AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Many Vids Live is killing me

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly it’s a bit of a dead zone and I think a lot of people (myself included) just have it on in the background of their main site stream. That was the point of my first post really, that the payout % being good is pretty useless when there’s so little traffic. I’d rather they took 50% and spent 30% of it on advertising or something.

I’ve even checked out the rooms of the top 1-10 MV girls and you’re right, never more than 1 tipper in the room at a time. I don’t know where your model friend ranks but if I’m doing “well” on Mv live, I rank in the top 300ish in a month but that translates to less than $100 in tokens for that whole month! Not nothing, but not what I’m there for haha
It seems mixed at times. The model I visit seems to have taken a ton on there tonight but other nights it's like she barely notices if you chat there because she's given up on it and is focussing on the other pages.

My friend has been pretty much all over the place in the rankings. I've seen here in the top 10 on a rare occassion but then within days she could be pushing 300. Which I suppose reflects the inconsistency that I refer to above.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Sashacurves
Exactly it’s a bit of a dead zone and I think a lot of people (myself included) just have it on in the background of their main site stream. That was the point of my first post really, that the payout % being good is pretty useless when there’s so little traffic. I’d rather they took 50% and spent 30% of it on advertising or something.

I’ve even checked out the rooms of the top 1-10 MV girls and you’re right, never more than 1 tipper in the room at a time. I don’t know where your model friend ranks but if I’m doing “well” on Mv live, I rank in the top 300ish in a month but that translates to less than $100 in tokens for that whole month! Not nothing, but not what I’m there for haha
A fairly common interaction seems to be to enter a live room simply to ask for a PM so they can outline a script for a custom video. Again, not something you see on other sites.

It seems mixed at times. The model I visit seems to have taken a ton on there tonight but other nights it's like she barely notices if you chat there because she's given up on it and is focussing on the other pages.

My friend has been pretty much all over the place in the rankings. I've seen here in the top 10 on a rare occassion but then within days she could be pushing 300. Which I suppose reflects the inconsistency that I refer to above.
Happens to me sometimes. And the low traffic is the main reason for that imo. You're like 200th girl one day but a big tipper comes out of the blue and that takes you to 30th. Which means it really doesn't take much to rank there so what I get from it is that probably only the top 3 or so are making real good money on there.

The sole reason I still leave MV open in the background is that, every once in a while some dude will come and tip quite a lot, but that's extra eventual money, I wouldn't count on MV Live to make an income.

I mean, on a lot of levels it's better than other sites. The sound and stream quality seem more consistent and the lush control function seems good.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Even though I only use ManyVids Live once in a blue moon...when I use it, I can't get over how fantastic I look on-screen on there. Like I'm glowing or something. And that's without me even using OBS.

Reactions: rockin_rod
Here's another observation, and I'm basing it on only visiting a couple of models so it could be way off the mark, but MV seems to attract more guys with unusual fetishes. The model I regularly visit seems to get a lot of guys who come and tip for unusual stuff. Not all of it is overly explicit, just a bit odd at times.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Even though I only use ManyVids Live once in a blue moon...when I use it, I can't get over how fantastic I look on-screen on there. Like I'm glowing or something. And that's without me even using OBS.
Yeah, and presumably it's the same camera as you are streaming to other sites with?

Here's another observation, and I'm basing it on only visiting a couple of models so it could be way off the mark, but MV seems to attract more guys with unusual fetishes. The model I regularly visit seems to get a lot of guys who come and tip for unusual stuff. Not all of it is overly explicit, just a bit odd at times.
Well yeah obviously, because the whole site is very strongly fetish focused! I love having fun with "weird" new fetishes. It's not for everyone, but it keeps things new and interesting in my opinion! Had a guy tip me a huge amount to rip my bra off in public chat recently. As in like shred the material. It was hilarious and surprisingly difficult!

Well yeah obviously, because the whole site is very strongly fetish focused! I love having fun with "weird" new fetishes. It's not for everyone, but it keeps things new and interesting in my opinion! Had a guy tip me a huge amount to rip my bra off in public chat recently. As in like shred the material. It was hilarious and surprisingly difficult!
I see a lot of guys who want stuff that requires materials that the model doesn't often have to hand. Cue the model going offline to go to the shops. I'm sure that pricing requests like that must be a nightmare as you try to factor in buying props at short notice and offline time.

Although even they may be struggling. Based on what we've discussed they may be top 3 the day you look at them and then 299 the following day.

ManyVids Live usually only has around 100 models live at one time. Like Marti said, I think that most MV Stars don't even use MVLive. And we know there are various other ways that MV Stars can earn money outside of MVLive that people don't see. As I'd experienced in 2020, even one $100 "Make it rain!" offline tip could instantly put you on the Top 100 Ebony Earners list, depending on what other models' earnings were that day.

I didn't know this was a thing, that's cool, I thought the only ranking systems were global rank (MV Girl/boy/trans) and Live rank

There used to be a bunch of different monthly rankings. Store, Rising Star, Femdom, Fetish and a ton of others and if you ranked in the top 3 on those (and I believe the top 15 or so in the main categories like MV Girl, Boy and Trans) you would get a bonus. They stopped doing those bonuses about a year or so ago, I think, to do more contests and now it’s only the top MV Live earners who get the monthly top earner bonus.

• Helpful!
Thread has served its purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.