AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Miley Cyrus VMA performance sparks moral outrage

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't offended or outraged over it.

It was just sad to me.

The shot of the Smith Family reacting to it is generally how I feel about it.

Just confusion and a general sense of "wtf?"

She's trying to hard to be edgy and crazy, apparently having your tongue hang out all the time means you're "hard" or something.

She's not a bad looking girl by any means, but her hair is ugly now, the shit she wears isn't flattering at all. Not to be THAT GUY right now, but she needs to tone up before shaking her ass like that. There really isn't an ass there, but the skin was just flopping in waves all over the place. It was pretty gross.

Reactions: LadyLuna
Kunra9 said:

It was just sad to me.

She's trying to hard to be edgy and crazy, apparently having your tongue hang out all the time means you're "hard" or something.

She's not a bad looking girl by any means, but her hair is ugly now, the shit she wears isn't flattering at all. Not to be THAT GUY right now, but she needs to tone up before shaking her ass like that. There really isn't an ass there, but the skin was just flopping in waves all over the place. It was pretty gross.
I agree with most of what you said but that last paragraph kinda comes off as unnecessarily cruel :twocents-02cents:

Jupiter551 said:
Kunra9 said:

It was just sad to me.

I agree with most of what you said but that last paragraph kinda comes off as unnecessarily cruel :twocents-02cents:

I don't think it's unnecessarily cruel because I think that is the main reason there was a big hullabaloo over this in the first place. It was a bad awkward performance, and did some suggestive things, I guess- I've seen far more suggestive things in the past, just with less tongue. But most of the comments and pictures and reaction had to do with how her ass looked in those shorts over anything else. And to go back to a few posts of why no one cared about lady gaga in a gstring for the night, well it looks like she works out, her legs are toned and she has a healthy bubble. If her ass looked as bad as Miley's in the pictures seen the world would have jumped at her too.

Jupiter551 said:
MrRodry said:
EKv6Ikk.jpg

"Twerk, Miley, Miley, twerk"
LOLOL that dude right behind her...his hand...LOL
Oh my God, her eyebrows are perfection :shock: :drool: :clap: I'm only noticing that now...

Reactions: LadyLuna and Gen
SweepTheLeg said:
I like how no one is even outraged with him. It takes two to tango and all that jazz. Much like when the world got pissed at Janet Jackson when Justin Timberlake (He's so adorable) ripped her top and exposed her titty pasty.

The reason no one got mad at Justin was because he was an unwilling participant in that. He didnt know what she had planned. So far Robin is sticking with the fact he didnt know either. And was actually surprised at what she did. He stood there while she danced.

I think the fact we feel the need to be outraged by either of them is ridiculous. Be mad at Janet cause she let a nip slip during a non adult show. She knew kids were watching and in the audience. Miley performed on an a show made by adults, for adults. People tuning in knew what to expect. People who let their kids watch knew what could happen. There should be no shock about it. No outrage that during the show sexual things happened. They always do.

Kunra9 said:

The shot of his family is questionable. MTV wont say when it was taken and its not for sure it was during her performance at all.
Im more shocked Will and Jada Smith thought it appropriate to bring their children to the show. Their faces should be reserved for that fact. Again its an adult show and they knew what to expect. Not just sexy stuff, but cussing, etc. And these parents thought it a good idea to bring their kids to watch it. Then wanna act shocked what they expected to happened...happened. Give me a break.

Miley has come out to say she is not a role model. She is doing what she wants. Its her life and shes gonna live it despite where she came from. Expecting her to act like a child star forever is like behaving exactly how your parents want you to forever. Parents never want their babies to grow up, and want them to stay kiddies forever. People are asking the same of her. Im sorry but that doesnt fly in the real world. Shes a grown woman. And she can do as many terrible performances as she wants now.

what is an unwilling participant? janet didn't grab his hand and force him to do it, he did it himself much like no one forced robin thicke to position himself right behind her as soon as she bent over, and stayed there. and stayed there. On the scale of this being risque, this performance was rather tame, but I just think it is funny how so many performers now a days are in the shock value department, Miley is the one singled out.

Reactions: Gen
SweepTheLeg said:
what is an unwilling participant? janet didn't grab his hand and force him to do it, he did it himself much like no one forced robin thicke to position himself right behind her as soon as she bent over, and stayed there. and stayed there. On the scale of this being risque, this performance was rather tame, but I just think it is funny how so many performers now a days are in the shock value department, Miley is the one singled out.

Justin was told by her that she had something on underneath. He didnt know it was gonna be a nipple flash. Thats all i meant.

There is definitely a difference between sexy, risque and trashy.

I think it was the trashy level that really got people riled up.

LilyMarie said:
Dancing that's supposed to look sexy, and outfit that's supposed to look sexy and suggested sexual actions on stage! Le gasp. That has never happened before, right. :roll:
Supposed is the operative word. Watching an MFC model pick her nose for three hours would be more erotic than one of Miley Cyrus' dry cumshows. Robin Thicke didn't look exactly impressed either.

Lady Gaga wore this. [Link to photo of Lady Gaga]
Nice booty, but that's about it. I don't find Lady Gaga particularly arousing either.

Sorry, LilyMarie. You almost certainly have things in the bottom of your lingerie drawer sexier than what those two pulled out for the VMAs.

Korreline said:
I think we need to stop focusing on her body/sexual junk and address the fact that she is a culturally appropriating racist who uses black people as accessories.
Considering we just commemorated the fiftieth anniversary of the "I Have a Dream" speech, It's ridiculous so see a "pop star" of questionable talent attempting her own minstrel show. However, it's just as ridiculous that people would argue over this when there is still real inequality in American society.

Isabella_deL said:
Yeah I think it's funny seeing as how many guys 30+ who are on this forum alone masturbate over girls her age and even younger on a weekly basis...
I wish I could go that long without... um... well... you know. I have no delusions as to Ms. Cyrus' age. A twenty-year-old is more than capable of being sexy, provided she has better moves than an early-model Auton.

AmberCutie said:
I think it was the trashy level that really got people riled up.
Ding-a ding-a ding-a. While "trashy" is subjective term, Miley's performance was about as low-rent as she could make it. I'm a perv, but I like to think I at least have decent taste.

I think what got everything riled up is that it was hannah montana in latex pinup underwear - you can't seriously think if she had been just as risque, but SEXY instead of failing to be sexy, she wouldn't STILL be targeted as someone who 'shouldn't act sexy'.

I'm not suggesting reasonable, rational people would deny that Ms Cyrus should have the right to express herself sexually, but the immediate reaction is STILL 'OMG I remember when she was 12'. It's like seeing a family member or some other person you've known since childhood dancing around provocatively - it's gonna be awkward - and I'm suggesting Miley is the United States 'distant family-member' that you've all known since she was a kid.

I never watched Hannah Montana and couldn't give a fuck who or what she does lol, and I think while it wasn't a flattering performance (to say the least), why is noone commenting that Robin Thicke looked like a sedated middle-aged taxi-driver wearing a freaking black and white pinstripe MONSTROSITY?
SweepTheLeg said:
Jupiter551 said:
Kunra9 said:

I don't think it's unnecessarily cruel because I think that is the main reason there was a big hullabaloo over this in the first place. It was a bad awkward performance, and did some suggestive things, I guess- I've seen far more suggestive things in the past, just with less tongue. But most of the comments and pictures and reaction had to do with how her ass looked in those shorts over anything else. And to go back to a few posts of why no one cared about lady gaga in a gstring for the night, well it looks like she works out, her legs are toned and she has a healthy bubble. If her ass looked as bad as Miley's in the pictures seen the world would have jumped at her too.

Yeah maybe, though I think it's more about WHO she is - but I still think the 'skin flopping in waves...pretty gross' bit, and 'ugly hair' is just cruel, her body is her body. Feel free to rag on her music, her hairstyle (I guess), but I'm not gonna say it's cool to 'shame' someone (even Miley Cyrus) over the shape of their ass. (Btw I know people weren't trying to shame her, I'm just drawing attention to it.)

The thing about Lady Gaga is that people are used to her. It's expected of her to be over the top, and frankly, she's a trained hand at it. Her work is not a train wreck, even if it is often weird or challenging. Pure and simple, in this case, Miley gets the outrage points because she's the one who took the train and drove it into the side of a mountain, and there's nothing people like more than a bit of rubbernecking and tongue-clucking.

I know for a fact there are other Jon Lajoie fans on this board, so here's my drive-by:

Edit: Yep, totally already in this thread. Told ya I knew :p This is what I get for not reading the thread (I couldn't bear to... Still not gonna.) Listen to it again, hah!

Lintilla said:
I know for a fact there are other Jon Lajoie fans on this board, so here's my drive-by:

Edit: Yep, totally already in this thread. Told ya I knew :p This is what I get for not reading the thread (I couldn't bear to... Still not gonna.) Listen to it again, hah!

I think it deserves to be in this thread multiple times. Plus, Jon Lajoie is AWESOME!

So I'd managed to not view the performance until this morning... and awkward was definitely what I took away from it and it has nothing to do with her child stardom because I've never made myself more than vaguely familiar with her. (I actually just learned the Hannah Montana back story in this thread.)

What I found awkward? The bears and the tongue mostly at first. Her dancing seemed very forced but wasn't too bad... until Robin Thicke (who I was also only vaguely familiar with) showed up and it got even more unnatural looking. I felt like I was watching something I wasn't supposed to actually be seeing. I'd almost compare it to playing an alpha or beta version of a game in all its buggy glory.

So... having almost no previous opinions of the people (besides my "their music doesn't interest me stance"), I still found it a bit... off putting. Moral outrage? Naaaa.

You dont need to live in a trailer to be considered trailer trash and that's exactly what her performance reminded of.

She claims that she's starting some kind of "movement" with her "art." :?

Just like the most recent one... I never watched the previous VMAs, but at least Madonna and Brittany exuded some talent with their 'in your face' sexuality.

What Miley did may be equivocal; to me, it was more like what most crack whores do on street corners every night.

:twocents-02cents:

It's not about her talent, it's about her abandoning it. She obviously can sing.

I have a feeling she'll eventually quit experimenting and settle down with something she does well.

Reactions: LilyMarie
Nordling said:
It's not about her talent, it's about her abandoning it. She obviously can sing.

I have a feeling she'll eventually quit experimenting and settle down with something she does well.

I really like this version of the song, but it must be said that the backing band is fucking awesome and there is a lot of post production.

This is more raw but also good. She has something for sure, her song writing and technical skills is not there yet, but she is still only a kid

I love her talking voice, and this is a hilarious interview with her!

Reactions: Nordling
So, Miley's new video just dropped.

MXMgSVs.gif

Just finished watching it. Daaaaayyyyummm. If this is direction she's moving in, I give my full endorsement.

Reactions: Sevrin and Shaun__
Maybe her dream always was to be a stripper but she's using music as an outlet for it because doing sexy music videos is more accepted...?

Reactions: Rose and KayleePond
As I was listening to it about half of it didn't even sound like Miley. All I kept thinking was how heavily auto-tuned it was. So, uhm, yay to the sound engineers i guess. Perhaps the award shows should really start making them the top award these days.

PunkInDrublic said:
She is the definition of a try-hard.
She gets an A for effort! Yay! :dance:

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.