AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Model logged in, but cam is not on: is cam score affected?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 5, 2012
profiles.myfreecams.com
So, I have understood that tokens divided by time spent online is the most important factor determining the cam score. However, what I don't understand is what counts toward time in this formula: the time that a model's cam is on, or the time she is logged in? I am asking because I see some of my friend models logged in for hours straight with their cam off, and I am wondering if it is advisable to log out to protect the cam score?

Re: Model logged in, but cam is not on: is cam score affecte

GingerOwnsChris said:
So, I have understood that tokens divided by time spent online is the most important factor determining the cam score. However, what I don't understand is what counts toward time in this formula: the time that a model's cam is on, or the time she is logged in? I am asking because I see some of my friend models logged in for hours straight with their cam off, and I am wondering if it is advisable to log out to protect the cam score?

Yes, being logged on, even with your cam off, still affects cam score. A lot of newer models aren't aware of that, and tend to be logged into their model account while perusing the homepage. Its a big reason why some models camscore will tank so fast in the beginning.

AnaVictoriaXO said:
Yes, being logged on, even with your cam off, still affects cam score. A lot of newer models aren't aware of that, and tend to be logged into their model account while perusing the homepage. Its a big reason why some models camscore will tank so fast in the beginning.

I could be wrong but as far as I know only being logged into the web broadcaster or the software will lower your score.

I have a model friend who stays logged in for hours and hours at a time on the homepage under her model name and chats and pervs under it and it hasn't bothered her score at all.

Reactions: SexySteph

I've been logged into the broadcaster with my cam turned OFF (not in 'away' mode, but completely offline camera) and not seen any change in my camscore. When you hit "close chatroom" on the broadcaster, it puts you offline even though you can still PM.

It does sound counter-intuitive that MFC would penalise a model for just logging in. I would have thought they encouraged models to chat to their regulars by PM whilst not on cam etc. It develops relationships, encourages regulars to return, and hence generates more income for MFC.

That is what I always assumed anyway.

Reactions: AliceDoe

NoelleBright said:
AnaVictoriaXO said:

I could be wrong but as far as I know only being logged into the web broadcaster or the software will lower your score.

I have a model friend who stays logged in for hours and hours at a time on the homepage under her model name and chats and pervs under it and it hasn't bothered her score at all.

Whaaaat? Seriously? lol. I thought it was a long known thing that if you were logged into the software without turning your cam on it still affected score? Where the hell have I been?

Thats good to know because Ive always logged off in a rush after turning my cam off, damnit Ana! :lol:

AnaVictoriaXO said:
NoelleBright said:
AnaVictoriaXO said:

Whaaaat? Seriously? lol. I thought it was a long known thing that if you were logged into the software without turning your cam on it still affected score? Where the hell have I been?

Thats good to know because Ive always logged off in a rush after turning my cam off, damnit Ana! :lol:
Perhaps there is a difference between being logged in to the software and logged in to the browser? It seems like there might be

I heard way back that it did cause camscore to go down, then at the same time I've seen models that sit online but not on cam literally ALL day, and their camscore doesn't seem to go down - and it was high enough that it would drop sharply if she was on for 10 hours with no tips.

It seems like one of the things MFC would "fix" but just not bother to tell anyone.

AnaVictoriaXO said:
GingerOwnsChris said:

shit...I was online, but my cam was off for a couple hours today...I just fucked up..

Evvie said:
AnaVictoriaXO said:
NoelleBright said:
AnaVictoriaXO said:

Perhaps there is a difference between being logged in to the software and logged in to the browser? It seems like there might be
Yes. The new model broadcaster does not affect CS. If you are on the old software, it does. Most girls use the old software at first, not knowing about the new one, I think.

I've only had my cs lower if I was logged into the homepage/using old software.

I don't know about the old software, but if you are logged into the homepage is most definitely does NOT effect your score. Since I started camming I have spent an enormous amount of time logged onto the homepage and it hasn't ever effected my score one bit. If it did then I'd have a very very low camscore. I've been hanging out on the broadcaster more recently while not broadcasting and it has never effected my camscore either, so I don't believe that changes it.

The only things that effect your camscore are if you're ranked as away, in group, in private or in public chat. That is why for models you can see the amount of time you've done those things, as those things are recorded.

Status
Not open for further replies.