you watched, I'm assuming she's spent more time building her regs and finding her voice? I spent the better half of my 6 years camming just putting in hours, some which were thankless. Entire seasons that were thankless. But I still showed up the next day or when I was available next. It took me 4 years to even get into a consistent work schedule. Show up and find your own voice. You will build your own regs and persona.

ChronicLove, I mean, yah this girl has been around for sure! She had nearly 27,000 people in that room. I think she has even been in Hustler Magazine, so you're right Im comparing apples to oranges here. I cant compare myself to someone with that kind of following. It's dumb and hurtful to my show and confidence so. You're absolutely right.

ChronicLove, I mean, yah this girl has been around for sure! She had nearly 27,000 people in that room. I think she has even been in Hustler Magazine, so you're right Im comparing apples to oranges here. I cant compare myself to someone with that kind of following. It's dumb and hurtful to my show and confidence so. You're absolutely right.

Aw man I wish you had picked someone other than Marley for your salty rant. She is just one of the hardest working models and and most beloved by members on the entire site. Marley has been camming since early 2014, she cams longer shifts than me which is saying something hey, and she is a full package type of cammer.. she talks to and is friendly to her viewers, used to do hula hooping, does cum shows in public, she even did couple shows back in the day. Marley is sitting on 4 years of hard work. I just looked her up on Mycamgirl and look at her hours:

Screenshot 2018-12-11 at 13.49.22.png

She has cammed over 100 hours every month for the past 6 month in 6 hour long shifts. Does your schedule look anything like this? I doubt it.

So yeah.. you can pin it on her having a vagina or you can stop being a salty crybaby and realize camwork is hard work. Work on your hustle and stop looking at more successful models.

This is like me wanting to become a contractor and complaining because Bob makes more than me. Only Bob has been doing construction work for 5 years has built relationships with his clients, has a golden reputation and knows what he is doing.

Aw man I wish you had picked someone other than Marley for your salty rant. She is just one of the hardest working models and and most beloved by members on the entire site. Marley has been camming since early 2014, she cams longer shifts than me which is saying something hey, and she is a full package type of cammer.. she talks to and is friendly to her viewers, used to do hula hooping, does cum shows in public, she even did couple shows back in the day. Marley is sitting on 4 years of hard work. I just looked her up on Mycamgirl and look at her hours:

View attachment 79320

She has cammed over 100 hours every month for the past 6 month in 6 hour long shifts. Does your schedule look anything like this? I doubt it.

So yeah.. you can pin it on her having a vagina or you can stop being a salty crybaby and realize camwork is hard work. Work on your hustle and stop looking at more successful models.

This is like me wanting to become a contractor and complaining because Bob makes more than me. Only Bob has been doing construction work for 5 years has built relationships with his clients, has a golden reputation and knows what he is doing.

Wow, I think you skipped over the part were this was not about gender and more about what tips woman could offer to us guys. A male and a female cammer hustling the same amount, the women will always have more viewers, that's just the way it is.

I admit it was a little silly to judge my shows successes to someone like ChronicLove, she's an awesome cammer and as you stated (but didnt know) puts in a shit ton of hours, but I didnt pin it on her having a vagina. The part where I said "because, well, vagina" you took the wrong way. That was me projecting as a straight guy, why women in general are more successful. Not ChronicLove specifically.

I dont know the exact statistics but Id bet my life there are more horny straight men than their are gay men in the world. Thats all I meant.

Last edited:
Wow, I think you skipped over the part were this was not about gender and more about what tips woman could offer to us guys. A male and a female cammer hustling the same amount, the women will always have more viewers, that's just the way it is.

I admit it was a little silly to judge my shows successes to someone like ChronicLove, she's an awesome cammer and as you stated (but didnt know) puts in a shit ton of hours, but I didnt pin it on her having a vagina. The part where I said "because, well, vagina" you took the wrong way. That was me projecting as a straight guy, why women in general are more successful. Not ChronicLove specifically.

I dont know the exact statistics but Id bet my life there are more horny straight men than their are gay men in the world. Thats all I meant.

You say you are not making this about gender but on the next breath you say females are more successful because “well, vagina”. So make up your mind. Which one is it? And personally what I find distasteful about your little rant is how you diminish female cam model work by saying we lucked out on nature’s lottery cause we have a vagina. And what I was trying to show you is vagina or not the model you were comparing yourself to works a fuck ton more hours than you do. Vagina or not vagina she has 4 more years of experience than you. Maybe this is why she earns more. Male models complain about this and yet there are no regular faces on the male tab. Male models have very little persistence and work ethic compared to female models. Maybe it is because there is no money in it for men, maybe it’s because you have better options out there, matter of fact is male models in general are lazy, disorganized, put little effort into their shows, and that is reflected on their earnings as a whole. There are exceptions out there but so few and far in between... when you have been doing this for 6 hours a day every day for 4 years, when you put the effort in to come up with creative ideas and new ways to do old things to not bore your audience come back and talk to us about our vaginas.

And yes, this is a female dominated industry for a reason. Gay men can go into a gay club and pick up a stranger to just fuck or get in the dark rooms with men they just met 5 min ago so why would they pay? Learn to offer something more than just sex if you want them to tip you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sky_Smith
You say you are not making this about gender but on the next breath you say females are more successful because “well, vagina”. So make up your mind. Which one is it? And personally what I find distasteful about your little rant is how you diminish female cam model work by saying we lucked out on nature’s lottery cause we have a vagina. And what I was trying to show you is vagina or not the model you were comparing yourself to works a fuck ton more hours than you do. Vagina or not vagina she has 4 more years of experience than you. Maybe this is why she earns more. Male models complain about this and yet there are no regular faces on the male tab. Male models have very little persistence and work ethic compared to female models. Maybe it is because there is no money in it for men, maybe it’s because you have better options out there, matter of fact is male models in general are lazy, disorganized, put little effort into their shows, and that is reflected on their earnings as a whole. There are exceptions out there but so few and far in between... when you have been doing this for 6 hours a day every day for 4 years, when you put the effort in to come up with creative ideas and new ways to do old things to not bore your audience come back and talk to us about our vaginas.

And yes, this is a female dominated industry for a reason. Gay men can go into a gay club and pick up a stranger to just fuck or get in the dark rooms with men they just met 5 min ago so why would they pay? Learn to offer something more than just sex if you want them to tip you.

Diminishing female cammers? What? You're putting meaning into my text that simply isn't there, (I did say it was badly written and all over the place) but I see you've made up your mind so... sorry we got off on the wrong foot.

Gay men, CAN also sometimes be total queens. Drama queens. Sabotage your show, thumbs you down into oblivion, try and find out who you are and out you if you dont give them what they want for free/or mod them. AGAIN I want to reiterate this is not a generalization but a discussion and many of the female cammers have undoubtedly faced the same thing from their straight viewers.

I think most models deal with predatory behavior. Check out this thread on a model dealing with blackmale. Some models go as far as having no personal media online. Having separate phones, mailboxes, bank accounts, extra.

Many models ban people who are disruptive and or demanding. Some models are nice about it, and explain it. limit their bans to give people a chance to change their ways. While other models just bring down the ban hammer.

Reactions: passmeawhiskay
I know this is about camming but how come you haven't thought about Clips4sale??? I know PLENTY of dude's who make an amazing income off c4s.

Lets start with Lance Hart, Connor Coxx, Family Manipulation (ran by Alex), Miles Striker, and the #1 studio on freaking c4s: Primal's Taboo Sex.. These are all very successful dude's who have clip stores who make bank. They have established a name for themselves and work with some of the best ladies in the industry. They all started from no where, researched what sold, did well.. Lance Hart is the freaking reason I started making clips.. His blog on how to make 10k a month on C4S fucking inspired me because he is a dude and so freaking successful. He really made me believe it was possible and it is!!! If you can roleplay, have a personality and can create fucked up shit this is the route I would suggest for anyone (male or female) there are SO many dude's who shoot POV (like Alex) like you don't even need to be in the freaking clips. Just have an imagination and create story lines.

Also try Streammate they have a dude section and my ex used to do very well on there. Good luck!!

I know this is about camming but how come you haven't thought about Clips4sale??? I know PLENTY of dude's who make an amazing income off c4s.

Lets start with Lance Hart, Connor Coxx, Family Manipulation (ran by Alex), Miles Striker, and the #1 studio on freaking c4s: Primal's Taboo Sex.. These are all very successful dude's who have clip stores who make bank. They have established a name for themselves and work with some of the best ladies in the industry. They all started from no where, researched what sold, did well.. Lance Hart is the freaking reason I started making clips.. His blog on how to make 10k a month on C4S fucking inspired me because he is a dude and so freaking successful. He really made me believe it was possible and it is!!! If you can roleplay, have a personality and can create fucked up shit this is the route I would suggest for anyone (male or female) there are SO many dude's who shoot POV (like Alex) like you don't even need to be in the freaking clips. Just have an imagination and create story lines.

Also try Streammate they have a dude section and my ex used to do very well on there. Good luck!!

Thanks ill look into this, especially his BLOG, I guess I just have to get out of my comfort zone. Im not sure how far im willing to go on clips that will be online forever. And then there is the business of finding other girls willing to help me with my clips! You mentioned POV, I assume you mean with other people?

I think you’re referring to @Primaltime

• Helpful!
Reactions: passmeawhiskay
Thanks ill look into this, especially his BLOG, I guess I just have to get out of my comfort zone. Im not sure how far im willing to go on clips that will be online forever. And then there is the business of finding other girls willing to help me with my clips! You mentioned POV, I assume you mean with other people?

Yes like POV with other girls (this way your face or body isn't in it) You can always disable your clips4sale store. I mean you are on the internet anyways lol. It really is NO different. You mentioned having a MV - C4S is just better money/more traffic. These guys who I mentioned are business people first and if thats how you look at it your comfort goes out the fucking window.

Yes like POV with other girls (this way your face or body isn't in it) You can always disable your clips4sale store. I mean you are on the internet anyways lol. It really is NO different. You mentioned having a MV - C4S is just better money/more traffic. These guys who I mentioned are business people first and if thats how you look at it your comfort goes out the fucking window.

You should be working advertisement for these guys. Im intrigued, hook line and sinker. Ill look into it. Thanks for the tip!

I think each sex has their own unique challenges in regards to camming, and I think so many people look at the big names and only see the dollar signs, not the hard work that went into creating it. We see these same comments coming from so many new female cammers too (I mean, not about the gender differences but how much & how easily top models appear to earn. They look at the more well-known girls and see the tokens raining down - and it's easy to get frustrated and hard not to compare yourself to the performer. It isn't a gender-specific phenomenon you are speaking about. But it is often a new generation vs. established generation instead. A lot of the new models don't realize that it takes a lot of work to make it look so effortless. Usually a ton of blood and sacrifice and sweat and endless bad days and tears and YEARS of work to create that kind of following and that kind of income. And even then, it's still not a guarantee for that kind of success because I know a ton of girls who work their butts off and aren't rolling in the bank. Not every model who works crazyhard will have vast success in this field - but I don't know any model who has achieved vast success without working crazyhard.

But I think the questions/advice about the giftcards is applicable to all genders!

Personally, I get a lot of gift cards because I operate in the femdom world where such things are normalized. But I keep the bratty demands reserved for specific subs, and generally, I just use my social media to advertise my wishlists, and I regularly get gifts. I am very polite in advertising my wishlist, but I am very firm about not accepting gift cards as payment for videos, though. Honestly, I can't remember the last time someone has tried. But in Femdom world, subs know that tributes are gifts. It usually doesn't have to be explained - it's expected and common knowledge. In vanilla camworld, though, the lines become blurred because you'll often see models put out specific deals on Twitter, "I.e., Send a gift card and get ____ videos in return!" So it's easier for members to have expectations of receiving something for their gift. If I were you, I wouldn't want to break any site rule - nor would I want to encourage members to start buy my services with gifts. I cannot pay my bills with gifts. And when you're first starting, every token counts. If you want gifts to stay as gifts (which I recommend!), then you can still nicely, but firmly, state your boundaries. Also let them know that taking payment offsite can result in you being banned, and how you cannot risk that. That should help nip it in the bud. Of course, there are always people who get upset, but anyone who wants you to risk breaking site rules just for a gift card... That's the kind of selfish member that probably won't help you thrive in the long-term.

You can request gifts simply by saying something like, "I've had people ask how they can spoil me or make me smile, and I appreciate that SO much. You guys are the best! So for anyone who is interested, here's my wishlist! (Just please remember, I CANNOT accept payment for services in the form of gifts. Should you wish to purchase a show or order a clip, please use tokens instead! Thanks for understanding!)"

You should be working advertisement for these guys. Im intrigued, hook line and sinker. Ill look into it. Thanks for the tip!

I've been doing this 7 years full time and these dude's I mentioned are legit/hard working dude's who look @ this like a business like I do :) I eat, breathe, sleep clip making lol.

You're thinking about this too hard and while having new forum topics are nice it's more talk than action you need to succeed.

Gender in camming is purely demo-graphical. Men have a smaller member base in general than the women. It has nothing to do with who's working harder there simply less available income sources because men are substantially more willing to pay for entertainment of this nature more than women. Woman don't have to be BETTER at camming than the men they have a vastly larger total member base so there's enough potential income from the larger group. There also no way to know which group is more over-saturated, I imagine there are at least 10 models per every 1 paying member right now industry wise for female models but that's an opinion at best but it could also be the same for male since the model size for males is also generally much smaller than females.

Ultimately the job remains the same for both gender. Find the fetish that works best for you and find the members that are looking for the fetish and give them the path of least resistance. Members get to be entitled in the cam world because we are the only group there by choice. The only difference is since the male centric member base is so much smaller then nitch of profitable fetishes is also decreased so you find much smaller categories for the male models to be part of to make money. Performing for gay audiences is just the largest of those demo for men so it's common for male models to service that group to be profitable.

If the largest member demographic for women were juggling enthusiast you'd see most all women models at least trying to practice juggling.

I had a Male friend on streamate and he did really well doing solo shows.

I second looking into clip making. Lance hart is a freaking dream boat, plus he caters to really fun fetish stuff, and is a good business dude overall.

I will say, I am sooo tired of men in the industry thinking we have it easy just because we have a vag. If I was just going on looks and vanilla sex appeal, I would not be successful at all. It is very rare in this industry to just show up, look pretty, and have money thrown at you. There is a lot of personality and entertainment that goes into it as well, which I'm sure you realize. When I started, I wavered between vanilla sex appeal and shows like that, but it wasnt a good fit for me. I turned towards what I do in my personal life, which is very fetish and bdsm driven, and went from there. I now do mostly specific fetish shows for a few regulars a month (my last one was humping balloons, not my thing personally, but it was so fun!), and fem dom, and I've hit my groove with it. It took a couple years to get there tho, and I'm still learning every day. When I started, I would watch cams, and compare myself to the top earners- and all it did was mess my self esteem up, without realizing the sheer amount of work that goes into being successful in this.

There will be a niche for you in the Male camming community, you just have to find it and make it work for you.

wait. Damn. Maybe it was actually @TexMuscleJock ?

Wasn't me...not yet! @BiancaBaker is absolutely correct though: there is nothing holding back males on c4s (except for themselves, if they so choose). I hit the top 100 in global rankings (meaning the entire site) after two months of making clips. The interesting thing about the gay fetish market is that there is huge demand, but so few male models doing it properly. The ones who do (those that Bianca mentioned) do extremely well. This is a business, and if you are methodical about it, you will find success.

I've gotten to a point where 1 clip per day makes for a average yearly salary. Add custom clips, findom (financial domination), my membership site, skype sessions, NiteFlirt, and selling worn gear to that and I ended up with a six figure income. I was able to quit my day job and work from home and have plenty of time to work on writing/music/art (just things that I'm passionate about but didn't have the time while working 9-5). The adult industry has been good to me and my way of giving back is to work my ass off and try to maintain an excellent reputation as a male in the adult space. I think I mentioned in my other post that I will be talking to Neil later this month about clips4sale's gay-oriented content; we hope to discuss some ideas that could open up the market for solo male content even more. Anyway, point is - clips4sale is nothing to scoff about; it's a damned fine platform, and you can make a decent living off of just c4s alone.

ACF is an invaluable resource - building a formidable reputation here is invaluable. The people here will be your mentors, coworkers, support-system. That's how adult media works these days. Good luck!

@passmeawhiskay

Anyway, point is - clips4sale is nothing to scoff about; it's a damned fine platform, and you can make a decent living off of just c4s alone.
@passmeawhiskay

I sucked it up and made a new C4S studio at 11pm New Years Eve and within 4 days was already halfway to payout from on-site customers. Payout for me as an international model is $150 and they charge a $45 wire fee, but with that money I'll be able to get a passport, get Paxum, and use BoleynModels for daily pay. I can honestly say I was shocked but not surprised because I know fat models do great on C4S. I've even got a regular who keeps coming back for more! I'm super excited and pleased about it and I just adore C4S. (In comparison, it took me 3 months to make $100 on MV)

I sucked it up and made a new C4S studio at 11pm New Years Eve and within 4 days was already halfway to payout from on-site customers. Payout for me as an international model is $150 and they charge a $45 wire fee, but with that money I'll be able to get a passport, get Paxum, and use BoleynModels for daily pay. I can honestly say I was shocked but not surprised because I know fat models do great on C4S. I've even got a regular who keeps coming back for more! I'm super excited and pleased about it and I just adore C4S. (In comparison, it took me 3 months to make $100 on MV)

That's awesome! Yes, I always see BBW content in the top-50. It's a hit on there. Keep at it and don't give up (there will be shitty months - feel free to discuss those bad times on the clips4sale random chitchat thread). You'll find that around month 2-3, your clip editing and quality goes on this up-curve and you'll just keep getting better and better. My biggest piece of advice would be to maintain consistency (i.e. 1 clip per day). After 30 days, you can add contact info to your store, which opens up the opportunity to do customs (another major money-maker).

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Status
Not open for further replies.