AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MFC crashes again

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bloody MFC crashing again! Don't you know I'm trying to perv at the moment!

and again... :angry4: What is going on - it'd be really nice for a little communication as obviously something isn't right at present (whether hardware issues on their server, or c*nts doing a DOS, or whatever).

Welcome to MFC LOL :techie-computer: :violence-plasma:

Zoomer said:
and again... :angry4: What is going on - it'd be really nice for a little communication as obviously something isn't right at present (whether hardware issues on their server, or c*nts doing a DOS, or whatever).
this is bothering more than the downtime, actually. if we knew what was going on perhaps I could plan my camming time around it. this money is really important to me because I'm hoping to move soon so if MFC keeps this up I'm going to have to find another site.

Zoomer said:

From what Leo told me, the two main reasons why the site crashes are:
1) A hacker
2) A software change/update. They normally do not test the software when they update it, they just put it in and hope it works. When crashes and other problems begin to happen, they know something is wrong and needs to be fixed.

CandieMoose said:
Zoomer said:

1) A hacker
2) A software change/update. They normally do not test the software when they update it, they just put it in and hope it works. When crashes and other problems begin to happen, they know something is wrong and needs to be fixed.

Why cant Leo tell everyone that? Haha.

CandieMoose said:
1) A hacker

That one SCARES me. All our personal info for payments (full names, addresses, bank names, bank account numbers, etc) are very obviously and clearly written out with zero effort to hide it. If they're getting hacked often enough to list it as a reason for the MFC crashes, what are the chances that some of our personal info is getting out as well?

Alright, this is getting fucking ridiculous!!!!!!!!! This is day SIX now of not making money (or very little) b/c MFC is fucking up. I got online and NO ONE is talking, not even my friends who are in the room! I check out other rooms and the lag on cams loading is insane. So not only does MFC screw up, but guys are giving up on it (and understandably so) and doing other things, so once it works again, everyone has left!!! GRRRRRRR... soooooo annoyed!

EllaXoXo said:
Alright, this is getting fucking ridiculous!!!!!!!!! This is day SIX now of not making money (or very little) b/c MFC is fucking up. I got online and NO ONE is talking, not even my friends who are in the room! I check out other rooms and the lag on cams loading is insane. So not only does MFC screw up, but guys are giving up on it (and understandably so) and doing other things, so once it works again, everyone has left!!! GRRRRRRR... soooooo annoyed!

A friend yesterday, she struggles - camscore about 950 (risen from 300) and mainly makes tokens through group shows. Several times last night we get to 2 for grp, and the site crashes. Making matters worse, disconnections seem to happen for European models even when the site doesn't crash - so she was getting disconnected every 10 mins. Her connections to other sites were fine, just MFC (model software?).

As a member, whilst cam rooms sometimes seemed fine - I experienced frozen cams, the archive wouldn't load, private gallery wouldn't load, webcam wouldn't load (all getting timed out) and at one point last night - login wouldn't work either. It felt like issues occurred every 15 minutes last night. So problems aren't just a crash, but ongoing.

Since my favourite model isn't on until Sunday night - that's me out of MFC for the weekend. If they can't figure it out after a week, or pay a third party to do so for them, then I guess I'll take a week off from visiting MFC. It is pretty much pointless at present.

GRR MFC keeps going down on me and it seems to just be me? It keeps losing connection and kicking me off. I was on less than an hour earlier and it did it at least 7 times and then I gave up.
Tonight it's done the same, I just had to log off coz my cam was flashing on and off!
It never used to do this, so I'm hoping it's just MFCs problems and not something my end, eek.
But it seems to be just me having problems, so maybe it's a sign I should quit MFC or something, I'm really crap at it anyway so whatever haha.

Looks like I picked a good first week to start on MFC :roll: Almost every single time I've tried to go online it either wouldn't let me on or I read other models tweets about the site currently failing/being dead so decide not to mess with it. Badbadbad. Maybe I'll try to open a new account and try that whole New Girl thing again. :woops: I feel like people aren't as likely to be online due to the scary token problems. Grrr.

Zoomer said:
KarmelKiss said:
Last night my privates weren't working.

*giggles*

Oh, wait, you mean private show - ah :whistle:
LOL, I walked into that one! But yea, my privates are fully functioning and ready to rock and roll, ta. Not sure what the shows are going to be like yet though :lol:

Zoomer said:
KarmelKiss said:
Last night my privates weren't working.

*giggles*

Oh, wait, you mean private show - ah :whistle:

Hahaha I thought exactly the same thing but didn't want to say incase everyone thought I was a perv or something!

KarmelKiss said:
Bollocks, I hope it has settled down for when I get on. Last night my privates weren't working. :(

It was working this morning and then I froze on my second to last private (show!!!) with my cam flashing on and off for public chat to see and then the last private I ended up having to do on Skype since the member couldn't see me, nor could the spies.

MFC are aware of this? Or is it time to start sending an email to support every fucking day until they seem to either do something, or let people know wtf is going on.

Zoomer said:
MFC are aware of this? Or is it time to start sending an email to support every fucking day until they seem to either do something, or let people know wtf is going on.
This is nothing new and of course they know. The same things that are happening right now have occurred in the same sequence a few times over the last year and a half. After a rough patch, things start getting back to working again. They leave us clueless as to what's happening but it wouldn't make sense to think they're just kicking back and not doing a damn thing about it. They're working on it. All these weird little bugs and glitches that are popping up now are a result of them trying to make changes to improve aspects of the site.

While I do wish they gave at least us models a news update once in a while, I won't sit here and think they're just watching people struggle and watching the $ roll in and not actively working to fix things.

AmberCutie said:
While I do wish they gave at least us models a news update once in a while, I won't sit here and think they're just watching people struggle and watching the $ roll in and not actively working to fix things.

hehe, you mis-understood what I meant. When you have a system running which auto restarts upon reboot - if you don't actively watch it or check logs - it is entirely possible to be oblivious to what is going on. The site crashes they'll be aware of, but the every 10 minute freeze/stopping working of cams, or chat, or archive is not necessarily something they are aware of. Perhaps they are aware of the issues users are facing, or perhaps they are not aware as to the extent of the issues being faced by some.

Maybe some are also experiencing more issues than others (last night was my first grp show which lasted more than a few minutes due to a crash). Just very frustrating to see a model friend unable to have a grp, or pvt, without it being buggered by the site within 5 minutes...

Zoomer said:
AmberCutie said:

hehe, you mis-understood what I meant. When you have a system running which auto restarts upon reboot - if you don't actively watch it or check logs - it is entirely possible to be oblivious to what is going on. The site crashes they'll be aware of, but the every 10 minute freeze/stopping working of cams, or chat, or archive is not necessarily something they are aware of. Perhaps they are aware of the issues users are facing, or perhaps they are not aware as to the extent of the issues being faced by some.

Maybe some are also experiencing more issues than others (last night was my first grp show which lasted more than a few minutes due to a crash). Just very frustrating to see a model friend unable to have a grp, or pvt, without it being buggered by the site within 5 minutes...
If you've even had the *thought* of emailing MFC support about an issue, you can pretty much guarantee that 20 other people have already done so, lol. I can't imagine how many emails about the same issues are piling up in their support inbox daily. I should have also conveyed that in my post.

Zoomer, there is a reason that we call it My Fail Cams

Maybe one issue led to emails, which due to their volume caused the issue...

:eek: It's a catch 22 situation with Email complaints causing the issue :lol:

Does anyone else keep losing connection with the server?
The last few times I've gone on, within 10 minutes I get a error saying I've lost connection to the server and then I get logged out and have to log back in again.
All other cam sites work fine, it's just MFC I'm having problems with.
I go on the MFC home page and all other models are still logged in, so I'm guessing it's just me getting this problem, which sucks. :(

AngelicTease said:
Does anyone else keep losing connection with the server?
The last few times I've gone on, within 10 minutes I get a error saying I've lost connection to the server and then I get logged out and have to log back in again.
All other cam sites work fine, it's just MFC I'm having problems with.
I go on the MFC home page and all other models are still logged in, so I'm guessing it's just me getting this problem, which sucks. :(

Sorry to say I'm glad to hear you get this too - mainly as it reassures a friend she isn't the only one (I'm not glad to hear it is happening, just that she's not the only one). I say that as you're not alone, one model "friend" in particular gets disconnected very regularly (about every 15 minutes), and hasn't been able to have a grp in the last week because of this (either dies when it hits 2, or within a few minutes of grp starting :( ). The other night she got 3 disconnections in 10 minutes at one point...

Status
Not open for further replies.