AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Miley Cyrus VMA performance sparks moral outrage

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, i know im gunna get made fun of and lose all accrued cool points for the following, but oh well.

i actually liked that video AND song. yeah yeah i know its probably just some random stab to make a quick buck by being naked in a video or whatever, but seriously check the lyrics. then her performance aside from the fact that shes naked. then look at the symbolism of the wrecking ball and demolition. shes hanging on to this symbol of destruction, part erotically and partly in desperation. if it had been gaga doing the exact same song and video people would react differently.

am i saying miley is like this whole new person and this is proof of it? hell no. shes still just this kid who got too famous too fast. BUT! i am saying that auto tuned or not the song is pretty damn good if listened to objectively (as in not paying attention to the production tricks with the vocals and the persona of the individual singing it). myself i found it moving and intense.

now think. if instead of that train wreck at the VMAs she had performed that song live (believe it or not the girl has a good voice when she chooses to use it right). even if she had done it in the same outfit from the video and did it with a stage set with similar symbolism and scope. i really dont think that the reaction would have been discomfort and disgust. sure, not everyone would have enjoyed it, and certainly people would have found plenty to complain about and make fun of........and seriously, when did it become okay for so damn many to ridicule someone's ass for not looking like some airbrushed ideal around here? bad wardrobe choice to be sure, but the girl isnt hideous looking.

what it boils down to for me is that if this video and song really truly represent the direction she intends to move in artistically im all behind it. ill definitely steal this one song, and check out the rest of the album in hopes that it has tracks that are as well written, and i dont mind auto tuning really. better than my voice by far lol.

ok, flame on johnny, go nova on my ass lol

ps: checked it out on itunes. theres another song available. its sort of generic and the auto tuning is much more intrusive but its no worse than most of the pablum people call club music nowadays

southsamurai said:
ok, i know im gunna get made fun of and lose all accrued cool points for the following, but oh well.

i actually liked that video AND song. yeah yeah i know its probably just some random stab to make a quick buck by being naked in a video or whatever, but seriously check the lyrics. then her performance aside from the fact that shes naked. then look at the symbolism of the wrecking ball and demolition. shes hanging on to this symbol of destruction, part erotically and partly in desperation. if it had been gaga doing the exact same song and video people would react differently.

Just to clarify my earlier post I actually liked the song and video too. I just thought it was heavily auto-tuned, like everything else coming out of the big music companies these days. Which is sad in this case because I've heard her sing without sound engineers involved and she actually can sing quite well.

Bocefish said:
Rose said:
PunkInDrublic said:
She is the definition of a try-hard.
She gets an A for effort! Yay! :dance:

:lol:

A for effort of what?
He's the one who said she tries hard. I was just being silly.

Bocefish said:
Rose said:
PunkInDrublic said:

A for effort of what?
For trying so hard to be sexy. I had to double check the definition of try hard to make sure it was what I remembered it as.
try-hard
A person who puts a large amount of effort into achieving a certain image, or counter-image, to the point where it is obviously contrived. Rather than achieving an image through genuine personality, the try-hard consciously attempts to fit a certain style through deliberate imitation, forced style, or scripted behavior. That is to say, he/she is trying hard to create an image.

PunkInDrublic said:
Bocefish said:
Rose said:
PunkInDrublic said:

A for effort of what?
For trying so hard to be sexy. I had to double check the definition of try hard to make sure it was what I remembered it as.
try-hard
A person who puts a large amount of effort into achieving a certain image, or counter-image, to the point where it is obviously contrived. Rather than achieving an image through genuine personality, the try-hard consciously attempts to fit a certain style through deliberate imitation, forced style, or scripted behavior. That is to say, he/she is trying hard to create an image.
She's a pop singer, ffs. If her desired image is that of a girl who looks hot while swinging naked on a wrecking ball, I'm of the opinion that her efforts were not in vain.

Sevrin said:
She's a pop singer, ffs. If her desired image is that of a girl who looks hot while swinging naked on a wrecking ball, I'm of the opinion that her efforts were not in vain.
Video set records so her efforts were not in vain. I just don't remember other pop singers being such a try hard. Pink was sexy and it didn't seem as awkward or forced and she managed to make decent music. Same with Britney and Christina Aguilera. Anyone remember the video with Pink and Mya and some others? That shit was sexy.

Reactions: SoTxBob
PunkInDrublic said:
Sevrin said:
Video set records so her efforts were not in vain. I just don't remember other pop singers being such a try hard. Pink was sexy and it didn't seem as awkward or forced and she managed to make decent music. Same with Britney and Christina Aguilera. Anyone remember the video with Pink and Mya and some others? That shit was sexy.

I think you're thinking of the Lady Marmalade video (Lil' Kim, Mya, Pink, Christina Aguilera) but if you google the videography of either Britney Spears or Christina Aguilera, you'll see that they both did what Miley is doing, just in a more acceptable way for 1998/1999. If I remember correctly, there was all sorts of 'moral outrage' about their sexual performance and videos, too. Times have changed, though.

I don't know, maybe she's trying too hard or maybe she really is just being herself. She seems pretty comfortable with herself and her body. Maybe she just enjoys being naked? :think:

AllisonWilder said:
I think you're thinking of the Lady Marmalade video (Lil' Kim, Mya, Pink, Christina Aguilera) but if you google the videography of either Britney Spears or Christina Aguilera, you'll see that they both did what Miley is doing, just in a more acceptable way for 1998/1999. If I remember correctly, there was all sorts of 'moral outrage' about their sexual performance and videos, too. Times have changed, though.

I don't know, maybe she's trying too hard or maybe she really is just being herself. She seems pretty comfortable with herself and her body. Maybe she just enjoys being naked? :think:
It wasn't nearly as forced or awkward with Britney or Christina though in my opinion. I think she enjoys being naked because it will make her millions of dollars. If we start seeing real nudity from her and not just gimmicky music videos aimed at a certain audience then maybe she won't be the ultimate tryhard. It was Lady Marmalade. Awesome and sexy video.

PlayboyMegan said:
Anyone see her newest video??
It's sad, really....and slightly funny.

All I know is I wish I was a sledgehammer or a chain, so she'd lick me. ;)

I just realized I was a page late on the video, my bad!!
Anyways, this is what I had to say about the original video:
I agree, Miley's performance was terrible. But not because it was sexual, but because it was just an awkward performance. Her parents made the decision to make her a Disney star. Now she is an adult who clearly no longer wants to be a role-model for children. She should be allowed that decision. If you don't like the way she acts, don't let your kids watch her. Simple. It's the PARENTS responsibility to monitor what their children watch. It's not the entertainers job to make sure it's appropriate for children.

As for the wrecking ball video, it was a mess. Just pathetic.

I actually really like the song :I
The video is awkward for sure but the song is stuck in my fuckin' head and I kinda like it that way.

Edit: the wrecking ball song i mean

Reactions: PlayboyMegan
After a few days of people flipping their shit about the performance on Facebook, I caved and watched it. I was.... confused. No moral outrage, no anger, just "WTF is going on?" Why are people WEARING stuffed bears? Why are there dancing bears? Why do those dancers have on old-school Destiny's Child outfits?

A lot of "why?" with no answer.

SweetSaffron said:
After a few days of people flipping their shit about the performance on Facebook, I caved and watched it. I was.... confused. No moral outrage, no anger, just "WTF is going on?" Why are people WEARING stuffed bears? Why are there dancing bears? Why do those dancers have on old-school Destiny's Child outfits?

A lot of "why?" with no answer.

Yeah, "moral outrage" is a stretch. Confusion is a far more genuine reaction, I think.

LOL @ "try-hard". Agreed with most of the comments here, she was trying too hard. I may be in the minority here, but bending over with your tongue out and shaking your ass on a man's crotch isn't sexy. Sexiness comes from within, a person who is aware of their sex appeal without blatantly flaunting it in people's faces. A person who is comfortable and confident in their skin is sexy but of course, that's a lot harder and takes more effort than bending over in public/on TV in order to look "sexy".

I'm in the rave scene and was a go-go dancer for 3+ years so I've seen a lot of trashy behavior in public but that never equated to "sexy", just attention-starved and desperate.

Reactions: PunkInDrublic
Hmm... Maybe it's because I'm SO disconnected from pop culture and pop music in general, that my opinion of things like this are pretty cut and dry and I view it for what it is without any existing bias. I don't know anything about Miley Cyrus, celebrity gossip, too old to have watched Hannah Montana and I don't listen to the radio, so things are never "overplayed" in my world unless I play it...

I think the song is pretty fucking amazing and super powerful. I'm happy to see such strong lyrics and vocal talent in pop music.
The video was beautiful. Well shot, amazing symbolism... including her nudity. It was supposed to exude pure, raw, naked emotion just like the song, and they succeeded at just that.

If she wasn't an ex Disney star everyone would be applauding. But I don't watch Disney channel because I'm a fucking adult so I'm just gonna applaud.

JoleneBrody said:
Hmm... Maybe it's because I'm SO disconnected from pop culture and pop music in general, that my opinion of things like this are pretty cut and dry and I view it for what it is without any existing bias. I don't know anything about Miley Cyrus, celebrity gossip, too old to have watched Hannah Montana and I don't listen to the radio, so things are never "overplayed" in my world unless I play it...

I think the song is pretty fucking amazing and super powerful. I'm happy to see such strong lyrics and vocal talent in pop music.
The video was beautiful. Well shot, amazing symbolism... including her nudity. It was supposed to exude pure, raw, naked emotion just like the song, and they succeeded at just that.

If she wasn't an ex Disney star everyone would be applauding. But I don't watch Disney channel because I'm a fucking adult so I'm just gonna applaud.
I agree with you completely.

I'm as "non-alternative-fuck-the-mainstream" as you can get, but honestly...this song is pretty amazing. She's singing about something that I have experienced and have dealt with in words I never thought of before, not even close, and that's pretty rare.

I came in like a wrecking ball
I never hit so hard in love
All I wanted was to break your walls
All you ever did was wreck me

Those are powerful lyrics, and a really symbolic way to express a very true and honest experience with love. I know I've spent nights crying in the bathtub, feeling those same things, wondering why I had to be so destructive when all I wanted was to share a love with someone.

Some of the most powerful emotions I've ever felt in my life, perfectly embodied in symbolism.

Well done.

found another good one

Attachments

• 1379546932322.jpg
    1379546932322.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 60
Rose said:
This version ain't too bad.
You. Go to the penalty box for 5 minutes for making me look at that. :lol:

Reactions: Rose
Status
Not open for further replies.