AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MFC's new Non Nude site - Cammunity (now CamYou)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't checked in to ACF for a bit and had no idea about Cammunity. Read through all 12 pages (minus the long dissertations). Checked it out earlier and found one of my model "friends" on. Since we usually nerd out about music, this is a perfect platform. She was playing her music and same as her MFC room, XX tokens for song request. No spanks, no flashes, just song requests. I've checked several times today and the number of models on is always very low, but since it's not even officially launched that is to be expected. My personal opinion, if anyone cares, is it could be great for listening to music, playing games, watching sports and/or shows, etc. Hell, we all watch shows and sports with people on the internet via twitter now, this is just an extension of that. Virtual Super Bowl party anyone?

Anywell, I think it could be fun and maybe somewhat profitable for some models when it's officially rolled out. For others, not so much. I'll be interested to see where it goes, but I'm intrigued at this point.

Well, atm it seems rather abandoned. And it took some legwork to get on it in the first place - hard to judge rn.

Reactions: EspiKvlt
Well, atm it seems rather abandoned. And it took some legwork to get on it in the first place - hard to judge rn.
I still get on ~3 times a week. Definitely not much traffic coming through, but my regs still like it. I really hope they don't abandon it.

I still get on ~3 times a week. Definitely not much traffic coming through, but my regs still like it. I really hope they don't abandon it.
I agree. I mean, that's where we first interacted. It's fun w/out the pressure of countdowns, etc. I mean, shit, I always tip for other stuff, just saying. But as @Luckyfoxxy pointed out, sometimes it's a ghost town.

My routine now is to log into Cammunity first. If none of my models are on, I can still see the MFC friends list. I may choose to migrate over there or just be done. Whatever, I like the concept and if one or two of my model "friends" use it, I'm good.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Magnolia

I need to find your schedule, so can stop and say "Hi".

I just logged into it for what I think was the first time, and like the layout a little better than the MFC, even though it's almost the same.

But, there were six models on it. Out of the MFC models I've visited, only one as talked about using it.

I need to find your schedule, so can stop and say "Hi".

I just logged into it for what I think was the first time, and like the layout a little better than the MFC, even though it's almost the same.

But, there were six models on it. Out of the MFC models I've visited, only one as talked about using it.
Schedule is usually Thu-Mon at 8pm PDT (though this week was wonky because of a concert and personal time off). Best way to keep track is to follow my twitter. :)

Schedule is usually Thu-Mon at 8pm PDT (though this week was wonky because of a concert and personal time off). Best way to keep track is to follow my twitter. :)

Thanks. Will have to try and come say "Hi" then. Most times, I'm usually falling asleep around then. But, always nice to say "Hello" to other ACF'ers.

Reactions: Magnolia
Once MFC officially launches the site and starts promoting it, it should be good. Like said above, they are just beta testing. Remember all the hype over the @Nood app? Everyone was so stoked and then the excitement kind of dialed down a little because they were still beta testing for a long time.

Yeah, I realized my mistake. I meant to say "since beta started" and didn't realize it was still in beta haha
Kinda even Alpha if we're being critical. It's just so new I hate to see ppl judging it based on current functions and traffic.

Kinda even Alpha if we're being critical. It's just so new I hate to see ppl judging it based on current functions and traffic.
Like... on one hand I'm glad we're able to use it straight from alpha but on the other hand I kind of wish it would have been "revealed" totally complete. I hope the the early access to it doesn't fuck it in the future.

I went on the other day, it was pretty chilled but I didn't get anyone hanging out except regulars, and no one tipped. I think until it gets launched officially and starts getting traffic in its own right it's a bit dull for me. I love a good chat, but I like it when new people can come find me and join in. I also do want to have some income if I am going to be on cam live, while it's very chilled and doesn't have the same pressure as MFC, I am still live streaming and having to keep the room going so my time does need to be compensated for it to be worth it to me. Until it starts getting traffic though that's tricky as you're basically relying on regulars who like to tip just because being around with tokens.
I still think it could be really great once it's properly launched though.

I went on the other day, it was pretty chilled but I didn't get anyone hanging out except regulars, and no one tipped. I think until it gets launched officially and starts getting traffic in its own right it's a bit dull for me. I love a good chat, but I like it when new people can come find me and join in. I also do want to have some income if I am going to be on cam live, while it's very chilled and doesn't have the same pressure as MFC, I am still live streaming and having to keep the room going so my time does need to be compensated for it to be worth it to me. Until it starts getting traffic though that's tricky as you're basically relying on regulars who like to tip just because being around with tokens.
I still think it could be really great once it's properly launched though.
I don't think it will be beneficial for everyone.
Let me explain. I go to to @Magnolia's room to litter her youtube playlist with nonsense, as well as hang out. For models that rely on sexy stuff, it's not going to work.
There are some models I visit on MFC proper that I only go there for music stuff. I'm not beyond just tipping because. But if there is a tangible non-sexual reason for tipping, then I'm there.
Regs are gonna be there just because they're regs. But if they've been conditioned to expect something sexual, then yeah, the tips aren't gonna flow. I they have been conditioned to tip for non-sexual stuff, then it could be lucrative.
And this is all speculation based on one idiot member's perspective, so take it as you will.

I don't think it will be beneficial for everyone.
Let me explain. I go to to @Magnolia's room to litter her youtube playlist with nonsense, as well as hang out. For models that rely on sexy stuff, it's not going to work.
There are some models I visit on MFC proper that I only go there for music stuff. I'm not beyond just tipping because. But if there is a tangible non-sexual reason for tipping, then I'm there.
Regs are gonna be there just because they're regs. But if they've been conditioned to expect something sexual, then yeah, the tips aren't gonna flow. I they have been conditioned to tip for non-sexual stuff, then it could be lucrative.
And this is all speculation based on one idiot member's perspective, so take it as you will.

I agree with this. It probably would have worked for me in the past when I had been camming full time for a while, but right now most of my regulars who would tip for non nude things/just because are broke. At the moment many of my visitors are definitely enjoying the sexual side of things. It's not a bad thing on MFC as I get plenty of chat but I never get complacent expecting regulars to tip or relying on anyone, but it does mean I have little to bring to cammunity at the moment.

I agree with this. It probably would have worked for me in the past when I had been camming full time for a while, but right now most of my regulars who would tip for non nude things/just because are broke. At the moment many of my visitors are definitely enjoying the sexual side of things. It's not a bad thing on MFC as I get plenty of chat but I never get complacent expecting regulars to tip or relying on anyone, but it does mean I have little to bring to cammunity at the moment.

Give it time. Hopefully between returning to cam full-time, and hopefully a more general release of cammunity, it'll help with drawing more in. Summer is almost over, so hopefully will see an increase in overall traffic again.

Maybe enough people were abbreviating it to "Cammu" that they were worried that people would mishear it as "CamYou." Or they didn't want it to become popular and have someone else snag CamYou and try to play it off as an official version of Cammu. So might as well have both names just in case?

Well, curious to see where this goes either way.

Can anyone explain this? Are they changing the name?View attachment 72425

I did a whois against myfreecams.com cammunity.com and camyou.com and it looks like camyou is trying to be a completely separate entity. I'm thinking they're trying to completely separate it out.

Two versions up at the moment.

Cammunity -View attachment 72426

And CamYou -
View attachment 72428

Maybe enough people were abbreviating it to "Cammu" that they were worried that people would mishear it as "CamYou." Or they didn't want it to become popular and have someone else snag CamYou and try to play it off as an official version of Cammu. So might as well have both names just in case?

Looks like it's official!

Screen Shot 2017-09-08 at 3.22.58 PM.png

This does sound interesting...I’m keen to see how it pans out, because it would be nice to be able to hang out with some of my regs sometimes without worrying too much about my camscore tanking..

Status
Not open for further replies.