AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MFC / Chaturbate Advice?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kassie_Lynn

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Dec 4, 2014
West Coast of USA
Alright everyone! I'm new to both sites, but am not too new to the whole camming aspect.
What is your guys's best advice to make a lot of money before the 16th (end of this pay period)?

I need to make (at minimum) $1,000 by then.
My perfect amount needed would be $3,000+ but $1,000 is my minimum.

Another question is, what would you guys say your average earnings are?

Thanks everyone!

I don't think models will tell you how much they make in the public section of the forum. You might have more luck in the Models only.
(And it totally depends on your own performance/market).

Reactions: Teagan and DeezNA
eclipse76 said:
I don't think models will tell you how much they make in the public section of the forum. You might have more luck in the Models only.

Need verification first.

If not that, just vague advice on how to maximize my profits. :?

Aubree_Kae said:
eclipse76 said:

Need verification first.

Honestly, I just say make a business plan and write everything down (If you have content to sell already what you will price it as, what kind of camming persona you want to establish, graphics for profiles, what amount you want to charge for what kind of shows, how long will you be on, trying out different time slots, what your daily token goals are, make a twitter or tumblr to market yourself while offline etc)
No one can tell you how much you can expect to make.
Because everyone is vastly different. The 'average' camgirl apparently makes around $20-ish an hour (I could be wrong on this I'm only judging that notion based on average camscore mfc models) ...some make waaaay more, some make much less. What works well for one girl may not work well for another. Only experience on cam will help you develop your camming style and go from there. :)

Carmita Bonita said:
Aubree_Kae said:
eclipse76 said:

Need verification first.

Honestly, I just say make a business plan and write everything down (If you have content to sell already what you will price it as, what kind of camming persona you want to establish, graphics for profiles, what amount you want to charge for what kind of shows, how long will you be on, trying out different time slots, what your daily token goals are, make a twitter or tumblr to market yourself while offline etc)
No one can tell you how much you can expect to make.
Because everyone is vastly different. The 'average' camgirl apparently makes around $20-ish an hour (I could be wrong on this I'm only judging that notion based on average camscore mfc models) ...some make waaaay more, some make much less.

Thank you for an actual answer and advice!
On Streamate I could make like $100-$200 a day without much effort, so I'm hoping MFC would be better since the commission is ~3x higher on MFC than my SM studio.
Chaturbate has the same commission as SM, so eh. But them both together should be nice.

Reactions: Carmita Bonita
Also what I want to add is if you're new on MFC your new model status banner is vital
This lasts for 8 hours and it's important to really be on your A-game as many many models find their room count significantly drops after it ends.
What I did is I split up my new model status logging on just 2 hours at a time, spreading it out for about a week to get a decent buzz about myself and noticed little to no change in my traffic after I lost the banner, as opposed to wearing it all down completely the first 2 sessions.

Carmita Bonita said:
Also what I want to add is if you're new on MFC your new model status banner is vital
This lasts for 8 hours and it's important to really be on your A-game as many many models find their room count significantly drops after it ends.
What I did is I split up my new model status logging on just 2 hours at a time, spreading it out for about a week to get a decent buzz about myself and noticed little to no change in my traffic after I lost the banner, as opposed to wearing it all down completely the first 2 sessions.

I will definitely try that out! Thanks!

Also, before the edit: MFC & Chaturbate have the same token payout, and Chaturbate has 20% payout, which was about the same as my SM studio, compared to MFC's 60-65%.

I believe that's what I read, at least.

Aubree_Kae said:
Carmita Bonita said:

Also, before the edit: MFC & Chaturbate have the same token payout, and Chaturbate has 20% payout, which was about the same as my SM studio, compared to MFC's 60-65%.

Ahh I see. I wasn't sure what you meant, unless you're signed up through a studio on chaturbate. I worked on chaturbate for 2 years and it was pretty much around the same payout as MFC. Good luck and see you on the models only side! :D

Models will correct me if I'm wrong, but setting yourself a monetary target, with a deadline on top, seems to be a good recipe to fail from a few previous threads I've read. You'll be more and more stressed and it will show on cam, it will probably push you to be "demanding" and it could turn customers away.
  • Right now we're looking at 20,000 tokens in less than 10 days with no regular since your new on both website. If you already have a userbase from other websites, try to bring them to MFC (with luck they already have an account) to help you. If you have any social media like Twitter or Tumblr, be sure to remind them you've changed website.
  • You're new, so you will have the benefit of having the "New model" status on your profile which will bring you traffic. It's not always good traffic though, they will try to take advantage of your inexperience.
  • From your profile, I'm afraid you are in the mindset to start with high prices, I'm telling this because you have a "1000 tokens for one custom pic / 3000 tokens for a custom vid", which seems kind of high for a beginner (1/ I think you should negotiate that on a per case basis 2/ You don't have any videos for sales yet: people requesting custom vids would want to buy a premade vid to check the quality before asking customs).

Aubree_Kae said:
On Streamate I could make like $100-$200 a day without much effort, so I'm hoping MFC would be better since the commission is ~3x higher on MFC than my SM studio.
Chaturbate has the same commission as SM, so eh. But them both together should be nice.
Streamate takes a bigger cut, but Streamate has more tipping customers, probably because the Gold Shows system tends to keep out freeloaders and rewards tippers . In the end you can make more bucks quickly on Streamate.

eclipse76 said:
Models will correct me if I'm wrong, but setting yourself a monetary target, with a deadline on top, seems to be a good recipe to fail from a few previous threads I've read. You'll be more and more stressed and it will show on cam, it will probably push you to be "demanding" and it could turn customers away.
  • Right now we're looking at 20,000 tokens in less than 10 days with no regular since your new on both website. If you already have a userbase from other websites, try to bring them to MFC (with luck they already have an account) to help you. If you have any social media like Twitter or Tumblr, be sure to remind them you've changed website.
  • You're new, so you will have the benefit of having the "New model" status on your profile which will bring you traffic. It's not always good traffic though, they will try to take advantage of your inexperience.
  • From your profile, I'm afraid you are in the mindset to start with high prices, I'm telling this because you have a "1000 tokens for one custom pic / 3000 tokens for a custom vid", which seems kind of high for a beginner (1/ I think you should negotiate that on a per case basis 2/ You don't have any videos for sales yet: people requesting custom vids would want to buy a premade vid to check the quality before asking customs).

Monetary goals have done me well in the past.
I'm not inexperienced, I've been on webcam before and know my limits.
I have done research on various profiles before I made my own. I am willing to negotiate, but if someone is willing to pay my price, then that's good for me.
And I have videos, just none for sale yet. I have ones I can show as preview before making customs.

None of this was what I was worried about at all.

eclipse76 said:
Aubree_Kae said:
Streamate takes a bigger cut, but Streamate has more tipping customers, probably because the Gold Shows system tends to keep out freeloaders and rewards tippers . In the end you can make more bucks quickly on Streamate.

Streamate is no longer an option for me.

I know this isn't true of everyone. But my first 1000 dollar paycheck on Mfc was after about 10 months of camming there. Granted it was my first full time paycheck as well.

My advice is to sell your videos if you feel comfortable. I don't think I would have made much over there without video sales, because they give something to the user for the tokens. Or you could make a photoset. Or maybe even a limited time only video that you will only sell until the 15th. Then post that sale on Twitter every day. Post when you are online, while you are online, any time in is slow, to try and boost traffic.

Mfc takes time and patience. Members normally have to get to know you really well before they spend a lot of tokens ;)

Edit:: I thought chaturbate had 50% payout?

Reactions: LilyMarie
Chaturbate 20.99 for 200 tokens and 1 token equals .05
MFC 19.99 for 200 tokens and 1 tokens equals .05

Not sure where you are getting 20% from, but that is wrong. MFC and Chaturbate have roughly the same payout as you can see from above.

Your best bet to make that much is to work as many hours possible. Other than that, it is all chance. Being new to these sites, you don't have a rhythm of what is going to work for you yet so the only you can control is the amount of time you work.

Aubree_Kae said:
Carmita Bonita said:

Um, where did you see that Chaturbate pays out 20%? Because their token structure is exactly the same as MFC, if you're getting less, it's through a studio.

SaffronBurke said:
Aubree_Kae said:
Carmita Bonita said:

Um, where did you see that Chaturbate pays out 20%? Because their token structure is exactly the same as MFC, if you're getting less, it's through a studio.

I read that on their website, but I was just skimming quickly.
If you guys say it's 50%, then it most likely is and then yay.

Thanks for the advice everyone.

Reactions: Carmita Bonita
Percentage is kind of irrelevant on a token-based site though. You get 5 cents for every token earned and that's really all that matters. :)

AllisonWilder said:
Percentage is kind of irrelevant on a token-based site though. You get 5 cents for every token earned and that's really all that matters. :)

Unless you go into private shows and whatnot, right?

Aubree_Kae said:
AllisonWilder said:

No. You get 5 cents per every token earned. Percentage comes into play when you consider what packages members are buying. Members buying larger packages means you're technically getting a larger percentage of the money they spent but at the end of the day a token is just a token and it's always a nickel.

Aubree_Kae said:
AllisonWilder said:

Nope, MFC and CB give you a flat .05 cents per token, whether it's earned through tips or privates. It really doesn't matter what percentage of the purchase price per token it is, because you're getting a flat rate per token that you can always count on. On MFC, taking a Private will earn you 60 tk per min, and a Tru-Private will earn you 80 tk per min. To figure out how much you've earned on either of these sites, go to your token stats and take whatever the number is and multiply it by .05 to convert it to your earnings in US dollars.

On sites like SM where it's a percentage (in the case of SM, it's 35% if you sign up directly through them), you will have the option to change what you charge for a Prem/Excl chat (this can be anything from .99 per min. all the way up to over $14 per min., depending on how you want to price yourself) and you earn a set percentage of what you earn. You do have the option to offer 'block sessions' on SM where guys can pay less per minute for your Prem/Excl chat... but you still earn 35% of what they're paying per minute. So say you decide to charge $5.99 per min. for Prem; so if someone stays in your chat for 5 min., then that's 5.99*5/100*35=$10.48 your take-home for that Prem. chat. However, on SM you do NOT have to do this math yourself; whatever you see under the 'Earnings' tab is your cut. (This may be my favorite thing about SM, no need for calculators, lol!)

Note: I do realize that you don't cam on SM (anymore?), but someone else might come along who's confused and wants a breakdown between tokens/percentage! :)

I've never understood why models seem to focus on percentages for MFC or CB UNLESS you are working for a studio that's taking a cut. It's completely irrelevant what members pay for the tokens. If I pay 8cents or a bit less in a large package and Quincy pays 10/11 cents per for his small package, so what? Thats our worry. It doesn't affect your income at all. The payout from MFC/CB is still a nickle per token.
What I do notice tho is the tip size difference between the 2 sites. MFC has traditionally had larger small tips in the years I've been there 10/20/50's are very common. CB on the other hand, until you find a niche and a following, tips seem to be a lot smaller. I was astounded the first weeks I was there because guys seemed to think tossing a nickle or dime at a girl once an hour was going to get them something besides a thanks. [yes, i know they add up and all that.]
:thumbleft:

SoTxBob said:
I've never understood why models seem to focus on percentages for MFC or CB UNLESS you are working for a studio that's taking a cut. It's completely irrelevant what members pay for the tokens. If I pay 8cents or a bit less in a large package and Quincy pays 10/11 cents per for his small package, so what? Thats our worry. It doesn't affect your income at all. The payout from MFC/CB is still a nickle per token.
What I do notice tho is the tip size difference between the 2 sites. MFC has traditionally had larger small tips in the years I've been there 10/20/50's are very common. CB on the other hand, until you find a niche and a following, tips seem to be a lot smaller. I was astounded the first weeks I was there because guys seemed to think tossing a nickle or dime at a girl once an hour was going to get them something besides a thanks. [yes, i know they add up and all that.]
:thumbleft:
Used to focusing on percentage because I did work for a studio.
I'm also very organized and like planning and knowing things ahead of time.
And I'm not sure you understood why I'm worried about percentage, because part of that paragraph doesn't have much relevance.
It's not completely irrelevant, and if it was, it wouldn't even be mentioned.
It's definitely not very relevant at all. I get that.

GemmaMoore said:
Aubree_Kae said:
AllisonWilder said:

Nope, MFC and CB give you a flat .05 cents per token, whether it's earned through tips or privates. It really doesn't matter what percentage of the purchase price per token it is, because you're getting a flat rate per token that you can always count on. On MFC, taking a Private will earn you 60 tk per min, and a Tru-Private will earn you 80 tk per min. To figure out how much you've earned on either of these sites, go to your token stats and take whatever the number is and multiply it by .05 to convert it to your earnings in US dollars.

On sites like SM where it's a percentage (in the case of SM, it's 35% if you sign up directly through them), you will have the option to change what you charge for a Prem/Excl chat (this can be anything from .99 per min. all the way up to over $14 per min., depending on how you want to price yourself) and you earn a set percentage of what you earn. You do have the option to offer 'block sessions' on SM where guys can pay less per minute for your Prem/Excl chat... but you still earn 35% of what they're paying per minute. So say you decide to charge $5.99 per min. for Prem; so if someone stays in your chat for 5 min., then that's 5.99*5/100*35=$10.48 your take-home for that Prem. chat. However, on SM you do NOT have to do this math yourself; whatever you see under the 'Earnings' tab is your cut. (This may be my favorite thing about SM, no need for calculators, lol!)

Note: I do realize that you don't cam on SM (anymore?), but someone else might come along who's confused and wants a breakdown between tokens/percentage! :)
I worded that confusingly, my apologies. I get the .05 per 1 token.

Thank you for the info though. And yes, I'm not on SM anymore. Studio screwed me over and I'm unable to go back for however many days they want to continue screwing me.

What works well for one girl may not work well for another.

I agree on this one Ive seen some models especially on mfc making 2000+ tokens for dildo cum show, while other girls do it just for 100tokens hence their cam score is below 1000 (and if they work in studio it gives them 2,50$) means you have to do 4 cum shows to make 10$

Girls who work by themselves probably get 50%

wonderkittyy said:

I agree on this one Ive seen some models especially on mfc making 2000+ tokens for dildo cum show, while other girls do it just for 100tokens hence their cam score is below 1000 (and if they work in studio it gives them 2,50$) means you have to do 4 cum shows to make 10$

No. :woops:
They always get 5 cents per token. That means they get different percentages, depending on what the member paid for their token package, but it doesn't matter because they ALWAYS get 5 cents. How is that so hard to understand? It's always been like this, and it's been said numerous times in this thread.

LilyMarie said:
wonderkittyy said:

No. :woops:
They always get 5 cents per token. That means they get different percentages, depending on what the member paid for their token package, but it doesn't matter because they ALWAYS get 5 cents. How is that so hard to understand? It's always been like this, and it's been said numerous times in this thread.
I'm 99% sure that while MFC does always pay out 5 cents per token, a studio model might very well make only 2.5 cents per token with the rest going to the studio. That 50% division with the studio seems a relevant percentage to be focused on as a studio model. Non studio models, of course, get 100% of that 5c token.

I agree that how much the member pays for that token is not so relevant. It's almost always variable, and almost always somewhere around 10c. A theoretical site that was charging members $1 for a 5c token would be one to avoid, but none of the major sites are in that situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.