AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Cannot log into my account

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 9, 2023
I cannot log into my account on stripchat. For the first time in 5 years I have been a member I am being asked for 2 factor autentication. When I enter the code generated by google authenticator and click "continue" nothing happens. The I get an email from stripchat saying "security alert" telling me they see a suspicious attempt to log into my account from a different device or location and that 2 factor authentification is require.. When I enter the code nothing happens. I have sent numerous emails to support with no avail. I can log into my account on my phone with no issues but for some reason suddenly today it is not allowing me to log in on my computer. Nothing has changed. Same device, same location etc. What is the problem?

I cannot log into my account on stripchat. For the first time in 5 years I have been a member I am being asked for 2 factor autentication. When I enter the code generated by google authenticator and click "continue" nothing happens. The I get an email from stripchat saying "security alert" telling me they see a suspicious attempt to log into my account from a different device or location and that 2 factor authentification is require.. When I enter the code nothing happens. I have sent numerous emails to support with no avail. I can log into my account on my phone with no issues but for some reason suddenly today it is not allowing me to log in on my computer. Nothing has changed. Same device, same location etc. What is the problem?
This has been resolved. 14 hours ... thanks

Upvote 0
Would you mind telling us, what the problem was? I had a similar problem on cb about 2 month ago. It was resolved by support, but I never really found out, what the problem was…….
I never found out what the exact problem was myself. It took several messages, a photo of my ID and card I use to purchase tokens to verify my identity, and they disabled 2 factor authentification on my account so I could log in. It was strange because in the 5 years I have been a member I have never been asked for 2 factor authentification.

• Helpful!
Reactions: ElGato
Upvote 0
I never found out what the exact problem was myself. It took several messages, a photo of my ID and card I use to purchase tokens to verify my identity, and they disabled 2 factor authentification on my account so I could log in. It was strange because in the 5 years I have been a member I have never been asked for 2 factor authentification.
That is excactly what happended to me on cb. I also had to prove my identity, although I had 2FA installed. I guess they assumed my account to be hacked

Upvote 0
That is excactly what happended to me on cb. I also had to prove my identity, although I had 2FA installed. I guess they assumed my account to be hacked
I appreciate the diligence of verifying my identity because my card info is stored on the site and I also have a token balance. They need to be sure it is not someone "acting" as you and attempting to hack your account. It was a process but worth it.

Edit: After the whole process what I think might have been the issue is a corrupt cookie that stores the 2 factor info in my browser. They have a checkbox you can check that says "do not ask again on this device" and if you check it my guess is that info is stored in a cookie.

Upvote 0
If anyone else has 2FA issues, please do not hesitate to reach out to me or our Support team for assistance.

Your account security is a huge priority for us.
We highly recommend that everyone enables two-factor authentication (2FA for short)
which is a login process that requires two steps to verify your identity.

Keep your accounts safe and secure!

More info in our FAQs:

How to contact the Stripchat Support team:

Reactions: Agi
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.