AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MFC Chat commands /helper (the MFC "RoomHelper" thread)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also...
I saw the usual suspects testing this in the Test Cam 4 room...
There apparently is a way to make the Room Helper actions visible to all in the chat (like another website does). I hope this is enabled soon and that it would be a very nice add. It would also help in the rooms of new Models who might give the "power" lol to the wrong person who could ban members left and right without her immediately knowing. Obviously people could send PMs and MFC mails, but in someones first few days that might not get seen immediately.

As someone who serves as a Room Helper every show, it would be cool for me so people would never be able to accuse me of doing anything undesirable by the Model.

Ghost said:
Also...
There apparently is a way to make the Room Helper actions visible to all in the chat (like another website does). I hope this is enabled soon and that it would be a very nice add. It would also help in the rooms of new Models who might give the "power" lol to the wrong person who could ban members left and right without her immediately knowing. Obviously people could send PMs and MFC mails, but in someones first few days that might not get seen immediately.

As someone who serves as a Room Helper every show, it would be cool for me so people would never be able to accuse me of doing anything undesirable by the Model.
The model already *does* get immediate notification when the Helper has banned someone, right? Also, I think it's good that public chat doesn't get notified when the model bans someone, so it seems better to preserve that behavior when it's the Helper doing it. I don't know how it goes on other sites but it seems like it would be a big distraction to have ban notifications show up in public chat.

A model shouldn't be designating strangers as Room Helpers anyway, so I'd think new models wouldn't trust anyone to be Room Helper or would only use someone they had already trusted before they started camming.

bsurs said:
The model already *does* get immediate notification when the Helper has banned someone, right?
Why do you think that? I wasn't aware they do.

bsurs said:
Ghost said:
Also...

The model already *does* get immediate notification when the Helper has banned someone, right? Also, I think it's good that public chat doesn't get notified when the model bans someone, so it seems better to preserve that behavior when it's the Helper doing it. I don't know how it goes on other sites but it seems like it would be a big distraction to have ban notifications show up in public chat.

A model shouldn't be designating strangers as Room Helpers anyway, so I'd think new models wouldn't trust anyone to be Room Helper or would only use someone they had already trusted before they started camming.
Exactly all this!

Giving the model an immediate notification (and a complete action log) when the helper does anything was built-in to the original roll out, so unless they removed it (which I don't think they would, it was agreed upon during testing that it was important) it's still there.

If they ever make any of the actions visible to the room, I sure hope it's only an option and not the default/required. The last thing any of us want MFC to turn into is a CB clone.

JerryBoBerry said:
bsurs said:
The model already *does* get immediate notification when the Helper has banned someone, right?
Why do you think that? I wasn't aware they do.
I've been Room Helper a few times and that's what the model told us -- and she did immediately thank me after I banned someone.

I had a model try and poach a member (who had 1k tkns visibly sitting in his account) from my room by offering him the opportunity to be her room helper. I have told my room that I do not use and will not use this feature. He said that he was tempted to try it out. He decided to stay because I was offering shots and he was "too invested" in getting me drunk. :lol:

I'm just curious from a members perspective if this would be a reason for you to leave a room? I'm also curious if any other models have experienced this?

NicoleRiley said:
I had a model try and poach a member (who had 1k tkns visibly sitting in his account) from my room by offering him the opportunity to be her room helper. I have told my room that I do not use and will not use this feature. He said that he was tempted to try it out. He decided to stay because I was offering shots and he was "too invested" in getting me drunk. :lol:

I'm just curious from a members perspective if this would be a reason for you to leave a room? I'm also curious if any other models have experienced this?

Nope, never. I was briefly room helper, and it meant nothing to me. All the models I enjoy spending time with are capable of moderating their own rooms. I would never leave for such an offer.

Reactions: NicoleRiley
NicoleRiley said:

For me, no. Not even close. I've been a room helper a few times just to try it out and experiment. But it's not something i need to do. If i regularly got assigned as a helper I'd almost feel trapped and that I couldn't leave then. So a model trying to use that as enticement to come to her room makes me chuckle.

NicoleRiley said:

If this came from a model I hang out with frequently, I probably would jump in if asked to since this feels like helping a friend. Now, for a random model that I never heard of before? No way.. I have better ways to entertain myself than to be able to limit the ability of random people on the internet to see someone on the internet enjoy herself... After all, I do have a lot of sleep debt to take care off... And dozens of series and movies to watch, lots of unplayed games to play... :p

And to be fair - I never got the whole 'trying to poach members from another room' thing. That whole attitude screams of disrespect towards people who are in essence your coworkers, which means that I really don't want to hang out with you..

weirdbr said:
And to be fair - I never got the whole 'trying to poach members from another room' thing. That whole attitude screams of disrespect towards people who are in essence your coworkers, which means that I really don't want to hang out with you..

In almost every case i've encountered a model trying to poach a member away, the model is one who thinks of camming purely in terms of a sex related job. The thought of a member wanting to chat or have social interaction doesn't really occur to them.

It's obvious the only reason you could be on a sex site is to watch a woman spread her legs and fuck herself silly with strange objects. So offering to that for less should work, right?

My only complaint so far is I have seen a room helper who didn't do math correctly when given the responsibility of updating the token amount in the topic for a countdown. Many people are not qualified for that task.

The new counter feature seems to have occasional times when it just stops working too.

Status
Not open for further replies.