AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MFC *NOT* deleting account when requested to do so

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SuperSheldon said:
While we're into it, it seems like I should have put a big sarcasm sign besides the blonde digging thing.

But well, "To be looked upon as a fool by an idiot is a true connoisseur's delight."
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools talk because they have to say something.
Plato

Reactions: LilyMarie
I deleted all my MFC accounts early this year and I'm pretty sure they were not actually deleted. After I "deleted" the accounts I could still check my MFC mail on my phone because I never logged out. The mail worked until I cleared out my cache about 2-3 weeks later. I also notice that I am still listed as a 'friend' on a couple model profiles. I know if an account is truly deleted it would no longer be listed there. I guess they are hoping I return.... :hand:

mross2_ said:
I deleted all my MFC accounts early this year and I'm pretty sure they were not actually deleted. After I "deleted" the accounts I could still check my MFC mail on my phone because I never logged out. The mail worked until I cleared out my cache about 2-3 weeks later. I also notice that I am still listed as a 'friend' on a couple model profiles. I know if an account is truly deleted it would no longer be listed there. I guess they are hoping I return.... :hand:

Thanks for coming back on topic.

What puzzles me is that some accounts seem to get properly deleted. For instance, the name of the author of a comment on a profile page is normally hyperlinked to the profile of that author, but some names are just plain text, without links. For instance:
http://profiles.myfreecams.com/aliiciasmiles

My own (renamed) name is still linked (gotta scroll down), while a more recent comment by somebody called "lovedemboobz" is unlinked. Note this comment was done on May 31, ruling out the suggested 3 months purgatory.

SuperSheldon said:
mross2_ said:

Thanks for coming back on topic.

What puzzles me is that some accounts seem to get properly deleted. For instance, the name of the author of a comment on a profile page is normally hyperlinked to the profile of that author, but some names are just plain text, without links. For instance:
http://profiles.myfreecams.com/aliiciasmiles

My own (renamed) name is still linked (gotta scroll down), while a more recent comment by somebody called "lovedemboobz" is unlinked. Note this comment was done on May 31, ruling out the suggested 3 months purgatory.
The profile is deleted, though. Clicking your name just goes to the profiles homepage.

So your actual account is still in limbo, in case you change your mind and want to come back.

The only real mystery here is why your name was changed.

Reactions: IsabellaSnow
AmberCutie said:
The profile is deleted, though. Clicking your name just goes to the profiles homepage.
Actually no, the fact my profile doesn't appear is because I had it set to inactive in the profile options, as many members. My picture (well, a guanaco picture) still appearing prooves that my profile is not deleted.

AmberCutie said:
The only real mystery here is why your name was changed.
True, although I suspect it was a lame attempt at making me think my profile was deleted: this way my profile wouldn't show up if I tried to add it as a friend. But either it is too elaborate for MFC staff to think about the fact my renamed profile would still show up on profile comments, or they really have a poor intelectual opinion of their customers...

Still: why do some member names get unlinked on profile comments?

SuperSheldon said:
I think those people never made/had profiles at all.

AmberCutie said:
SuperSheldon said:
I think those people never made/had profiles at all.
It makes sense, I just checked and I could add one of those unlinked profile names as a friend, so it isn't a deleted profile.
AmberCutie said:
So your actual account is still in limbo, in case you change your mind and want to come back.
Actually, I followed your suggestion and asked MFC to reactivate my account in order to properly vaccuum it: they didn't answer, so I guess I must be on a kind of blacklist there. lol.

Anyway, I'm done polluting your forum AmberCutie. Thanks to all who tried to help. As far as I'm concerned, I'm done trying to get my account deleted, I already put way too much time in it.

The end of the story is that MFC is blatantly lying when they pretend members can delete accounts: all we can hope for is some kind of deactivation.

I believe that MFC keeps the old profile just "deactivated" for a few months in case you want to reactivate it. Many models and members try to quit for one reason or another and want to come back (with their old profile intact, friends list, all their reward points, and their options for higher token packages). This is probably why it looks like that. Regardless, I wouldn't worry about it, because your profile looks to be deleted to us. Spend your time on something else.... might I suggest playing an old video game you've missed or read a new book???

Reactions: Nordling
I_Am_Iris said:
... their options for higher token packages ....
I think thats connected to your email address and not to your account, if I create a new account (because I did delete the old one in the past) with my email address then I get those higher token packages right away.

I'm the king of deleting my MFC account (and ACF sometimes to), I did it +/- 20 times in the last 3 years, a silly way to control my addiction to the cam world. Just not having an account for a few weeks.

A nice way to see which accounts are currently in the MFC database is to use below url:

http://www.myfreecams.com/mfc2/php/account.php?request=password

you can get multiple emails if you give your email address at that page, currently I get 4 emails, 3 for 'deleted' accounts and one for my active account. After some time accounts disappear also from this option.

Your account is as deactivated/deleted as it will ever be. I did a little check. My friends account, that was deactivated 2 years ago, shows up in the same places as yours except there is one spot that deactivated accounts do not seem to appear. Neither his nor yours shows up there. :handgestures-salute:

I think people are also overlooking the legal side of things, too. If, hypothetically, 6 or 12 months down the road, a model or member alleges that harassment or something else illegal took place, MFC could easily open up their archives to law enforcement if necessary. I'm not sure what the statute of limitations is on that, but if they immediately deleted all information as requested, it could cause problems further down the road (especially in cases where there actually was some wrongdoing).

RedHerby said:
I'm the king of deleting my MFC account (and ACF sometimes to), I did it +/- 20 times in the last 3 years, a silly way to control my addiction to the cam world. Just not having an account for a few weeks.
You keep telling' yourself that....

CallMeWilliam said:
RedHerby said:
You keep telling' yourself that....
yes, but this last time is different, I will really stop now and don't go back to masturbating and spending money at the same time, man oh man, that's a dangerous combination ...

Status
Not open for further replies.