AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MFC's new Non Nude site - Cammunity (now CamYou)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like maybe the actual launch is delayed by the need to get MFC Share as functional as possible, since MFC banned ManyVids links and Share is the alternative for girls who used that a lot. Totally just a guess though.

Although I'll say with all the issues with Flash being phased out, there could be some things they have to work on with that, too.

I feel like maybe the actual launch is delayed by the need to get MFC Share as functional as possible, since MFC banned ManyVids links and Share is the alternative for girls who used that a lot. Totally just a guess though.

Although I'll say with all the issues with Flash being phased out, there could be some things they have to work on with that, too.

I'm sure Share will be much more of a moneymaker and is in much more high demand than Cammu, so this makes sense if they are postponing the launch. So many of us have been clamoring for an option to sell videos passively, I'm so happy about Share!

The app is gone from the App Store as of this writing. My guess is you don’t want to make an app with a rating of 12+ that is heavily tied to an adult website.
The app is still there .i was just watching there

If you've already downloaded it, then yeah, you have it. If they pull it from the store, that doesn't mean it's not going to be on your phone if it was already there. It just means it isn't available for download any longer.

Hi i have a question in regards to camu and mfc.

I haven't broadcast on MFC yet and i was hoping to jump on camu to play with lighting, get a feel for being on cam etc.

If i do this will it activate my new model status on MFC.

Ive been putting off broadcasting on MFC until i have a few days free to be on as much as possible to make the most of my new model status.

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks

Jade

Does anyone know where I can find the wiki and/or rules for camyou? I see everyone saying the rule is that it’s non nude and that’s cool and all (I don’t have an opinion of the site yet) but I can’t seem to find rules posted anywhere and I’d like to read :)

As far as hosting a movie night.. I have seen girls called out for even brief nudity in a film that they show on their camyou page. Violence is not called out, but nudity is frowned on (just like our society).. :meh:

I still like the Camyou concept though.

As far as hosting a movie night.. I have seen girls called out for even brief nudity in a film that they show on their camyou page. Violence is not called out, but nudity is frowned on (just like our society).. :meh:

I still like the Camyou concept though.

Yeah, Twitch is the same way. No nudity at all, but its cool to pistol whip someone.

I don't see CamYou succeeding. They have to compete with Twitch's IRL section, and Youtube live. Both of which are insanely popular and growing every day. Huge audiences, incredible variety, tons of creativity, men and women allowed, etc.
Also both Twitch and Youtube allow their streamers to go out in public and do really interesting things. CamYou, you're stuck on private property.

I'm a hater, the whole concept is silly to me ^.^

Yeah, Twitch is the same way. No nudity at all, but its cool to pistol whip someone.

I don't see CamYou succeeding. They have to compete with Twitch's IRL section, and Youtube live. Both of which are insanely popular and growing every day. Huge audiences, incredible variety, tons of creativity, men and women allowed, etc.
Also both Twitch and Youtube allow their streamers to go out in public and do really interesting things. CamYou, you're stuck on private property.

That's the least of their worries if they don't start promoting the fucking site. They have something a lot of gals on MFC like, release it, then just let it die? WTF was that about? The hype train has left the station.

That's the least of their worries if they don't start promoting the fucking site. They have something a lot of gals on MFC like, release it, then just let it die? WTF was that about? The hype train has left the station.

I hadn't thought about the CamYou in months. (most of the conversation in the thread is from June 17), and seeing the thread get necroed I checked out CamYou twice last night there were zero models on this morning 3. Many of us were skeptical about it taking off, although I hoped that it would, at this point, they should just pull the plug.

Did it ever officially enter beta testing or even a full release? I feel like they put it on the back burner after realizing adding all these other features would be more lucrative for them. It is a lovely idea and I was excited to see the creative ways everyone would use it but I don't think it will come around for awhile. Hopefully they do it right next time. Keep it on the down low, make it awesome then full release.

I'm pretty sure you are allowed in public on Camyou, unless they changed it? Last June I asked Leo about that at the Chicago convention and he said it was cool to cam from coffee shops and restaurants.

Now that MFC has made it possible to stream in 1080p I think CamYou has a future as a streaming platform. I hope they will let guys stream in the future, because I would like to try and stream on CamYou instead of Twitch.

They have something a lot of gals on MFC like, release it, then just let it die?
They never released it, tho. It just sorta got noticed by rumor and word of mouth when a few of us beta tested it for them, so they sorta just let it be a thing. It never came out of beta (alpha actually?). And I think a huge reason it was put on the back burner was because they needed to get this OBS thing up and running smoothly first.

They never released it, tho. It just sorta got noticed by rumor and word of mouth when a few of us beta tested it for them, so they sorta just let it be a thing. It never came out of beta (alpha actually?). And I think a huge reason it was put on the back burner was because they needed to get this OBS thing up and running smoothly first.
Yes I believe it is still in alpha since I assume they are going to add more features, beta is for polishing and fixing bugs or at least it used to be that way in software development before early access became a thing.

Yes I believe it is still in alpha since I assume they are going to add more features, beta is for polishing and fixing bugs or at least it used to be that way in software development before early access became a thing.
They could have taken it down completely while they work on the rest of it, or rather while they set it aside to focus on critical aspects of both CamYou and MFC, but I imagine they didn't want to take the platform away from the handful of girls who use it casually.

I think the site should not be held to critiques or written off as dead due to it's current status of "still in alpha". Forget it exists for right now, is my advice.

I think the site should not be held to critiques or written off as dead due to it's current status of "still in alpha". Forget it exists for right now, is my advice.

I mistakenly thought it had enter Beta, if it is still in Alpha then that is good advice.

They could have taken it down completely while they work on the rest of it, or rather while they set it aside to focus on critical aspects of both CamYou and MFC, but I imagine they didn't want to take the platform away from the handful of girls who use it casually.

Unfortunately I get the feeling most people think it WAS launched and then forgot about. Would be nice if they put a banner or something like "This website is still in Alpha/Beta/under construction." I think them making it available just because it was "leaked" was a poor decision without being willing to drive traffic, I think that put a lot of ladies and members off. No one likes to sit in an empty room. Don't get me wrong, I still absolutely loved using the site and so did my members, but there was no incentive to stick around after I logged off. And I haven't been able to use it at all for a while because of their flash issues. By a while I mean a few months. >.>

I hope they DO focus on it now that the OBS stuff is up and running (and omg YAAAYYY OBS!). Unfortunately I think a lot of people, myself included, will be skeptical if they try to bring the hype train back.

Reactions: AmberCutie
Unfortunately I get the feeling most people think it WAS launched and then forgot about. Would be nice if they put a banner or something like "This website is still in Alpha/Beta/under construction." I think them making it available just because it was "leaked" was a poor decision without being willing to drive traffic, I think that put a lot of ladies and members off. No one likes to sit in an empty room. Don't get me wrong, I still absolutely loved using the site and so did my members, but there was no incentive to stick around after I logged off. And I haven't been able to use it at all for a while because of their flash issues. By a while I mean a few months. >.>

I hope they DO focus on it now that the OBS stuff is up and running (and omg YAAAYYY OBS!). Unfortunately I think a lot of people, myself included, will be skeptical if they try to bring the hype train back.
I know MFC looks a bit old but but do they also need to make CamYou look GeoCities old with an under construction sign? :D
MoMotorCity2429constructbar.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.