AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MFC Model Software Allows Models to See Member Activities?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. It is my understanding that MFC Model Software (locally installed on models' PC's or for models using the MFC model web interface) allows Models to see the past tipping behavior of Premium Members for every model the member has tipped, including time/date, model name, and amount tipped. Is this correct?

2. Also does the Model Software/Web Interface allow models to find out in which model's room a Premium Member is currently located? Also, is a history of rooms visited by members available to models?

My reason for asking has to do with the second question: a few weeks ago I entered a model's room, where I was a regular and consistent tipper (moderate to high amounts, though I am not a "whale"), and was immediately contacted by the model via PM wanting to know why was I in another model's room before coming to hers. I had not tipped the other model, but I was still grilled on why was I in the other model's room. It was a very awkward moment. (A week or so later, I was confronted by her with having to explain why another model had left a kind comment on my profile, which I know is readily visible by all). As a result of such model behavior, I no longer visit the room of that model where I had been a regular. Such model behavior was unnerving, and I felt like I was being tracked from room to room. I do believe this model is a rather isolated case, and is NOT representative of MFC models in general. Plenty of other models are more deserving of my tips.

Your candid answers are appreciated so I can have a better understanding of MFC Model software/web interface capabilities. Stories from models on use of such capabilities would also be nice to see.

Re: MFC Model Software Allows Models to See Member Activitie

From my understanding, neither are true, although I think models can see your tipping history of that model only. And even that, I'm not sure it's a complete history back to day one.

Shortly after I joined MFC, a couple years ago, I had the same experience. A Colombian model PM'd me while I was in another model's room and cussed me out with very abusive language. lol I think she probably spotted me by cruising, not by having the ability to know where I was via the software.

Model: "why do you like her?"
Me: "she's cute" (or something)
Model: "Fuck you!"

:lol:

yeah I consider that type of behaviour to be a kind of stalking on the model's part, and will not return to her room, nor respond to pms and such.

If the tables were turned and you demanded to know why she took so-and-so private, I suspect your stalky model would get rather angry.

GrayBison said:
1. It is my understanding that MFC Model Software (locally installed on models' PC's or for models using the MFC model web interface) allows Models to see the past tipping behavior of Premium Members for every model the member has tipped, including time/date, model name, and amount tipped. Is this correct?

No. The model software allows models to see a partial tipping history of the member for us only. I couldn't see if you tipped anyone else. I haven't been on the web broadcaster since all the updates happened, but I think we can see more of the tipping history, but still, only tokens that have been tipped to us.

GrayBison said:
2. Also does the Model Software/Web Interface allow models to find out in which model's room a Premium Member is currently located? Also, is a history of rooms visited by members available to models?

No. The model could easily log in with a premium account and see you listed as online if she's added you to her friends list and from there it wouldn't be hard to find you in any room, if she wanted to be crazy like that.

I personally perv as a premium, but there are lots that perv as guests. I've seen many of the people that frequent my room in others. She could have been doing that when she saw you in the room list for someone else. I'm also sorry that this happened since it's not cool to be a jealous, possessive model.

As others have said, we're able to see your tipping history for us ONLY. For example, if you anonymously tipped me 500 tokens yesterday, and I'm really, really curious who tipped it...if I suspect it's you, I can go to User Lookup to type in your name, and it'll show me a list of recent tips that I received from you...INCLUDING any anonymous tips from you.

Reactions: GrayBison

Just like it's not any member's business who takes a model private or that she accepts privates from other members, it's not a model's business if a member happens to watch/perv/be in another model's room.

Neither members nor models should get possessive of each other. It's not good for either side. Models are here to make money and have fun. Members are here to have fun and maybe get their rocks off. Neither side of that coin should become possessive/jealous of the the other f they wish for the having fun part to continue.

Many thanks for the clarifications/answers on these questions. Admittedly still puzzled how she knew whose room I had been in before hers, but c'est la vie.

She likely saw you online on her friendslist and .. literally stalked you till she found you. I hope she learns that the tatics she's using are a bad idea..

We can see how many tokens you have and how many tokens you've spent on the site total (using the member points) and we can look at our history to see your tips to us.

You can also choose to hide both your tokens, and your points.

GrayBison said:
Many thanks for the clarifications/answers on these questions. Admittedly still puzzled how she knew whose room I had been in before hers, but c'est la vie.

Do you have the room you are in on your profile turned on? If you have it turned off then she saw you herself in the room or someone snitched on you.

Shaun__ said:
GrayBison said:

Do you have the room you are in on your profile turned on? If you have it turned off then she saw you herself in the room or someone snitched on you.

I think it's called "where on site?" or something like that. I don't even know if it's still around, I was always under the impression that it never worked. But one day I was perving around to models on my profile friends and not, and a member followed me to each one. I can only assume it was the "where on site" feature.

To OP, did she actually know the models name or was she just yelling at you for being in another room? If she sees you online on her friends list just assuming your in another room isn't a long shot.

Shaun__ said:

Well, that's an excellent question, Shaun. Is this the setting?

Anonymity Settings
Show the "Where on Site" field on my profile page Yes No

and it should be set to No? Looks like by default it is set to yes.

I didn't even know about this setting! Thank you!

Reactions: Nordling

JoleneJolene said:
I think it's called "where on site?" or something like that. I don't even know if it's still around, I was always under the impression that it never worked. But one day I was perving around to models on my profile friends and not, and a member followed me to each one. I can only assume it was the "where on site" feature.

To OP, did she actually know the models name or was she just yelling at you for being in another room? If she sees you online on her friends list just assuming your in another room isn't a long shot.

She hit me with the models name, which was very odd.

It must be that setting which I am now setting to No. Thank Jolene and Shaun!

UncleThursday said:
Just like it's not any member's business who takes a model private or that she accepts privates from other members, it's not a model's business if a member happens to watch/perv/be in another model's room.

I would like to say, unless the other person brings it up. (Example: if a member tells me he never tips anyone else, then I will be slightly upset if I find out he lied to me. Not that he tipped others, just that he lied to me. Likewise, a member telling me that he can never buy tokens while I watch his points go up every week is not okay. This is actually why I stopped ever looking at member tokens/points- I'd rather not know I've been lied to than feel that pain.)

Neither members nor models should get possessive of each other. It's not good for either side. Models are here to make money and have fun. Members are here to have fun and maybe get their rocks off. Neither side of that coin should become possessive/jealous of the the other f they wish for the having fun part to continue.

Agreed!

Did you have the other model in your favourite models list in your profile? hehe

Jupiter551 said:
Did you have the other model in your favourite models list in your profile? hehe

That was my thought also if you have only a handful of favorite pretty easy to track you. Also a good reason be a MFC member slut and have lots of favorites. :)

HiGirlsRHot said:
Jupiter551 said:

That was my thought also if you have only a handful of favorite pretty easy to track you. Also a good reason be a MFC member slut and have lots of favorites. :)

Not as many as I have now. Maybe that was how. Of course, since then, I have become quite a man-whore... :-D

GrayBison said:
HiGirlsRHot said:
Jupiter551 said:

Not as many as I have now. Maybe that was how. Of course, since then, I have become quite a man-whore... :-D
If I want to find some members, all I have to do is wait until one certain model gets online, and I can find him every time :)

Imo, the correct way to respond is to not respond to their message, Hide them from the main page, and never go back. Maybe it's harsh but MFC is for relaxing, not for feeling stressed out because you're being whipped by demanding women. That's what real life is for! And just as we hear stories of members stalking or terrorizing models, every now and then we hear of models who are set on controlling and harassing members.

Maybe some models do not intend to do such things maliciously or they are truly hurt by a member's actions and feel like they are owed an explanation. You may be surprised at the number of models who are emotionally hurt by "unfaithful" members. Alternatively, some models may really legitimately believe that once you are a known name in their room, you are "bound" to them and it is cheating if you go see other women.

I might give a model another chance - if a lady is having a bad night and she's just expressing her frustration, that isn't necessarily a sign that she's a witch. However, as soon as I'm "grilled" or given nasty remarks when another model comments on my profile, I'm out.

GrayBison said:
Shaun__ said:

Anonymity Settings

I can't even find said setting. I looked in My Account and Personal Options.

UncleThursday said:
GrayBison said:
Shaun__ said:

Anonymity Settings

Go to your model admin and click on the little gear titled "profile settings" on that page this is the first option.

I still honestly have no idea if it even works. I think it's supposed to display on your profile somewhere what room you're in but I've honestly never actually seen it in action.

JoleneJolene said:
UncleThursday said:

Go to your model admin and click on the little gear titled "profile settings" on that page this is the first option.

I still honestly have no idea if it even works. I think it's supposed to display on your profile somewhere what room you're in but I've honestly never actually seen it in action.

Thanks, JJ. Even though I'm not a model, it still worked in the way you said on the profile settings page. :lol:

UncleThursday said:
JoleneJolene said:
UncleThursday said:

Thanks, JJ. Even though I'm not a model, it still worked in the way you said on the profile settings page. :lol:

When I first joined 3 or so years ago it did work and would show where people were, but only for the first month or so I was here. It has not worked in many years. I do wonder if the code is still in the page or not and if it is still accessible in some way. :think:

JoleneJolene said:

I've never seen it in action either. I think it's a strange, unnecessary feature for MFC to have anyway. I'm sure some guys would like to enjoy different rooms without having to explain themselves or be made to feel like they've "cheated" on another model...lol.

The_Brown_Fox said:
I'm sure some guys would like to enjoy different rooms without having to explain themselves or be made to feel like they've "cheated" on another model...lol.
Shouldn't this go without saying? :?
Models always complain when guys get too attached, so there's no need to become a bitch when a regular visits another girl. I know we make friendships etc. But on a camsite there's money involved and members should be able to decide which girl they want to spend their money on at the moment, without feeling pressured or like they're cheating. This has nothing to do with cheating.
If you usually have your pasta for lunch at the Italian restaurant across the street, you can still always try that other cool-looking restaurant for a change, because maybe they have something that the Italian place doesn't? Even if you are friends with the owners of the Italian restaurant, if they get mad at you, they're being unprofessional and lame.
You can also check out a different restaurant every day. It's your own money. Spend it the way that you like.

Sorry, girls aren't food, I know.

I agree that the 'Where on site' feature is useless and only encourages models who like to stalk members. If you really want to know where someone is for whatever reason, you can still send them a PM.

so what info you have about a member in your room?

how much tokens he give to you, spend in pvt or public, last time tipped?

is there also more?
like last time he was in room or anything else?

Wendsor said:
so what info you have about a member in your room?

how much tokens he give to you, spend in pvt or public, last time tipped?

is there also more?
like last time he was in room or anything else?

full name, social security number, how often you think of us while pooping... just the basics.

Wendsor said:
how much tokens he give to you
yes
spend in pvt or public
yes
last time tipped?
yes

is there also more?
like last time he was in room
no
or anything else?
Depends on what you're talking about.

But... like it matters. Seriously. That's not personal info or super secret stuff. These are things that have to do with MFC, which is the base of everything concerning the relationship of member and model, so it makes sense for her to know these things.

The token history feature has proven itself to be helpful lots of times, in my room at least. For pragmatic reasons. Has this guy tipped for video 1 or 2? Is this guy my highest tipper of the month i.e. does he get a prize? Not Do I like this guy more than that other guy? How can I use the knowledge of how this guy has spent his tokens on me to my advantage?
I don't know what you're afraid of... :think: What do you think the model is going to do with 'your numbers'?

Y'all are some paranoid mofos :-D
If you're worried about being "caught" in another room, you're hanging out with the wrong models.
If you're worried about models getting ahold of your personal information... then don't give it to them, I guess? You give a model more information about yourself by buying them something from their wishlist, or following them on Twitter, or giving them your email address than you do by simply visiting their room, ya know? That said, I've bought things from wishlists, followed models on Twitter and given out my email address, and so far no model has used any of that to track me down. Which is a shame, really :?

this actually happened to me.

i was hanging out in a room where im a regular and a model just asked me why i was in her room and even went as far as to say what i tipped her in the past... so idk if theres some sort of software or what. so idk if its still on MFC but just saying a model just pulled that crap on me

Status
Not open for further replies.