AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Model In Models Room Etiquette

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today is a sad day for me. After years of letting any model in my room, I have blocked them. I tried, but it seems it's better this way or now.

Bumping this. I just asked if I could watch someone who does a specific kind of show and got a few responses so I wanted to re-read this thread.

I have a question I didn't see mentioned here. Does anyone get uncomfortable with other models in their room? I sometimes find myself purposely not tweeting that I am on MFC just because I don't want any ladies coming in. It gives me really severe anxiety.

So if we're going to be following all the rules you ladies have laid out, does it matter to you if the model mentions who they are via ninja tipnote or if they just remain anonymous?

MelodyFaye said:
Bumping this. I just asked if I could watch someone who does a specific kind of show and got a few responses so I wanted to re-read this thread.

I have a question I didn't see mentioned here. Does anyone get uncomfortable with other models in their room? I sometimes find myself purposely not tweeting that I am on MFC just because I don't want any ladies coming in. It gives me really severe anxiety.

So if we're going to be following all the rules you ladies have laid out, does it matter to you if the model mentions who they are via ninja tipnote or if they just remain anonymous?

My room is welcoming to anybody in a premium username (basic for those models starting and asked to watch my shows). I like models and members watching, it doesn't give me any troubles and I am very comfortable.

(being repetitive now:)

The only thing to follow: DON'T DRAW ATTENTION. Or if you are going to say you are a model and not your username, don't make me guess. You are taking minutes of my chat to "guess you" with hints and getting the kind of attention I dislike.

Don't be a cheerleader "come on guys, tip this amazing girl!" which is different from "i will match every tip until this countdown is done".

If we are friends/ or i am your fan i will link your profile/twitter to my room. Unless I do it, please don't do it.

There is a big difference between appreciating a model and doing it expecting something back (advertising, special attention etc).

Gween said:
MelodyFaye said:

My room is welcoming to anybody in a premium username (basic for those models starting and asked to watch my shows). I like models and members watching, it doesn't give me any troubles and I am very comfortable.

The only thing to follow: DON'T DRAW ATTENTION. Or if you are going to say you are a model and not your username, don't make me guess. You are taking minutes of my chat to "guess you" with hints and getting the kind of attention I dislike.

Don't be a cheerleader "come on guys, tip this amazing girl!" which is different from "i will match every tip until this countdown is done".

If we are friends/ or i am your fan i will link your profile/twitter to my room. Unless I do it, please don't do it.

There is a big difference between appreciating a model and doing it expecting something back (advertising, special attention etc).

Thanks for replying. It bums me out quite a bit that those things even have to be said though :?

The only time I have said who I am is in a ninja tip note if I am buying content just to make sure she is comfortable with me buying it :)

MelodyFaye said:
Gween said:
MelodyFaye said:

Thanks for replying. It bums me out quite a bit that those things even have to be said though :?

The only time I have said who I am is in a ninja tip note if I am buying content just to make sure she is comfortable with me buying it :)

I do this too! :-D love buying things around there, i am craving to buy a pillow that Janezef makes, but i still have to ask if she ships around. I wish i could buy cookies thought :(

And yes, i am only saying it because it have happened and wasn't cool :(

I think that a lot of good things have already been mentioned! To reiterate some of them:

I think letting them know who you are in a private tip note is good. Personally,I will probably squee a bit or smile extra big and will try to just keep the show going like normal. I LOVE getting to have conversations with other models who are visiting, especially if they are really engaging with the whole room and staying somewhat on topic.

I think it is REALLY important that you not act too girly and I think letting the room know you are a girl or a model is a HUGE no, no! It's super easy to do on accident ("Omg that dress is so cute, I want one just like it!")and I think most visiting (ACF) models have perfectly innocent intentions, but I think that if you're going to visit you have to try to be low key about that stuff. It is a super awkward situation to put another model in and it breaks my heart when someone I know is meaning to visit me in an awesome and friendly way but steals the show or talks about model stuff in chat. I think that you can talk girly/model stuff all you want in PM though! For me, I'll probably be slow to reply, but I wouldn't mind that, at all!

Hopefully that doesn't sound too intimidating or anything, I think most girls are super sweet and considerate visitors and I fucking love when I get to see you guys!

KayleePond said:
I think that a lot of good things have already been mentioned! To reiterate some of them:

I think letting them know who you are in a private tip note is good. Personally,I will probably squee a bit or smile extra big and will try to just keep the show going like normal. I LOVE getting to have conversations with other models who are visiting, especially if they are really engaging with the whole room and staying somewhat on topic.

I think it is REALLY important that you not act too girly and I think letting the room know you are a girl or a model is a HUGE no, no! It's super easy to do on accident ("Omg that dress is so cute, I want one just like it!")and I think most visiting (ACF) models have perfectly innocent intentions, but I think that if you're going to visit you have to try to be low key about that stuff. It is a super awkward situation to put another model in and it breaks my heart when someone I know is meaning to visit me in an awesome and friendly way but steals the show or talks about model stuff in chat. I think that you can talk girly/model stuff all you want in PM though! For me, I'll probably be slow to reply, but I wouldn't mind that, at all!

Hopefully that doesn't sound too intimidating or anything, I think most girls are super sweet and considerate visitors and I fucking love when I get to see you guys!

That doesn't sound too intimidating :) This thread actually made me excited to start venturing into other ladies rooms and telling them who I am instead of just being quiet (in a ninja tip note or pm of course). Do members ever click on each other's names? Like my profile picture or avatar is of me, but not my mfc avatar. Should I change it to something random?

MelodyFaye said:
KayleePond said:

That doesn't sound too intimidating :) This thread actually made me excited to start venturing into other ladies rooms and telling them who I am instead of just being quiet (in a ninja tip note or pm of course). Do members ever click on each other's names? Like my profile picture or avatar is of me, but not my mfc avatar. Should I change it to something random?

Phew, good! I was worried it would seem like I was some sort of hard ass and no one would want to visit me. I want to emphasize that I adore model visitors, it just is so much more enjoyable when you know they're going to be cool with the etiquette, you know? Like then I can have more fun with them and don't have to worry! I have a few models who I trust completely to play it cool and I always have the BEST time when they visit! (Obviously also because they're great, but it helps that I don't have to think about them blowing their cover.)

I would say that it's likely that any model you visit will be excited to see you and will want to talk to you! I know I usually grin EXTRA huge when models tip me, so it's at least some giveaway of me being familiar. If a girl has regulars, they are probably going to wonder how I know someone they've never seen or don't see often, and I bet you they'd click to check out who they were! They might even think it's someone they know who used to visit a name change. Personally, I would say you'd be better off with a neutral avatar that's just like an image of something you're interested in! That way you're totally safe!

KayleePond said:
MelodyFaye said:
KayleePond said:

Phew, good! I was worried it would seem like I was some sort of hard ass and no one would want to visit me. I want to emphasize that I adore model visitors, it just is so much more enjoyable when you know they're going to be cool with the etiquette, you know? Like then I can have more fun with them and don't have to worry! I have a few models who I trust completely to play it cool and I always have the BEST time when they visit! (Obviously also because they're great, but it helps that I don't have to think about them blowing their cover.)

I would say that it's likely that any model you visit will be excited to see you and will want to talk to you! I know I usually grin EXTRA huge when models tip me, so it's at least some giveaway of me being familiar. If a girl has regulars, they are probably going to wonder how I know someone they've never seen or don't see often, and I bet you they'd click to check out who they were! They might even think it's someone they know who used to visit a name change. Personally, I would say you'd be better off with a neutral avatar that's just like an image of something you're interested in! That way you're totally safe!

You definitely didn't sound like a hard ass because you are right. It's not just the model aspect that can make a distraction but girls in general. That makes perfect sense. Thanks for taking the time to answer me! I'm looking forward to hanging out with you now that I know how to be cool ;)

MelodyFaye said:
KayleePond said:
MelodyFaye said:
KayleePond said:

You definitely didn't sound like a hard ass because you are right. It's not just the model aspect that can make a distraction but girls in general. That makes perfect sense. Thanks for taking the time to answer me! I'm looking forward to hanging out with you now that I know how to be cool ;)

You're always cool, baby! :cool:

(I feel like I need a leather jacket and sunglasses whilst saying that.)

Seriously though, happy to help! I worry about models who DON'T think about that kind of stuff, it shows a lot of caring and consideration that you took the time to ask!

KayleePond said:
MelodyFaye said:
KayleePond said:

As a member, I do click on other members names if they seem cool or interesting. As a (very) regular in Kaylee's room I will confirm that, when she reacts like she mentioned, It personally gets me thinking, maybe I know that person, either from them being a member coming back under a different name or from ACF (either member or model).

I try not to let that kind of thing distract me from the show in general, but if there's clearly a banter going on even in PM, it's hard not to be curious. I think it's just human nature to wonder, who knows maybe it's just my nature :p

Thanks Hapa! You guys are so perceptive, I'm not surprised at all!

I am just now seeing my zillion typos/random tense changes in my posts, guess I should get some sleep! :lol:

hapa74 said:
KayleePond said:
MelodyFaye said:
KayleePond said:

As a member, I do click on other members names if they seem cool or interesting. As a (very) regular in Kaylee's room I will confirm that, when she reacts like she mentioned, It personally gets me thinking, maybe I know that person, either from them being a member coming back under a different name or from ACF (either member or model).

I try not to let that kind of thing distract me from the show in general, but if there's clearly a banter going on even in PM, it's hard not to be curious. I think it's just human nature to wonder, who knows maybe it's just my nature :p

Thanks for chiming in! That makes sense, it would get me curious too now that I think about it. I'll be sure to leave my profile and picture vague when I am perving ;)

MelodyFaye said:
hapa74 said:
KayleePond said:
MelodyFaye said:
KayleePond said:

Thanks for chiming in! That makes sense, it would get me curious too now that I think about it. I'll be sure to leave my profile and picture vague when I am perving ;)
Don't do that! Checking out interesting members' profiles is how I discovered LilyMarie! :)

I'm perfectly capable of keeping my attention on the show and making metal notes to check out other people after it's finished.

Leon_Omega said:
MelodyFaye said:
Don't do that! Checking out interesting members' profiles is how I discovered LilyMarie! :)

I'm perfectly capable of keeping my attention on the show and making metal notes to check out other people after it's finished.

Hmmmm :think: Thanks for mentioning this. Would more models be willing to chime in about how they feel about profile pictures and info?

It'd be nice if all members were as kind as you!

Leon_Omega said:
MelodyFaye said:
hapa74 said:
KayleePond said:
MelodyFaye said:

What you're describing is generally what we want to avoid doing to each other, though! I've no doubt that it can be awesome for you, but if a perving model catches the eye of a member they've done exactly the thing most would say they're trying to avoid while perving. If the resident model introduces the girl or points out that she's a model, it's different, but in general the hope is that members won't know they're a model at all. Some models care more or less about this issue, but I usually just play it safe and stay undercover unless they out me. A model who was purposefully trying to attract members who were watching me would not be welcome to visit my room, though.

I'm sure that there are plenty of tactics models could employ via perving that would help them to gain visitors, but they would most likely not fit in with the etiquette thread.

I'm sure there are some guys who could realize someone else is a model and visit them, interact, whatever in a respectful way that isn't hurting the main model but most are going to be jerks. I've only ever been outed once and it was actually awful. I was so excited because it was a top model and she linked my twitter. I got zero followers but a lot of pms about watching cams, dirty talk and actually leaving the girl's room to go skype. It was ridiculous. I just ended up leaving. So I definitely think it's best no one knows who you are. That wasn't at all my question, I was just curious how far members would go to figure out who you are.

If I'm in a model's room it's because they are doing something that I would like some inspiration on, they have been super helpful on ACF and I want to tip them for it or I just am looking to have a good old fashioned orgasm whilst looking at a beautiful woman to be quite honest.

Note, Kaylee you have said how you feel about pictures and profiles so I will of course respect that. I just was curious if other ladies felt the same way! I assume your feeling is pretty standard though and for very good reason :)

MelodyFaye said:
Note, Kaylee you have said how you feel about pictures and profiles so I will of course respect that. I just was curious if other ladies felt the same way! I assume your feeling is pretty standard though and for very good reason :)

I'm interested to hear other thoughts, too! I'm sure plenty of models feel differently!

Reactions: Worship Jaclyn
KayleePond said:
What you're describing is generally what we want to avoid doing to each other, though! I've no doubt that it can be awesome for you, but if a perving model catches the eye of a member they've done exactly the thing most would say they're trying to avoid while perving. If the resident model introduces the girl or points out that she's a model, it's different, but in general the hope is that members won't know they're a model at all. Some models care more or less about this issue, but I usually just play it safe and stay undercover unless they out me. A model who was purposefully trying to attract members who were watching me would not be welcome to visit my room, though.

I'm sure that there are plenty of tactics models could employ via perving that would help them to gain visitors, but they would most likely not fit in with the etiquette thread.
I should point out that that was,in fact, the case. It was in LilyEvans's room and Lily heartily recommended Lily, so she made sure to link us to Lily's model name and twitter (is this confusing yet? :p)

I should also note that what caught my eye was the fact that LilyMarie was actively participating in the chat and just genuinely seemed nice, she was clearly not there to promote herself, just to have a good time. To contrast, I've had models that I didn't know PM me while I was in other rooms to try and poach me. Those go on my ignore list because I feel that if you need to resort to this kind of tactic, you're bad at promoting yourself. The marketer in me sees that as the model not having enough faith in her own ability to attract members.

I get why you'd want to avoid it happening though. It's difficult enough to keep a group of regulars interested without possible competition popping up everywhere.

Whenever there is a model I know well and LIKE in my room I always try to make sure to plug her twitter. So, personally I don't see any issue with having your profile picture (not your avatar) being a picture of yourself. If I don't know you I won't be treating you any different from any other stranger in my room so guys are likely to not be curious and check out your profile. (Does this make sense? It's late. lol)

I do like to know in a private tip note if a model is in my room or not. Sounds so silly but I care more about what models think than members. So it's good to know when I'm being watched so I can sit a little straighter, remember to smile, and suck it in. :p
I will usually ask her permission to plug in her twitter publicly. But like Steph said, I have to know and like the model and it depends if it's an appropriate time to do so (not during a cumshow, obviously).

As a member, I've always dug it when models allow other models in their room. It just tends to make for a more relaxed atmosphere with a greater emphasis on the social aspect. It's like going to see your friend's band play and bumping into another band that you know while you're there.

I can absolutely see the negatives (it takes some of the attention away from the model whose room it is and can be a hindrance) but I think there are a lot of positives too. For members, it's an easy way to discover new models, and for models, it increases the pool of members that they have to turn into potential tippers. I've noticed that models who visit each other's rooms, often wind up sharing the same regulars, meaning they have twice as many potential tippers as they would have done had they not allowed models in their room (assuming they don't cam at the same time).

That said, it would be shitty to just rock up to a model's room with the intention of poaching her members and models should probably wait to be introduced to the room as a fellow model and not just announce it themselves.

mynameisbob84 said:
As a member, I've always dug it when models allow other models in their room. It just tends to make for a more relaxed atmosphere with a greater emphasis on the social aspect. It's like going to see your friend's band play and bumping into another band that you know while you're there.

I can absolutely see the negatives (it takes some of the attention away from the model whose room it is and can be a hindrance) but I think there are a lot of positives too. For members, it's an easy way to discover new models, and for models, it increases the pool of members that they have to turn into potential tippers. I've noticed that models who visit each other's rooms, often wind up sharing the same regulars, meaning they have twice as many potential tippers as they would have done had they not allowed models in their room (assuming they don't cam at the same time).

That said, it would be shitty to just rock up to a model's room with the intention of poaching her members and models should probably wait to be introduced to the room as a fellow model and not just announce it themselves.

Yep, as a member I really enjoy this. I found one of my favorite models that way. :)

But I can see how it's hard for the models.

I love when models are in my room. I don't allow all of them in, instead I add models that I talk with so that they can come in under their model account. Usually a model will say who she is in a tip note, and then I always want to announce her to my room with her permission. Cause it's fun! My room gets excited that a girl is watching me, and I've found that having an active social circle of model friends helps all of the models involved gain followers. I think it becomes somewhat of a sitcom for the watchers, andf they want to know if two of their favorite characters are gonna hook up! So, it doesn't bother me at all if attention gets put onto the other model while im on cam. I think it's helpful in the end.

I rarely go into other girl's rooms on my model account. I only do that if we've met in person and I know they will be okay with it. Otherwise, I watch on my perv account and try to get some tippage going by dropping token bombs on her.

Fuck. I don't know what I would do if I hadn't started reaching out to other models. They're like... 33% of the reason why I enjoy what I do and have stuck with it. I've been extremely social at any job I've ever had, and working on the internet makes it even easier to find exactly the types of people I want to hang out with. MESSAGE ME, WOMEN OF THE CAM WORLD. I LOVE YOU AND WANT TO MAKEOUT.

mynameisbob84 said:

While this is true to an extent, it can also backfire.
I've had models come in, announced their twitters/names, and have had REALLY good tippers start visiting her over me and it actually hurt my income quite a bit. She did announce my name in her room, too, but she was a lower CS model and I don't think any of the 10 premiums in her room ever came to visit me.
You can argue good tippers come and go and it was bound to happen sometime, but it didn't have to happen as soon.

I prefer models not come into my room at all. When I want to interact with other girls, I get on ACF (and we all know how active I am here; obviously I love y'all a lot! ;)) But when I'm on-cam and trying to run my own little erotic talk show with a sprinkling of hustle on the side, other girls are just a distraction that could throw me off my game.

Let me put this in perspective: Say I'm not a camgirl, but rather I work at McDonald's as a cashier. On a normal day I do my job well, am polite to customers, get pats on the back from my managers, etc. But on days that my friends come in and sit in the lobby, giggling at everything customers say and trying to get my attention every 5 minutes, my work isn't going to be as good, and my boss is probably going to chew me out for not doing my job right. Now that probably won't get me fired, and working at McDonald's means that my hourly rate will still be the same. But apply the same scenario to a solely commission-based job like camming, and you'll find that taking attention in any way away from members is going to result in a significant drop in income.

I understand why some girls like the company, I really do. But when I'm on-cam, I'm not looking for the company of girls... I want to hang out with all of my guys, crack some inside jokes, act a little goofy, and have some happy times with them that involve our genitals and a healthy portion of fantasy. Not entertain all of my girlfriends. Ladies can perv as guests or come in as members and not tell me they're a model, but distracting me in any way/coming in and telling me who you are is a good way to get banned. It's not personal, just a part of how I run my room/manage my business.

:twocents-02cents:

Member here, of course.

The etiquitte discussed here makes total sense to me. As a member, I do enjoy it when another model comes into a room I'm in, but this assumes that she's not trying to make things be about herself and the host model seems pleased by the visit. This was how I ended up getting adopted by Iris. She was being cool in the amazing FreklesMcGee's (she's coming back next month!) room. When Frekles retired, I showed up in Iris's room, and she hasn't managed to get rid of me yet.

Oh, and it is very common for regulars of models who are openly friends to wind up visiting both models in the future. I popped into one Iris's friends's room once, and it seemed like I knew half the premiums in there. So, this can indeed benefit both models and is fun for the members too.

*Notes:

1. Frekles was clearly cool was Iris being there, and Iris observed good camgirl etiquette.

2. I will NEVER leave a model's room to go see a poacher (even an accidental one). If a model who comes in seems nice and interesting (and respectful of the girl whose room she's in), I might go see her some other time, but not then. I think you'll find that a lot of regulars (for any model) feel this way, plus I wouldn't do it even if I barely knew the one whose room I was in. It just seems like that would be a) kind of classless and b) rewarding bad behavior.

3. I will, of course, be visiting Frekles on her return, but Iris is still stuck with me.

PlayboyMegan said:
mynameisbob84 said:

While this is true to an extent, it can also backfire.
I've had models come in, announced their twitters/names, and have had REALLY good tippers start visiting her over me and it actually hurt my income quite a bit. She did announce my name in her room, too, but she was a lower CS model and I don't think any of the 10 premiums in her room ever came to visit me.
You can argue good tippers come and go and it was bound to happen sometime, but it didn't have to happen as soon.
Yeah and I think it's natural for guys to not pick up on the ulterior motives in some cases. This happens a lot more frequently than people imagine. And it isn't just low camscore girls who get away with it. I've known a couple cases of popular higher score models getting away with it, good tipping members gravitating to their rooms and eventually abandoning their original favorite models' rooms for the new ones.

It sucks but it happens.

As a model and a member, nobody will ever know when I've gone perving. If the model can guess through my tip note, then she'll be the only one who knows who I am. It's not meant to be sneaky so much as to keep my own privacy, though the sneaking part is pretty fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.