AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Mfc being slow

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 22, 2020
MFC Username
Lyllla
Has any other model been having trouble lately with mfc? It seems like the traffic has been so dry and horrible. It’s so stressful

Personally, I'm still establishing on MFC so my chatroom is highly affected by paycycles when it comes to my earnings at night time (Aus time), it's busy with people but not necessarily with tokens.
Day camming (USA nighttime) however, I'm much newer at and often my room has tumbleweeds in the chat! Having a lot more top models on at this time also means less through traffic...which is why my August Goal is to build my camscore.

I'm super looking forward to getting to the point where I always have familiar usernames in my chat, even at time I don't usually cam!

I'm also struggling after returning from a two year hiatus. It's definitely dry and even some of my regulars ( old and new) don't understand the waves. There also seems to be RTC having issues streaming that causes quality to randomly dip or videos to randomly cut out. It is Beta, after all, so I will say it's trying very hard to live up to Flash despite being in the works still but a lot of people coming into your room bolt the second they see it's "low quality".

I've also had people speculate that members became used to the huge influx of new models that gave things away for free or next to nothing and now a lot of them expect it from older models too, which most of us are a lot firmer and more experienced so we have lots of "no nonsense" rules that new models don't have yet. Also I've heard August/September is usually drier for Middle/Low cam score models anyways but I'm not sure how accurate that is for everyone.

Reactions: AussieCosplay
@HazelFox I might be coming back from what is a 2 year hiatus as well, and had to figure things out FAST when I started almost 5 years ago. I learned things the hard way, users tried to be my "mentor" and I found this forum AFTER making the mistake of wasting time online by being tied up in messages. What time of day seems to be best? I used to cam during the day (U.S.) but that really catered to men who were at the office...I almost wonder if the impact of corona on so many people now working from home was an issue, especially before kids were back "in school?" Are the dads now able to sit in the "home office" and watch some cams now? I also wonder if a lot of younger cam girls won't be able to cam as much since they are going to be at home (not at a university dorm/apartment). Maybe things will start to pick up a bit.

Reactions: HazelFox
What time of day seems to be best?

So, for me personally, I find later in the afternoon to accommodate best to my regulars, my audience, etc. I would spend a day idle on your account and see what time of day most of your friends come online. I have to work on a limited time frame as is, when no one else is home with me, so I just picked the busiest times for my friendslist that way. I would also send out mail letting people know you're returning soon. It helped build anticipation in my regulars that were still active.

especially before kids were back "in school?"

Also, kids are still out of school where I'm at. Distance learning is mandated in most school systems here and it's definitely making it harder for the camming world to return to a normal pace with everyone still at home and online.

Overall, I'm hoping the community finds a healthy balance. It could either stay oversaturated with new models and/or large amounts of lurkers in the process but I'm hoping the natural way of the cam world sorts that out. The long hours (on and off cam) plus the slow days are enough in the beginning to knock anyone out who isn't serious. My hope is that we have lots of new talent on the rise and lots of new friends to make. It's definitely more fun that way and I hate it when I stumble across a new model and they're being heckled or just look sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.