AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MFC Chat commands /helper (the MFC "RoomHelper" thread)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: MFC Chat commands /helper

If my hands are free, I silence/ban etc. If my hands are busy, I shout out to my trusted mod (only 2 totally trusted people get to do this) to do it for me. If my husband is in my room I make him a mod so his posts stand out.

I wouldn't go so far as to say they need to be removed, they're completely optional. If models are frustrated that they don't have full control over their room, the. They should just not appoint a helper. I can see this being a boon to rooms that need it, same with mods on Chaturbate. I hope they work out the kinks sooner rather than later.

There should be some sort of Whitelist at the models end to stop well meaning or over eager modding, with options like.

Helper may not ban or silence these users (whitelist)
name 1
name 2
name 3
etc

That would include the option of anyone who is on the models friendslist

and maybe some options like

Helper may NOT ban or silence people who have recently tipped

I have some amazing regulars, who I care for dearly and intrust with other things, but I personally will never have a mod. it's just asking for trouble in my room anyway.

But i did a pretty big G/G show last night and the countdown counter was amazing. and made our lives so much easier.

KudosKids said:
I do not like the idea of a helper and don't see why they would want to add it as a feature.
Because people have been asking for it over and over for a long time now. They openly asked for input on features, this was one of the MAIN requested features.
KudosKids said:
As far as I can tell, it has brought a lot of frustration with many models already.
How so? Models don't have to use it. Any kinks will be worked out very soon, as with any new feature it takes time.
KudosKids said:
Also for the countdown change, this also seemed unnecessary. I could see why it would come in handy for top models,
Again... HEAVILY REQUESTED feature. From both members and models.

I can already smell the dramaz :-D

Being a mod is the furthest thing from what I'd want my experiences in camland to be. Cams have become a virtual place to unwind in at the end of the day and not have to worry about all that boring day-to-day stuff that comprises my life in the real world. One of the things I don't have to think about in camland is work, and modding a room just feels too close to unpaid work for me to ever embrace it.

I think it's a good idea in theory though. I'm sure there are plenty of members who would jump at the chance to help out their favourite models, and I'm sure there are plenty of models who have trusted regulars they'd be happy to let do some of the work for them. Everyone's a winner, yo. In practice, I guess we'll have to see how it pans out. It'll be interesting to see how frequently the wrong members are given power, how often they abuse that power, and how many models wind up losing custom behind members being wrongly banned by gung ho mods.

I think people are heavily overreacting to this.

If girls want to use it, they'll use it. Models should be pros at ignoring beggars, and as for the drama, I feel like if someone is looking to pick a fight so much, they'll find SOMETHING, anything to create drama about.

I imagine this will be extremely helpful to Sophia and M (I have no idea if they are planning on using it, I was just using them as an example of a duo), or models with similar arrangements. I know my husband is very excited about being able to moderator for me if necessary.

:twocents-02cents:

KudosKids said:
Hopefully if it becomes to much of a problem. Mfc will remove this new change. I do not like the idea of a helper and don't see why they would want to add it as a feature.
I am equally incensed that you were not consulted.

KudosKids said:
As far as I can tell, it has brought a lot of frustration with many models already.
I've heard it's been fucking anarchy, blood running in the streets and such...

KudosKids said:
Most members have the models back on mfc, but having the power of a moderator could possibly make a members head to big and get out of line and ruin a room.
It is too much power in the hands of feeble minds.

KudosKids said:
I could see why it would come in handy for top models, but they typically always have a loyal regular that is updating the countdown on there own anyways when the model is to distracted by the room to focus on the countdown.
Should the model be granting counting rights to these "Loyal Regulars" either? I mean, how well do we really know these guys? I see potential for chaos and mayhem inherent in this system as well.

KudosKids said:
I have already seen tippers leave rooms because they get mad when they see how big some ninja tips are and how they are not being counted towards the count according to the model.
There is nothing that grinds my gears more than not being able to dictate how other peoples money is spent.

KudosKids said:
These two changes both need to disappear in my opinion
:handgestures-salute:
T5q1IGD.gif

My prediction: annoying shitbags will continue to be annoying shitbags, and so, mixed up with

skype bb
open bobs
my 11 inches are ready for you on cam, bb

will be

need a mod?
need a mod?
I'd be a great mod!
mod bb?
need a mod?
you really need a mod, bb
will mod for skype, bb

bakersman said:
My prediction: annoying shitbags will continue to be annoying shitbags, and so, mixed up with

skype bb
open bobs

will be

need a mod?
need a mod?
I'd be a great mod!
mod bb?
need a mod?
will mod for skype, bb
A huge difference between CB's mod system and MFC's room helpers is that CB flaunts a mod's status to the room. I believe their name is a different color(?) and it's almost like being crowned "king of the room" there. MFC's room helpers aren't even able to be deciphered unless the model or the helper tells the room they are the helper. The viewers aren't able to see if the helper bans someone. I hope this distinction doesn't change, or it could get as annoying as bakers suggests.

AmberCutie said:
bakersman said:

skype bb
open bobs

will be

need a mod?
need a mod?
I'd be a great mod!
mod bb?
need a mod?
will mod for skype, bb
A huge difference between CB's mod system and MFC's room helpers is that CB flaunts a mod's status to the room. I believe their name is a different color(?) and it's almost like being crowned "king of the room" there. MFC's room helpers aren't even able to be deciphered unless the model or the helper tells the room they are the helper. The viewers aren't able to see if the helper bans someone. I hope this distinction doesn't change, or it could get as annoying as bakers suggests.
This was the dynamic I was most concerned about when the idea first came up, but it really seems like MFC did a good job of building it in a way that will not create some crazy power trip. I likely wont ever use it cuz it's not my thing but even though it was brand new and everyone was excited about it last night, the only time people brought up being a room helper was to poke fun at the fact that I would never use it because I'm a control freak.

It's usually worse when it's new and I didn't see a single rando bloob ask to be made a helper. I don't see it becoming the "mod epidemic" we were all concerned about at all. just a little extra optional thing that's there to make life easier for everyone if we ever decide we want to use it.

A model made me mod/helper last night. I could not ban myself :crybaby:

I didn't use the ban feature at all, because although I DESPERATELY wanted to, the 2 guys I would have booted are BFFs with the model, even though they are assclowns to the rest of the room. Darnit.

I really like the countdown feature, but I noticed 2 things that seem to be lacking (unless the model was using it incorrectly): the countdown was not updating in the topic, only in the chat; and the countdown did not saw what we were working toward.

Reactions: LadyLuna

AmberCutie said:
bakersman said:

skype bb
open bobs

will be

need a mod?
need a mod?
I'd be a great mod!
mod bb?
need a mod?
will mod for skype, bb

When I was helper it showed in the topic. Was that automatic or did the model put it there? I never thought to ask; just assumed it was part of the feature.

JimsX said:
I really like the countdown feature, but I noticed 2 things that seem to be lacking (unless the model was using it incorrectly): the countdown was not updating in the topic, only in the chat; and the countdown did not saw what we were working toward.

the topic and the countdown are not linked together, but it does update in the chat! so just look for the grey text there. Thought, i notice it shows 0 in the spot it should be the countdown remaining when the countdown is finished, which for me it was just witchcraft!

And i agree the second thing would be great if we could add a text to that! But anyways, for now just ask the model/room what is the countdown for. I bet nobody will get angry for being asked.

Was messing around with the feature last night to see how it works. I was excited when it was announced, but slightly disappointed with the results. The room helper has the ability to change your topic, which I don't see as being necessary.

The only time I see myself using this feature is during a girl/girl show. I will be making that clear to my room. Too many times I've been tongue-deep in a pretty lady, only to look over and notice someone trolling the room. This feature will certainly come in very handy when my hands/mouth are busy & I have trusted regulars watching the show! :-D

JimsX said:

The count can update the topic. But you need to use @remain.
From Amber in another post. I made it into a graphic to explain it easier to models.

Attachments

• Screenshot - 10_3_2014 , 6_58_06 PM.jpg
    Screenshot - 10_3_2014 , 6_58_06 PM.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 358

Gween said:
JimsX said:

the topic and the countdown are not linked together, but it does update in the chat! so just look for the grey text there. Thought, i notice it shows 0 in the spot it should be the countdown remaining when the countdown is finished, which for me it was just witchcraft!

And i agree the second thing would be great if we could add a text to that! But anyways, for now just ask the model/room what is the countdown for. I bet nobody will get angry for being asked.

It can update in the topic! You just have to put @remain instead of the number. Topic will update, but it will not spam the chat every time.

AmyLemon said:
KudosKids said:
Hopefully if it becomes to much of a problem. Mfc will remove this new change. I do not like the idea of a helper and don't see why they would want to add it as a feature.
I am equally incensed that you were not consulted.

:handgestures-salute:
T5q1IGD.gif

As a customer, I think a customers opinion is relevant.

Reactions: KudosKids

JerryBoBerry said:
JimsX said:

The count can update the topic. But you need to use @remain.
From Amber in another post. I made it into a graphic to explain it easier to models.

Thanks. I will be passing this along.

nzhere said:
There should be some sort of Whitelist at the models end to stop well meaning or over eager modding, with options like.

Helper may not ban or silence these users (whitelist)
name 1
name 2
name 3
etc

That would include the option of anyone who is on the models friendslist

and maybe some options like

Helper may NOT ban or silence people who have recently tipped

The whitelist idea is cool, but I disagree with not banning someone who's tipped recently. While few, there are dudes out there who think that tipping gives them the right to be a raging douche nozzle, and the helper should be able to ban those dudes if necessary.

I understand why many people don't like this feature, given the examples that we see from CB. I feel like mod status is best left to the model's partner or a model friend on her perv account, as that person would (hopefully) be more fair and aware about who should/shouldn't be banned, and less likely to be inclined to a power trip. That's just how I would use it, though, others are going to have a different opinion.

I mod my own room on cb, and I enjoy playing with the trolls on there sometimes. When I don't ban someone at the first sign of douchebaggery, guys whine and complain "where are the mods? Why are they not banning this guy?" I don't need a mod with fewer than 30 people in my room, chill. I'll ban the buttwipe, but first, I'm gonna play with him like a cat about to eat a mouse.

Autumn_LoL said:
I imagine this will be extremely helpful to Sophia and M (I have no idea if they are planning on using it, I was just using them as an example of a duo), or models with similar arrangements. I know my husband is very excited about being able to moderator for me if necessary.

It would be a cool idea for us if we hadn't been using Team Viewer since day 1 of my camming. M has always had access to my computer/screen while I'm on cam. :shifty:

We've used it multiple ways, but one of the best is our ban system when I'm in the middle of a show. He'll type "touch your hair if you want me to ban BitchCock2332*" in notepad and no one is the wiser (well, until now. lol.) He can update things for me there or see the email addresses to send vids in tip notes, etc.

We used all of this much more in the earlier stages of my camming and rarely need it now, but it's a convenient way to have him help out. This is our business together, and my room is well aware of how heavily he is involved in it, so I have no problem sharing it here.

With the helper feature, I'd worry about people holding resentment about wanting to be the "favorite," as well as the other concerns mentioned in this thread (begging, mostly). I'll be very strict about not offering it, since I run my room with an iron fist when it comes to premium banning :)

*Names changed to protect the idiots

I wonder if any models will charge members for the role of being a helper/moderator.
Or, even better yet, auction it off, “Highest tipper in the next hour gets to be my very special helper for the whole day!”.

I know there are guys who would gladly fork over their tokens for the honor and prestige of being helper for a day. I really wish there was some way for other members to see who is the helper, like a gold star next to their name in the chat roster.

Reactions: JimsX

PicNic said:
Was messing around with the feature last night to see how it works. I was excited when it was announced, but slightly disappointed with the results. The room helper has the ability to change your topic, which I don't see as being necessary.

I've seen some models specifically happy about the feature because of this, actually. For example if you were to set your countdown to the overall show goal and then use a second counter in the topic for in-between goals (like, for instance, countdown is set for a cumshow and there are in-between milestones for top off/bra off/etc. ) and for the ability to clear up flash tips when she's naked, stuff like that.

Again, though, it doesn't let you edit the current topic at the moment, but rather gives you a blank field to set a new one. So the helper would have to copy/paste the current topic first.

I would be a helper for a close model friend, but honestly the last thing I want to do is more work after I get home from work and then doing all the random housework that needed doing. I just do not understand the attraction.

Its a good feature if the model needs it. Sometimes were busy and cant do it. Our hands are oily, fingers are in us, were in the shower, etc. It's the models job to not pick someone who is an idiot or that they don't know. Yes on CB a girl picked a random and he went through and banned everyone in her room once. Also when CB first started the mod feature the screen would jump at times and make you ban someone you never meant to ban, so they changed it to let the model unban. I'm sure MFC will fix that right away to happen too.

Myself I never modded anyone who didn't know me and my room. If someone asked i'd tell them no and that was that. My guys knew unless someone was being a sick fuck/completely outright mean/spamming everyone got one warning before a ban. If they kept it up they had full permission to kick them out. They also knew if someone was particularly gross like asking for me to do something with one of my cats to leave them be so I could permaban them myself.

It's not hard and it's not rocket science. It's an option. It's no big deal. I swear. You will all live if you don't like it.

I guess the helper feature is a good one to have, I know many busy models use them already. Will be especially useful when models have another model friend visit too, can pass on this feature to someone who knows what they are doing.

I think handing helper over to the wrong person could go very wrong for the model. Banning the wrong member even for only a few hours might encourage a good member to leave her for good, esp. when done by another.

ItsBillyBitch said:
I wonder if any models will charge members for the role of being a helper/moderator.
Or, even better yet, auction it off, “Highest tipper in the next hour gets to be my very special helper for the whole day!”.

I know there are guys who would gladly fork over their tokens for the honor and prestige of being helper for a day. I really wish there was some way for other members to see who is the helper, like a gold star next to their name in the chat roster.

:lol: Already happened. I was helper/mod for 10 whole minutes. Paid 25 tokens for the "honour." :lol:

Wow, this is a pretty strong & strange reaction to an optional command/feature.

I mean I can understand everyone's apprehension and not wanting their favorite room to fall under the rule of a horrible chaturbate-style, overly ban/mute-happy, moderator/helper ...

but I think this line of thinking is really not giving the cam models the credit to not only test this feature and pick people who are properly suited for the position, but it's also not giving them credit that if things do go wrong ... they can like ... you know ... not use the feature and everything will be A-ok most likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.