AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MFC kicking Models off line.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll just chime in here and mention... I've gotten kicked off all day. I have been camming on and off since 9 am EST, pretty much only leaving because of my frustration with not being able to stay online. Anyone else having issues with this today?

I think it's happened about 15 times today by my estimate.

Reactions: LadyLuna
I stayed in the 500 range for a long time...

My camscore is still not great, but it's stable in the 2.500 - 3.500

and I understand what the girls are saying...They are not talking about the nice hard-working girls that just didnt yet meet regulars, or didnt have the luck of a great tipper to visit their room...
They are talking about those hundreds of women on last page that sit there without even brushing their hair, with a face of "i dont give a fuck".. that dont even speak English or try to respond the room at all, and that usually do shows that are completely disgusting and even harmful to the health (extreme fisting, eat poop, pee, whatever else is out there..)

Not only they are taking up space in the website, they are also bringing a terrible "low standard" feel to it.

I think the point isn't about higher models wanted lower scored models being kicked off. It's more what would be beneficial to the site. Lily clearly makes a decent living and does pretty well on mfc, mfc gets 50-60% of that, so mfc makes a decent amount off Lily. There are currently 55 models online with a camscore of under 100. Now there are people in their rooms, so clearly there are people who like them, so they are some kind of niche. Unfortunately it seems no one is willing to tip much for this niche. These camgirls are making very very little, and it doesn't seem to be because they've been overlooked. I'm not making these points to try and make people lose their jobs, I'm talking from a business point of view, seeing as mfc is hardly going to listen to any of this it's not really a big deal.
These very low camscore models cost mfc money to have online. Lets say there's about an average of 4 people in each room, that's 220 people. A lot of these camgirls seem to be not so different from each other, so say 220 people of mfcs traffic would have to go elsewhere, possibly into other camgirls rooms who pull similar a similar niche. Seeing as they make very little money, and very little money means literally peanuts even if they cammed all day and night long what's the point?

It's easy for people to get very on their high horses about people losing jobs etc. But essentially, camming is a business, would you pay money to have someone in your business and slow down how everything works for someone who doesn't bring anything in? Mfc isn't a charity to give poor girls money, it's a business where poor girls have the opportunity to earn. I don't really see why working on a camsite should eliminate chances of being fired for not bringing anything in.

There are obviously cases where a girl has been overlooked, sometimes when girls have low camscores for ages and it takes a while to bring it back up, it's a tough system, but I also wonder if low camscore models were actually monitored and they removed girls who weren't taking it at all seriously/breaking the rules/generally not earning anything if it'd mean that girls who had been formerly overlooked might be less lost in the crowds. Maybe it'd mean more guys would go check out low camscore models, because right now, really, how many people do? Looking at that last page, as harsh as it may sound you can see why they're on the last page. On my laptop it shows 8 pages, the top of the 4th page you're only just into the girls with 600 camscore, pretty much meaning of the 1600 models online right now, 1000 of them have a camscore of under 600.

Obviously none of this would ever happen, but I don't see why it'd be such a big deal for someone who's shit at their job being fired or told to buck up and those who take their jobs seriously be given more of an opportunity.

The number of active streams is what's likely having an impact on lag and site stability, not the number of models logged into the site. If there were fewer models logged in but the same number of viewers, you'd get rid of some inbound streams but I don't think it would make much of a difference.

Looking at how many guests are in the average room though, time limiting guest viewing would probably make a huge difference, and considering a basic account is free I'm not sure why they don't do that.

rexcode said:
The number of active streams is what's likely having an impact on lag and site stability, not the number of models logged into the site. If there were fewer models logged in but the same number of viewers, you'd get rid of some inbound streams but I don't think it would make much of a difference.

Looking at how many guests are in the average room though, time limiting guest viewing would probably make a huge difference, and considering a basic account is free I'm not sure why they don't do that.

I believe there should be a time limit to watch a cam as a guest/basic

Isabella_deL said:
I think the point isn't about higher models wanted lower scored models being kicked off. It's more what would be beneficial to the site. Lily clearly makes a decent living and does pretty well on mfc, mfc gets 50-60% of that, so mfc makes a decent amount off Lily. There are currently 55 models online with a camscore of under 100. Now there are people in their rooms, so clearly there are people who like them, so they are some kind of niche. Unfortunately it seems no one is willing to tip much for this niche. These camgirls are making very very little, and it doesn't seem to be because they've been overlooked. I'm not making these points to try and make people lose their jobs, I'm talking from a business point of view, seeing as mfc is hardly going to listen to any of this it's not really a big deal.
These very low camscore models cost mfc money to have online. Lets say there's about an average of 4 people in each room, that's 220 people. A lot of these camgirls seem to be not so different from each other, so say 220 people of mfcs traffic would have to go elsewhere, possibly into other camgirls rooms who pull similar a similar niche. Seeing as they make very little money, and very little money means literally peanuts even if they cammed all day and night long what's the point?

It's easy for people to get very on their high horses about people losing jobs etc. But essentially, camming is a business, would you pay money to have someone in your business and slow down how everything works for someone who doesn't bring anything in? Mfc isn't a charity to give poor girls money, it's a business where poor girls have the opportunity to earn. I don't really see why working on a camsite should eliminate chances of being fired for not bringing anything in.

There are obviously cases where a girl has been overlooked, sometimes when girls have low camscores for ages and it takes a while to bring it back up, it's a tough system, but I also wonder if low camscore models were actually monitored and they removed girls who weren't taking it at all seriously/breaking the rules/generally not earning anything if it'd mean that girls who had been formerly overlooked might be less lost in the crowds. Maybe it'd mean more guys would go check out low camscore models, because right now, really, how many people do? Looking at that last page, as harsh as it may sound you can see why they're on the last page. On my laptop it shows 8 pages, the top of the 4th page you're only just into the girls with 600 camscore, pretty much meaning of the 1600 models online right now, 1000 of them have a camscore of under 600.

Obviously none of this would ever happen, but I don't see why it'd be such a big deal for someone who's shit at their job being fired or told to buck up and those who take their jobs seriously be given more of an opportunity.

How do you know they are shit at their job? Do you have access to MFC's internal record keeping? If MFC makes a single penny off of these models after expenses then they are profit. MFC is run as a business and it is being run better than I ever could make it run myself.

Shaun__ said:
Isabella_deL said:

How do you know they are shit at their job? Do you have access to MFC's internal record keeping? If MFC makes a single penny off of these models after expenses then they are profit. MFC is run as a business and it is being run better than I ever could make it run myself.

.. I think the point is not the camscore, but the income the model brings (and obviously there are girls there that make hardly anything, if anything).

What would happen to a vendor if he seemed totally uninterested, careless about his image, no motivation, and not even reaching a minimum of sales?

I believe he would lose his job...

BellaBrookz said:
.. I think the point is not the camscore, but the income the model brings (and obviously there are girls there that make hardly anything, if anything).

What would happen to a vendor if he seemed totally uninterested, careless about his image, no motivation, and not even reaching a minimum of sales?

So you think the poorest models, making the least amount of money, and who are doing nothing to hurt you need to be fired from their job?

Just think about that, they are doing nothing in anyway to hurt you or anybody else. Yet you are on this board saying they do not deserve what little they have. Why don't you do the same thing I do to models I do not like, hit ignore or hit next?

Well.. I never said they should lose their jobs (which they seem to not care for it, anyway) just "because"..
In fact, having them in the site actually helps me, because theybalance the "camscore earnings equation"

However, my point was: if they DO negatively affect the website somehow, then something should be done.
Same for guests and basics.. I mute and ignore them.. but if they are affecting the site (which will eventually affect MY income) then something must be done about it.

Anyway, I'm done discussing it

I disagree about the low camscore models, and I allow basics to chat because I get bored otherwise. However I do agree about the time limit idea...plus seriously, why do they allow guests? I mean basic accounts are free.

BellaBrookz said:

Not the best example. If you were a real estate agent, which is slightly a better comparison than a vendor, you could stay a real estate for as long as you could (at least where I live) as long as you passed a certain online course every 3 years. So, basically, you could be bringing in no sales and wasting money on gas (or in this case, internet) and still "keep your job" which is a better comparison to MFC. This isn't really a typical employee vs employer relationship, you know? If you don't bring in any sales - you're not going to get fired... you're just not going to make any money. It's commissions based.

I don't think the girls in the sub 100 camscores are hurting nor helping the rest of us, but I can see why some people would prefer them to be cut if it's clear they aren't really trying to be better at their job.

But whatever, let them earn their $1 or $2 per hour while sitting there looking bored out of their mind and occasionally fisting their asses.

I don't think this has anything to do with the OP, as I wholeheartedly believe that the message box that came up was misunderstood when the model was disconnected.

Shaun__ said:
It makes sense to you because your score is above the cutoff point. To a higher ranked model you may look like a slacker who does not want to put in the effort needed to be on the top.

No. Just... no. :lol: I have no idea why you believe top models could think that way. They'd have to be completely out of their mind. Everyone knows top 20/100 isn't for everyone and takes an extraordinary amount of time and work.

Anyway, after rexcode explained that there's really no point in reducing the number of models, the whole discussion is moot, isn't it? The way he explained it makes it clear that the number of people who watch streams for free should be reduced instead. But thats never going to happen because it would go against mfc's image.

Reactions: LadyLuna
OpheliaChan said:
BellaBrookz said:

Not the best example. If you were a real estate agent, which is slightly a better comparison than a vendor, you could stay a real estate for as long as you could (at least where I live) as long as you passed a certain online course every 3 years. So, basically, you could be bringing in no sales and wasting money on gas (or in this case, internet) and still "keep your job" which is a better comparison to MFC. This isn't really a typical employee vs employer relationship, you know? If you don't bring in any sales - you're not going to get fired... you're just not going to make any money. It's commissions based.

Agreed. I see your point
As long as the reasons of the website lagging and freaking out are not relatred to having too many models on, I have NOTHING against them working there.
I only think it would be a "problem" if it were affecting the site negatively somehow

Since I dont know anything about these stuff I will just quit talking about it.. :shhh:

lol

RoxieRed said:
I'll just chime in here and mention... I've gotten kicked off all day. I have been camming on and off since 9 am EST, pretty much only leaving because of my frustration with not being able to stay online. Anyone else having issues with this today?

What else are you running while camming? Or is it possible that your 'net connection is being used by someone else in your household? Downloads? Are you on wifi?

These are all things I'd be questioning if there are constant disconnects, as opposed to jumping to conspiracy theories about MFC booting girls because there's too many on. (Not aimed at you, Roxie, but the folks who are determined to point the finger at MFC's admins.)

I just read this thread like :shock:
how did it get here....

I thought this was just about sharing broadcast issues or something...

I think it's bound to happen.. and that they do for a fact work on it... I notice changes...and everything on the internet crashes sometimes it sucks major wang but I don't think an axe needs to come down over it...

and if it did help...

what about....

not letting premiums with no tokens broadcast themselves.... :whistle:
might cut down on the "i have no tokens bb but my cam's on and I'm hot" PM's...

BOOM. I should run for president...

LuckySmiles said:
I just read this thread like :shock:
how did it get here....

I thought this was just about sharing broadcast issues or something...

I think it's bound to happen.. and that they do for a fact work on it... I notice changes...and everything on the internet crashes sometimes it sucks major wang but I don't think an axe needs to come down over it...

and if it did help...

what about....

not letting premiums with no tokens broadcast themselves.... :whistle:
might cut down on the "i have no tokens bb but my cam's on and I'm hot" PM's...

BOOM. I should run for president...

Hahaha :handgestures-salute:

IMO, this whole argument is silly. The problems with MFC have very little to do with the servers (or how many people are online) and more to do with the actual technology that MFC is using to broadcast the stream.

BellaBrookz said:
They are talking about those hundreds of women on last page that sit there without even brushing their hair, with a face of "i dont give a fuck".. that dont even speak English or try to respond the room at all, and that usually do shows that are completely disgusting and even harmful to the health (extreme fisting, eat poop, pee, whatever else is out there..)

Not only they are taking up space in the website, they are also bringing a terrible "low standard" feel to it.
chalie37krm.gif

What about the hundreds of women on page 1 that do the exact same thing? Do they lower these imaginary standards you have for mfc?

AmberCutie said:
RoxieRed said:

What else are you running while camming? Or is it possible that your 'net connection is being used by someone else in your household? Downloads? Are you on wifi?

These are all things I'd be questioning if there are constant disconnects, as opposed to jumping to conspiracy theories about MFC booting girls because there's too many on. (Not aimed at you, Roxie, but the folks who are determined to point the finger at MFC's admins.)

While I am camming, I sometimes use pandora for music, or sometimes I use itunes. My internet connection is not being used by anyone else in the household the majority of the times when I have these problems, and I make it a point to disable the wifi on other computers in the house while I am camming if possible. I also use manycam for my watermark... I don't download while I am on cam, I won't even go to links that guys send me in the chat room so I can keep as little as possible going while I am streaming. I am on wifi. There are moments when my internet connection is to blame for me getting disconnected. It takes just a few seconds for me to distinguish the problem. I tried rebooting my computer twice yesterday thinking that it could have something to do with it, but the problem continued.
Today I ran all my normal programs while I was on cam, was uploading a HUGE video to mediafire, and the other computers in the house were accessing the internet. My regulars told me that my feed looked the exact same to them. I feel like if I were to have problems it would have happened today with all the extras I was running. I never put that much strain on my computer/internet connection as I did today and it worked flawlessly. So weird..

This might be silly, but... I'm new to the site and I'm already a low camscore girl because I didn't get how a lot of things worked at first. I think those with even lower camscores than I should definitely be allowed to stay, and maybe this is messed up, but I could possibly be on the last page if the disinterested/not paying attention models were not there! I mean, give a girl a buffer, sheesh! :-D

xoxo
v

MissViolaine said:
This might be silly, but... I'm new to the site and I'm already a low camscore girl because I didn't get how a lot of things worked at first. I think those with even lower camscores than I should definitely be allowed to stay, and maybe this is messed up, but I could possibly be on the last page if the disinterested/not paying attention models were not there! I mean, give a girl a buffer, sheesh! :-D

xoxo
v

Awee MissVolaine, I'm sorry if what I said came out wrong..
I'm 100% sure you are not the type of models we were referring to :)

Reactions: RoxieRed
Ok how about this to help thin out non paying traffic.

Limit guest to 30 min per room and 3 hours log on. After 3 hours they they cant log back in for an hour. Basics would be limited to 1 hour per room. This should be more than enough for free.

Yea not going to happen I know but we can dream cant we ;) :-D

Reactions: OpheliaChan
Status
Not open for further replies.