AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

"Message not sent. Try slowing down." - in 1 room constantly

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2017
UK
So, this is very strange.
In 1 room that I visit often, we talk lots, etc it randomly started to say "Message not sent. Try slowing down." when I would try sending a message.

Ok no problem, I thought. I left it a few minutes, tried again.. the same error. I did this a few times, still the same thing. I assumed CB having chat problems.. Yet, everyone else was still able to type, just not me.
I switched browsers (I tried 3 total), and it does the SAME thing, in public chat and PM.
I decided to create a brand new account and try typing with this. It was fine. I logged back into my main account, tried talking and it gives the SAME error message.

The model tried refreshing for me to see if that would fix it, nope.
She also was nice enough to disable her apps and bots, nope, still doing the same.

I tried using my mobile, both the mobile version AND desktop. Same problem.
I tried multiple VPNs. Same issue.

We ran out of ideas so she even silenced me then unsilenced me. Nope even this didn;t work.

I tried talking in 5 other rooms, I am able to type in ALL 5 fine as normal.
For some reason it won't let me type in this one model's room, giving this "spam" error.

Any suggestions? Anyone else experienced this - it's only on this account, so it can't be something wrong with my computer, phone, browsers, extensions etc.

Reactions: babykalina
Please provide your username or ticket number so that I may pass it along to Support.
It’s not my ticket, but it might be related to my ticket 19196442 for user name cuntip - that is the account I use for app development.

That account has a problem that looks a bit similar. For about a week now, using that account, I cannot upload panel images for apps. There is a limit of 50 images per day, and I need a few hundred. After 50 images, the next attempt results in the error messsage “Try slowing down a little.”

Usually, after 24 hours I can upload again. Except that now I can’t, even after a week. Support passed my ticket to the developers - nice! I hope they find the reason.

I am bringing this to your attention because both problems might be related to the same software error. My wild guess is:

Chaturbate‘s software stores a personal restriction with an expiry date, and that expiry date is handled badly. Either sometimes the software stores an expiry date far in the future that will never be reached, or it compares dates in a wrong way, always concluding that the expire date has not yet been reached yet.

So, there might be one common error in a routine that handles dates, causing both my problem and the problem Brett M is experiencing.

Upvote 0
It's not resolved for me, but it's been a couple of weeks since my model was online. Now that she is, I can see the problem is still there, so I've resurrected my support ticket. Hopefully they will solve it for me.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.