AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

"Message not sent. Try slowing down." - in 1 room constantly

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2017
UK
So, this is very strange.
In 1 room that I visit often, we talk lots, etc it randomly started to say "Message not sent. Try slowing down." when I would try sending a message.

Ok no problem, I thought. I left it a few minutes, tried again.. the same error. I did this a few times, still the same thing. I assumed CB having chat problems.. Yet, everyone else was still able to type, just not me.
I switched browsers (I tried 3 total), and it does the SAME thing, in public chat and PM.
I decided to create a brand new account and try typing with this. It was fine. I logged back into my main account, tried talking and it gives the SAME error message.

The model tried refreshing for me to see if that would fix it, nope.
She also was nice enough to disable her apps and bots, nope, still doing the same.

I tried using my mobile, both the mobile version AND desktop. Same problem.
I tried multiple VPNs. Same issue.

We ran out of ideas so she even silenced me then unsilenced me. Nope even this didn;t work.

I tried talking in 5 other rooms, I am able to type in ALL 5 fine as normal.
For some reason it won't let me type in this one model's room, giving this "spam" error.

Any suggestions? Anyone else experienced this - it's only on this account, so it can't be something wrong with my computer, phone, browsers, extensions etc.

Reactions: babykalina
It's still happening for me too. Still isolated to just one room. Still correctable if she makes me a mod.

Got the same generic response from CB support. First asking for username. Second saying it's been forwarded to the development team.

I've written back saying it's still happening.

Upvote 0
I listed everything I tried but I'm just waiting for them to reply suggesting does this and this... all stuff I tried haha.

Upvote 0
I listed everything I tried but I'm just waiting for them to reply suggesting does this and this... all stuff I tried haha.
Hope it's not like SC support many months ago when they demanded I do a ping / speed test etc for my issue of the private show rating dialogue box NOT showing after a private! :rofl:

Reactions: NotYou
Upvote 0
Hello Good Morning, did some body here with this problem it is already fixed or not,

And also anybody contact Chaturbate Support about the issue, have been received another answer different to this

Thank you for your email. We can confirm our development team is still investigating this issue. Please let us know if you have any further questions for us!

Last night the issue was still there for me.
But unfortunately, we need to just wait for them to find and fix the problem it seems.

Upvote 0
Last night the issue was still there for me.
But unfortunately, we need to just wait for them to find and fix the problem it seems.
This is probably a waste of time but if you have the time to spare does anything weird happen if you use https://www.cbhours.com/eyecontact.php and send a PM to that model in her room vs sending PMs to other models? You did say it happens with PMs too right? You can just use the weblink you don't need to download the app. Does anything weird happen when you send a PM? Like for example does it repeat the same PM when you send it?

(this script hooks into the events api, its possible it may see something you don't see normally, i feel like the chances are slim but who knows)

Upvote 0
This is probably a waste of time but if you have the time to spare does anything weird happen if you use https://www.cbhours.com/eyecontact.php and send a PM to that model in her room vs sending PMs to other models? You did say it happens with PMs too right? You can just use the weblink you don't need to download the app. Does anything weird happen when you send a PM? Like for example does it repeat the same PM when you send it?

(this script hooks into the events api, its possible it may see something you don't see normally, i feel like the chances are slim but who knows)

If she is on tonight then I will try it and see if it works or does the same and I will report back - she is not usually on until 11pm or so UK time.

Reactions: cbhours
Upvote 0
Im sorry but this link https://www.cbhours.com/eyecontact.php can be usefull for us?

The purpose of the tool is to allow models to have a floating window closer to their camera to help them give their audience the illusion of eye-contact. It also has a built in translator. It will not fix the issue but since it hooks into chaturbates events API its possible it may see something extra. It probably won't but worth a shot.

• Helpful!
Reactions: rockin_rod
Upvote 0
The purpose of the tool is to allow models to have a floating window closer to their camera to help them give their audience the illusion of eye-contact. It also has a built in translator. It will not fix the issue but since it hooks into chaturbates events API its possible it may see something extra. It probably won't but worth a shot.
this looks like a really useful tool!

Upvote 0
I'm no tech, but if I open the Events API feed, I see this message:
{"status":"too many requests"}
Could this be related to the issue described?
probably not, the events api is really whiney, i ignore the errors completely and keep retrying unless it fails 10 times in a row then the app resets and starts over.

Reactions: rockin_rod
Upvote 0
probably not, the events api is really whiney, i ignore the errors completely and keep retrying unless it fails 10 times in a row then the app resets and starts over.
ok thanks. The whole site is really acting up for me today anyway, for example when I tip, nothing appears in chat and there is no tip noise, token balance only reduces if I refresh..... close browser fixes it for maybe 10 mins, then repeats.

Upvote 0
So, it's been about 12 days since I first reported this problem to Support, and still no progress. It can;t be only happening to a few of us, surely.
I just messaged them asking if there is any update but I am sure there is none.

@punker barbie if you're able to help, then my ticket is 19078250

Upvote 0
So, this is very strange.
In 1 room that I visit often, we talk lots, etc it randomly started to say "Message not sent. Try slowing down." when I would try sending a message.

Ok no problem, I thought. I left it a few minutes, tried again.. the same error. I did this a few times, still the same thing. I assumed CB having chat problems.. Yet, everyone else was still able to type, just not me.
I switched browsers (I tried 3 total), and it does the SAME thing, in public chat and PM.
I decided to create a brand new account and try typing with this. It was fine. I logged back into my main account, tried talking and it gives the SAME error message.

The model tried refreshing for me to see if that would fix it, nope.
She also was nice enough to disable her apps and bots, nope, still doing the same.

I tried using my mobile, both the mobile version AND desktop. Same problem.
I tried multiple VPNs. Same issue.

We ran out of ideas so she even silenced me then unsilenced me. Nope even this didn;t work.

I tried talking in 5 other rooms, I am able to type in ALL 5 fine as normal.
For some reason it won't let me type in this one model's room, giving this "spam" error.

Any suggestions? Anyone else experienced this - it's only on this account, so it can't be something wrong with my computer, phone, browsers, extensions etc.

YES!! My fan club has the same problem, its been more than a week!!
as a fan club member he has this benefit. he gets my PMs and i cant get his, it appears the exact same error. He is also not getting my online notifications on his email associated to his account (does this happen the same with you ?)

Ive emailed support and also my fan club member and their answer was:

Tech Support (Chaturbate)

Feb 16, 2022, 14:56 EST

Thank you for reporting this, we're sorry for any inconvenience. We have forwarded this information to our development team and are currently investigating the issue relating to the "Message not sent..." error.

Please let us know if you have additional questions for us or have further information to share in the meantime.
Thank you,
The Chaturbate Team

And its already been a week and the issue isn't solved.

please @punker barbie could you solve this issue out??
My ticket is (19088097)
my fan club member with this issue ticket is 19108699

Upvote 0
YES!! My fan club has the same problem, its been more than a week!!
as a fan club member he has this benefit. he gets my PMs and i cant get his, it appears the exact same error. He is also not getting my online notifications on his email associated to his account (does this happen the same with you ?)

Ive emailed support and also my fan club member and their answer was:

Feb 16, 2022, 14:56 EST

Thank you for reporting this, we're sorry for any inconvenience. We have forwarded this information to our development team and are currently investigating the issue relating to the "Message not sent..." error.

Please let us know if you have additional questions for us or have further information to share in the meantime.
Thank you,
The Chaturbate Team

And its already been a week and the issue isn't solved.

please @punker barbie could you solve this issue out??
My ticket is (19088097)
my fan club member with this issue ticket is 19108699

Still not working for me and it's 2 weeks now.
2 weeks to find a bug seems like a long time. Hopefully we get an update and it will be fixed soon

Upvote 0
Still not working for me and it's 2 weeks now.
2 weeks to find a bug seems like a long time. Hopefully we get an update and it will be fixed soon
when my member comes to my room using another acc, grey in his case, i send him a pm and he can answer good without error :/
Hope they solve this soon, its been so long! And its annoying because its a benefit for fan clubs and they took it away from it.

Upvote 0
when my member comes to my room using another acc, grey in his case, i send him a pm and he can answer good without error :/
Hope they solve this soon, its been so long! And its annoying because its a benefit for fan clubs and they took it away from it.

This is the exact same for me too, I have been using a grey alternate account for now.
I tried talking in another room with a user who experiences the same problem, and I can talk in the room he has problems in, so it's just very specific rooms we get this error. At the time I did nothing odd or anything for it to start happening. So it's just weird that it randomly happened. I hope more and more people report it, I have a feeling many won't report it if it only happens to them in 1 room because they "blame" the model, not the site, which means models will get fewer visitors/tippers.

@punker barbie please can you try see if there is progress for this bug? it can't only be happening for 4 or 5 of us.

Upvote 0
The issue was resolved for me,as soon i ask to the model to gave moderator privilegies
he is a fan club member, it doesnt mean i want it to be my room moderator or have those type of privileges. tbh, once u join fan club it gives u PM benefit by cb, and they were the ones who took it away with a bug, so yeah, they should solve it out.
More people should speak out about this problem to make them solver faster maybe? its been 2 weeks or more.

Upvote 0
This is still not fixed for me, unfortunately, and still no response about it - even if they are honest and say they have been looking but can't find the problem but they are still working on it, it will be nice.
It's always annoying when you just get completely blanked.

Upvote 0
This is still not fixed for me, unfortunately, and still no response about it - even if they are honest and say they have been looking but can't find the problem but they are still working on it, it will be nice.
It's always annoying when you just get completely blanked.
I've contacted the support again today and their answer was still:

Feb 24, 2022, 13:36 EST
Thank you for reaching out to us, we're sorry to hear about these issues and are happy to assist.
  • We apologize for the continued inconvenience relating to certain users experiencing chat errors. Please know that our development team is continuing to investigate the issue and hope to resolve it soon.

because i was kinda afraid it was also affecting my room since past days the traffic was weirdly slow and no-one receiving my online notifications (which support assured were being sent)

Reactions: NotYou
Upvote 0
Still experiencing this issue.
Able to send messages in public chat. Unable to respond to PM from performer. If granted moderator, messages are sent successfully. If moderator is subsequently revoked, the original issue persists.

In the browser console, when sending a message I do see the following

Code:
(index):19 Uncaught (in promise) Message not sent. Try slowing down.
nrWrapper @ (index):19
Promise.then (async)
(anonymous) @ (index):19

Upvote 0
Wonder if it is connected to the user object attributes.
Since that contains information relating to status as a fan club member or moderator, and also feeds into chat and pm objects.

type: object
  • (string) user: the user’s username
  • (bool) inFanclub: is the user in the broadcasters fan club
  • (bool) hasTokens: does the user have at least 1 token
  • (bool) isMod: is the user a moderator
Although that still does not explain why most others can write freely, and why you can do so in other rooms.
Where are all the coders out there?

Upvote 0
ITS WORKING NOW!!!
My FC member got this message atm in his chat: "you have got permission to chat again" and he refreshed and instantly he could private message me again!! :D
Did it get solved to everyone else??
im so happy, finally!!

Upvote 0
Unfortunately, I was sleeping when the model who I experience this was online (yeah, hard to believe but I do sometimes sleep :p) but I will hope she is on tonight and will go and test to see if it works for me.
I will report back

• Funny!
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.