AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Manycam/camtwist

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PinkiePixi

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Aug 11, 2012
Purgatory
pinkiepixi.cammodels.com
Twitter Username
@pinkiepixi
MFC Username
pinkiepixi
Streamate Username
pinkiepixi
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/165388/PinkiePixi/
Clips4Sale URL
http://clips4sale.com/store/62623/pinkiepixii
HALP. So I thought all of my old issues with being unable to use manycam were due to my computer being old (4 yrs). This one is brand new though and its still not working (its a mac). If it matters, I imported everything from my old mac using that migration function they have, applications included.

With manycam I can open it up (the program itself works fine) and choose it as a video source on MFC using chrome and firefox (not safari), but the video preview part of the MFC web broadcaster stays blank/white. Is it actually broadcasting, and I just have to watch my feed on the manycam program? Kinda like how it works with SM and the encoder (your feed wont show up on SM, you have to keep the encoder open and on top to see your feed)? The only help the manycam FAQ is giving me is to make sure my flash player is up to date, and it is, I just checked.

Another alternative to manycam is camtwist. I used to use camtwist with no problems before it stopped working one day randomly (a bit over a year ago or so), I had always used it in firefox and it gave me no problems. I tried giving that another shot. Uninstalled and reinstalled firefox (both the program and the user files) and the program. The site says that it only works in 32-bit programs, so I changed my browsers (firefox and safari, chrome is already both) to open in 32-bit, restarted everything, opened camtwist first like youre supposed to - and it wont even show up as a video source on any of the browsers.

I just want to be able to watermark my feed! :crybaby: (sorry for the double post ladies! After I made it in models only I realized it would be better out here)

I am able to use ManyCam on MFC from my mac in chrome but the first day I downloaded it it would not work. I was about to start troubleshooting and googling etc... then that weekend it just randomly worked???? It has worked since.... I think maybe my computer needed a re-start or something? I always see the feed in MFC (I use browser based,obviously,mac) AND in the manycam app. I am sorry I can't be much more help.

I apologize that I don't have any helpful input for you Pinkie. I'm posting in here because it seems to be the most appropriate thread I could find for me to post my question. SOoo, thank you for starting it :)

This is a dumb n00b question :oops:, how does Manycam work? You just open it up, and then go on the site you're camming on and broadcast as usual?

Reactions: SpencerStorm
I could never get ManyCam to work on my Mac either.

A little complicated but here's my process:
I use CamTwist + iGlasses and the combo works well - without both programs I can't get a feed on MFC. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ So I set up my iGlasses with appropriate cam settings (selecting my Logitech c920 as the source and adjusting white balance, etc. from iGlasses). I then choose iGlasses as the webcam source in CamTwist and preview the webcam through CT. From there, I set CamTwist as my source on the MFC broadcaster.

Basically:
iglasses (logitech cam source and color adjustments) > camtwist (iglasses source and effects) > MFC (camtwist source)

Oh and it took me a while to get CamTwist to show up as a source on MFC but I just kept refreshing over and over and now it just remembers it I guess? It shows up as "CamTwist:????A" or something like that. I use Google Chrome.

ETA: It's a little more annoying interface than ManyCam but you can do mostly everything you could with MC with CT! Effects galore! Text! PIP! It's a pretty good program!! ALSO I had to buy iGlasses because there is only a free trial. But it's been worth it IMO.

I hope all that makes sense and is somewhat helpful!! @_@

@EdieCapone:
Once you open ManyCam you can use the program to add effects, text, etc. to your cam feed. In the MFC Model Web Broadcaster you would go to "Cam Options" (at the bottom of the page) and select ManyCam as your webcam source, instead of your cam directly. Then you can play around with effects in ManyCam and they'll show up on your feed! If you'd like I can make a little image or video tutorial for different effects that the program offers. :)

xoxo

Thank you Candy!! I think I got it, I just need to select Manycam instead of my webcam, sweet!

Reactions: candymatic
:oops: So I'm already back with a question... I was under the impression that you have to manually activate Manycam and Candy's reply confirmed that too. However, I went to take some pics using my webcam program directly and the Manycam logo appeared. I went to the Manycam window, saw that I had selected to run at start up and figured that was the problem. The watermark was still there, so I decided to uninstall the entire program.

I mainly rushed to remove it because I've been having battery problems on my laptop and figured if Manycam has been running like that, it wasn't helping my battery's life. I'm also really not too crazy about their gaudy logo having to be there whenever I want to use my webcam, even for a selfie!

So is the above what to expect when using Manycam? Unless you have the older version, or the paid version you're stuck with their watermark whenever you want to use your webcam? Just a note, I am on my built-in webcam, so perhaps that is too what is giving me problems.

Sorry if this is confusing, I'm frustrated and confused myself. Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide.

Status
Not open for further replies.