AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Model In Models Room Etiquette

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Always_Tim said:
mynameisbob84 said:
As a member, I've always dug it when models allow other models in their room. It just tends to make for a more relaxed atmosphere with a greater emphasis on the social aspect. It's like going to see your friend's band play and bumping into another band that you know while you're there.

I can absolutely see the negatives (it takes some of the attention away from the model whose room it is and can be a hindrance) but I think there are a lot of positives too. For members, it's an easy way to discover new models, and for models, it increases the pool of members that they have to turn into potential tippers. I've noticed that models who visit each other's rooms, often wind up sharing the same regulars, meaning they have twice as many potential tippers as they would have done had they not allowed models in their room (assuming they don't cam at the same time).

That said, it would be shitty to just rock up to a model's room with the intention of poaching her members and models should probably wait to be introduced to the room as a fellow model and not just announce it themselves.

Yep, as a member I really enjoy this. I found one of my favorite models that way. :)

But I can see how it's hard for the models.

As a member, I find this discussion really interesting! Though I must be in the minority because, typically, I find other models visiting in chat, to be very distracting. Obviously, very stealthy models wouldn't be, but even perv accounts with names similar to an actual model name seem to distract me. I will say that I have had very nice PM conversations with a few models, who were on perv accounts, though the conversation revolved around how awesome and beautiful the model, in whose room we were in, was.

I want to clarify that I don't think it's something that ruins my experience or anything, it just seems to, or at least has the potential to, draw my attention away from where I think it needs to be, which is on the model who is performing.

And in my case, someone who really only frequents one room regularly anymore, any potential of me going to another room would definitely take away tokens from that room.

Since my feelings seemed to differ from other members, I thought I'd just throw in my :twocents-02cents:

There are so many opinions on this! I guess it just comes down to being a good member in general. I would take the time to judge the atmosphere of any room before I decided to do anything. It seems like *most* models here say they would want to know who we are privately. So I will stick with that. I completely understand Gemma's point of view and I guess I will have to take the risk that I will wander into someone's room who feels the way she does and not be welcome. Models are welcome in my room but I can't say I get as excited as some other ladies do when they come in, right now it actually just makes me nervous. To be honest I very, very rarely visit ladies who aren't active on ACF so in that case hopefully I will know them well enough to know what they would want from me and they will know me well enough to know that I'm not there to cause a problem. Maybe if I want to watch someone new I will even just pm them and ask if that is okay.

@Gemma: Is your opinion the same on MFC or is it SM only? In my experience model visitors on MFC don't act like those friends who come to see you at work who have no respect for your job (which was kind of an insulting comparison and I hope it doesn't reflect how you actually think of other models). Quite the opposite actually. Maybe it's different for girls that do g/g shows but I enjoy having my friends visiting (as long as they're not acting like they're begging for attention) and my regs love it too (assuming they know the girl).

SexyStephXS said:
@Gemma: Is your opinion the same on MFC or is it SM only? In my experience model visitors on MFC don't act like those friends who come to see you at work who have no respect for your job (which was kind of an insulting comparison and I hope it doesn't reflect how you actually think of other models). Quite the opposite actually. Maybe it's different for girls that do g/g shows but I enjoy having my friends visiting (as long as they're not acting like they're begging for attention) and my regs love it too (assuming they know the girl).

It's the same on MFC or SM. As I stated in my original post, other models are totally awesome in my book, but having them in my room completely throws me 'off my game' and is something I personally find detrimental to my income/room vibe. When I'm on cam I'm there to fuck dildos, talk to my guys, and make money, not hold a lemonade social with other camgirls or try to incorporate them into my room. Even in a vanilla job having friends show up randomly would completely distract me from working/putting all my effort into what I'm doing, and that goes doubly for commission-based jobs such as our own. If I'm not fully engaging the room and instead am distracted by another camgirl trying to chat, then the members who are there to enjoy my company get left out, and that's just not okay with me.

tl;dr - Camming is a job, and treating it like one (up to and including not wanting friends to bother me at work) is part of how I run my business/ensure that my guys get the attention they deserve when I'm online. If it's not part of how your run your room, that's fine. I was just stating my opinion, not telling anyone what to do.

If you're hell bent on viewing another model, go as a guest or spend the twenty bucks for a premium name. I had allowed models in my room for some time and later it bit me in the ass. Highly competitive bitches that are incredibly envious of other girls success. I usually think its because they spend upwards to ten hour shifts on cam and think they visit other girls to steal members. I have seen particular women in my category of bbw do this quite a lot.

Once I figured out this scam I banned models all together from my room. I also made a point to call them out for their shady bullshit...In one case I even blocked the models state...she was a real wackadoodle.

If you really want to view a model don't focus the attention on yourself or make it known your a model. Honest to god it deters the model from having fun and making money.

Go under a premium or basic name.

Want to connect more? Join ACF forum. Lots of fun! :thumbleft:

The only time models know I'm in their room is if I tip as a thank you for awesome advice given here, or if I'm buying content because a lot of girls have said they prefer to know when it's a model buying those things.

But personally I love knowing another model is in my room (on her perv account) especially if she contributes to chat. I have PMs turned off for non friends, so they'd have to tell me in a private tip note, and as other girls have said, it depends on how well I know them, and what's going on in my room at the time if I'll anounce it to the room.

AmberCutie said:
PlayboyMegan said:
mynameisbob84 said:
As a member, I've always dug it when models allow other models in their room. It just tends to make for a more relaxed atmosphere with a greater emphasis on the social aspect. It's like going to see your friend's band play and bumping into another band that you know while you're there.

I can absolutely see the negatives (it takes some of the attention away from the model whose room it is and can be a hindrance) but I think there are a lot of positives too. For members, it's an easy way to discover new models, and for models, it increases the pool of members that they have to turn into potential tippers. I've noticed that models who visit each other's rooms, often wind up sharing the same regulars, meaning they have twice as many potential tippers as they would have done had they not allowed models in their room (assuming they don't cam at the same time).

That said, it would be shitty to just rock up to a model's room with the intention of poaching her members and models should probably wait to be introduced to the room as a fellow model and not just announce it themselves.
While this is true to an extent, it can also backfire.
I've had models come in, announced their twitters/names, and have had REALLY good tippers start visiting her over me and it actually hurt my income quite a bit. She did announce my name in her room, too, but she was a lower CS model and I don't think any of the 10 premiums in her room ever came to visit me.
You can argue good tippers come and go and it was bound to happen sometime, but it didn't have to happen as soon.
Yeah and I think it's natural for guys to not pick up on the ulterior motives in some cases. This happens a lot more frequently than people imagine. And it isn't just low camscore girls who get away with it. I've known a couple cases of popular higher score models getting away with it, good tipping members gravitating to their rooms and eventually abandoning their original favorite models' rooms for the new ones.

It sucks but it happens.

It's so much simpler being a member :)

From our side, models being in other model's rooms is just this fun little bonus and might lead to us discovering a few extra rooms we enjoy hanging out in; I guess for you guys, it runs the risk of leading to members' attention being taken away from you, tippers leaving you for other models, and so on. I can definitely see why so many models don't allow other models in their room at all.

mynameisbob84 said:

From our side, models being in other model's rooms is just this fun little bonus and might lead to us discovering a few extra rooms we enjoy hanging out in; I guess for you guys, it runs the risk of leading to members' attention being taken away from you, tippers leaving you for other models, and so on. I can definitely see why so many models don't allow other models in their room at all.

Models and members have very different goals.

For members anything that helps us find more rooms we can hang out in is great (and it really can be hard to find rooms that are comfortable and fun!) but most models don't find it in their interest for their regulars to have more rooms to hang out in.

Always_Tim said:
mynameisbob84 said:

Models and members have very different goals.

For members anything that helps us find more rooms we can hang out in is great (and it really can be hard to find rooms that are comfortable and fun!) but most models don't find it in their interest for their regulars to have more rooms to hang out in.
Exactly.

We try to be as mature and professional about it as possible, but it doesn't feel great when you notice that soandsoregular is now spending the time they usually spent in your room in that other girl's room while you're on cam... especially when that other girl was a seemingly cool premium that hung out in your room and got chummy with everyone...

We encourage and celebrate the fact that our regulars visit others while we are not on cam and exchange fun feelings about other cam girls, but obviously our goal is to have our regulars stay regular in our own room when we are camming.

Wow, this has really been informative... for me. I guess I was doing alot of no no's like lurking... and what not. I have never promoted myself in any other models room, but have watched the shows etc.

I felt like as a newbie it was one of the better way to educate myself on what webcamming is all about. I see the errors in my ways. lol :crybaby:

Reactions: RubyDimples and Gen
So, I accidently did this the other day.

I was checking my twitter while logged onto MFC, and Aubri, a model I follow, is super cool and she posted her link to her room.

Me, being a complete derp, I just went (Yay I wonder what she's doing!) and I clicked on her link, and I popped up while on my model account.

So, I'm sitting there creeping, and then she screams my model name.

And I'm all like, "OMG. I'm so sorry!" So I compliment her shirt and say I was just popping in to say hi before taking off immediately.

I have a list of favorite models I like to regularly perv on.

Gween, AsheMaree, AshleyAlban, Aella etc.

So I regularly just perv, but this time I forgot to log. I'm also super use to Models banning model accounts so it was a thing I didn't even think of.

In general, I try to perv and creep and tip quietly.

I would just like to say, when another model pops into the models room I'm watching and says a quick compliment or a hello. I don't find that distracting at all. I actually find it quite nice that even though there is so much competition on MFC, models can still say nice things. It is distracting though when you get that jealous model trying to distract the one I'm watching. I've actually seen full girl drama go on in a chat room before because one model was trying to steal another models premiums. But if everyone is nice to each other, I don't see where the distraction is. I'm watching the model I am watching because she has what I want. A model jumping in on the conversation isn't going to take away my attention from the beauty in front of me.

I've had a no-no model interaction with a girl who probably had good intentions so I thought I'd leave it here. It was shortly after tweeting and posting here that I was letting models in my room during the contest so I assume she came from here.

For one, she came in as a guest and said she was a model but talked a bit and then left before she said who she was, even when I asked who she was. That kind of puts me in an awkward position with not knowing how to respond. I was nice but I would have rather known who she was for sure so that I could be 100% certain that I wasn't just doing free roleplay with someone (yes, people do try that). She also congratulated me on my camscore and mentioned that she it used to be xxx. Which I'll assume was her being nice and just curious but it did make me feel uncomfortable. I don't think it's ever someone's business to bring up someone else's camscore because as much as we wish it wasn't, it is a sensitive topic and not one we all want discussed while we are trying to be sexy.

I know some of the people who really want to interact with other models are the very people who can't afford a premium membership. A perfect solution is to make a basic account for now and then tweet at the model whose room your are in that you are there and you are so and so.

I super appreciate having this thread. I've probably accidentally stepped on some toes already, because my premium name and model name are pretty much the same. However, my premium profile mentions that for fun I like to look at the lovely ladies of MFC and tip them, because my intention is to show that I support the work that others are doing, and believe that their time is valuable.
I think overall it's a good thing for members to see women encouraging each other; The Lounge gets downright disgusting, so it's my effort to put out sex/body-positive vibes.

So if you see me around, just know that I'm not PMing the people in your room. In fact, I'm more likely to promote another model on my time, like, "Oh, you know who does a great _____, is This Person." :p

I do believe that if I'm in a model's room, that it's her stage, and that's what I'm there for.
I'll definitely take into more consideration that for some models, just knowing a female is in their room is distracting, though. I hadn't thought of that before.

I love perving other models, I abide by the "treat others how you want to be treated" motto.
Generally just talking, making jokes, blending in, and tipping.
I've accidentally bought a video from a model once because I didn't realize she was giving them to all new tippers and I hadn't specified I was a model. :woops:
I haven't watched it yet, and it sits stale in my MFC mailbox because I feel like I shouldn't have it.

But I just like to wander in and enjoy the beautiful ladies and try to show them some love.

Edit: I like the post above me. That a "model's room is her stage." So accurate! I'm just sitting in perv row with my popcorn waiting to make it rain. :happy1:

katza_ said:
I love perving other models, I abide by the "treat others how you want to be treated" motto.
Generally just talking, making jokes, blending in, and tipping.
I've accidentally bought a video from a model once because I didn't realize she was giving them to all new tippers and I hadn't specified I was a model. :woops:
I haven't watched it yet, and it sits stale in my MFC mailbox because I feel like I shouldn't have it.

But I just like to wander in and enjoy the beautiful ladies and try to show them some love.

Edit: I like the post above me. That a "model's room is her stage." So accurate! I'm just sitting in perv row with my popcorn waiting to make it rain. :happy1:
Why would watching the video be against some code or something? You 'bought' it just like anyone else could have at the time. Doesn't seem like there should be any problem.

I have pretty much the same guidelines for models and members in my room:

Don't beg
Don't flame
Don't advertise
No explicit sex talk
Be excellent to each other

That's it. I've had both models and members try variations of all of the above and it's always off-putting. One time I even had a guy repeatedly plug his Youtube channel! It was very unusual.. I would never visit a model's room with the intention of getting attention. If I'm in a camroom, for all intents and purposes I am just another guy trying to support a great model!

One time a model was in my chat room along with maybe 4 other people.
She types, "come on guys, follow me, this is boring".
No one followed her (at least that I noticed). It was quite amusing.

Reactions: JerryBoBerry
Megin_Mystery said:
I've never seen that work. In fact it usually just annoys people to the point of either telling her off or just putting her on ignore. I don't understand why they even try that.

JerryBoBerry said:
Megin_Mystery said:
I've never seen that work. In fact it usually just annoys people to the point of either telling her off or just putting her on ignore. I don't understand why they even try that.

Jerry, a certain ex-regular high tipper actually visited and tipped quite a bit to that Maya19fun (the one who couldn't be banned) or whatever her name was. So it does work occasionally. And the model definitely had her actions pay off, so it probably only reinforced her "I will get money if I poach in other girls' rooms" thoughts.

I_Am_Iris said:
JerryBoBerry said:
Megin_Mystery said:

Jerry, a certain ex-regular high tipper actually visited and tipped quite a bit to that Maya19fun (the one who couldn't be banned) or whatever her name was. So it does work occasionally. And the model definitely had her actions pay off, so it probably only reinforced her "I will get money if I poach in other girls' rooms" thoughts.

There was a girl who came in my room once and PM'd a bunch of regulars, SUPER politely, like "Hey, I know this is rude of me but my room is sort of empty. Would you like to come hang out?" I PM'd her later after checking her out (she had like a 3 or 4k CS) and just said "Hey, it's really rude to come in another models room and try to get her regs to visit you while she's on cam." She just responded "Bitch, it works for me. How do you think I got this camscore?" and then banned me. So clearly it actually works on a good number of guys.

SexyStephXS said:
There was a girl who came in my room once and PM'd a bunch of regulars, SUPER politely, like "Hey, I know this is rude of me but my room is sort of empty. Would you like to come hang out?" I PM'd her later after checking her out (she had like a 3 or 4k CS) and just said "Hey, it's really rude to come in another models room and try to get her regs to visit you while she's on cam." She just responded "Bitch, it works for me. How do you think I got this camscore?" and then banned me. So clearly it actually works on a good number of guys.

Ouch talk about rubbing salt in wound, and then adding alcohol. :shock: I guess all is fair in love, and war, and since MFC is bit of both, camming.

We actually had quite a nice chat with a fellow naked.com model on our second or third night on cam. She tipped, and got other users to tip enough to start our show. She also PM'ed me with a few tips and tricks that work for her. She was really nice and respectful, though I was a little sad that she left right after our tip show started: I would have *loved* some feedback on our actual show since we're new to this. :)

So, so far it's been as I would expect and appreciate: be polite, don't ask people in my room to come to yours, no negativity, and participation welcome!

Generally I don't mind if a model comes into my room to say hello and/or participate, but more often than not I get models who come in and message the members I have in my room trying to get them into their room.

Ouch talk about rubbing salt in wound, and then adding alcohol. :shock: I guess all is fair in love, and war, and since MFC is bit of both, camming.
I can't believe some models use this as a strategy. :( Its sad. That's like going to a concert and taking the crowds attention from the band. Its super rude.

Omgsh, I would be so sad if another model was doing that in my room.

I have a perv name, completely separate from my cam name. I have model friends, one I am super close with, She comes in my room with her members even on her night off. But I also like to return the favor and spend some time and tokens in her room under my perv name. She always tells people my model name but even if she didn't its totally cool because it's not my room nor am I doing it for advertising. I do it because were friends! Buttttt I don't go perv very often and when I do, I typically go with tokens, and don't say I am a model, and If I do I do it in a pvt message, sometimes I just wanna see some see some titties and spread the token love!

Reactions: AlyssaMuze
Bumping because this thread has a lot of good info and advice in it!

Reactions: AlyssaMuze and Gen
When I was on webcammodels chat I used to enter other girls rooms all the time while streaming. I'm bisexual/prefer girls irl so I did it to keep myself in a vibe for those guys. I suppose it's weird. There was that one girl I really liked. She thought I was creepy though :D

I just shared this link in response to this tweet:

Reactions: Gen
Status
Not open for further replies.