AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Members who tip semi-anonymously, umm why

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gonegirl2352

Deactivated Account
Sep 30, 2014
OK, so long story short, I was banned from the model threads because I was a bad girl so I can't search topics over there about this weirdness, I'm hoping someday I'll get back in there but for now, I'm just going to post here about this phenomenon.

So, I have a member who tips very well but always does it as an anonymous member however, his tip note always has his name. Does anyone know why a member would do that? Is it so I can't see his real MFC member name? Or is there some other reason why? I asked him straight out but he was very vague about why.

Reactions: Puffin
Also a simple explanation is he's tipping you from a different account of his. He doesn't want you to know that account name. So he puts the account name you know him by in the note.

That way you won't know his other account and see him tipping some other model if you happen to be in her room. Also you won't be able to add his other account to your friends list to know he's online but NOT visiting your room when you're on.

I have a regular that does this too! I think he likes the "mystery" for the other viewers to not know who tipped. I could be way wrong here, but I think members who do this might like to get your gratitude, have it taken from a countdown (if there is one), and to have it acknowledged by the other members. In my room, they always applaud when someone tips, but since they don't see the ninja tips, they don't get applauded. Maybe it's some subconscious way to be appreciated by everyone.

An analogy: Guy tips $10,000 to a local zoo, anonymously. Zoo posts a "Thank you!" to the anon donor on their social media. Guy reads every comment from viewers on social media (things like, "Wow! People like this make me have faith in humanity again!" and "Yay! There need to be more people like this!"). Makes guy feel good inside.

The semi-anonymous tip ...so called ninja tip is pretty common. There is a few reasons you may do it as a member. With some thought you should have some idea what the tip is for, if not I recommend paying more attention to your tipper, I can think of many reasons for it.
To give you some perspective on tipping, you can tip with much more subtlety, even to the point of complete mystery. A member need be not in a models room, not viewing in PM, but still see her and tip anonymously, responding to her responses from his tipping.
As a rule think of hidden tips as puzzles to be deciphered or as gifts.

Your tipper definitely wants you to know it is them, and not someone else, and if it is not their user name perhaps you missed their real name when you met them somewhere past. I don't blame him for being vague, he is probably hopeful you will figure it out.

Troll, the OP wasn't talking about ninja tips, she was talking about anonymous tips that the user always signs with his username (therefore seemingly cancelling out the need to tip anonymous). As in, an anonymous tip that says, "I love your purple hair! ~ BigDaddy420"

A ninja tip shows specifically, "BigDaddy420 has tipped you X tokens!"

Troll, the OP wasn't talking about ninja tips, she was talking about anonymous tips that the user always signs with his username (therefore seemingly cancelling out the need to tip anonymous). As in, an anonymous tip that says, "I love your purple hair! ~ BigDaddy420"

A ninja tip shows specifically, "BigDaddy420 has tipped you X tokens!"

Yes, that's exactly right, it shows up as an anonymous tip with the amount to the others in the room, but he signs it with his name in the tip note so I know who he is but no one else does. He's awesome, funny and classy too.

Maybe guys that do this want other members to think they are popular for who they are and not for what they tip. Just my cynical mind at work :)

Reactions: gonegirl2352
So, I have a member who tips very well but always does it as an anonymous member however, his tip note always has his name. Does anyone know why a member would do that? Is it so I can't see his real MFC member name? Or is there some other reason why? I asked him straight out but he was very vague about why.

Cause he's Batman!

I've seen some bigger spenders who get razzed by other guys for tipping big... and I've also seen guys snitch to other models when one of that models "guys" is tipping in another room. Sometimes the atmosphere of MFC is pure high school.

Basically what JerryBoBerry said.

I have another prem account for semi anonymous tipping because sometimes I don't want to my favs to know for sure I'm tipping other models. Sometimes I want something new.

A couple of my favs can be very possessive! and I'd rather not have an ear bashing during my MFC time.

KatrinaVega is right...at times MFC is like high school, if not worse!

I do this all the time. I tip anon because I don't need the other guys knowing what and when I tip, and I include my name or some indication it's me because I have had other guys take credit for tips where I did not do this.

Reactions: Brewhammer
Basically what JerryBoBerry said.

I have another prem account for semi anonymous tipping because sometimes I don't want to my favs to know for sure I'm tipping other models. Sometimes I want something new.

A couple of my favs can be very possessive! and I'd rather not have an ear bashing during my MFC time.

KatrinaVega is right...at times MFC is like high school, if not worse!
Never understood why others care about what other models may think. The models I frequent know I go to other models and tip others. I would assume most models know members aren't going to stay and only tip them.

I was like that at first, but after a while I got tired of all the subtle questioning. When I'm on MFC I do so for relaxation and sometimes it's just easier this way.

Plus for me it's not so much the tipping of other models, it's that I'm not in their room which bothers them the most.

Status
Not open for further replies.