AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Members behaving badly

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some members blatently go around with large sums of tokens showing deliberately because they want special attention and never tip more than small amounts. They enjoy the feeling of making it clear to models how many tokens they have, I wonder if they ever tip more than a few of these tokens or they just enjoy how keeping all the tokens showing gets them extra attention and don't ever tip anyone. I think this is behaving badly. If you have a large amount of tokens, don't go and sit in rooms/start conversations with models with them showing. A model seeing you have 50k tokens sat there in your account without tipping her anything is just cruel. It's like waving a really big bone in front of a dog, teasing the dog with it and then taking it away.

krukstyle said:
zippypinhead said:
AmberCutie said:

I'll take this as a response to my post, so I'll ask: am I missing some nuance to the interaction, here? Is "what can you give me for this much?" somehow not allowed? Or does asking obligate a purchase? Or is it the fact that he stuck around after refusing the offer? Was his earlier tip somehow nullified by the knowledge of what he possessed, and his welcome overstayed?

I'm at a loss, so please elaborate.

I know you're not looking for my response here, but I felt inclined to at least give my take on it--so--I apologize in advance...

While the guy has certainly done a nice thing by tipping the initial 600 tokens, bringing light to the fact that he has 3000 tokens which he is possibly willing to tip for some "mystery package" seems rather rude. The member has the tokens, is allowing the model to see said tokens, and is implying that he would like to tip these tokens for "something," that not even he knows about.

This guy then proceeds to silently watch the model struggle through an entire countdown, which she is unable to reach--she still does the show--and this fellow who has made his vast amount of tokens very apparent, fails to contribute at all.

Now personally, I have no idea what one should "get" for a large chunk of tokens--it seemed like the offered "something" was pretty generous--but perhaps it wasn't what the member was looking for. The model, however, even went as far as asking the dude what he wanted to which he responded that he didn't know. Why even make such an offer if you have no idea what exactly it would take for the transaction to occur? I can understand the guy maybe having second thoughts--but it just seems terribly rude to sit in the model's room the entire next day--watching her struggle through a countdown without even making some type of contribution to the room.

Obviously this member is under no legal or moral obligation to tip tokens just because he has them, but it seems in terribly bad taste to talk up your pile of tokens and then proceed to lurk without tipping. If he was so put off by the offer as to not want to tip at all, he should've simply spent his time elsewhere. Personally I think the whole idea of saying things like "I have XXX tokens, what can I get?" is pretty ridiculous in the first place. If you like what a model and/or what she is doing, tip to show your appreciation. If you want content or whatever else from a model, ask her for a price--or check out the ones she already has set. While I guess vague/ambiguous bartering could lead to a successful transaction, it seems like it is putting necessary and unwarranted pressure on the model whom the member is supposedly trying to appreciate/help out. :twocents-02cents:

Kruk elaborated, so I won't add too much, but yes, my reply was a passive aggressive response to your comment that made me cringe. I know it may be hard to understand since you've never been in a cam girl's shoes, but what happened wasn't a simple negotiation or transaction possibility. It most definitely was worded in a way (by the member) that was made to entice the cam girl into giving him special attention and treatment. "Hey little kid, I have lots of candy, if you pay attention to me, you *might* just get some! Here get into my van... "

Ok, that quote was a little creepier than it needed to be, but I'm sure you see my point. A member is absolutely free to ask what we have for sale, what the content packages might be for the high tip competition, what shows are on the docket for the next topic countdown... but to announce the amount of tokens before hand is essentially dangling it in our face, and is worsened by the fact that he didn't even know what he wanted even after she offered him a HUGE content deal (basically the moon on a silver platter).

And I know you fixated on the fact she called him an asshole, but the point was that had he not had that interaction with her about the 3000 tokens, he'd still be "that awesome sweet guy who tipped 600" but instead she was left with a bad taste in her mouth from him. A good feeling was ruined by a feeling of dissatisfaction.

zippypinhead said:
JoleneBrody said:
Nice new fella tips about 600 tokens to finish a countdown (awesome!!!!), responds to my thank you pm and SLF member info with "I've been lurking for a long time sorry, I always enjoy your shows. What could I get for 3,000 tokens?"
He had them showing, seemed sincere and that was exactly what I was short for my goal I was about to log off without.
I offered him all if my videos AND an extra perk I wouldn't normally include since I wasn't doing another show that night.
His response, "oh ok, I'll think about it" to which I responded "well maybe better for me to ask what you want?"
Him: "I don't really know actually!"
And no tip... Not only that but he then sat silently in my room the next day and watched me struggle to complete a 3,000 tok countdown before I just ate about 1000 tokens and did the show anyway. I was very tempted to ban him before I started.

He was the super sweet new guy who tipped me 600 tok, and became the jerk who dangled 3,000 in my face just to see how high I would jump.

So yeah, unless you already have it set to tip a model anyway and are just curious what extra perks will come, don't ask what a big tip will get you if there is a chance you may not do it. I would rather him be the sweet guy that tipped me 600 in my head than the jerk I can't help but view him as now, especially after the following night.

Somehow, now that you know what he has available, he's under some obligation to tip you further, or else he's "dangling" his tokens in front of you? Seems to me, he let you know what he had to spend because it was imperative to the negotiation. When your offer didn't meet his expectations, the negotiation ended, and that was that. Business concluded. Seems like wanting to ban a guy because you know how much isn't spending on you is kind of overreaction.
I'll go ahead and respond since I really feel like you missed the entire point of my post.
The fact that he had his tokens showing was only brought up as a reason why, when combined with his very sincere chat I took him a bit more seriously than I should have. It was not the fact that his tokens were showing that I felt he offered them, it's because he typed words to me offering them with a mindset of "how high will you jump". THAT is dangling them. That's rude, especially considering I gave him SLF for his tip that finished the show count because I am a giver. He didn't know he would get extra and was honestly surprised by it when I told him, SLF gave him a very high quality exclusive desktop and exclusive video.
Banning him may have been an overreaction but I only thought about banning him... I was frustrated at the number of people watching my couple of regs widdle down the count and offering zero help to complete it.
My point in that statement was an example of how he has now presented himself to me has left him in a negative light in my mind forever and until he completes his offer (yes it was very much an offer IMO) this will remain, where as had he just taken a second to look around at my profile or maybe just you know, decided what he was actually interested in, he would still be up on that pedestal... tokens showing or not. In fact he has been in my room every single show, the entire show since... silent and has now watched me complete multiple shows for less than goal because this last week has been a tad slow.
If you know me or anything about me at all, it is very easy to figure out exactly what I offer. Between my profile and the football field size whiteboard behind me and my topic, it aint hard.
I am in no way entitled to anyone's tokens just because they have them and the only reason I know he had them is because in a PM window, MFC auto populates the info. I felt entitled to them because he offered them, he presented it in a 'I've watched you for a long time and I want to give you these but now, because of your previous unexpected generosity I'm curious what other goodies I may also get to enjoy' kind of way.

I will be genuinely surprised if you don't understand how this is rude,

JoleneBrody said:
I'll go ahead and respond since I really feel like you missed the entire point of my post.
The fact that he had his tokens showing was only brought up as a reason why, when combined with his very sincere chat I took him a bit more seriously than I should have. It was not the fact that his tokens were showing that I felt he offered them, it's because he typed words to me offering them with a mindset of "how high will you jump". THAT is dangling them. That's rude, especially considering I gave him SLF for his tip that finished the show count because I am a giver. He didn't know he would get extra and was honestly surprised by it when I told him, SLF gave him a very high quality exclusive desktop and exclusive video.
Banning him may have been an overreaction but I only thought about banning him... I was frustrated at the number of people watching my couple of regs widdle down the count and offering zero help to complete it.
My point in that statement was an example of how he has now presented himself to me has left him in a negative light in my mind forever and until he completes his offer (yes it was very much an offer IMO) this will remain, where as had he just taken a second to look around at my profile or maybe just you know, decided what he was actually interested in, he would still be up on that pedestal... tokens showing or not. In fact he has been in my room every single show, the entire show since... silent and has now watched me complete multiple shows for less than goal because this last week has been a tad slow.
If you know me or anything about me at all, it is very easy to figure out exactly what I offer. Between my profile and the football field size whiteboard behind me and my topic, it aint hard.
I am in no way entitled to anyone's tokens just because they have them and the only reason I know he had them is because in a PM window, MFC auto populates the info. I felt entitled to them because he offered them, he presented it in a 'I've watched you for a long time and I want to give you these but now, because of your previous unexpected generosity I'm curious what other goodies I may also get to enjoy' kind of way.

Just curious, has this fella returned to your room since this occurrence?

mutantdonut said:
JoleneBrody said:

I think she said he's been there consistently for every show since.

SexyStephXS said:
mutantdonut said:
JoleneBrody said:

I think she said he's been there consistently for every show since.
She is correct-a-mundo

Some of you ladies make a splendid living at this. But it becomes clearer and clearer as time moves along that it at times can be an extremely tough and trying way to do so. My hat, if I had one, would be off to you. I'm not just trying to curry favor here. I sincerely feel that you're purposely made to jump through hoops -- as do we all in some fashion, I suppose -- by some members for the tokens they bestow. I suspect that makes some truly "just because" tips with no strings attached all the sweeter -- and I hope some of those flow your way in the near future. Just because.

zippypinhead said:
JoleneBrody said:
Nice new fella tips about 600 tokens to finish a countdown (awesome!!!!), responds to my thank you pm and SLF member info with "I've been lurking for a long time sorry, I always enjoy your shows. What could I get for 3,000 tokens?"
He had them showing, seemed sincere and that was exactly what I was short for my goal I was about to log off without.
I offered him all if my videos AND an extra perk I wouldn't normally include since I wasn't doing another show that night.
His response, "oh ok, I'll think about it" to which I responded "well maybe better for me to ask what you want?"
And no tip... Not only that but he then sat silently in my room the next day and watched me struggle to complete a 3,000 tok countdown before I just ate about 1000 tokens and did the show anyway. I was very tempted to ban him before I started.

He was the super sweet new guy who tipped me 600 tok, and became the jerk who dangled 3,000 in my face just to see how high I would jump.

So yeah, unless you already have it set to tip a model anyway and are just curious what extra perks will come, don't ask what a big tip will get you if there is a chance you may not do it. I would rather him be the sweet guy that tipped me 600 in my head than the jerk I can't help but view him as now, especially after the following night.

Somehow, now that you know what he has available, he's under some obligation to tip you further, or else he's "dangling" his tokens in front of you? Seems to me, he let you know what he had to spend because it was imperative to the negotiation. When your offer didn't meet his expectations, the negotiation ended, and that was that. Business concluded. Seems like wanting to ban a guy because you know how much isn't spending on you is kind of overreaction.

Without knowing exactly what was going through the guy's head at the time of the conversation, it's hard to conclude whether he was actively trying to be a dick or not, but given the way he communicated his "offer", I can definitely see why it might have upset JJ.

From the member's perspective, he's enjoyed a model's shows for a while now so decides to give her a really generous 600 token tip. He then asks what content the model has for sale and also mentions the amount of tokens he has left. Maybe he mentions this number so the model knows what he can afford to buy and what he can't, maybe he mentions this number to be a dick. Either way, he eventually leaves without spending any more tokens, maybe because nothing was offered to him that he wanted to buy that day, maybe because he had no intention of spending any more tokens and just wanted to be a dick.

The 'dick' theory goes against the 600 token tip he'd just laid down but is supported by the fact that even when asked what he wanted for the 3000 tokens, he claimed not to know. Which begs the question, why did he ask what his 3000 tokens would get him in the first place? Maybe he decided he wasn't interested in the content aready offered and when asked what he would like, he was too afraid to ask. Maybe he wanted some fetish content that, when it came down to it, he was too shy to enquire about. Maybe he was hoping that the tokens he had would be enough for the model's phone number and when that wasn't offered, he felt awkward just asking for it. Or maybe he was just being a dick.

From the model's perspective though, things are much more black and white. The model was asked what content she had for sale for 3000 tokens. She told the member what content she had and even offered a bonus incentive that she generally didn't offer. When she was told that the member didn't want any of that, she asked what she could offer in return for those 3000 tokens that the member was seemingly lookng to spend. She was told that the member "didn't know". The model is essentially being told "hey, I have 3000 tokens that I'd like to spend but I don't feel like any of the content you've offered is worth that amount and there's nothing I can think of right now that you could concievably offer that would convince me to part with my tokens." And then to make matters worse, that same member comes back the next day to watch a show - probably with those same 3000 tokens sitting in his account - and doesn't even part with 10 of them.

I don't think there's any way a model could not take that personally, and all of it could have been avoided had the member just thought to phrase their question with a little more tact. Maybe the member set out to be a dick, maybe they were just being ignorant, but either way, JJ has every right to be annoyed by the whole situation :twocents-02cents:

PunkInDrublic said:
AmberCutie said:
When a member makes a big deal about how a sweet (and sometimes rather large) tip was "just because" or "to make you smile" or a gift for a big event... then they turn around days/weeks later and ask for something in return for the tip.

That's behaving badly, even though it's pretty subtle.
I sometimes see members say things like "I can't tip today but I tipped x amount yesterday/last week". Mentioning prior tips always seems tacky to me. Mentioning them and asking for something at a later date? Wow I wouldn't even call it subtle.

And related to this, the guy who comes in your room begging, and when asked to tip, says, "Hey, I tip plenty on MFC"! BUT YOU HAVEN'T TIPPED THIS MODEL, SO STFU! :woops:

JoleneBrody said:

I'm sorry to say, but this still sounds to me like a lot of miscommunication, and not a guy who is trying to lord his wealth over you or otherwise be manipulative or dickish. I understand your point of view, now, but I still don't agree with your conclusion -- at least not based on how you've presented this scenario. An inquiry is simply not the same thing as an offer.

ComicOzzie said:
And related to this, the guy who comes in your room begging, and when asked to tip, says, "Hey, I tip plenty on MFC"! BUT YOU HAVEN'T TIPPED THIS MODEL, SO STFU! :woops:
The other night someone felt the need to tell me that he's tipped other models a lot on the site and accumulated a lot of reward points, and I said that his number of reward points don't mean dick to me when he's not spending anything in my room...while sitting there interrogating me about the number of White guys I've fucked. :woops:

zippypinhead said:
JoleneBrody said:

I'm sorry to say, but this still sounds to me like a lot of miscommunication, and not a guy who is trying to lord his wealth over you or otherwise be manipulative or dickish. I understand your point of view, now, but I still don't agree with your conclusion -- at least not based on how you've presented this scenario. An inquiry is simply not the same thing as an offer.
I feel like you are nitpicking the communication down to as bare a stub as you possibly can for some strange reason, not sure why.
Just because someone didn't intend an action doesn't make the action less real when it happens. I'll agree, he probably didn't mean to be dickish, and if I thought the dick move was intentionally dick like I would have done more than just think about banning him, because I have ZERO place in my world for manipulative bastards no matter how much they've spent but the way the conversation went down was still bad form and is something I think all members could maybe take something away from. If nothing on a models profile, white board, topic or ya know... your screen looks of interest to you but you have a large chunk of tokens you would like to spend "on something" either know specifically what you want and ask if she offers it WITHOUT mentioning how many tokens you have or continue your search for the holy smutty grail elsewhere.

IMO there are very few things on MFC that warrant any sort of negotiation. If you find yourself negotiating, you are not doing it right.
Again, this is my opinion based on how I very clearly run my room and anyone who has spent more than one show in there should be able to easily conclude as I do not keep my expectations of my viewers a secret.

I do not take requests, even for tips. I do not take privates except a select few who I've known for a very long time. I offer the world to my tippers and will often (even in this case) send things a member didn't even ask for while counting everything towards my countdowns.

I have no room for negotiation. There is nothing to negotiate. I am what I am and I offer what I offer very clearly and generously... but since this seems to be hard to understand, here is the chat... if you still don't understand my annoyance then I don't know what to say...
I feel the way I feel and you have no right to tell me my feelings are wrong, I am a person and they are mine. Now if I had actually banned him or treated him in any way... maybe... but these are nothing more than my emotions and I am entitled to them... based on the response though I can't help but notice you seem to be the only one who feels the way you do.

If you often find yourself alone it may be time to sniff your armpits. :cool:
Edit: Screw it, I removed the chat archive because... yeah. I should have to defend my feelings.

zippypinhead said:
JoleneBrody said:

Would you go up to an artist's booth at say a convention, buy a print, and then ask "what can I get for 300?" And then if the artist offers a print of everything they have at the booth, which is worth more than 300, and even something that's behind the counter and not displayed, instead of buying them, hanging out with them and admiring for several hours all of the prints you're not going to buy, even though you have the money, and even though you're getting a deal? What did they want, a fucking blowjob on top? It's insulting. Why even ask? Everything for sale is right fucking there. Use your damn eyes for fuck's sake. Not to mention the question itself is pretty tactless.

bobdylan78: Chatting with me about doing a skype show for 45 mins, getting me to leave my count down show on MFC because you said that you were going to pay me $400, and then not following through after you realized that no matter how much you tried, that I still wasn't going to start the show until I saw that the payment went through on my payoneer account (thus, hustling me into giving u a free skype show)

or

ny_bobby: "Bought" something off of my Amazon wishlist (just to be nice), then canceled the order before it shiped and got his money back.

BOTH ARE VERY CRUEL THINGS TO DO!!!

JoleneBrody said:

This is why I keep my tokens hidden, I have no idea how I could tell a friend my tokens had to last all week when she was struggling. I do not see how it can lead to anything, but hurt feelings.

On an unrelated note, I have been accused of behaving badly before by more than one model. When I had an idea for something fun I would offer models I liked tokens to do it, but this led to them accusing me of trying to control them with money when they got mad at me for other things. I thought I was offering tokens for a request, but enough people disagreed with me about that on the forum that I try not to do it anymore. Has anyone else tried to reform their evil ways?

VeronicaChaos said:
zippypinhead said:
JoleneBrody said:

Would you go up to an artist's booth at say a convention, buy a print, and then ask "what can I get for 300?" And then if the artist offers a print of everything they have at the booth, which is worth more than 300, and even something that's behind the counter and not displayed, instead of buying them, hanging out with them and admiring for several hours all of the prints you're not going to buy, even though you have the money, and even though you're getting a deal? What did they want, a fucking blowjob on top? It's insulting. Why even ask? Everything for sale is right fucking there. Use your damn eyes for fuck's sake. Not to mention the question itself is pretty tactless.

I'm one of those guys manning the booth. Don't fool yourself; it happens. OFTEN. It happens at art fairs. It really happens at comic conventions. Maybe that's why I don't see this as a matter to be too concerned about. After so many years of dealing with this sort of interaction, I'm jaded to it. I understand that it goes with the business of working in a competitive market. People pull this shit all the time. Yes, it's tactless, and it is annoying, but there is an incredible amount of people out there who don't know any better, on both sides of the table. Their real crime is that they're ignorant and uncouth, and that's likely to never change, so one gets used to it.

I suppose that questioning the way Jolene feels about such an interaction is what has turned me into the asshole in this thread. All I can say is that I'm also entitled to feel the way I do, based upon my own experiences, even if I happen to go against everyone else. I'm not one to kowtow to popular opinion, simply because it's popular. I see a lot of parallels between the work that cam models do and the work I've been doing for the entirety of my adult life. As such, my experiences are obviously going to color my take on these discussions. I'm an artist who regularly loses at the money game. Being treated like shit by unaware buyers is my milieu. I am not successful enough to be pissed off by every guy who comes up with a $20 bill clearly visible in his hand as he looks through my work and chats with me, only to walk away with that $20 fully intact. It's too common an occurrence. I suppose it's the good fortune of Jolene and most of the rest of the ACF models that this is such an uncommon occurrence that it does get under their skin. It means that you all live in a world where the transactions are generally straightforward and positive.

But I guess that's the trap that I take issue with, here. The money is not yours until it is in your hands. It does no good to treat those tokens as money lost because they were never yours, whether he showed them to you or not. In the meantime, since you've treated it as money lost, it has caused you to dismiss the 600 tokens that were gained. It's ultimately your choice to treat him as the guy who was nice enough to give you 600 tokens or as the guy who withheld 3000 tokens. I think it's wise of you, Jolene, to mitigate negotiations as much as possible, but in this case, you found yourself in a negotiation, whether you want to identify it as such or not. He inquired, you made an offer, he refused the offer and gave no counter. That was a negotiation. It was a shitty negotiation, to be sure, but it was a negotiation never the less. It was also your choice to put the onus of that interaction on him, but you willingly participated. You could easily have said, "check the board, check my profile, do a little math, and get back to me." But you didn't.

You broke your own rule, and you got burned for it. It's not his fault you made concessions. He didn't ask for them. If this is your first interaction with the guy, how is he supposed to know that you're bending the rules for his sake? You had expected too much from this guy, and when he failed to meet those expectations -- even though he was never informed of what those expectations were -- it's his fault. Even though YOU didn't stick to your guns, it's his fault. He's "dangling" tokens in your face and freeloading while you struggle to meet your goals. I just don't see that as playing fair, or at least, you had your part in this, for which you are not taking full responsibility as a seller. Yes, you are entitled to feel the sting of disappointment in a failed deal, but no, I do not believe you are entitled to foist all the blame his way, and color him as some sort of a "bad" member, not when he had come into the situation on good terms and you played your part. If you give the advantage, people will gladly take it. You can continue to approach this as an emotional issue and feel raw about it, or you can shrug it off as a lesson learned in the dirty business of doing business.

Now, I don't expect for anyone here to agree with what I've just written. I don't expect that I'll be taken as anything more than the smelly asshole that I already seem to be for my dissent. I just thought that I should better define where I'm coming from in this, so that you all know that I'm not trying to troll you. As I'd already stated, I understand where Jolene is coming from, but I do not agree with her conclusions. Yes, you are entitled to your feelings on this. However, it has been my experience, as a person who has undertaken to do business in a market that trades personal expressions on the cheap, the further you can distance yourself from emotion when making a deal, the less disappointed you'll be when it doesn't go through.

That's all I got. I won't be back to this thread, so feel free to tear on into me.

I'm not gonna explain why zippy's longwinded post about Jolene being at fault is so blatantly wrong, because it's pretty clear that someone is just feeling obstinate and has a stubborn need to be right.

Here's what I will say: Don't be That Guy who tells a camgirl how she should be running her business, then gets angry when she disagrees with you. This is one of the things that drives camgirls crazy. No matter how much time you spend on cam sites, no matter how much you think you know about how it works, no matter how good your intentions, no matter what kind of business experience you have in your own life, giving a camgirl unsolicited business advice is a great way to buy a nonstop express ticket to You'reAnAssholeVille. If you're not a camgirl, then don't tell camgirls how to feel, or how to conduct their transactions and business operations. (Hell, even if you are a camgirl don't tell camgirls how to feel.)

Ironic that this is happening in the Members Behaving Badly thread.

I'd also like to underscore the general current of "Don't try to negotiate on MFC." It's not a flea market, so don't treat it like one. I can't explain how infuriating it is for someone to tip, then ask for something I'm not selling. And don't pretend to be GoodGuyReg, say your tip is just because you're being sweet, and then ask for content or special treatment based on that tip. It forever turns you into AssholeReg. Let me show you what happens from the model side:

Member: *nice tip without a tip note, or with a tip note that says "just because"*
Me: Oh wow, thank you so much! :D
Member: You're welcome, now what can I get for that?
Me: :| (In my head I now think you're a manipulative asshole who's trying to play on my emotions and good graces. I am not obligated to give you anything. If you wanted to buy something, put it in your tip note.)
-or-
Member: You're welcome. Now I'd like xyz special treatment and thing you're not offering, or thing you've said you don't do.
Me: :angry4: No. (Now I hate you forever, and will probably ban you soon. Spending tokens doesn't make you immune from excommunication from a model's room. If you want to be able to enjoy her company, then act like a gentleman.)

Camgirls sometimes give special treatment to guys who are nice to them. Tokens aren't a guarantee for anything, and while we may offer extras in appreciation for a nice tip, tokens certainly don't guarantee that we'll give a member extras. Members more often earn special treatment by their behavior, not their money. I appreciate my best regulars because they tip for things I'm offering, drop tips for no reason other than to see me smile, listen to me, never try to manipulate me, and never push me for extras.

I'm not sure I have ever fought the urge to say "fuck you" so hard in my entire life.

I'm sorry Amber.

Don't coach me on life without an invite, I will destroy your soul. :angry4:

The initial situation didn't really even upset me, just a minor annoyance... I JUST wanted to contribute to the minor annoyance thread that is ABOUT examples of bad behavior. I'm sorry I didn't post ponies, especially since zippy agrees with and understand why I felt annoyed but STILL NEEDED TO ARGUE AND ACT LIKE A SUPERIOR HASDFGHJK!

You have officially won the most annoying interaction I've ever had, award. Congrats.

I'll make sure to chime in and coach you on how to emotionally function and conduct your business if I see you in need. I'm basically an expert at being you.

JoleneBrody said:
I'm not sure I have ever fought the urge to say "fuck you" so hard in my entire life.

I'm sorry Amber.

Don't coach me on life without an invite, I will destroy your soul. :angry4:

The initial situation didn't really even upset me, just a minor annoyance... I JUST wanted to contribute to the minor annoyance thread that is ABOUT examples of bad behavior. I'm sorry I didn't post ponies, especially since zippy agrees with and understand why I felt annoyed but STILL NEEDED TO ARGUE AND ACT LIKE A SUPERIOR HASDFGHJK!

You have officially won the most annoying interaction I've ever had, award. Congrats.

I'll make sure to chime in and coach you on how to emotionally function and conduct your business if I see you in need. I'm basically an expert at being you.
I understand your frustration, don't apologize for being mad! I think the biggest irritation here IS that he knows how you feel, but felt the need to tell you your feelings were wrong.

"You're dumb for feeling the way you did about this situation that happens all the time, you should be used to it. But since you aren't used to it, I'll tell you that you're fortunate to have this problem, so STFU and feel lucky."

An example of members misbehaving: When a model says something that upset her that another member did and rather than just being sympathetic or quietly disagreeing going "You're wrong, the member wasn't at fault" and trying to argue that she's wrong to be upset by a situation.

This goes for life in general. If someone repeats a bad experience, especially one that they've been especially upset by, if you're not actually the person or weren't there, and aren't a personal friend, then it's not your place to try telling them that they're wrong to feel that way. Maybe the person over reacted, maybe they didn't, but sometimes people just need to have a vent, and yes, people do get upset by these things, it's not a crime. What isn't a nice thing to do is rub salt in someone's wound.

Honestly Zippy, whether your conclusion of the situation is right or not, it's irrelevant, you're being a dick by being so forceful with your opinion. I don't want to sound really harsh, but you pushing your opinion on the matter means sod all, you weren't there, you're not a model so you cannot know how a model would feel in this situation, if it's a situation that regularly hurts people's feelings then it's a dickish move whether you feel the person doing it is in the right or not, and whether it happens all the time or not. Why you seem determined to make Jolene feel even worse about this situation I really have no idea. But jesus, get a grip, she's not talking about you! You're defending some random stranger you don't know!

This isn't a thread on "let's argue about what behaviour is acceptable or not", or "over reacting models" or even "un-disputed evil things members do" it's member behaving badly, and in my book, if a member does something that upsets a model this much, then it is behaving badly. You may not be upset by this situation, but you're not the model so it doesn't matter how you'd react. As a model I know I'd also be upset by this situation, so no, I don't think Jolene is over reacting. I do think that members often don't really realise that we're real women rather than fictitious computerised beings made for male enjoyment, and I think because of this many members can say some extremely insensitive things. I think also many men are just shit with women, so yes, this is a situation that if you were talking to a man about it, he might not be upset or insulted by the members behaviour.

If members can't handle a thread that's based on experiences models have had where members have been behaving in a way they don't think is acceptable, then rather than criticising model's experiences it's probably better that you avoid this thread. It's pretty cool that Jolene opened up about this in public to give you guys a look in to one of the experiences she felt wasn't ok, she was sharing a story, not opening it up for criticism and discussion.

Just saw this thread and thought maybe I can help explain JJ's point of view to Zippy. :dontknow:

Forget about the 600 tip, that was a gesture from guilt for past lurking... done, over with. Slate is wiped clean.

Member then asks what he can get for 3K tokens and a generous offer was made, apparently not to the satisfaction of said member. Shitty thing to do on his part without any idea of what he's looking for, but chalk it up to ignorance or whatever and shake it off as business frustration because you can't please everybody.

The really douchebag behavior now commences when the member continues to enjoy all her shows without contibuting in any way, shape or form, yet obviously has the means to do so. The member IS now dangling his tokens in a completely dickhead manner by freeloading in her room while JJ struggles to meet her show goals.

Said member is saying (by his silence and non-tipping) that her initial offer was not good enough for his tokens, in his mind, but neither were any of the numerous shows he's obviously watched since.

Personally, I'd have banned the asshat after the second show of non-tipping.

:twocents-02cents:

:love5:
Thank you ladies.

I want to add something here and many people who actually know me well are already very familiar.

I'm not a fantasy. I'm not afraid to demand my expectations openly and show my vulnerable side for the greater good of perv kind. I have nothing to lose by being honest because I don't have fantasy walls I'm afraid of knocking down. My friends on MFC know this and know me and are rarely surprised by my actions. I'm extremely lucky in this realm and I am determined to give back with honesty and experiences that will help others have a greater understanding of things in the cam world as a whole. Lot's of those people will never return to my room, but they may treat the next girl who fits them better, with more respect and have an overall better perving experience and understanding.
I'm JJ, I am who I am and I'll tell you like it is. I don't wait for something to make me seriously angry to express my feelings anymore, I nip that shit in the bud before it becomes more than a very slight annoyance so that hopefully all parties involved can actually move forward comfortably.

Like it or not Zippy, it's truth that applies to most and an experience that every member can learn and take away from to create and maintain a better cam world. I don't need an advice on how to manage or control my emotions in business, I AM my business and I will only be doing damage to the industry by pretending to be anything but myself, Jolene the human.

I would like to give a bit of perspective on JJ's situation.

First, you have every right to feel badly on it. I'm a very forgetful person, especially when it comes to bad situations. When I was younger, I had a lot of bad situations that I couldn't control happen to me, so I learned how to forget them and move on. "Forgive and forget" is very literal to me. So, while what I'm about to say could help with not feeling bad about that day, it probably wouldn't help with the fact that he's sitting there watching you every day. For me, I probably wouldn't even notice that part.

I'm am not so good at selling myself. I know this. I'm also not comfortable with starting at a token amount and coming up with things to do for that amount. So instead, I do things the other way. I say "I want to do ___, I will accept ___ for it". If someone asks me "how much will I get for ___" I ask them "what are you looking to buy?" or I point them to my tip menu and content pages on my website. Then I forget about them unless they actually tip. The downside to this method is that I usually then have to ask what they wanted, even if they actually told me what they wanted. The upshot, is that it's very very rare that I get upset by a member not giving me money.

The other thing I do is completely ignore the token amount they have showing. Very rarely will I look at it. If it feels like they're trying to get special treatment for being a high roller, well, eventually the fact that I'm clueless about how many tokens or reward points frustrates them and they leave. I keep treating them how I treat them based on how they act regardless of how many tokens and or points they have, because I don't look at it. If someone's expecting a red carpet from me, they will be disappointed.

Sometimes I'll look at it if I actually catch on to the fact that they expect me to treat them like royalty (I'm not so good at social cues), though honestly there's no point because they'll just get banned either way. It's just that I'm curious what they think is "high". Sometimes it gives me a private laugh (they want the red carpet just because they have 4,000 points but no tokens? Really?).

Sometimes I'll look at it if they ask about private and things they say lead me to suspect it will be really fucking quick. (I had one guy ask what I can do in a whole minute of private. Turned out he had 250 tokens showing, and I somehow managed to get 272 out of him. O.O) I give them the "well, I can cut the teasing a bit, but teasing helps me cum faster. Fastest I've ever cum is 60 seconds, but usually it's between 3 and 7 minutes. I don't fake it though, so I don't guarantee orgasm." Sometimes, it turns out they just wanted a closeup, in which case, sure.

I guess my point here is to not take it personally. They're just another member to you, well, you're just another camgirl to them. It's not a feel-good sentiment, I know, but it's true. Most of the guys don't care about your personal life, and most of them only care about your feelings to the point of not wanting to make you cry. They don't want to upset you, but they're not there to make you happy. They are not there to serve you. Yes, it's right and good to expect money for services rendered, but if you haven't rendered any service to them specifically, they don't need to give you any money.

One of my contributions to the web browser was an ability to hide the whole room list. (Seriously, I told them about the bug that when I hid the sections but it went empty and a new person came in, it would be unhidden again, and that I would really just like to be able to hide the whole list, and lo and behold, we can hide the whole list!) If seeing people in your room day after day without paying you or even talking to you is a problem, hide the list.

Yes, it is a dick move to talk about your money and then not decide on anything, but it happens in real life too. Shit, at fairs I keep my money hidden, but maybe I should wear a sign saying "I'm probably not going to buy anything, but only because I can't afford it." Because I hate going past, seeing things that I really like, and not being able to afford them. And the worst is seeing the hope in the artist's eyes when it's been slow, and having to leave without giving them anything.

Being a writer, I can say that the artist's work is a baring of their soul. So while people online not paying anything are rejecting my body and personality, the people who reject my writing are rejecting my soul. I can deal with them not liking my personality, everybody has people they don't get along with for no real reason at all. I can deal with them not liking my body, that's just a vessel for my real self. But when they ask about my work, and act like they might actually buy it, then not, they have just rejected the real me.

As I said, you're entitled to feel badly about it. And it is something shitty for members to do. But there's ways to protect yourself from it.

If I may add my own :twocents-02cents: , but with an interesting twist. And this is something that I'm starting to see from both new members and some regulars. My point being...members who forget about what it is that they are actually tipping for! And yes, this kind of goes along with JJ's recent situation.

While hanging out in JJ's room recently, I noticed that some of her regular members started asking her questions about why she hasn't been doing some of the old shows that she's well known for. Anyone who's known JJ for a lengthy period of time has probably seen a projector show, or one of her famous "door jamb" shows, at least once. These were only part of the cool and unique things that have made her pretty well known, and very successful, as a cam model.

On this particular night, JJ was offering specials on video packages. Then, out of the blue, a regular asked her in public chat why it was that she hadn't been doing any of the aforementioned types of shows. JJ answered politely, in so many words, "Because I've changed the way I do my shows, and I have goals that I need to meet." This apparently wasn't a good enough answer for the regular and he pressed her for what he felt was a "better explanation." This eventually killed the vibe in the room. By now, I bet most of you reading this are probably saying, "Geez! What a douche-knuckle move! Who does the reg think he/she, is?" Who was this regular, you ask? Well....you're looking at him! Yep! That's right! It was me!

Afterwards, JJ and I exchanged PM's and If I may paraphrase (this was a private convo, after all) JJ basically reminded me that "Dude, it's okay! I know what I'm doing. You seem to have forgotten this!" Frankly, I was embarrassed because JJ was completely right. As one of her regulars, I'd forgotten what I was truly hanging out for. That being, to support a friend by showing my appreciation for being entertained, through tipping! I wasn't proud of my behaviour that night. I've chastised many a troll and doucher on this very forum, for doing this very type of thing! Thankfully, JJ handled the whole thing with a lot of class and professionalism. And we were both able to stop the situation from turning into a very bad one, by simply clarifying what could be best classified, as simple misunderstandings. I immediately apologized. And guess what??? We're still friends, and I still love to hang out in her room!

I'm not admitting this to everyone to get brownie points with JJ, or any other model to whom I'm a regular. I'm admitting this because I hope that some new and regular members can learn from my mistake. As members, we sometimes forget that when everything else is boiled down, first and foremost, we are tipping to be entertained. I'd forgotten that, with JJ. If you're not purchasing a model's content or merchandise, then the polite and respectful thing to do is to show your appreciation for her entertainment, by tipping! Pure and simple! If you don't like the type of show she's putting on, move along! If you do, then tip...any amount!

***To Zippy.... what JJ has tried to explain to you is that this is her business. How JJ conducts her business should be no concern of ours. I'd forgotten about that, and I'd like to think that I've learned my lesson. The member in question tipped her. That's great. And even though we have a right to use our tokens as we see fit, it still isn't a very cool thing to sit back in a model's room and watch her struggle, when one has the means to help by at least tipping something! JJ obviously negotiated a special offer to this member. He didn't like it, and didn't accept. Again, that was his right to do so. But by coming back to her room several times afterwards, and not tipping with the tokens that he still has, shows that he's a manipulator. Which isn't right. And honestly, it's a bit creepy and disturbing. And JJ, as a business owner, has the right to put out the best possible "product" that she can offer, at a price that she sees fit. We're not tipping for friendship or special treatment. We're tipping for entertainment. Can you blame JJ for being upset, and maybe even having her feelings hurt, in the process? If this member is no longer entertained by the show JJ is putting on, then he should leave. It'd be better for everyone, in the long run.

**Edit...while some my see my remarks as being a "white knight", it's not my intention. This was something I felt I had to share. I appreciate everyone's understanding in this.

JerryBoBerry said:
Douchebag members who wait for the model to get offline before posting a torrent link with all her videos.
Meoff's post right before this one mentions White Knights, and that reminded me of the other part of this.

The day before I mentioned the linking of videos someone in a room did just that. (why it was fresh in my mind)

The model in question had been on cam most of the afternoon. She had done a sybian show, then took a short break and got back on cam. Used a nice sized dildo for over an hour non-stop. Then after getting to a certain count did another sybian show. All the while she's selling 37 videos for 150 tokens, OR her two newest videos for 33 tokens. Needless to say she was selling non-stop for that price.

Right after she logged off the asshat posted the link. I called him on it telling him that was a douche move. Then comes the other 'member behaving badly' moment. I get called on it by another guy and accused of being a White Knight. As if that magically dismisses anyone trying to do the decent thing against assholes.

Here's a model who had been in public for hours doing several shows and selling videos at around 4 tokens each. There's no way cheap people could even BEGIN to say she's too expensive or greedy for tokens. And the person who complains about someone ripping off the model like that gets put down by people??? What the fuck is wrong with these assholes? Seriously!

So add 'people calling other people White Knights as a way to get out of having basic decency towards other people' to the list.

Yeah, calling someone a white knight as a put down, when all they've done is the right thing reminds me of how often in the last few years I hear people shriek "quit being so PC!" when all the man or woman has done is called out a douche for saying something extremely offensive to anyone with decency.

While in both cases there are people who are obsessive, and find fault with everything done or said, these usages are now used as denial cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.