AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Manyvids.com - Sell vids, links, skype and more

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would really like to remove my profile banner or replace it with a picture of my choice.
Having giant animated closeups of my pussy accross the top of the page is visually messy and kinda obnoxious.

Jessi said:
Selling store items seems like a crummy thing to include into a girls ranking.

Its far, far more personal and involves a lot more travel outside the home than digital content. There are also shipping restrictions, not being able to rent a PO box, and privacy concerns such as a model not wanting to reveal her hometown. But a model needs to offer this in order to have a complete profile and the best possible ranking its kind of asking a lot.

It seems unfair that a model with tons of really high quality videos would get less promotion(?) than a model who offers to sell panties (etc) and maybe-not-as-great videos when thats a much more specific niche. The people who want those things will go seek them out anyway. Usually guys who aren't already into panty collecting don't buy them (unless its something from a special model/contest prize etc). It seems like making tags/ categories more prominent would serve this end better.

Offering more promotion to "jack of all trades" models doesnt necessarily mean that all your top ranked models are going to be great at all those things. Like Natalia said about texting, Im going to use myself as an example here (even though Im not currently very active on the site) I SUCK at Skype shows, one on one is awful for me. I could add it to my profile with really high prices in the hopes that no one buys one, but lets say someone does and its terrible for both of us. He's not going to be into buying more things from me and might have a bad impression of MV.

Part of why I like MFC is that I can do whatever I want, and my income/ranking is based on how good I am at that not how good I am at doing EVERYTHING. When I signed up for Manyvids, I liked it because it was straightforward, easy to use, and all I needed to do was list my videos/services and promote them.

TL;DR
Obviously this is your site and you can have whatever criteria you want for ranking models. But while we're discussing it; if in order to be ranked high enough to make money I need to offer things I can't do or that make me uncomfortable privacy-wise, I probably will not bother with the site anymore.

Sorry if that was wordy, I just want to have an awesome site to sell my videos on.

You realize that is still the case right?
Look at our #1 model. She has no store items (1 snapchat but that doesnt count), no services, and 8 vids, yet she is 1st. Why? Because she sells a lot.

As I said, you sell a lot, you pretty much will have a great rank. But for those who sell a little less, but put a big effort on having a wide range of services, lots of vids, etc, we reward them too and give them a little bit of a chance as well to become a better earner.
No matter what, we promote everyone. If you are on a Vid, and similar vids are available, as well as similar MV girls, you are promoted in that space.

Anthony

Jessi said:
I would really like to remove my profile banner or replace it with a picture of my choice.
Having giant animated closeups of my pussy across the top of the page is visually messy and kinda obnoxious.

You can edit your profile banner with a simpler preview of your choice if you like. Lots of girls have vids with only a tease vid, and they select those as their previews.

Anthony

Ann_Sulu said:
Clips4Sale does a top 50 rank for each niche then a top 50 for best selling stores...I think that might be a better alternative personally. It both comes off as fair and is pretty good promotion for each fetish category.

I mean I'm like ranked in the 50's, but for that site I honestly don't bring in that much income. The main reason why is my videos were all different types of fetishes that I was asked to make as customs (through c4s). Over there they have an easy to find category section, but on Manyvids, I often give up and just put brunette, fetish, and voyeur as my categories. Plus I don't even bother with a description there due to the character limit. I've never reached payout on Manyvids, even though I have over 100 videos and frankly I'm pretty sure that's the reason why, since I've made waaaay more on c4s. I know I'm more of a fetishy model, and Manyvids is I guess more catering towards the vanilla side, but the huge difference in pay does make me wonder if that isn't part of it.

The character limit of the description is 1000 characters (was increased from 400 a couple of weeks ago btw). We are indexed in google extremely well, and our search engine on site takes into consideration how many of those keywords appear in your description. Not adding a description is a HUGE mistake on MV, and will hinder your sales!
As for what Clips4sale does, to be honest, we don't pay that much attention. We have a young, dynamic and innovative team. This is the reason why we are the #1 fastest growing adult selling clipsite, and all this is 1 year. We are sitting just behind clips4sale at #2 worldwide in traffic. And all this by doing what we believe (and our models), is the best course of action.
Having said that, we do take your comments into consideration, and really appreciate your feedback as the voice of our MV girls is the most important thing for us.

Anthony

ManyVids said:
Ann_Sulu said:
Clips4Sale does a top 50 rank for each niche then a top 50 for best selling stores...I think that might be a better alternative personally. It both comes off as fair and is pretty good promotion for each fetish category.

I mean I'm like ranked in the 50's, but for that site I honestly don't bring in that much income. The main reason why is my videos were all different types of fetishes that I was asked to make as customs (through c4s). Over there they have an easy to find category section, but on Manyvids, I often give up and just put brunette, fetish, and voyeur as my categories. Plus I don't even bother with a description there due to the character limit. I've never reached payout on Manyvids, even though I have over 100 videos and frankly I'm pretty sure that's the reason why, since I've made waaaay more on c4s. I know I'm more of a fetishy model, and Manyvids is I guess more catering towards the vanilla side, but the huge difference in pay does make me wonder if that isn't part of it.

The character limit of the description is 1000 characters (was increased from 400 a couple of weeks ago btw). We are indexed in google extremely well, and our search engine on site takes into consideration how many of those keywords appear in your description. Not adding a description is a HUGE mistake on MV, and will hinder your sales!
As for what Clips4sale does, to be honest, we don't pay that much attention. We have a young, dynamic and innovative team. This is the reason why we are the #1 fastest growing adult selling clipsite, and all this is 1 year. We are sitting just behind clips4sale at #2 worldwide in traffic. And all this by doing what we believe (and our models), is the best course of action.
Having said that, we do take your comments into consideration, and really appreciate your feedback as the voice of our MV girls is the most important thing for us.

Anthony

Okay...I get the description thing then I guess. I hadn't messed with it for a long while since it was frustrating. If the character limit has changed though, that's fine as 1000 should be enough I think. However I don't understand how that helps with the categories since that's really what I was talking about. I mean there are categories listed, but most will likely think "Oh well I guess they don't have those videos here", and move on to c4s looking for the videos they want, since they have a very full easy to read list.

Too late to edit sorry for double post

WYNkgYy.jpg

^This is the full list of categories for MV, which is only this visible (that I know of) on the model's side after uploding a video (which is why I was too late to edit ^.^')

http://clips4sale.com/list/en/categories
^This is C4S's list which is much easy to find stuff in
Both sites have drop boxes, but a list is easier to go through when you're just horny for a particular thing and want to get off and not hunt for a particular thing. Fetish is a category, but fetish covers a LOT of things. I know many c4s categories are redundant, but when we already HAVE to pick three as a rule before uploding it would make it much simpler.

Ann_Sulu said:
Too late to edit sorry for double post

WYNkgYy.jpg

^This is the full list of categories for MV, which is only this visible (that I know of) on the model's side after uploding a video (which is why I was too late to edit ^.^')

http://clips4sale.com/list/en/categories
^This is C4S's list which is much easy to find stuff in
Both sites have drop boxes, but a list is easier to go through when you're just horny for a particular thing and want to get off and not hunt for a particular thing. Fetish is a category, but fetish covers a LOT of things. I know many c4s categories are redundant, but when we already HAVE to pick three as a rule before uploding it would make it much simpler.
I agree we are working on adding more and more categories. A lot of users are typing their fetish in the search field which is global at top of site. If you type your fetish in your description, you will appear first in the search for this fetish.
A lot of people use dropdowns, but more people will type the fetish and hit enter. Knowing this, description will be extremely important, even if we dont have that category.
There will be a big overhaul on that soon, and it is in the pipeline. But I can promise you users are typing the keyword or fetish in the vid search (according to our stats).

Anthony

ManyVids said:
SaffronBurke said:
My rank went from the low 400's up to the mid 200's with this ranking update. However, just having more videos and a full profile isn't guaranteed to bring in more sales. I currently have 83 vids, I update very frequently, I have a nearly-full profile, I upload pics frequently, I have my account synced to Twitter, and yet I have yet to make any money in the three months that I've been with Manyvids. I've had more sales with Clipvia, and I signed up for them after I had Manyvids up to date. I have videos that have sold very well elsewhere, they just don't seem to be what the Manyvids customer base is wanting.

Even with my situation being what it is, I still feel that the ranking should be focused more on income. Hypothetical example: If a girl can bring in $1000/month with only a handful of videos, she is probably driving a lot of traffic and really hustling elsewhere on the internet, and I feel that she should be rewarded over someone with 200+ videos and minimal or no sales.

The ranking to be honest is purely for models to rank themselves and have bragging rights. Most users who search for vids search for titles, tags and fetishes, recommendations, or promotion from the model herself, even google indexing of your vid descriptions, titles, etc... The score is to motivate all MV girls to be more active, and we sell more with our guidance. That is our goal. It is important to us for everyone to be happy, and we can give them that direction as we do care about all our models, not simply the top earners.
This has always been out moto, and we base a lot of our decisions on this!.

Thank you again for your feedback :)

You know how most models like to rank themselves and earn "bragging rights"? By how much money they've made. It's what drives girls on camsites to push for mega-months. It's what drives models on Clips4sale to put out more content in a single category, to watch their studio go up the ranks.

I'm frankly quite annoyed that my ranking went up without me making anything, because I don't feel like I've actually earned my rank at all.

The status update thingy didn't work for me today...is it just me or just the site updating?

I have a question! If someone buys a three month membership today, will they see just the videos that are currently uploaded, or will it also include anything I add in the next three months? Thank you!

GenXoxo said:
I have a question! If someone buys a three month membership today, will they see just the videos that are currently uploaded, or will it also include anything I add in the next three months? Thank you!

This is what it says when I click to buy a membership.

Get access to all her vids & all new vids added by the model for the period of your membership.

So I imagine it's everything there now and everything that you add within the time of their membership.

I'm looking forward to them making the update that lets us choose which videos are included! I think that will work much better for me!

SaffronBurke said:
ManyVids said:
SaffronBurke said:
My rank went from the low 400's up to the mid 200's with this ranking update. However, just having more videos and a full profile isn't guaranteed to bring in more sales. I currently have 83 vids, I update very frequently, I have a nearly-full profile, I upload pics frequently, I have my account synced to Twitter, and yet I have yet to make any money in the three months that I've been with Manyvids. I've had more sales with Clipvia, and I signed up for them after I had Manyvids up to date. I have videos that have sold very well elsewhere, they just don't seem to be what the Manyvids customer base is wanting.

Even with my situation being what it is, I still feel that the ranking should be focused more on income. Hypothetical example: If a girl can bring in $1000/month with only a handful of videos, she is probably driving a lot of traffic and really hustling elsewhere on the internet, and I feel that she should be rewarded over someone with 200+ videos and minimal or no sales.

The ranking to be honest is purely for models to rank themselves and have bragging rights. Most users who search for vids search for titles, tags and fetishes, recommendations, or promotion from the model herself, even google indexing of your vid descriptions, titles, etc... The score is to motivate all MV girls to be more active, and we sell more with our guidance. That is our goal. It is important to us for everyone to be happy, and we can give them that direction as we do care about all our models, not simply the top earners.

You know how most models like to rank themselves and earn "bragging rights"? By how much money they've made. It's what drives girls on camsites to push for mega-months. It's what drives models on Clips4sale to put out more content in a single category, to watch their studio go up the ranks.

I'm frankly quite annoyed that my ranking went up without me making anything, because I don't feel like I've actually earned my rank at all.

You get some points with activity. You uploaded 6 vids, you got some points for that, got a couple of hearts, same. Obviouisly if you dont sell you wont really improve your rank. Those who sold vids increased much more in points than you.
In the coming weeks more profiles will be complete, as a lot of models might not be aware of the change yet. Once they do complete it, unfortunately, your rank will drop a lot of you do not sell.
I would enjoy it right now, as it changes day by day. I can promise a most girls that have sold are above you in rank. If they arent, a couple of updates on their profile, and they will be 12 hours later as the score updates twice daily.

RubyDimples said:
The status update thingy didn't work for me today...is it just me or just the site updating?
Can you email support and give them the exact sentence you typed so they can reproduce? A lot of statuses did update successfully.

Anthony

Reactions: RubyDimples
ManyVids said:
Jessi said:

Look at our #1 model. She has no store items (1 snapchat but that doesnt count), no services, and 8 vids, yet she is 1st. Why? Because she sells a lot.

As I said, you sell a lot, you pretty much will have a great rank. But for those who sell a little less, but put a big effort on having a wide range of services, lots of vids, etc, we reward them too and give them a little bit of a chance as well to become a better earner.
No matter what, we promote everyone. If you are on a Vid, and similar vids are available, as well as similar MV girls, you are promoted in that space.

Anthony

Okay, my impression was that your ranking determined how much promo you would receive/your placement on the page. That would mean more opportunities to make sales.

Or are you saying that offering more services doesnt affect your score/placement? :think:

Its great that the top model has lots of sales without offering other services, but if she already had a lot of sales and promo from being on the site a while (before the scoring system was implemented), wouldn't that be different than someone new coming into the system?

Sorry Im kinda confused about how this works. It would be nice to know how much offering services other than videos affects my placement/score, because when I go into the editor, it gives the impression that my profile is incomplete or that offering services other than videos will get me more points than if I don't. That still reads as offering other services being necessary to have the best score or get enough promotion..

Edit: I think theres is some kind of glitch going on, there is a video on my profile listed as 3.99 with a random string of numbers for the title. I think its a clip from another video or something?

Jessi said:
ManyVids said:
Jessi said:

Anthony

Okay, my impression was that your ranking determined how much promo you would receive/your placement on the page. That would mean more opportunities to make sales.

Or are you saying that offering more services doesnt affect your score/placement? :think:

Its great that the top model has lots of sales without offering other services, but if she already had a lot of sales and promo from being on the site a while (before the scoring system was implemented), wouldn't that be different than someone new coming into the system?

Sorry Im kinda confused about how this works. It would be nice to know how much offering services other than videos affects my placement/score, because when I go into the editor, it gives the impression that my profile is incomplete or that offering services other than videos will get me more points than if I don't. That still reads as offering other services being necessary to have the best score or get enough promotion..

Edit: I think theres is some kind of glitch going on, there is a video on my profile listed as 3.99 with a random string of numbers for the title. I think its a clip from another video or something?

You have problably uploaded a vid, but did not save it. It is taking the DEFAULT title we attribute to it. It will only show in your edit page. If you do not need it, you can delete it.

Have you visited your Settings page to see exactly what gives what? There you will see what is still missing, and how much points you will get.

ManyVids said:
Jessi said:
ManyVids said:
Jessi said:

Anthony

You have problably uploaded a vid, but did not save it. It is taking the DEFAULT title we attribute to it. It will only show in your edit page. If you do not need it, you can delete it.

Have you visited your Settings page to see exactly what gives what? There you will see what is still missing, and how much points you will get.

I can see the points value for each, I want to second Natalia's comments about memberships and I still don't think having store items should affect our score (store SALES, sure) But thats just :twocents-02cents:

Also just a suggestion it would be nice if we could tag other MV models who are in our videos(obviously the model should get a request when this happens so she can confirm that she's actually in it and decide whether or not she wants the tag there)

Jessi said:
ManyVids said:
Jessi said:
ManyVids said:
Jessi said:

Anthony

I can see the points value for each, I want to second Natalia's comments about memberships and I still don't think having store items should affect our score (store SALES, sure) But thats just :twocents-02cents:

Also just a suggestion it would be nice if we could tag other MV models who are in our videos(obviously the model should get a request when this happens so she can confirm that she's actually in it and decide whether or not she wants the tag there)

The membership comment is already in the works, among other cool features we will addon to that.
As for the tagging, that is actually a cool idea :)

The store items doesnt have to be shipped goods. This is where you can be very creative.
You can sell Video bundles, image sets, even texting. Every girl should be able to use the store as well.
(ex: all B/G vids, or G/G vid pack. You can even select which are the vid sin the bundle, and once purchased, send them an MVlink!). :)

Anthony

Reactions: Miss_Bohemian
JerryBoBerry said:
KylieJacobs said:
ManyVids said:

Is there a way to make it easier to search videos? For example, I have a lot of balloon fetish clips uploaded to Manyvids, and when I search "balloons." It says there is 92 balloon clips on the site, and not one of them is mine.... I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but I make sure I check the "balloon" checkbox when I upload them, and have the word at least somewhere in my description or title.

That's strange. When i search for balloons i get 148 results. And you are all over the results. More than one in top row of results.

Thank you Jerry! :-D

ManyVids said:
JerryBoBerry said:
Just curious. When I went to my manyvids account to look at the video's i've bought I noticed a warning I had never seen before. Is this a new thing or has it always been there and I just never noticed?
it has always been there!

As for the Balloon search, if you blocked your region you will not see your balloon vids in the search results!

Thanks... I bet that's my problem. :woops:

edit: Thank you so much for changing the character limit to 1000!

Reactions: KayleePond and Gen
Will there ever be a way to upload multiple videos at once? And possibly queu them for release like C4S allows? I'd love to make more of my videos available but it's just so time consuming and more of a hassle to try to remember go upload 1 a day as opposed to 20 at once and set them to queu releases for the next month.

I'd really like the ability to reorder the videos on my page. This would allow me to put sales near the top, or move videos to the top that I'm advertising/pushing and likewise, move ones to the bottom I'm no longer pushing as hard.

I currently have a low quality video that I'd like to move to the bottom of my list of videos. (It was a stolen cap I put up for sale)

SexyStephXS said:
Will there ever be a way to upload multiple videos at once? And possibly queu them for release like C4S allows? I'd love to make more of my videos available but it's just so time consuming and more of a hassle to try to remember go upload 1 a day as opposed to 20 at once and set them to queu releases for the next month.

Yes we are working hard on adding multiple uploads, as well as postponing releases. C4S doesnt have to think about creating and converting vids to previews (they just have GIFs). We are working hard and will be bringing multiple uploads in the coming months.
We might add the postponed release sooner, as we do have it already in place for Custom vids uploads.

Braislee said:
I'd really like the ability to reorder the videos on my page. This would allow me to put sales near the top, or move videos to the top that I'm advertising/pushing and likewise, move ones to the bottom I'm no longer pushing as hard.

I currently have a low quality video that I'd like to move to the bottom of my list of videos. (It was a stolen cap I put up for sale)

This is also on our list. To be able to PIN some vids to the top of your list. Same for bringing category filters and sorting, exactly like the Items that have been moved to your profile!

Anthony

ManyVids said:
SexyStephXS said:

Yes we are working hard on adding multiple uploads, as well as postponing releases. C4S doesnt have to think about creating and converting vids to previews (they just have GIFs). We are working hard and will be bringing multiple uploads in the coming months.
We might add the postponed release sooner, as we do have it already in place for Custom vids uploads.
Actually Clips4sale does have previews. Most stores just disable them because of certain customer feedback. :twocents-02cents:

I want to second the idea of being able to rearrange my videos and have them queued for upload!

Also awesome would be if I could upload my own static image or gif in place of the video preview. This could allow models to get more creative in the promotion of our videos.

I also think red arrows next to models score could be a disadvantage. As a member, when I go to a girls profile and see a red down arrow, I think "thumbs down, negative feedback, bad quality" etc. Especially if I'm new and being cautious, and I dont know how those things work. It just seems to be a bad idea to automatically add what is a essentially a thumbs down to a girls profile. She might have several really high quality videos, but that thumbs down may be subconsciously swaying my opinion from a sale. The green arrows are probably fine to leave, because they read as a thumbs up, which gives a positive impression.

Thirding the option to re arrange the videos on my profile. Pinning a few at the top might be helpful but I'd prefer the option to re arrange all the videos on the profile.

A method to queue uploads for display would also save time & effort. I generally try to upload and post each video in super fast time to take advantage of the window of time when the video appears as a 'new upload' on the site. It always seems to be a battle between spending adequate time getting the screen shots, preview clip & description right and getting it completed so it spends maximum time listed as one of the new uploads. Perhaps enhancing the advertising of new videos would be helpful & might bring new customers to the girls profiles, particularly those which are less visible on the ranking page.

Jessi said:
I want to second the idea of being able to rearrange my videos and have them queued for upload!

Also awesome would be if I could upload my own static image or gif in place of the video preview. This could allow models to get more creative in the promotion of our videos.

I also think red arrows next to models score could be a disadvantage. As a member, when I go to a girls profile and see a red down arrow, I think "thumbs down, negative feedback, bad quality" etc. Especially if I'm new and being cautious, and I dont know how those things work. It just seems to be a bad idea to automatically add what is a essentially a thumbs down to a girls profile. She might have several really high quality videos, but that thumbs down may be subconsciously swaying my opinion from a sale. The green arrows are probably fine to leave, because they read as a thumbs up, which gives a positive impression.

We have removed the red arrows as you brought a great point! We left the green rows to give props for increasing. As for the static image for the vids, we fell that it will require too much work on our end to not only monitor those that are not good, and decrease the site quality, but also those that are abusive, etc... We want to make sure the screenshots reflects the video fully. We might in the future change this, but for now it would create too much overhead!
As for the rearranging the vids order on your page, this is planned in the next 2 weeks, so stay tuned!

Anthony

We are pleased to announce the new website improvements below:
  • MV girls can now rearrange the order of their Profile Vids. Visit your edit profile page and click on the actions button > reorder vids
  • New activity feed which features better Newly uploaded vids and store items
  • Newly designed Video page, including putting more emphasis on Vid descriptions.
  • MV girls can easily thank their customers from their earnings page.
  • Redesign of the add to cart/Membership buttons.

Anthony
manyvids support
http://www.manyvids.com

I like MV so far it promotes well and brings traffic to you. There's are different options to add things to sell other than just videos. It will tweet when you upload something if you want them to. I don't have many videos up but I have sold a few fairly quickly

Reactions: ManyVids
A few things that I've noticed that annoyed me a bit:
- (minor nitpick) after a purchase, the cart is not emptied like the majority of other sites
- whenever I go to the checkout phase and have videos from a model that has a Fund option, it offers me the Fund option with a fixed value that I can't easily change.
- still on the topic of funds - whenever I go to contribute to a fund, it wont let me add it to the cart instead making me go through the whole checkout phase directly. Why not let me add it to my cart and then have to type my credit card information only once?

Status
Not open for further replies.