AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MFC Token Purchase Options for Non-US Members

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 15, 2010
So I had heard that Amazon didn't add an additional fee for handling foreign exchange like banks do, and thought I would put that to the test last month.

I made two consecutive purchases with two different Visa cards. One was a Visa card issued by a Canadian bank, and the other with my Amazon Visa. I also made a purchase the same day with CCBill in Canadian Dollars, which sounded convenient.

Canadian dollar purchase converted by CCBill - USD 1 = 1.361
My bank's rate - USD 1 = CAD 1.329
Amazon's rate - USD 1 = CAD 1.296

TL;DR: If you have an Amazon CC, use it for USD purchases.

So I had heard that Amazon didn't add an additional fee for handling foreign exchange like banks do, and thought I would put that to the test last month.

I made two consecutive purchases with two different Visa cards. One was a Visa card issued by a Canadian bank, and the other with my Amazon Visa. I also made a purchase the same day with CCBill in Canadian Dollars, which sounded convenient.

Canadian dollar purchase converted by CCBill - USD 1 = 1.361
My bank's rate - USD 1 = CAD 1.329
Amazon's rate - USD 1 = CAD 1.296

TL;DR: If you have an Amazon CC, use it for USD purchases.

I'm in the U.S., and occasionally make foreign purchases on one of my Visa cards. One such purchase was 55.93 USD after conversion, and there was an additional 1.67 USD "foreign transaction fee" (3%). On my statement, the foreign transaction fee is listed separately from the purchase transaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.