AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Miss mfc yearly competition

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yossarian said:
December 31 would be like the freakin' Hunger Games.

Yes it would be awful.

I think the last thing MFC needs is another scheme to encourage folks to tip the top models more and at expense of the 30,000+ models not in the top 100. Geez doesn'tt camscore, the most popular room, monthly Miss MFC, models you may like, do enough to drive traffic to the models.

On the other hand if they want to use rate and admire for something, why not have a competition yearly competition to see who can be the most admired camgirl. That would be cool ;)

Seems kind of invasive. I mean, we all know there are a few girls on MFC that make more than the average person can picture. If you list which girls come out on top over the course of the year it completely outs them. You can kind of guess who on MFC makes crazy money now based on the monthly top 20, but it's not out there in black and white. I'd be afraid of alienating the average member or becoming a target. Maybe I wouldn't be bothered by anything if I was making that kind of money, though. :lol:

That aside, it's a pretty long time to expect to keep members attention. Seems like the wallets and the fun of it would drain quickly. It's one thing to hope that members keep up with you and your best interests for a month. A year seems like a pretty big commitment and a bit of a snooze.

JickyJuly said:
Seems kind of invasive. I mean, we all know there are a few girls on MFC that make more than the average person can picture. If you list which girls come out on top over the course of the year it completely outs them. You can kind of guess who on MFC makes crazy money now based on the monthly top 20, but it's not out there in black and white. I'd be afraid of alienating the average member or becoming a target. Maybe I wouldn't be bothered by anything if I was making that kind of money, though. :lol:

That aside, it's a pretty long time to expect to keep members attention. Seems like the wallets and the fun of it would drain quickly. It's one thing to hope that members keep up with you and your best interests for a month. A year seems like a pretty big commitment and a bit of a snooze.

I agree with Jicky and HiGirls on this one. Along with what HiGirls said, the end of the months are already bad for girls that aren't running for Top 100. Just imagine how bad it would be for them in November and December too!

I'm sure regularly Top 10 girls would benefit massively but the rest of us wouldn't. And yes, making money is MFCs game but if 90% of the girls left the site because only the Top 10% of girls were benefiting from the site then they'd ultimately lose out on money because there's more to MFC than top models.

I think that certain girls and there rooms really thrive off the competition!

Perhaps if it were possible to op-out of the miss yearly mfc...or hide yourself (like you can with top 250 etc).

I can see it being beneficial for many.

I cant also see it blowing up in some people's faces---but I still think it might be more good then bad....esp with an option to opt-out.

Reactions: Kickaz
In commission businesses 20% of the people drive 80% of the business usually. It's simple economics.
We all know how much dedication it takes to do a top 100 month or top 20(maintaining that all year is even harder). Giving recognition to the models that work harder and produce the most is not unfair in my opinion.

I'm also kind of sad that models and members believe that the top models are making money at the expense of the rest of the models.
We all start the same (1000 camscore)
You also have to keep in mind that the tipping culture is probably deeply rooted by the competitive site of mfc. Take chaturbate(non rank based) for example. A 2k to 10k tip is a big deal there, but on mfc there are many non top models that have receive those tips sometimes multiple times during the year.
Even the average camscore token average has gone up over the course of the years because competition drives people to do better, and this shouldn't only be for the top models but for everyone.

If I wasn't a top model and mfc was giving awesome rewards to the top girls It would motivate me even more to work hard that one day I would be that model.

Also not all members prefer to hang out in top models rooms. Some prefer smaller rooms, and that is perfectly fine.

At the same time members are free to tip as they please, however much they want wether the model is doing a competition or not. So I don't know how this would be bad for members, since no model is holding a gun to their head forcing them to tip.
It's probably quite the opposite. The quality of entertainment on mfc should improve because models are competing more to thrive to the top.
This should attract new members to the site as well generate more tips from the members that are appreciating and enjoying these models.

It's sort of hard to argue to the majority (whom are not in the top 10 or 20 or 100 at all or at least not most of the time) that the girls who are already looked up to and admired and making so much money need yet another way to be rewarded. If a girl is in the top 20 for 6+ months out of the year I think its safe to assume she has already made a butt ton of money, so it comes off as a little spoiled to suggest an idea that would give her even more.

I agree that competition drives models to push harder and make more, and benefits mfc quite a lot, but I think the response to your idea has been less than supportive due to my reasoning above.

I think the recent change that shows the top 250 models was a move in the right direction because it includes even more girls who can get in the spirit of the competition.

Kickaz said:
In commission businesses 20% of the people drive 80% of the business usually. It's simple economics.
We all know how much dedication it takes to do a top 100 month or top 20(maintaining that all year is even harder). Giving recognition to the models that work harder and produce the most is not unfair in my opinion.

I'm also kind of sad that models and members believe that the top models are making money at the expense of the rest of the models.
You also have to keep in mind that the tipping culture is probably deeply rooted by the competitive site of mfc. Take chaturbate(non rank based) for example. A 2k to 10k tip is a big deal there, but on mfc there are many non top models that have receive those tips sometimes multiple times during the year.
Even the average camscore token average has gone up over the course of the years because competition drives people to do better, and this shouldn't only be for the top models but for everyone.

If I wasn't a top model and mfc was giving awesome rewards to the top girls It would motivate me even more to work hard that one day I would be that model.

Also not all members prefer to hang out in top models rooms. Some prefer smaller rooms, and that is perfectly fine.

At the same time members are free to tip as they please, however much they want wether the model is doing a competition or not. So I don't know how this would be bad for members, since no model is holding a gun to their head forcing them to tip.
It's probably quite the opposite. The quality of entertainment on mfc should improve because models are competing more to thrive to the top.
This should attract new members to the site as well generate more tips from the members that are appreciating and enjoying these models.

SarahLove said:
It's sort of hard to argue to the majority (whom are not in the top 10 or 20 or 100 at all or at least not most of the time) that the girls who are already looked up to and admired and making so much money need yet another way to be rewarded. If a girl is in the top 20 for 6+ months out of the year I think its safe to assume she has already made a butt ton of money, so it comes off as a little spoiled to suggest an idea that would give her even more.

I agree that competition drives models to push harder and make more, and benefits mfc quite a lot, but I think the response to your idea has been less than supportive due to my reasoning above.

I think the recent change that shows the top 250 models was a move in the right direction because it includes even more girls who can get in the spirit of the competition.

Kickaz said:

This. ^^^ The smartest thing MFC can do is get even MORE girls involved in the competition. And showing Top 250 does just that. On the other hand, focusing a competition on a same subset that already is involved in the competition might not be as productive.

Suggesting an idea that I believe will benefit and raise the bars in our industry does not make me spoiled. We live in a capitalist society, some people will make more than others but usually these are the people that are willing to go the extra mile.

Working 5-10 h a day regularly every month does not make me spoiled either. I earn every penny I make. Thank you very much!

No one is saying you (or other girls who are wildly successful on mfc) don't earn the money you make. Not sure why you'd think that was my point.

I just thought maybe the general feeling of "these girls are already the cream of the crop" may be why your idea didn't get the immediate support and enthusiasm you may have thought it would. And also that a lot of people would prefer that the competitions and rewards on mfc included a broader base of models instead of solely focusing on the ones already raking it in.

Sorry I didn't want to offend. I shouldn't have used the word spoiled.
Kickaz said:
Suggesting an idea that I believe will benefit and raise the bars in our industry does not make me spoiled. We live in a capitalist society, some people will make more than others but usually these are the people that are willing to go the extra mile.

Working 5-10 h a day regularly every month does not make me spoiled either. I earn every penny I make. Thank you very much!

Most people, non-camgirl people especially, obviously work over 5 hours a day. You don't need to justify your income to anyone, but your workday is on par with the average American. And, no. The people who work the hardest in a capitalist society don't end up with the nicest bank accounts. If that were true, there wouldn't be people working three jobs and still taking the bus.

Anyway, if you like your idea, why not pass it on to MFC? They seem more receptive than usual lately?

Kickaz said:
Giving recognition to the models that work harder and produce the most is not unfair in my opinion.

I think you might want to rephrase this.

If we're talking economics, this is a suggestion similar to "let's give tax breaks to the 1%," and I think that a move like this would just widen the disparity between the Top 20-100 and everyone else, creating an upper class/elite that is nigh on impossible to break into.

5-10 hours on cam are very very different than 5-10 hours in a regular job.
Miss mfc includes girls up to the top 250 now. I never said it had to be only for the top 20 models. Showing the yearly results might motivate more models to work more regular hours and the ones that are not driven by the competition can just option out or not pay attention to it.

Kickaz said:
Miss mfc includes girls up to the top 250 now. I never said it had to be only for the top 20 models. Showing the yearly results might motivate more models to work more regular hours and the ones that are not driven by the competition can just option out or not pay attention to it.

What about the girls who's bread and butter is a reg she shares with a Top 20 model? I know quite a few girls in that place and the end of the months are horrible for them because that reg will go support his top model because "she needs him". Now imagine how scary it would be for that girl knowing that that reg will likely disappear the last two month of the year.
There are 6000+ models on the site. More hours, being more competitive will not get even 10% of them into the Top250. 4% of the models stand to benefit from your suggestion.

I just don't understand why you're so dead set on convincing us that this is a good idea. We disagree with you. If you want this to happen, go talk to MFC.

Kickaz said:
You're right, they are very very different. I would choose do 5-10 hours on cam over 5-10 hours waitressing, bartending, doing construction work, working in a nursing home, being a secretary, being a teacher, the list goes on. I've never crawled into bed in tears after a long shift on cam but I for sure have done it after a long shift bartending.

Being a camgirl is exhausting sometimes but in the level of work involved I wouldn't say it's "very very" different from a regular job.

Kickaz said:

just out of curiosity, how would that benefit successful models, i.e. you? thinking MFC's potential prize for this would be a fraction of your yearly income. Are you just very competition driven?

Kickaz said:
I never said it had to be only for the top 20 models.
If it's going to be based on who has the most tokens per year, it's going to be focused on girls who make the top 20 more than once that year, that's a given. :)

I think competition is very motivating! But I don't believe it's a good idea to draw more attention to how much the top tier of models on MFC make. I think even just the top 20 each month is scrutinized enough with comments about "omfg I can't believe how much the top girls are making each month", etc.

I get what you're saying and love the spirit of competition but I think this is probably a bad way to go.

Kickaz said:

they say to not pay attention to camscore and ranking already; :shock:

they say its easy :shock:

JcyUjCo.gif

I am just saying that MFC has already SO MUCH COMPETITION, I know you work a lot, like...i was studying your mycamgirl.net status these days and your hours online are...insane. I can't even stay online for 4 hours straight. You deserve to be on top 20 every month. But we girls down there, hidden in the non listed rankings and working 3-6 hours daily need some motivation too. If it was year, we would just feel like we never deserve to be famous.

I already have to deal with the "i will never be a top 100 model" which is monthly, an year contest based on tokens would hurt my feelings even more.

also, you can see your total earned this year at the account information tab in your model account, for me that is enough motivation already.

Fay_Galore said:
Kickaz said:

just out of curiosity, how would that benefit successful models, i.e. you? thinking MFC's potential prize for this would be a fraction of your yearly income. Are you just very competition driven?

MFCs prize would be a fraction but the earnings increase from competitive members wanting to see their model in the top slot would be MASSIVE.

There are PLENTY of strenuous jobs both physically and mentally that people work for longer hours and less pay whether we're talking about the heavy hitters of MFC or just the average girl plugging along. Some of those workers surely help bolster your paycheck. There's nothing wrong with making good money and being proud of that. But, there is value in recognizing that everyone works for what they have especially when so many are willing to share whatever mad money they have with you.

SexyStephXS said:
Fay_Galore said:
Kickaz said:

MFCs prize would be a fraction but the earnings increase from competitive members wanting to see their model in the top slot would be MASSIVE.
Yeah, just like the current top 20... it's not about the financial prize, it's about the recognition and competition. But it does result in higher token earnings when models and their members have a goal to aim for. Which is why I am glad they expanded the list to show the top 250 each month now. Back when they started showing the top 100 it made a huge difference for a lot of girls, now there's even greater potential! :dance:

I think finding new ways to drive competition on MFC is a great idea!
However, I think the Top 20 / Top 100 is perfectly reasonable motivation already and seems to be an A+ concept.
If they want to do a yearly Miss MFC, whatever. I don't foresee myself in that bracket for a very long time so it doesn't really affect me... though I do think it could make a dent in the income of lesser-earning girls those last couple months of the year.
In my opinion, I think driving competition among the lesser-earners is a much better idea.

For example, think maybe a badge or medal system, displayed as icons at the top of the model's profile or something.
Girls who finish in #1000 and below get a bronze.
Girls who finish #999-500 get a silver,
and girls who finish #499-99 get a gold.

My Miss MFC rank is usually all over the place. I can finish anywhere between #700 and #1500 depending on the month. I know I'm nowhere near the Top 100, and no matter how hard I worked it would be impossible to get there because I just don't have the traffic, so I have no motivation to finish at any given rank besides earnings (and maybe subtle bragging rights on Twitter). Camscore is really the only thing girls like us have in this lower register to show where we're at compared to everyone else, which is probably why we're so obsessed with it. In my opinion, if we had more to strive for to show how we measure up in comparison in terms of earnings camscore wouldn't be such a huge deal any more!

The aforementioned medal system is totally just a suggestion that popped in my head with little to no thought, so please don't completely pick it apart. :shifty: I think it's a step in the right direction though, and I have a feeling something really neat could come of it. I know that I would be motivated to cam more hours and try harder to make tokens if I had something to show for it. The only thing holding me back is my camscore, because it's all I have. I know a lot of girls in my position feel the same way!

SexyStephXS said:
Kickaz said:

What about the girls who's bread and butter is a reg she shares with a Top 20 model? I know quite a few girls in that place and the end of the months are horrible for them because that reg will go support his top model because "she needs him". Now imagine how scary it would be for that girl knowing that that reg will likely disappear the last two month of the year.
There are 6000+ models on the site. More hours, being more competitive will not get even 10% of them into the Top250. 4% of the models stand to benefit from your suggestion.

I just don't understand why you're so dead set on convincing us that this is a good idea. We disagree with you. If you want this to happen, go talk to MFC.

I am not trying to convince you of anything. I just wanted to hear how ppl felt about it. And everyone is entitled to their opinion.
But beliving that top models are hurting and stealing money indirectly off the other girls is kinda offensive in my opinion. I never held a gun at any members telling them to tip me ever. They are free to tip whoever they like.
A model with a camscore of 200 might feel the same way about you since you make more than the average. Are you taking money away from her now? Should you not make any more tips because she feels you have more tipping members than she does.
No top model is stoping you or anyone else from making money on the site. The opportunity is there.

Reactions: GoddessElysia
Kickaz said:
SexyStephXS said:
Kickaz said:

I am not trying to convince you of anything. I just wanted to hear how ppl felt about it. And everyone is entitled to their opinion.
But beliving that top models are hurting and stealing money indirectly off the other girls is kinda offensive in my opinion. I never held a gun at any members telling them to tip me ever. They are free to tip whoever they like.
A model with a camscore of 200 might feel the same way about you since you make more than the average. Are you taking money away from her now? Should you not make any more tips because she feels you have more tipping members than she does.
No top model is stoping you or anyone else from making money on the site. The opportunity is there.

I never said that you were "indirectly stealing" from me or other girls. I'm just saying you're going to be hard pressed to convince 96% of girls that there would be any benefits for them from this.

No one said anything about top girls stealing or hurting anyone. It's an issue of making the distribution of tokens even more steeply separated. That works out in your favor. So, in the short term, it's not a concern to you. The girls in the middle and upper middle would probably feel it the hardest. It could potentially drive them to other sites because they KNOW they have the means to make better money. Long term, that could have adverse effects on the entire site. If there are only big cam score girls and tiny struggling cam score girls, a lot of members will lose interest and wander off wallets in hand.

From the responses I understand that people have different factors that motivate them.

I get super motivated when I set super hard goals and I lose interest when I set easier goals in general. When I first started on mfc with a camscore of 800, I watched the top models and my goal was that one day i wanted to be one of them, so the miss mfc competition was what really drove my success and the top models inspired me to do better, not worse.

I understand some people might not enjoy the pressure of competition and they might get demoralized.
However the reason why mfc has the potential it does it's because of this competition.
I have pitched in the idea to mfc and I don't know if they will implement it. I'm alright if they don't but I didn't think it would demotivate so many models. That was never my intention. It was quite the opposite actually.

I'm still stuck on the part where you implied that being a camgirl for 5 hours a day is harder than other people's jobs. :/

Have you, like, HAD other jobs? Because I'd switch places with you in a second if I had the ass for it, and it took me 8 years of college to earn the right to do my incredibly difficult and demanding job and I still don't make close to what I'm sure you make. But I guess I don't work hard enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.