AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Member IP Tracing Models To Find Location?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: I'd ask how is he supposed to find your IP address? :?

Model software connects you to MFC server. The server will basically take your stream, and then distribute as required using their bandwidth. How? Dunno, never looked into it.
The user/member connects to MFC and only sees it coming from the MFC server. It won't pass on the models details, it is likely working on different servers (distributing the load for the same job across multiple servers).

Why not direct stream from the model? Because if the model was uploading a stream to every member watching her, she'd need a connection akin to that of a data centre...

So it's MFC servers that should receive the models single stream, and then send copies of it out to all connected to the room (along with text etc).

Now maybe there's something in the packages themselves - that I don't know, haven't looked at the packets incoming/outgoing and to be quite frank, at this time, wouldn't know where to start - it's not something I'm personally familiar with. However, even with the IP address - you're a long way from it being anything "useful".

Hostname: xxxxxx.bsh-bng-012.adsl.virginmedia.net
ISP: Virgin Media
Organization: Virgin Media
Proxy: None detected
Type: Broadband
Assignment: Dynamic IP
Blacklist:
Geolocation Information
State/Region: Nottingham
City: Nottingham
Latitude: 52.9667
Longitude: -1.1667

Nottingham is over 50 miles from my actual location, Birmingham (that's as the crow flies). Two entirely different cities. Did I blank my IP up there? Yes, I did. Why? Simply because it's dynamic and it's irrelevant - in other words, disconnect my router and I'll have a different one upon reconnection.

Using a better tool it gets me as Birmingham... but that's it. Looking on the map, it's a still a few miles away (a local virgin media server?).

So, he can't find your house, or even your street, from your IP address. The only way to do that would be to know your IP address and then get a court order to get the physical address from the Internet Service Provider you use...

So, I'd treat it as some bullshit rumour started by someone making claims and educated guesses unless some substantial evidence comes to light :)
Most models can be found by silly things - sharing an email that links to facebook for instance - which is far more serious than the general "city you are in". Maybe (since US has districts?) he's managed to narrow it down to a district and that's why it seems scary? Through MFC? I doubt it - maybe through skype, or messenger or something to get IP - yes. I dunno :D

:cool:

It all depends on the ISP on how accurate a trace would be. Some ISPs you can actually track down to a neighborhood or city. If you use a public wifi or any type of wireless service connection, the information found from the IP could be a lot more accurate.

Ever go to a website and have an ad listing dating services with girls from your town? Some of that could be from cookies on your computers, but it could also be from information gathered about your IP address.

That being said, you still need some sort of direct link to capture the IP address (something like a direct file transfer). I think AOL uses a direct transfer for files, not sure about skype, yahoo or any other messaging system.

Zoomer said:
The user/member connects to MFC and only sees it coming from the MFC server. It won't pass on the models details, it is likely working on different servers (distributing the load for the same job across multiple servers).
This is also why I believe some people get a bad feed from a model's cam and some don't. Among those many servers that the model's feed is spread across, there may be a couple that just aren't working as smoothly as others. Thus me always telling people "It's not me, I think you're just connected to a bad server".

Also, as far as a member being able to get a model's IP, it could be something like he posts a link for a model to click on, say a forum... and watches the IP logs and just assumes that the most recent one that just plinked on there is the girl he sent the link to.

So, ladies as a general rule of thumb, don't go visiting/clicking on links if you don't know the person sending it to you.

But again, as the folks above state, IP doesn't necessarily give the person anything material to go off of. It's not really something to be super freaked out about, just cautious if you don't want the IP getting out.

whether it's a rumor or not, i'm VERY honest and tell everyone details about my male roommate's height, weight and strength. :) i also go into detail about the guns, bats and various knives we own. XD

AmberCutie said:
Also, as far as a member being able to get a model's IP, it could be something like he posts a link for a model to click on, say a forum... and watches the IP logs and just assumes that the most recent one that just plinked on there is the girl he sent the link to

Excellent point :D

I can read the logs of my own site and see where people have come from - the refer link (this forum, or google - what pages they go to, IP address, browser info etc).

As someone said - if you're using an open Wifi spot it may be different - never thought of that either (as in public access) :D Don't use that in the UK as it isn't exactly safe imo!

blackxrose said:
whether it's a rumor or not, i'm VERY honest and tell everyone details about my male roommate's height, weight and strength. :) i also go into detail about the guns, bats and various knives we own. XD
What about dogs? :p

A normal MFC packet for the model info was shown here. All the info sent by MFC is just the info set by the model. The field country is the country SHE chose to be her country, not her real country. There is no info on her IP. It would be a privacy issue and also it is irrelevant to estabilish the connection with her chat room.

And as Zoomer said, knowing the IP won't give you the exact place where the model lives. Only her ISP knows this info and they only give it away if you have a court order.

AmberCutie said:
Also, as far as a member being able to get a model's IP, it could be something like he posts a link for a model to click on, say a forum... and watches the IP logs and just assumes that the most recent one that just plinked on there is the girl he sent the link to.
One guy once told me that he was sending e-mails to models with a blank image hosted on his server and this way getting the model IP. The best way to avoid this is to turn off the auto-load of images on e-mails.

Zoomer said:
I doubt it - maybe through skype, or messenger or something to get IP - yes. I dunno
I don't know about skype, but few years ago it was possible to get the IP on MSN/Yahoo because it was a peer to peer connection. I think they changed how this works.

Kchrpm said:
There's a post making its way around Twitter saying that a member named kanrihan88 is using an IP tracer to find model locations. Anyone know the guy or how this may have started? The first tweet I see is from JordanaBrew earlier this afternoon. Either way, models beware.

http://twitter.com/#!/JordanaBrew/statu ... 5004837888

This guy is a douche nozzle, he's a rampant group/private recorder and uploader and generally unsavory character.

AmberCutie said:
Zoomer said:
But again, as the folks above state, IP doesn't necessarily give the person anything material to go off of. It's not really something to be super freaked out about, just cautious if you don't want the IP getting out.

Super-freaked - no. It can be an information leak though.
Especially if you have an IP that persists for a long time, then sometimes googling the IP will reveal some log entries from websites, or forums.
This can be gone from to username - then read the users posts - and get more info - ...

AmberCutie said:
This is also why I believe some people get a bad feed from a model's cam and some don't. Among those many servers that the model's feed is spread across, there may be a couple that just aren't working as smoothly as others. Thus me always telling people "It's not me, I think you're just connected to a bad server".

So you think if a user is having a bad feed from a model they might get a better one if they log out and log back in? Or maybe use a different browser? I wonder if a shift-reload or F5 would do the trick.

I sent the model who started the panic telling people to ban him a tweet explaining the whole IP thing and that she was just being trolled, but she never replied. >_>

I bet she's the real troll, using a simple trick to fool those who don't know shit about computers to put hate on the guy who "stalked" her.

AlexLady said:
I sent the model who started the panic telling people to ban him a tweet explaining the whole IP thing and that she was just being trolled, but she never replied. >_>

I bet she's the real troll, using a simple trick to fool those who don't know shit about computers to put hate on the guy who "stalked" her.
If you're referring to Jordana (AleahJasmine) she's not really the "omg im gonna troll u so hard" type.

Could also be that he just googled her or something related to her and found it from that.

Status
Not open for further replies.