AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MFC Questions

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoddessV

Cam Model
Jul 4, 2020
USA
Hi! Thank you for taking the time to read this. I have signed up for MFC and I am so excited! I had an account (non-nude) many years ago and MFC has changed quite a bit since then. I have read through many threads but I am a bit confused about a few changes:

1. Does my "new girl" status start when ID/documents are approved or from my first broadcast?
2. How long does new girl status last? Previously it was 10 hours of broadcast time but some say it is now 7 days? I see a back and forth on models arguing about this and I am confused.
3. Can I immediately upload to MFC share after my ID/documents are approved?
4. I am VERY hairy and I don't see this as popular on MFC. I am considering trimming my bush and shaving my legs but I'd rather not. (I will not shave my pits) I have ended up being in the top on my other sites as a VERY hairy girl and I am wondering if I can make it happen on MFC? Any insight appreciated.
5. Is it customary to not have a countdown when privates are on? Or do you pick up where you left on when you return from private?
6. Is OBS Studio the recommended way to stream? I have used this on CB in the past and I see it mentioned for MFC quite a bit.
7. Am I allowed to advertise my .com and AVN stars? Are they considered competing sites? I understand I can share my onlyfans, instagram, and twitter, yes?
8. I plan on charging for Skype shows, is it customary to charge the same as a true Private? a regular private? Is it ok to only take appointments? In my previous experience guys wanted skype right NOW and I plan on charging an exorbitant amount to kill my stream and switch to Skype for them. Or is it better to only offer appointments?

Looking over MFC makes me fucking laugh at all the cheapskates I deal with on SkyPrivate. I will no longer feel bad charging my prices for Indy rates. I thought my streamate prices were too high to use on any other site but I see now that SkyPrivate just isn't the site for me. Too many cheapskates. I am so excited to get back to a token site to balance out streamate.

Thank you for any help you can offer!

1. Does my "new girl" status start when ID/documents are approved or from my first broadcast?
2. How long does new girl status last? Previously it was 10 hours of broadcast time but some say it is now 7 days? I see a back and forth on models arguing about this and I am confused.

It only counts broadcast time. As a general rule of thumb, try to make the most of your first 10 hours of broadcasting, as non of us are 100% sure on this anymore, lol.

3. Can I immediately upload to MFC share after my ID/documents are approved?
I believe you should be able to, and it's a great idea to have content immediately available to help boost token earnings while you're new to help your camscore.

4. I am VERY hairy and I don't see this as popular on MFC. I am considering trimming my bush and shaving my legs but I'd rather not. (I will not shave my pits) I have ended up being in the top on my other sites as a VERY hairy girl and I am wondering if I can make it happen on MFC? Any insight appreciated.
There's certainly a niche for it, and if it's what makes you unique, embrace it!

5. Is it customary to not have a countdown when privates are on? Or do you pick up where you left on when you return from private?
I think the common courtesy to the room (if it's actually busy and tokens are flowing) is to not take privates while you're doing a show count.

6. Is OBS Studio the recommended way to stream? I have used this on CB in the past and I see it mentioned for MFC quite a bit.
I think right now the most stable way to broadcast is with OBS using the external broadcaster option. HOWEVER, I think private and group shows are still unable to be used in this method. It is possible that the WebRTC method is working better these days, so maybe give that a try if you're planning to do privates.
Screen Shot 2019-12-19 at 4.28.09 PM.png
I understand I can share my onlyfans, instagram, and twitter, yes?
To be safe, I'd stick to just these. Maybe your own .com could be safe, too.

8. I plan on charging for Skype shows, is it customary to charge the same as a true Private? a regular private? Is it ok to only take appointments? In my previous experience guys wanted skype right NOW and I plan on charging an exorbitant amount to kill my stream and switch to Skype for them. Or is it better to only offer appointments?
That is absolutely up to your preferences and what you think makes the most of your streaming time. I think it's smart to make a "right now!" show expensive since it will inevitably empty your chat room if you return after. At least with on-site private shows, members can spy (unless it's true private). And most definitely only accept tokens, no off-site payment for Skype.

Thank you for any help you can offer!
Let me know if you have any other curiosities!

Upvote 0
Wow Amber, thank you for providing so much information! You have clarified so much for me and I feel very prepared. I am sure I will be curious about a hundred more things after I broadcast :)

Upvote 0
I did think of one more question .02 seconds after I last replied. I use the same avatar/profile photo on all of my sites and I change it monthly or so. MFC asked that my avatar not be in use on any other site and I don't understand why. Will I be penalized if I use the same photo on MFC as on SM? My current pic is so damn good and users love it. Not sure I can get my blue eyes to look that perfect again!

Upvote 0
I did think of one more question .02 seconds after I last replied. I use the same avatar/profile photo on all of my sites and I change it monthly or so. MFC asked that my avatar not be in use on any other site and I don't understand why. Will I be penalized if I use the same photo on MFC as on SM? My current pic is so damn good and users love it. Not sure I can get my blue eyes to look that perfect again!
Oh wow I didn't realize that was a thing!
Screen Shot 2020-09-22 at 11.10.33 AM.png

I honestly don't know how MFC would be able to tell if you use the same avatar on all of your sites... I would probably just use it and see if they say anything.

Reactions: GoddessV
Upvote 0

So, I'm not a native English speaker and I might be a)understanding it wrong b)clumsy in explaining how I understand it, but it seems to me that since they are only asking you don't upload pictures "FROM other webcam sites" and not "in use on other webcam sites" you should not upload screen shots of your shows on other sites, but you should be fine uploading pictures FROM your computer, camera, photoshoots etc. that you also uploaded/will upload on other sites.

Upvote 0
So, I'm not a native English speaker and I might be a)understanding it wrong b)clumsy in explaining how I understand it, but it seems to me that since they are only asking you don't upload pictures "FROM other webcam sites" and not "in use on other webcam sites" you should not upload screen shots of your shows on other sites, but you should be fine uploading pictures FROM your computer, camera, photoshoots etc. that you also uploaded/will upload on other sites.
Yeah I think I'd interpret it more in that sense, too. Because in general MFC is not very strict or picky about content being on more than just MFC, so it would be odd.

Upvote 0
Hey Amber, Thank you for answering my questions. I have done a few shifts and I upped my camscore by 2k in the first 2 days! And you were right, I embraced my very hairy attributes and the MFC community LOVED it. I was expecting some folks to be rude, as that has been my experience when it comes not shaving, but everyone was so friendly and even excited that I am hairy. I really appreciate how this forum has been very kind and generous with information. I have made more as a new girl in 7 hours on MFC than I made in my whole first week on SM. Thank you ❤

• Hugs
Reactions: AmberCutie
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.