AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Model losing home

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

heart42

Banhammered
Mar 21, 2010
Twitter Username
@41dog
MFC Username
Serenity48
Hey Guys
We have a model that needs our help. Chandal Love who's a fairly new model ON mfc lost everything in a house fire. I hope you guys can give what you can. If you have any questions please go to Chandal Love's profile.

What NaughtyAmber said + I call bullshit.

Indigoxox said:
Frankie said:
What NaughtyAmber said + I call bullshit.

Yeah I call bullshit too. Maybe she is telling the truth, who knows. But the fact that she's new to MFC alone makes it sound suss.

The fact that instead of collecting insurance or doing something even a hardcore "been-at-this-a-few-years" cam whore would do she's trying to cam for the money to recoup her losses. o_O

*Note: if my house burned down I would scramble to get my life back together. No offense to anyone here, but it would not include being on cam asking for pity tips.

*sigh* I have lost a home. Everything Gone. I was living in my car, while going to school full time. I was also jobless at the time, but thankfully I got a job the day after the house fire. I understand the gravity of house fires, and even though I had insurance, I'm still trying to get back on my feet nearly 3 years later. I'm also not the type that uses something like that to get sympathy. The situation sucked, royally- but I knew that I was strong enough to get out of it. And, it has made me stronger. I can say that nothing that happens to me from here on out will be as hard as taking 20 units, living in a car, with no money.

BUT, while the situation sucks, and you are looking out for this girl, I don't think this is appropriate. If you would really like to help this girl, I encourage you to help her anyway you can, other than spamming another model's forums- especially in the general discussion area.

Edit: And yes, I call BS too.

I'm not sure which is more sad:

the fact that pretty much everyone who has responded is figuring this is a scam...

or the fact that even I am wary that it might be.

I want to believe that it's a lie because I hate the thought that she really is... but I also like to think the best of people, and I hate the thought of someone lying about that to make money, which makes me hope she isn't one of those.

I've seen all sorts of attempts for pity tips and donations. One of the best was the girl camming from a hospital bed, said she got hit by a car and her hip was broken. :whistle:

From her profile http://profiles.myfreecams.com/ChandalLove in the comments section:

Posted by heart42: June 12, 2010
I'm so sorry Chandal I'll see if I can talk to a few friends to see if they can help

Posted by ChandalLove: June 08, 2010
Hey Guys! I need your help please!! I recently lost my home and all of my belongings to a devastating house fire...So I can definitely use all of the tips that I can get! So please help me out if you can and pass the word!

BTW, WTF is up with all the tears for tips lately?!? Seems to be a somewhat regular occurance that at least one model is sobbing because she's not getting tips.

It says right within the model rules for MFC that girls are not allowed to advertise their "oh woe is me" stories to get tokens or money. I feel sorry for her if that's the truth, but it's not OK to use that for profit on MFC.

AmberCutie said:
It says right within the model rules for MFC that girls are not allowed to advertise their "oh woe is me" stories to get tokens or money. I feel sorry for her if that's the truth, but it's not OK to use that for profit on MFC.

since when has something being against the rules stopped a model from doing it?

and my take is that it's sad if true, but I agree with Frankie, you'd think that trying to get back on cam would not be the first thought to go through her head if it was true.

AmberCutie said:

Most of the models I've seen don't really seem to care about the rules. It really is a shame they don't enforce them more often.

pyrite1965 said:
AmberCutie said:

Most of the models I've seen don't really seem to care about the rules. It really is a shame they don't enforce them more often.

Seconded.

There's a better chance of me winning the damn lottery than there is of MFC actually enforcing some of their rules.

LadyLuna said:

the fact that pretty much everyone who has responded is figuring this is a scam...

I want to believe that it's a lie because I hate the thought that she really is... but I also like to think the best of people, and I hate the thought of someone lying about that to make money, which makes me hope she isn't one of those.

I go with this line of thought, completely.

But Heart42 shouldnt be hijacking another models forum, that is very bad form indeed. Its not being nice it is being clueless in the ways of the world......I am sorry to say.

LadyLuna said:

I second (or I guess third) all of this.

I also believe that if you really did just lose your house in a fire... you probably wouldn't have internet access. Is she actually appearing online? I guess if it's her only form of income then it might make sense if she quickly found somewhere else to cam temporarily (like a friend's place). But she's a new model.

Le sigh.

I'm certainly not saying that MFC would be on top of catching and banning her for it, just that it's obviously something that enough girls have tried to the point that it's even written into the rules.

I always try to avoid the pity tokens. Last month, for example, I had a ton of RL crap going on, and while it's usually very "me" to just share all my RL stories and happenings with my MFC friends, I purposely avoided discussing my drama to avoid any pity or sympathy. Sure I have my emotional moments, but I try to keep things positive overall.

It'd be really sad if she was lying...thats messed up. But even sadder if she's telling the truth and no one is believing her. I guess thats one of the things we'll never know.

But girls giving their pity party stories to get tokens...like thats what ChipIn.com and shit is for. If you lost your house, set up a ChipIn account for those who want to help you out (the original poster should suggest this to the girl but ONLY if she's somewhat proven her house is gone)...but once you log onto mfc and turn on your webcam, its your JOB to entertain the men of the world. Not cry and sniffle. I've got my shit too, shit that makes me cry all the time, BUT WHEN THE WEBCAM IS OFF. LOL. Guys come to MFC for an escape from their own lives, or to relax after a long day...last thing they need is more dramaz thrown on them!

SpexyAshleigh said:
...but once you log onto mfc and turn on your webcam, its your JOB to entertain the men of the world. Not cry and sniffle. I've got my shit too, shit that makes me cry all the time, BUT WHEN THE WEBCAM IS OFF. LOL. Guys come to MFC for an escape from their own lives, or to relax after a long day...last thing they need is more dramaz thrown on them!

:clap:

Frankie said:
SpexyAshleigh said:
...but once you log onto mfc and turn on your webcam, its your JOB to entertain the men of the world. Not cry and sniffle. I've got my shit too, shit that makes me cry all the time, BUT WHEN THE WEBCAM IS OFF. LOL. Guys come to MFC for an escape from their own lives, or to relax after a long day...last thing they need is more dramaz thrown on them!

Well put. I totally agree with this.

SpexyAshleigh said:
It'd be really sad if she was lying...thats messed up. But even sadder if she's telling the truth and no one is believing her. I guess thats one of the things we'll never know.

But girls giving their pity party stories to get tokens...like thats what ChipIn.com and shit is for. If you lost your house, set up a ChipIn account for those who want to help you out (the original poster should suggest this to the girl but ONLY if she's somewhat proven her house is gone)...but once you log onto mfc and turn on your webcam, its your JOB to entertain the men of the world. Not cry and sniffle. I've got my shit too, shit that makes me cry all the time, BUT WHEN THE WEBCAM IS OFF. LOL. Guys come to MFC for an escape from their own lives, or to relax after a long day...last thing they need is more dramaz thrown on them!

I totally agree with this. Now, with that said, there's nothing wrong with being real once in a while. Not for pity tokens, but because the model just needs to vent. But there's a point where that can cross a line, and this model claiming to have lost her home crosses it.

Status
Not open for further replies.