AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MFC camscore - another name for tokens per hour ?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 24, 2012
Just wondering about the MFC camscore.....
As far as I know it reflects the amount of tokens made during a specific time period. So the more tokens in the least time online the higher the camscore.....this could be simply expressed by $ per hour but of course does not sound so nice......

I think I read somewhere a camscore of 1000 equals about 10 $ per hour...

any opinions ?

:)

I'm not sure what you're specifically looking for as far as opinions go. But yes, it's calculated on a token per hour basis, but only averaged over the last 60 days. Also, because it's averaged against other models on the site, the amount of tokens needed per hour to maintain a score of 1000 say, will change over time as models overall make more or less per hour on the site.

I don't think too many models would be willing to discuss $ per hour earnings out in the open but it's probably not too hard to work out if you can be bothered to do the math.

Camscore = tokens earned ÷ hours online, over a 60 day period. And I think I read it can fluctuate based on other models' earnings but I'm not certain.

EDIT: Or, you know, what Miss Lollipop said.

I'm not sure what you're specifically looking for as far as opinions go. But yes, it's calculated on a token per hour basis, but only averaged over the last 60 days. Also, because it's averaged against other models on the site, the amount of tokens needed per hour to maintain a score of 1000 say, will change over time as models overall make more or less per hour on the site.

Thanks for the reply. The opinion just refers to comments if I got it right.....For example I was not aware that the camscore is averaged against other models......and if 10 $ per hour would be in the ballpark for a 1000 camscore...

Thanks for the reply. The opinion just refers to comments if I got it right.....For example I was not aware that the camscore is averaged against other models......and if 10 $ per hour would be in the ballpark for a 1000 camscore...

I don't think it's typical that we discuss the $ per hour 'ballparks' for a paticular camscore publically. If you're asking to help a model out, please direct her to the models only section for more specific info.

Actually more : Camscore what is fact and what is fiction ? So I just ask on a Cam board...

Bobby, it's not polite nor socially-acceptable to ask what someone makes unless you're interested in beginning that career yourself. And as I don't see you planning to start on MFC anytime soon, that question is completely irrelevant. If you wanted to start camming on other sites that allow men, you can look into the 'average' wage that they pull in, but it's going to vary from person to person and month to month.

However, since you're just interested in the facts, then I'll just tell you: camsite viewers have been trying for years to find out how much money camgirls make. Per hour, per month, per year. And it's not that they're just curious, it's that they're jealous. I'm not trying to say that you fit into these categories. I'm just saying that 99% of people who look into these types of things are the ones who then start thinking or publicly announcing that camgirls don't deserve the money, they're a bunch of [derogatory term here], and they "just sit there doing nothing." But they're the guys who sit in camgirls' rooms, adding up all the tips she's made in the last Xamount of time, and either type in chat "WOW! You just made 12,697 tokens in the last hour! That's like $[usually a wrong dollar calculation anyway]!!!!!!" or just brood silently about how unfair the world is.

There are so many rumors about camscore equivalency in time divided by real dollars, but I haven't seen any that were actually close. And it's safe to assume that even if someone did figure out a way to calculate camscore into money, models would probably deny it anyway... you know, since we get paid by tips, and people might not tip a girl if they think she's making astronomical amounts of cash anyway.*

However, I will say this: the camscore formula changes multiple times per month. Every day, in fact. Because it's not just tokens per hour, it's also divided against the other camgirls' average. So in January, a girl's token-per-hour could be the same as March, but it could be a drastically different camscore if the site average is way higher or lower. Even in the past 3 years, camscore averages have fluctuated dramatically. So there's no way (even for us, the girls who know our personal $/hour amounts) to state simply: 1000 camscore equals this amount of money per hour. It changes so often that anything we thought previously would no longer be correct.

*And we are. We're rolling in tokens Scrooge McDuck-style. Don't ever let anyone convince you otherwise.

Last edited:
^^^^^^

Thanks for the lengthy reply Iris,

rest assured I am not planning to become a model anytime soon. I am just a simple member on MFC with an interest how things work there.
To establish a rough figure how much a camgirl earns I would not need the camscore, just spent some time in the room on a couple of days, count the public tips and that girls get 5 cent per token is public knowledge. That will give me an idea, the real amount will be higher because of ninja tips and offline tips and so, so I get a rough minimum income..........
and the privates and groups I can look up on http://mycamgirl.net
So is someone is really interested and happy to spent some time on it the incomes are quite public...

I just stumbled across this 10$ figure on another board and was curious if that was correct....

and I have no problem with girls making a lot of money......

;)

Last edited:
^^^^^^

Thanks for the lengthy reply Iris,

rest assured I am not planning to become a model anytime soon. I am just a simple member on MFC with an interest how things work there.
To establish a rough figure how much a camgirl earns I would not need the camscore, just spent some time in the room on a couple of days, count the public tips and that girls get 5 cent per token is public knowledge. That will give me an idea, the real amount will be higher because of ninja tips and offline tips and so, so I get a rough minimum income..........
and the privates and groups I can look up on http://mycamgirl.net
So is someone is really interested and happy to spent some time on it the incomes are quite public...

I just stumbled across this 10$ figure on another board and was curious if that was correct....

and I have no problem with girls making a lot of money......

;)

we know its not that hard to find out. We just don't like adding to that around here.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
Even if you find out the $ per hour via camscore, that would only reflect the time she put in while ON CAM, and we all know that's only a portion of the actual time a cam girl puts into her job.

However, since you're just interested in the facts, then I'll just tell you: camsite viewers have been trying for years to find out how much money camgirls make. Per hour, per month, per year. And it's not that they're just curious, it's that they're jealous. I'm not trying to say that you fit into these categories. I'm just saying that 99% of people who look into these types of things are the ones who then start thinking or publicly announcing that camgirls don't deserve the money, they're a bunch of [derogatory term here], and they "just sit there doing nothing." But they're the guys who sit in camgirls' rooms, adding up all the tips she's made in the last Xamount of time, and either type in chat "WOW! You just made 12,697 tokens in the last hour! That's like $[usually a wrong dollar calculation anyway]!!!!!!" or just brood silently about how unfair the world is.

I've always been curious about how camscore works and what the actual formula is. I can promise you it has nothing to do with jealousy, if it did I would never tip anyone, it's more just like my inner geek that likes to know how things work. I dont care enough, or have enough spare time even if I did, to sit there counting tips in a variety of rooms trying to work it out but something which the whole site is kind of based around being so hidden is a little annoying to me.

The 10$ figure was correct for a camscore of 1000 at one point in time.

Some points:
Camscore fluctuates, as Iris pointed out. It changes several times a day for models that are logged on.
Camscore is an amount of tokens for online time, and that doesn't include offline time for putting on make up, checking and replying to mfc mails, promoting on social media, dealing with parcels, planning cam sessions, artwork for promotion and updating profile and many many other activities.
There is a wide variety of camscores, checking online models right now we have models from 20000 down to 40.
The median camscore is normally 600. 1000 is both the average and the figure assigned for completely new models
From MFC wiki
Median CamScore
The median CamScore is approximately 600. That means about half of the models on the site have a CamScore greater than 600, and half have a CamScore below 600.

I've always been curious about how camscore works and what the actual formula is. I can promise you it has nothing to do with jealousy, if it did I would never tip anyone, it's more just like my inner geek that likes to know how things work. I dont care enough, or have enough spare time even if I did, to sit there counting tips in a variety of rooms trying to work it out but something which the whole site is kind of based around being so hidden is a little annoying to me.

Camscore is very simple. It is C*T/H where T is the number of tokens earned in the past 60 days, H is the number of hours on cam in the last 60 days, and C is some scaling factor set by somebody (or more likely by an automated system) at MFC.

The scaling factor is recomputed on a regular basis (possibly multiple times per day) in order to make the average camscore equal to 1000. MFC doesn't publish the current value of C, but with some effort it can be figured out. (From what I understand this has been done periodically in the models-only section of the forum.) But if you really are just "curious about how camscore works" then the actual current value of C is irrelevant, so there's no need for any speculation on what that value is.

• Helpful!
Reactions: fandango
Camscore is very simple. It is C*T/H where T is the number of tokens earned in the past 60 days, H is the number of hours on cam in the last 60 days, and C is some scaling factor set by somebody (or more likely by an automated system) at MFC.

The scaling factor is recomputed on a regular basis (possibly multiple times per day) in order to make the average camscore equal to 1000. MFC doesn't publish the current value of C, but with some effort it can be figured out. (From what I understand this has been done periodically in the models-only section of the forum.) But if you really are just "curious about how camscore works" then the actual current value of C is irrelevant, so there's no need for any speculation on what that value is.

Just a geek aside here. I always thought of it as a 'Z' factor instead of 'C.' In petroleum and chemistry the difference between the behavior of an ideal gas and real world results is corrected by multiplying by a Z factor. That is usually read off a chart that's been made from doing multiple real world tests to find those differences.

There's the ideal camscore formula, with the median score being 1000, and the real world adjustment for what the median really is. So it just always made sense to me to apply the letter Z to the formula. :nerd: :bookworm:

Reactions: Always_Tim
Just a geek aside here. I always thought of it as a 'Z' factor instead of 'C.' In petroleum and chemistry the difference between the behavior of an ideal gas and real world results is corrected by multiplying by a Z factor. That is usually read off a chart that's been made from doing multiple real world tests to find those differences.

There's the ideal camscore formula, with the median score being 1000, and the real world adjustment for what the median really is. So it just always made sense to me to apply the letter Z to the formula. :nerd: :bookworm:

I only made it through two semesters of chemistry in college, so I don't think I ever ran across that. But yeah, that's a great analog to the camscore scaling factor.

As a math major I was used to just using C pretty much everywhere there's some arbitrary value whose value is ultimately irrelevant. (e.g., integration constants) But as this value isn't a constant, C wasn't a great choice.

Reactions: JerryBoBerry
Status
Not open for further replies.