AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Members behaving badly

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"White knight" "Token whore"
They have both gotten completely out of control in the ways they are used. Now a "white knight" is apparently any decent human being and a "token whore" is any girl who actually expects to get paid for her job and isn't afraid to actually say it.

How the fuck did this happen?

So unless you're an obnoxious blabbering troll face who doesn't tip, or a hobby cammer who is 'just here for funsies and maybe some tokies will be cool but no biggie' you are a 'White Knight' or a 'Token Whore'.

When I started these two terms were used to describe people who's actions were destructive to the community as a whole. "white knights" who spammed their favorite models in the lounges, attacked trolls on behalf of the model in an embarrassing fashion that only hurt the model in the process.
"token whores" who would literally do anything for a buck, willing to throw away any type of standards just to make that jingle... including illegal activities.

JerryBoBerry said:
The model in question had been on cam most of the afternoon. She had done a sybian show, then took a short break and got back on cam. Used a nice sized dildo for over an hour non-stop. Then after getting to a certain count did another sybian show. All the while she's selling 37 videos for 150 tokens, OR her two newest videos for 33 tokens. Needless to say she was selling non-stop for that price.

Right after she logged off the asshat posted the link. I called him on it telling him that was a douche move. Then comes the other 'member behaving badly' moment. I get called on it by another guy and accused of being a White Knight. As if that magically dismisses anyone trying to do the decent thing against assholes.

Here's a model who had been in public for hours doing several shows and selling videos at around 4 tokens each. There's no way cheap people could even BEGIN to say she's too expensive or greedy for tokens. And the person who complains about someone ripping off the model like that gets put down by people??? What the fuck is wrong with these assholes? Seriously!

So add 'people calling other people White Knights as a way to get out of having basic decency towards other people' to the list.
This is one of the reasons I dislike the fact that an MFC model's room stays open even after she's logged off. I know that a lot of people like that feature, but I don't.

I'm with you, Jerry, on the whole white knight thing. Sometimes a douche just needs to be called out on douchey behavior. And just because you happen to be a decent human being, you get labeled a "white knight." SMH. Also, it sucks that in this particular situation, you'd have to provide the model with a screenshot to prove that a member did this...since it happened in her room while she's offline.

The amount of trolls on MFC lately is pitiful. Comments like "Eeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwww, your black!" (Nah, bitch, I'm White with an unbelievable tan...*rolls eyes*) from idiots who need to brag on their profiles about stuff that's probably false information.

yummybrownfox said:
This is one of the reasons I dislike the fact that an MFC model's room stays open even after she's logged off. I know that a lot of people like that feature, but I don't.

I'm with you, Jerry, on the whole white knight thing. Sometimes a douche just needs to be called out on douchey behavior. And just because you happen to be a decent human being, you get labeled a "white knight." SMH. Also, it sucks that in this particular situation, you'd have to provide the model with a screenshot to prove that a member did this...since it happened in her room while she's offline.

The amount of trolls on MFC lately is pitiful. Comments like "Eeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwww, your black!" (Nah, bitch, I'm White with an unbelievable tan...*rolls eyes*) from idiots who need to brag on their profiles about stuff that's probably false information.

I understand other cam sites have a feature that allows models to allocate moderators to their favorite regulars. Unfortunately, MFC is lacking on this feature. Had Jerry been a mod, i'd imagine that asshole would have been exiled in a heartbeat. Has MFC ever thought about implementing this feature? I can see so many benefits for models and members alike to have a mod-members feature.

mutantdonut said:
yummybrownfox said:

I understand other cam sites have a feature that allows models to allocate moderators to their favorite regulars. Unfortunately, MFC is lacking on this feature. Had Jerry been a mod, i'd imagine that asshole would have been exiled in a heartbeat. Has MFC ever thought about implementing this feature? I can see so many benefits for models and members alike to have a mod-members feature.
I'll be honest, I hope not. I think it's one of the community destroyers on CB.

JoleneBrody said:
mutantdonut said:
yummybrownfox said:

fair enough

JoleneBrody said:
mutantdonut said:
yummybrownfox said:

I will mod for a model I think of as a friend, but it can be a lot of work when you are trying to relax, even though models make it look easy. Also I am never sure how much of an asshole I should let someone be, before silencing them. I hope MFC never copies that feature.

JoleneBrody said:
I wouldn't want to use that feature either. Something that a member (my moderator) dislikes might be something that doesn't bother me, and I can't have a member kicking/banning potential tippers all willy nilly just because he has issues with them.

yummybrownfox said:
JoleneBrody said:
I wouldn't want to use that feature either. Something that a member (my moderator) dislikes might be something that doesn't bother me, and I can't have a member kicking/banning potential tippers all willy nilly just because he has issues with them.
Exactly. It would destroy the personal touch...and make a room look like a strip club with bouncers all over, intimidating members. Much as we (members) probably have all wanted such power, it would hurt more than help. I can also imagine two members fighting with the model over who gets to be a moderator. lol "I've tipped more!" "No, I have!" "STFU!" "You first dickface!" lol

On MFC, I even find it kind of off-putting when models allow members to act as their "PR Agents" and answer questions for her.

Nordling said:
yummybrownfox said:
JoleneBrody said:
Exactly. It would destroy the personal touch...and make a room look like a strip club with bouncers all over, intimidating members. Much as we (members) probably have all wanted such power, it would hurt more than help. I can also imagine two members fighting with the model over who gets to be a moderator. lol "I've tipped more!" "No, I have!" "STFU!" "You first dickface!" lol

On MFC, I even find it kind of off-putting when models allow members to act as their "PR Agents" and answer questions for her.

Yeah I don't like that either.... sometimes I ask people to do it when some asshat clearly doesn't have sound, or if it's a question about my videos, like the types of files, that I have forgotten what the answer is. And sometimes regulars will answer if I've answered several times and the person clearly hasn't registered. I think that's ok, but I hate it when regulars start answering every question before I get the chance to do it. It's useful for members to keep track of things like the countdown or other things, I have a regular who I trust who often does things like this, or will post the 5/10 minute timer up when I ask him because I have no idea what it is, that is bloody useful, but I wouldn't want him or anyone else to be a "pa" of any sort, he's just a mate hanging out in my room who sometimes helps me with things when asked or when I clearly need a bit of extra help.

Even him and other members often get insulted and annoyed by certain things members do, which personally I wouldn't ban them for. Plus, I often get really arsey messages from dudes who've been banned, I just couldn't have someone there upping those bans that I can't even explain. I also think it'd be very easy for a member to get over excited and get a power trip and become a troll themselves. I've seen in the past models giving members special treatment and suddenly that member thinking they're somehow above other members and will get automatic special treatment from me. I could imagine these dudes would run wild if they could mod their models room, and would quite likely start acting up in other models rooms. As much as I trust several of my members, I still don't know them personally, and even if I did, it's very hard to really know a person and know how they're going to react in certain situations.

I'm just going to add what I said in the above paragraph to the "members behaving badly" situation.

Members who've met/helped out other models for various reason expecting they've suddenly been given the green light and ever model is going to want to meet them.
There's a dude who's not a regular in my room, though he clearly visits quite a few of the UK girls, he knows me through another UK girl who he's met in real life so he could take care of her dog. Very nice thing to do, and it's cool that she trusted him enough. I still have barely spoken to him, then another UK girl apparently got him to take care of her dog when she went away... he turns up in my room boasting about it, posting pictures of him and girls he's met, all in my public chat. He then tips me about 300 tokens, he'd been on my friendslist for a few months yet had never tipped me, but was there because of the mutual model friend. He starts sending me quite a few pm's, I'm in the public room, so am dancing and stuff, so answer a few messages I've read with smiley faces as I cannot fully respond, but to show I've read them.

He starts moaning in public chat of my lack of attention in pm. I explain that I do most of my pm chatting while I'm not on cam as when I'm on cam I like to focus in the public room. He takes this as that we're suddenly going to have off site interaction, he asks me how we're going to do the interaction, over the phone, Skype? And when I explained I meant just over Mfc while I'm not on cam, he acted really disappointed.... dude had only tipped me 300 tokens in total... But the way he was acting seemed like he expected I'd jump to meet him because he'd met two other cam models! I mean cool, good for him, but it didn't change that to me he's a vague acquaintance on a camsite. I never mentioned it to either of the girls, but I couldn't help but wonder if they knew that in meeting him he'd suddenly started acting like he had some sort of special place in the camworld where he was above the usual rules of camming, and was actually really rude and disruptive in my public chat.

Since then I don't think I've seen him back in my room, and he's definitely not tipped again, I guess maybe he was upset that I wasn't going to be having a load of phone chats with him.... Or he just doesn't like me much. Even so, he was bad enough that several members sent me pm's asking what was going on, that pretty much NEVER happens. I mean posting pictures of yourself and a model in another model's room?! Not only does no one care, but that is just SO not cool! I may be friends with the girl, but she's still a "competitor" and I'm trying to work!

Nordling said:
yummybrownfox said:
JoleneBrody said:

As someone who's primary site is cb I HATE the mod option and rarely have one no matter how high my room count gets. It's annoying, obnoxious and ridiculous. There is one guy who goes around saying he was voted "mod of the year" [uhhmm ?] and intimidates girls by saying they're not running their room correctly and they need a good mod to get them tips. It just creates a hostile environment for everyone.

Carmita Bonita said:
There is one guy who goes around saying he was voted "mod of the year" [uhhmm ?] and intimidates girls by saying they're not running their room correctly and they need a good mod to get them tips. It just creates a hostile environment for everyone.

Yup, that's what every camgirl needs! Some dude who's watched camgirls for a while yet has never done our job telling a load of girls how to cam and acting all important/trying to lord his power over everyone. Problem with that kind of thing, is the kinds of guys who'd make good mods would be the dudes who don't want to be, and then it'd be a strain on their viewing experience.

Carmita Bonita said:
Nordling said:
yummybrownfox said:
JoleneBrody said:

As someone who's primary site is cb I HATE the mod option and rarely have one no matter how high my room count gets. It's annoying, obnoxious and ridiculous. There is one guy who goes around saying he was voted "mod of the year" [uhhmm ?] and intimidates girls by saying they're not running their room correctly and they need a good mod to get them tips. It just creates a hostile environment for everyone.

Hey, everybody knows that behind every good cam girl is a great mod! Without the mod doing all the important stuff like getting rid of potential paying customers because they don't like the look of their avatar while the model does all that trivial stuff like selling her shows and videos, keeping potentially hundreds of members entertained, marketing herself and fucking herself; where would cam girls be?? I'll tell you where: on the last page in the bottom row! All of them! Just look at MFC, where they don't allow mods. Even the top models only stand to earn around $50k a month... ... ... wait :?

Also, am I the only member who would really rather not be asked to be a mod? I can't think of many things I'd want to do less on MFC. MFC time is like relaxation time for me, ya know? Especially when I've spent all day at work. It's an hour or two where I can just sit back with a beer or three and be entertained by lovely ladies in various stages of undress and talk about bollocks and not have to worry about the real world. Introducing what essentially amounts to unpaid work into the equation just makes it that little bit less enticing and I have no desire to ruin a good thing, yo.

Isabella_deL said:
Carmita Bonita said:
... the kinds of guys who'd make good mods would be the dudes who don't want to be, and then it'd be a strain on their viewing experience.

Very astute point that gets right to the heart of the matter.

And as far as the viewing experience goes, I want and expect the room to be the model's room -- not some mod's who may or may not embark on a power trip. Part of a successful model's appeal to me is that she does control the room. I don't know how in the hell they do it, but they do. As someone above pointed out, they make it look easy. And it has to be anything but easy. Performing, engaging, sorting through and participating in several conversations at once, keeping things civil, making everyone feel part of the experience, etc. It sounds like help actually might be called for, but the good ones don't seem to need it. And, in my opinion, a mod is certainly not the answer. I want my only focus to be on the model.

pg240 said:
Isabella_deL said:
Carmita Bonita said:
... the kinds of guys who'd make good mods would be the dudes who don't want to be, and then it'd be a strain on their viewing experience.

Very astute point that gets right to the heart of the matter.

And as far as the viewing experience goes, I want and expect the room to be the model's room -- not some mod's who may or may not embark on a power trip. Part of a successful model's appeal to me is that she does control the room. I don't know how in the hell they do it, but they do. As someone above pointed out, they make it look easy. And it has to be anything but easy. Performing, engaging, sorting through and participating in several conversations at once, keeping things civil, making everyone feel part of the experience, etc. It sounds like help actually might be called for, but the good ones don't seem to need it. And, in my opinion, a mod is certainly not the answer. I want my only focus to be on the model.
I've only been on MFC for the most part so I haven't had to deal with moderator's. But I'm just imagining situations where I'm telling an in-joke to the lady and maybe a mod misinterprets it because he wasn't there the day something happened i'm referencing. So he bans me. Or for any other reason i can't think of right now. If that did happen I'd probably be so annoyed I wouldn't go back to that room ever again.

I can't see how the benefits of moderators outweigh the down sides.

See, I wouldn't want a mod to be able to ban people for me. I'd want a mod to be able to mark the member somehow for me to then take a look at what that member said and decide if I should ban him. Would be a bonus if when the moderator hits the alert button, it would send the model a message with the last 5 things the member in question said, along with anything said between, and a "should (member name) be banned?" with a big yes and no button.

Also, I think modding is kinda like ruling in a way- the best mods will be the ones who don't want to do it, and the ones who actually want the job are the ones who should never under any circumstances have it.

Lastly, I think it sucks that mods are just members that a model decides. I could see a system where the model can have real-life friends sign up under special accounts to be a mod for her room specifically, and can't use that account for anything except moderating for that specific model. That would let a model have her s/o be a mod if they're the sort of couple to want that kind of thing. I mean, moderating a room is WORK, and the members are there to relax, not work!

So yeah, those are my thoughts on the modding things.

Can you imagine the drama between members this would cause? Member 1 is a moderator in the model's room. Member 1 kicks Member 2. Later, they meet again in another room, where Member 1 is no longer a moderator, and they are forced to hang out together despite their dislike of each other. In such a community driven environment, it just seems like it would cause a lot of awkward moments.

Status
Not open for further replies.