AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MFC big problem with viewers/members

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 7, 2018
Hi,

I have almost 2 years on MFC and i didnt have a problem with the number of viewers until this year. I mean i never had less than 70-80 viewers in room and this on bad days. Usually i have above 300.

On 31 December 2017 i had 284 viewers in room and i got plenty of tokens. But since 1 January...Zero! Nada! Nothing!. And when i say nothing i mean nothing. There's only me in my room and once in an hour a member gets in but that's all.

First i thought it was a bad day. But the next day the same problem. It's been like that since 1 January. I stay 6-7 hours/ day on MFC, it's impossible to be in 99% of the time alone in my room. I asked a member if there's smth wrong with my image, sound, etc. No problem. I also asked the MFC support, they also said there's no technical streaming problem.

Anybody has the same problem or it's just me?

Thanks in advance!

The above advice is great.

If that's all good check your ban list too. Make sure no one is on there that shouldn't be just in case someone malicious got into your account and blocked your regulars or something.

Honestly though back when I used to cam on MFC sometimes I would have nights from hell and ask members what my feed was like. Have them tell me it was great. Only to check from my cell and find out I was horribly pixelated or something or there was weird feedback coming from my mic.

Upvote 0
could you have accidentally region blocked a country or multiple countries?

What is your MFC name? I can try and keep an eye out for you and check your stream.

No, i have 4 countries blocked since the begining and i checked, nothing wrong with it. No region blocking and no other countries added accidentalty in my list.
Last night i stayed a few hours and at one moment i got the "big" viewers number of 2. :bored:

I'll PM my model name today but i will be not streaming for a few days.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The above advice is great.

If that's all good check your ban list too. Make sure no one is on there that shouldn't be just in case someone malicious got into your account and blocked your regulars or something.

Honestly though back when I used to cam on MFC sometimes I would have nights from hell and ask members what my feed was like. Have them tell me it was great. Only to check from my cell and find out I was horribly pixelated or something or there was weird feedback coming from my mic.

My ban list is the same as before, nothing changed there and no banned member On and etc. In fact i didnt ban anyone for some time.
I know there are bad days and good days and i am having both on other sites where i perform but on MFC is too strange. You cant have a 10 bad days one after another with zero viewers in 99% of the time.

Upvote 0
My ban list is the same as before, nothing changed there and no banned member On and etc. In fact i didnt ban anyone for some time.
I know there are bad days and good days and i am having both on other sites where i perform but on MFC is too strange. You cant have a 10 bad days one after another with zero viewers in 99% of the time.

Yeah it definitely sounds like some type of tech issue. Could be lag, sound problems etc.
If you don't have Canada blocked I could do a stream check for you if you like. Even if you aren't planning to work tonight there's always the option to turn your cam on and stay out of view to check everything.

Reactions: Laura0210
Upvote 0
Yeah it definitely sounds like some type of tech issue. Could be lag, sound problems etc.
If you don't have Canada blocked I could do a stream check for you if you like. Even if you aren't planning to work tonight there's always the option to turn your cam on and stay out of view to check everything.

I dont have Canada blocked. I blocked only a few annoying countries from Europe. I'll PM you my model name on MFC later today cuz i am out in town now. Thanks again!

Upvote 0
Do you have any trusted regulars you can ask if maybe someone is PM-ing them and driving them away from your room? I'm reminded of some stories I've heard on here about some rooms that have emptied out because another room member started badgering them. Any regulars that are acting weird when you see them?

Hopefully it is just a technical issue that you can work out.

Upvote 0
Do you have any trusted regulars you can ask if maybe someone is PM-ing them and driving them away from your room? I'm reminded of some stories I've heard on here about some rooms that have emptied out because another room member started badgering them. Any regulars that are acting weird when you see them?

Hopefully it is just a technical issue that you can work out.

I asked 3 of my regulars and none of them received anything like that. I asked the support if my streaming quality and speed is good and they checked it and said everything is just fine and it's the same quality as before. I am streaming in HD and my internet speed is very very good. I live alone in the house and i have net bandwith of 1000 Mbps. 1000 Mbs at download at 500 Mbps at Upload. So everything.s just fine but my room is empty , with minor exceptions of a few regulars who are notified that i am online. But since 1 January i've never had more than 2 members in my room. What the...

Upvote 0
As you haven't mentioned it, have you had a severe drop in camscore? If you're staying on for like 6 hours at a time for days in a row then that will not help future traffic. Camscore does make a pretty big difference.
I have noticed less viewers in my MFC room than I used to as a general rule, though I personally haven't noticed the level of premiums/tippers has gone down, just the guests/basics, and I have heard some girls saying similar things, though that could just be me, and nothing as worrying as going to a situation where you no longer get anyone.
Have you changed your show style? Like did you used to do more graphic public shows?

Upvote 0
It sounds to me like such a drastic overnight change- from 200+ members to LITERALLY zero for days on end- MUST be some sort of technical problem, so I really hope someone can shed light on this for you!

I've had problems with room counts my entire camming career, so I'm no stranger to how frustrating and confusing it can be. I used to get really up in my head because no matter what I tried (lighting, time of day, cam angle, naked, background, no location blocks, etc.), I could only get 5-10 premiums in my room at most, while girls with similar camscores and looks/personalities could sit there fully clothed with 100+ people watching. But after 2 years out of the game, I've returned to find that the stratification in room counts has only become more extreme, with the top 20 rooms pulling in like 75% of site traffic. Now it doesn't seem uncommon for even really successful girls to have no more than 20 premiums hanging out. Definitely an interesting landscape.

Reactions: MojitosJourney
Upvote 0
It sounds to me like such a drastic overnight change- from 200+ members to LITERALLY zero for days on end- MUST be some sort of technical problem, so I really hope someone can shed light on this for you!

I've had problems with room counts my entire camming career, so I'm no stranger to how frustrating and confusing it can be. I used to get really up in my head because no matter what I tried (lighting, time of day, cam angle, naked, background, no location blocks, etc.), I could only get 5-10 premiums in my room at most, while girls with similar camscores and looks/personalities could sit there fully clothed with 100+ people watching. But after 2 years out of the game, I've returned to find that the stratification in room counts has only become more extreme, with the top 20 rooms pulling in like 75% of site traffic. Now it doesn't seem uncommon for even really successful girls to have no more than 20 premiums hanging out. Definitely an interesting landscape.

For what it's worth, as a viewer I also find perplexing and frustrating that a few models get 100 - 600 visitors while others with equally - or more - compelling looks/personalities get 0 - 20.

It makes me wonder how MFC markets to potential new members. Seems like they need more.

And Laura, if you PM your MFC name I'll visit your room. I'm not sure what I'll be able to tell as a visitor, but I'm curious to see if you wear Valkyrie wings and carry a spear. ;)

Upvote 0
A while back cb had some issues where models, top models as well, were online but weren't showing up on the listing pages, so had like 20 viewers instead if their usual 1000+

Have you checked you are appearing correctly on the listing pages

Often if people don't see you there, they don't come and the only people you get are the ones notified by email

Upvote 0

I haven't been broadcasting for so long on myfreecams but always see the lounges as the rooms with the most users. Seems many users don't bother actually visiting the chat room of girls. No idea if it was always like that. As someone who primarily cams on chaturbate I found these tips seemingly coming out of nowhere (guys who just watch from the lounge) irritating.

To the op: You are not accidentally broadcasting on camyou, are you? Are you the lone cammer there?

Upvote 0
I haven't been broadcasting for so long on myfreecams but always see the lounges as the rooms with the most users. Seems many users don't bother actually visiting the chat room of girls. No idea if it was always like that. As someone who primarily cams on chaturbate I found these tips seemingly coming out of nowhere (guys who just watch from the lounge) irritating.

To the op: You are not accidentally broadcasting on camyou, are you? Are you the lone cammer there?

I have access to two of the three lounges... i try and avoid them because I think there are just too rude overall. The only times I will go in there is to try and post a girls name who is having a slow day on the hopes that it might help. Sometimes it does. Last time I did that my friend got a private show out of it.
I do not think "most" users just hang out there. Sure you can tip but you can't interact with the girl directly. Often i see like 500-1000 members in 1 one and 200-500 in the other. I feel that it's only a small percentage of members hanging out in those lounges...

Upvote 0
I have access to two of the three lounges... i try and avoid them because I think there are just too rude overall. The only times I will go in there is to try and post a girls name who is having a slow day on the hopes that it might help. Sometimes it does. Last time I did that my friend got a private show out of it.
I do not think "most" users just hang out there. Sure you can tip but you can't interact with the girl directly. Often i see like 500-1000 members in 1 one and 200-500 in the other. I feel that it's only a small percentage of members hanging out in those lounges...

Agreed, I have access to lounges 1, 1K and 10K. But, I rarely go into them. I think most people there are to chat in general and view random rooms Some, I think avoid the rooms specifically as they don't want to interract. Who knows, to each their own on how they view the rooms. I prefer room interaction. Unless there's a very compelling reason for not going to the room, such as just logging on to say "Hi" to a model and send her a quick tip via PM.

As to why the sudden shift in viewers, not sure. It sounds like it may be a technical issue, as I've seen some models previews be white and they not know it. Others, I've seen lockups, etc. Away. As @IsabellaSnow mentioned, camscore might be taking a hit with being online and placing further down than realize. If you changed the style of your show, that can have an impact as well.

Hopefully it turns around for you. :)

Upvote 0
Agreed, I have access to lounges 1, 1K and 10K. But, I rarely go into them. I think most people there are to chat in general and view random rooms Some, I think avoid the rooms specifically as they don't want to interract. Who knows, to each their own on how they view the rooms. I prefer room interaction. Unless there's a very compelling reason for not going to the room, such as just logging on to say "Hi" to a model and send her a quick tip via PM.

As to why the sudden shift in viewers, not sure. It sounds like it may be a technical issue, as I've seen some models previews be white and they not know it. Others, I've seen lockups, etc. Away. As @IsabellaSnow mentioned, camscore might be taking a hit with being online and placing further down than realize. If you changed the style of your show, that can have an impact as well.

Hopefully it turns around for you. :)

Even if it was camscore it's not like her regulars would up and leave as well. 200+ to zero does sound like some technical issue. It could have to do with the recent html changes to the frontpage I know my bookmarks and friends list fail to load many times. It also could simply be after the holidays they don't have money for tokens and feel they are freeloading because they can't spend so they stay out the room.

10K lounge isn't that bad.

Upvote 0
Even if it was camscore it's not like her regulars would up and leave as well. 200+ to zero does sound like some technical issue. It could have to do with the recent html changes to the frontpage I know my bookmarks and friends list fail to load many times. It also could simply be after the holidays they don't have money for tokens and feel they are freeloading because they can't spend so they stay out the room.

10K lounge isn't that bad.

Agreed, that regulars would typically stll come. But, it just seems odd that it's no one. Though, I couple of the rooms I've been in have been extremely light of late. Including top models. I've been MIA from the rooms I typically frequent as well. My schedule blew up on me, and I am not able to get on when the models I usually visit are logged on. So, my time has been severely limited as well.

I've only been in 10K lounge a time or two. Seemed like the others to me. Not sure if that's the top lounge or not, guess I'll find out in about 5400 reward points if there's a 100K lounge.

As to the new html change on the front page where it's feeds. Nah, don't like. Give me the avatars. I want pages to load fast

Upvote 0
There's a button right there to change it and get the avatars back and I believe you can also change it in your settings for future use.

Yep, know about it. But, for those of us who have "delete history, cache, cookies" turned on for every time we exit, those settings are useless features.

While I know that they had frame grabs to help keep some semblance of speed. It's a shitty design and looks bad.

Upvote 0

I am ambivalent about the mfc lounges, myself. The chatter is fairly moronic and even hostile. The main thing is is good for is that the lounge-lizards post a lot of links to models I don't know. I post links to my favorite models, but I've never seen it bring in new visitors - that I can tell. Which is frustrating. I admit that sometimes when I'm low on tokens and/or not feeling up to chatting, I'll watch models from the lounge for a little while.

Upvote 0
As you haven't mentioned it, have you had a severe drop in camscore? If you're staying on for like 6 hours at a time for days in a row then that will not help future traffic. Camscore does make a pretty big difference.
I have noticed less viewers in my MFC room than I used to as a general rule, though I personally haven't noticed the level of premiums/tippers has gone down, just the guests/basics, and I have heard some girls saying similar things, though that could just be me, and nothing as worrying as going to a situation where you no longer get anyone.
Have you changed your show style? Like did you used to do more graphic public shows?

I didnt change anything, not my show style or anything else. Anyway it seems it's ok now, the number is of members in my room is increasing. Not as before but there's a difference.

Btw , the followers number affects your position on page? This question stands for chaturbate too. Thanks!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
And Laura, if you PM your MFC name I'll visit your room. I'm not sure what I'll be able to tell as a visitor, but I'm curious to see if you wear Valkyrie wings and carry a spear. ;)

It is ok now, i donno what the cause was but i am getting more members in my room. Lol i dont wear Valkyrie wings but i am tall as a nordic warrior woman (185 cm) :angelic:

Upvote 0
It seems i was wrong, except 2 days, my room is still empty. And i mean empty like zero members, not even guests. I am online at this moment and i am here for 2 hours and 22 min and i got zero viewers.

Upvote 0
I have a feeling it's a case for mfc support. Not even guests? That's really unexplainable.

Converning your question about followers at cb. Number of followers does not influence your ranking on the page, at least not directly. The ranking on the page is based on people with tokens in your room. Of course the more followers you have, the more and faster people will come to your room when you go online. I will say though that I'm not always sure that number of people with tokens is really the only factor but I don't know any other.

Upvote 0
I have a feeling it's a case for mfc support. Not even guests? That's really unexplainable.

Converning your question about followers at cb. Number of followers does not influence your ranking on the page, at least not directly. The ranking on the page is based on people with tokens in your room. Of course the more followers you have, the more and faster people will come to your room when you go online. I will say though that I'm not always sure that number of people with tokens is really the only factor but I don't know any other.

Thanks! I already asked MFC support about my problem and they checked my room and said everything is just fine and my net speed is excellent. So....

And thanks for the answer regarding chaturbate followers.

Upvote 0

Stop the presses! is it you? are you back? Or are you just someone who really looks like Lilah?

Upvote 0
One possibility is region blocking could be bugged, broken, or improperly categorizing IP to regions. One way to test this would be to remove all region blocking. See if it makes a difference.

I dont have any region blocked. Only a few countries. :drowning:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.