AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Members in Public Chat

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

trotskyleon

Banhammered
Apr 19, 2013
I have been in a few model's room and basically no one chats. And if basics arent muted, then they are the only ones chatting. Like right now I am in a room, 136 ppl (81 guests who r muted ithink, 30 premiums, rest are basics), only the basics are chatting. The premiums just say hi, how r u and then thats it!

I dont get it! :think: Like sure you need to fap, but you can take break to say something at least..

Like often I am the only one chatting..along with the basics.. which would be boring I think for the model just chatting to one dude..

Thoughts??

Its the same in group. or much worse. Of the 3 in group..i am the only one saying something..or occasionally someone will chat if they have a request.

It's pretty simple really.. most members think that if they're talking to the model and taking her time then they should be tipping her too. If they have no tokens then they're just going to stay quiet. Of course there are models who prefer you to chat even if you can't tip but there are also ones who don't want you to even say hello if you aren't planning on spending money.

Basics have no expectation to tip so they don't feel this pressure..

:)

BooyaaS said:
It's pretty simple really.. most members think that if they're talking to the model and taking her time then they should be tipping her too. If they have no tokens then they're just going to stay quiet. Of course there are models who prefer you to chat even if you can't tip but there are also ones who don't want you to even say hello if you aren't planning on spending money.

Basics have no expectation to tip so they don't feel this pressure..

soo.. noone tips and noone chats - thats no fun.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Attachments

• Aliens.jpg
    Aliens.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 446
When I watch models from my premium account, I often don't want to chat because I don't want to get involved.

Having been a model for a year and a half, I find it frustrating when I'm talking to a member that suddenly disappears for no reason. I also feel frustrated if this guy is the ONLY person who is talking, and then he leaves me high and dry.

As a member, I feel awkward when I am the only person who is talking, because I feel obligated to talk to the model and guilty if I want to leave, because I don't want her to be put in a situation that I find to be uncomfortable when I am on cam.

So to circumvent this, I often avoid talking to models altogether.

So ladies, how do we fix this?

Everyone agrees - lots of people chatting makes rooms more fun right?

How do we change the culture that says "no tokens no chatting!"

(when it should really be "no tokens no requesting things or monopolizing attention away from tippers")

I recently had to hit up some old wonderful regs that I KNOW are less able to tip these days and be like "yo my room has been taken over my trolly douches! I'd LOVE if you came back and chatted! NO TIPS NEEDED just please come chat if you are free"

I talked to about 10-20 guys that had faded away over the past few months.
They almost all came in and chatted. Some tipped but most just hung out and chatted and we had awesome conversations and the conversations generated NEW tippers for me becuse my room was a fun place and I was a happy model.

The end.

I really value a fun chatting environment in my room. I'm more likely to stay on longer. If I am just staring at the screen periodically asking questions and no one is responding I feel like an idiot. I want to shout are you even listening to me or sitting in here until you get a free show?!

I have some members PM apologizing for not having money to tip and that they are going to leave my room because they feel bad. I always tell them that is not necessary that I enjoy their company.

I know some people do not like when basics talk, but that is how I run my room. I have a few guys who have been frequenting my room since I started last year and are basics for various personal reasons. They always contribute respectful, insightful, or amusing conversation. Also and most importantly basics are potential customers. I have had a handful of guys go premium after hanging out in my room because they were able to talk and interact with me.

Sorry I have this thing about sticking up for some of my awesome basic guys :)

ComicOzzie said:
I am one of those members who really feels uncomfortable spending much time talking in a model's room when I do not have any tokens. I definitely talk much more after I have dropped a tip, even if it was only 10 tokens.

I'm the same way. Recent circumstances have made it almost impossible for me to purchase tokens, so now I'll usually just say hello & chat for a few minutes, then log off.
I don't normally contribute to chat if my "Hello" isn't acknowledged. Sometimes there's a lot of conversation going on in a room. I get that. It's hard to say hello when there are 50+ members all taking at the same time. But I've also seen a lot of quieter rooms, where the model isn't even paying any attention to her chat, and then wonders why there's never anyone around. Most MFC members - including myself - don't seem to be into the whole being ignored fetish. :lol:

There are so many variations that I have doubts that any set of chat room rules set by a model could solve all the possible issues.

Example: I don't like chatting in a room in which the existing chat consists of dick emotes, "mmmmm"'s, and apparent mental patients demanding the model perform humanly impossible acts. I do love sarcasm--even in the latter example, if the model handles the insanity with a combination of sarcasm and bans, I tend to hang around. lol

Lolli, I don't think there is anything you can do on the model end to fix it.

I'm just guessing, but think from the above posts I may be on to something, but the members who actually give a shit feel bad about hanging out and taking up time without tipping. The so called "trolly douches" will espouse incessant nonsense and are probably the one's you wish would just STFU and leave.

Quite the catch 22.

Personally, I very rarely even log onto MFC if I don't have the ability to tip. And yeah, I have had models say that it's OK if I can't tip, come hang out anyway. But I always end up feeling like a douche. And to be quite honest, it is just not near as fun for me if I can't tip. Maybe that's just me, but my input anyway.

PlayboyMegan said:
What if a model asks the room to talk? Will you? If its REALLY dead, I'll straight out ask for a conversation. Sometimes I get one nice guy to say hello.

If the model asks the room to talk, maybe , maybe not.

Caveat for the following: I know some members abhor this, I am speaking only for myself.

If you were to acknowledge me by name, I would respond. Your initial engagement would set the tone for my response.A generic "Hey Rogue, how's it going?" is going to get a generic response.

On the other hand, and I will give a specific example of a first encounter with a model whose room I now frequent. After a couple of minutes in her room, surveying things, she says "Hello RogueWarrior. And what are we fighting for tonight?"

That lends itself to conversation.

But I'm just answering personally. Everyone is different.

RogueWarrior said:
PlayboyMegan said:
What if a model asks the room to talk? Will you? If its REALLY dead, I'll straight out ask for a conversation. Sometimes I get one nice guy to say hello.

Caveat for the following: I know some members abhor this, I am speaking only for myself.

If you were to acknowledge me by name, I would respond. Your initial engagement would set the tone for my response.A generic "Hey Rogue, how's it going?" is going to get a generic response.

On the other hand, and I will give a specific example of a first encounter with a model whose room I now frequent. After a couple of minutes in her room, surveying things, she says "Hello RogueWarrior. And what are we fighting for tonight?"

See the problem with calling guys out by name is I have SHY members... and i don't always know who is shy and who isn't. Sometimes, when i say their names, they RUN.

Example: Guy drops 6000tks.
I scream!!!!! Then ask him a flurry of questions about what he wants for the tip and stuff he gets...
no response!

Im like
wtf.

5 mins later he pms me hes like "i get so nervous when i drop a big tip i hit tip and run out of the room! I heard you scream but I couldn't quite bring myself to come back!"

I thought it was the SWEETEST cutest thing ever lol.

Rogue give the lady a chance and say hello. If she doesn't engage back in a way you like then go quiet or go away.. but...

If you are a member reading this thread who tends not to like to talk for the reason that you feel you have no tokens, consider it THIS way:

TALKING can positively contribute to a models room. It's BETTER than rating and admiring shit on profiles. It's better than following on twitter and stuff. It helps us SELL our chat, and attract tippers. If ou CANT tip and want to HELP a model make the (FREE) effort to say hello and engage us in some conversation.

We really Really APPRECIATE it.

** there are rare exceptions where there are models that dont think you should be talking in thier (usually very quiet) rooms without tokens and will ban you. I would suggest checking profile first, but then I think those models are dumb cunts, and when they ban you (and all your future tips) they are kinda digging their own graves... .

PlayboyMegan said:

Yep. I'm usually the one that starts talking right away in a room. About the only time I really don't like to talk is in the crowded rooms where there's just too much chat and the model is missing half of it as is. No real way to carry on an actual conversation then it seems. So it just gets aggravating to try.

PlayboyMegan said:

What's funny is if a model is really boring (no interaction at all...no music on...texting on her phone), guys have no problem posting things like "Hello? Why won't you talk? Do something. You're boring." LOL.

A different model could be just the opposite...all smiles and trying to interact with the room, and she winds up getting *crickets*.

RogueWarrior said:
PlayboyMegan said:

Agree, although either example is fine with me...because neither is anything but a courteous hello...it's just that one contained a bit of humor.

The call out I hate is "hru bb wut r u lookin 4?" This isn't asking for a hello, or a possible rejoinder to humor but instead, is asking for a commitment . . . not to mention the hideous grammar, spelling and everything. :)

Nordling said:
RogueWarrior said:
PlayboyMegan said:

Agree, although either example is fine with me...because neither is anything but a courteous hello...it's just that one contained a bit of humor.

The call out I hate is "hru bb wut r u lookin 4?" This isn't asking for a hello, or a possible rejoinder to humor but instead, is asking for a commitment . . . not to mention the hideous grammar, spelling and everything. :)

Oh yes, I agree wholeheartedly with the last sentence. That's an entirlely different discussion. I was only responding to Megan's question about the room talking. I prefer to be acknowledged. Some don't. Either example I provided is good with me. Just the latter lends to more conversation was all I was getting at. :)

Miss_Lollipop said:
RogueWarrior said:
PlayboyMegan said:

See the problem with calling guys out by name is I have SHY members... and i don't always know who is shy and who isn't. Sometimes, when i say their names, they RUN.

Example: Guy drops 6000tks.
I scream!!!!! Then ask him a flurry of questions about what he wants for the tip and stuff he gets...
no response!

Im like
wtf.

5 mins later he pms me hes like "i get so nervous when i drop a big tip i hit tip and run out of the room! I heard you scream but I couldn't quite bring myself to come back!"

I thought it was the SWEETEST cutest thing ever lol.

Rogue give the lady a chance and say hello. If she doesn't engage back in a way you like then go quiet or go away.. but...

I bolded an italicized the part I'm responding to.

I do exactly what you have stated. If I have been in a room for a couple of minutes and have concluded that I may want to hang out for a while, I do say "Hello". No response, I'm out. If I get a response, then, yay. Let's see where it goes from there.

Now, to expound on the erest of the post:

I know some members will slink off at the mere acknowledgement that they are in the room. I was only speaking for myself. If a model "calls me out" I am most likely going to respond, unless, of course, it's something like Nordling said. But if it's an innocous greeting with no implications, then I'm in.

Sometimes, I may make the first move, other times not. Depends on the situation, room, room count, model......lots of variables.

Then again, I've never accused of being normal.

I'm not prepared to let the models off the hook for this sort of thing. I'm a guy who likes to go to a model's room and chat there. If I don't feel like chatting, I can just hang in the Lounge and turn off the inane drivel of lounge chat. I have been to too many rooms where the model is the reason I'm not sticking around to talk. Just being there isn't enough to keep the interest of type of guy who likes conversation. If all you're getting is the silent type, chances are, you're playing a part in that through your demeanor or the way you're occupying yourself. If I come into a room, say "hello" or respond to you, then go check your profile, and don't get anything back from you in the time it takes for me to scroll through your message wall, I'm not going to believe you're worth my time or my thoughts. That may be a bit blunt, but it happens way too often. The fact of the matter is that the women who have rooms that are hopping tend to have cultivated that atmosphere, and the women who have rooms that are silent as a mausoleum tend to have also cultivated that atmosphere. There's enough of us guys who spend their time actively seeking to chat up pretty girls in the public room that it should take up the slack for whatever army of shy or monosyllabic gents might be roaming around. It's easier for the silent types to just stick to the walls and the grunting types to grunt than for the chatty types to be convinced to chat. It's the model's job to do the convincing.

As for solutions, I find that giving people a reason to respond without putting them on the spot is best. Let members pick songs to play without charging them. Have a game that everyone can chime in on, even if they don't buy turns. The point is giving people and opening without making them feel singled out. Even putting something in the room topic something more than just how many tokens it'll take to see you naked is something, an in for guys like me to break the ice.

Reactions: WickedTouch
zippypinhead said:
I'm not prepared to let the models off the hook for this sort of thing. I'm a guy who likes to go to a model's room and chat there. If I don't feel like chatting, I can just hang in the Lounge and turn off the inane drivel of lounge chat. I have been to too many rooms where the model is the reason I'm not sticking around to talk. Just being there isn't enough to keep the interest of type of guy who likes conversation. If all you're getting is the silent type, chances are, you're playing a part in that through your demeanor or the way you're occupying yourself. If I come into a room, say "hello" or respond to you, then go check your profile, and don't get anything back from you in the time it takes for me to scroll through your message wall, I'm not going to believe you're worth my time or my thoughts. That may be a bit blunt, but it happens way too often. The fact of the matter is that the women who have rooms that are hopping tend to have cultivated that atmosphere, and the women who have rooms that are silent as a mausoleum tend to have also cultivated that atmosphere. There's enough of us guys who spend their time actively seeking to chat up pretty girls in the public room that it should take up the slack for whatever army of shy or monosyllabic gents might be roaming around. It's easier for the silent types to just stick to the walls and the grunting types to grunt than for the chatty types to be convinced to chat. It's the model's job to do the convincing.

As for solutions, I find that giving people a reason to respond without putting them on the spot is best. Let members pick songs to play without charging them. Have a game that everyone can chime in on, even if they don't buy turns. The point is giving people and opening without making them feel singled out. Even putting something in the room topic something more than just how many tokens it'll take to see you naked is something, an in for guys like me to break the ice.
I agree sometimes that's the case. I don't agree that's usually the case. Even with an 8,000 CS I've had days where I literally sat there with a smile, in a great mood, talking to myself. There was nothing else I could have done besides randomly dildo myself or something.

PlayboyMegan said:
zippypinhead said:

I agree sometimes that's the case. I don't agree that's usually the case. Even with an 8,000 CS I've had days where I literally sat there with a smile, in a great mood, talking to myself. There was nothing else I could have done besides randomly dildo myself or something.

Well, yes, I won't dispute that, and I would expect nothing less. Some days are just dead days. I may have used too absolute a tone. I guess it's more a response to complaints levied by models who find themselves constantly in such a state, which I find happens somewhat often. A person can't keep trying the same strategy and expect different results, after all.

So some of you dont like to hang around because you can't tip which is fair enough. Sometimes I feel the same way especially if there are tippers, the model is nude, and there others members chatting.

However, if there is no tipping or chatting and the model still has a countdown, then I often chat and then encourage other members to tip (if I cant). I dont spam it, I just use an emote and maybe might post it every 20 mins - depending on the situation. BUt often still I am the only one chatting. I sometimes says weird things and sometimes some members use that oppurtinity to say something (mostly saying eww or I am disgusting). But I really feel awkward if I am only the one chatting to a model I like.

Like I have chat logs..where its just me :p .

I think it helps sometimes if the models types the occasional thing too. Sometimes a model is busy getting something ready and so she will be quiet, but members might think she is ignoring us. So if she types something it will stay on the chat and it will show that she does talk/type.

Having a good room topic is important. i will highlight miss lollipop's post though

TALKING can positively contribute to a models room. It's BETTER than rating and admiring shit on profiles. It's better than following on twitter and stuff. It helps us SELL our chat, and attract tippers. If ou CANT tip and want to HELP a model make the (FREE) effort to say hello and engage us in some conversation.

We really Really APPRECIATE it.

And I dont get the whole thing over banning. Like there are so many models, that I don't care if I get banned. Of course I dont't want to get banned by models who I like, but they will never ban me anyway because they know that I like them! But I went on spree where i randomly went to models rooms and insulted them (just said few rude words in a funny way) , some immediately banned me, others banned me upon request by another member and some didnt care at all. BUt I did notice in some rooms where it was quiet, it started a conversation lol.

I hung around a bit in the models that didnt care and I am now friends with a couple of them. I would have been banned by 10 models that night lol. BUt there are so many that I didnt care.

SO if its new model (as in one u havent met before), really just go in say something. If she bans you, so what? Find someone else. If you really like her of course, then you need to work it. I like to feel comfortable and give my opinions in the model's room.

If a model ignores you, then of course no point chatting with her.

BUt MFC confuddles me..sometimes its fun chatting with basics and guests..i dont know. I know some guests just cant be bothered to login though.

Reactions: PlayboyMegan
trotskyleon said:
SO if its new model (as in one u havent met before), really just go in say something. If she bans you, so what? Find someone else. If you really like her of course, then you need to work it. I like to feel comfortable and give my opinions in the model's room.

Good advice, Maybe skip the whole posting rude insults as a way of saying "hello" though... Only really sad human beings do the ol', copy/pasta insult room hop.
trotskyleon said:
But I went on spree where i randomly went to models rooms and insulted them (just said few rude words in a funny way) , some immediately banned me, others banned me upon request by another member and some didnt care at all. BUt I did notice in some rooms where it was quiet, it started a conversation lol.

JoleneBrody said:
Good advice, Maybe skip the whole posting rude insults as a way of saying "hello" though... Only really sad human beings do the ol', copy/pasta insult room hop.
trotskyleon said:
But I went on spree where i randomly went to models rooms and insulted them (just said few rude words in a funny way) , some immediately banned me, others banned me upon request by another member and some didnt care at all. BUt I did notice in some rooms where it was quiet, it started a conversation lol.

I didnt copy and paste. And maybe I was a sad human being at the time.

If I don't like to chat I just do not login and stay as a basic.....If I feel like chatting I can login and go back to the room...

trotskyleon said:
I often chat and then encourage other members to tip (if I cant). I dont spam it, I just use an emote and maybe might post it every 20 mins
I sometimes says weird things and sometimes some members use that oppurtinity to say something (mostly saying eww or I am disgusting).

To be honest, in my eyes those things are huge red flags that make me feel the urge to ban you from my room preemptively :?

Status
Not open for further replies.