AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Model meltdowns

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 15, 2012
**Disclaimer: I am NOT starting this thread to bash on, or mock any models. I am simply wanting to hear stories. Anyone sharing a story in a mocking fashion will be sacked.**

Ok, so have you ever witnessed a model on cam have a meltdown?

I witnessed one tonight, it was possibly an act so I'm not sure, but it at least looked genuine.

Basically the girl had been drinking all night, was super intoxicated, passed out on cam briefly a few times, and somehow injured her left wrist and covered it with duct tape. Then just before she logged off she was on the phone in tears and not making much sense.

Quite some time back, I was in a model's room and she was acting... erratic. Speaking very fast, every random thought in her head came flying out of her mouth, and she proclaimed to have stopped taking her prescribed meds which she takes for some kind of mental instability. As the night went on she began acting more crazy and the night ended with her screaming at people in her chat before logging off in a flurry of foul words.

Both of these could have possibly been acts, who knows. But I can't imagine the upside to either scenario as neither were raking in the tips.

SO! Please share any stories you have.

NO MOCKING ALLOWED

Kunra9 said:
**Disclaimer: I am NOT starting this thread to bash on, or mock any models. I am simply wanting to hear stories. Anyone sharing a story in a mocking fashion will be sacked.**

Ok, so have you ever witnessed a model on cam have a meltdown?

I witnessed one tonight, it was possibly an act so I'm not sure, but it at least looked genuine.

Basically the girl had been drinking all night, was super intoxicated, passed out on cam briefly a few times, and somehow injured her left wrist and covered it with duct tape. Then just before she logged off she was on the phone in tears and not making much sense.

Quite some time back, I was in a model's room and she was acting... erratic. Speaking very fast, every random thought in her head came flying out of her mouth, and she proclaimed to have stopped taking her prescribed meds which she takes for some kind of mental instability. As the night went on she began acting more crazy and the night ended with her screaming at people in her chat before logging off in a flurry of foul words.

Both of these could have possibly been acts, who knows. But I can't imagine the upside to either scenario as neither were raking in the tips.

SO! Please share any stories you have.

NO MOCKING ALLOWED

But look at all these other threads we have about annoying/WTF things that models do.....

What is the most annoying thing a model can do?
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=11933&start=390

Things models say that make you go WTF:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=919&start=2220

Things models say that make you go lol:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=12327

I like you, Kunra, but good luck getting people to respond appropriately to this thread without putting models on blast.

A lot of models do dumb stuff at least once in their career and of course the room count jumps when this happens. A good portion of us are very...real on cam. So shit like this is bound to happen. I myself have had at least one really bad night where I just exploded on cam at a bunch of people, but at least had the sense to log off before drunk dialing EVERYONE I'm friends with and complaining/crying. I did not have the sense to log off before making a frozen pizza in my kitchen without pants on and nomming unashamed while yelling at people.

It happens. Each time it's almost the same just to different degrees. I would hope I had people laughing at the very least even though at the time I was epically pissed off.

edit: I should say this has only happened once to me personally. I think some girls do things to excess probably because they can't deal with the job/the people/how slow times can be. That doesn't mean you should think less of them: try to consider how well you would be able to keep shit together in the same situation.

I think most camgirls have been pushed to meltdown level emotions at least once in their career, probably even more than that for a lot of us. It's all about how you let it out, I suppose.
I feel like exploding on your room might actually feel pretty therapeutic, while probably not the wisest or most attractive decision.

I know my thought process when I reach that point is "I am so fucking mad that I'm gonna...LEAVE WITHOUT SAYING BYE! AND IM GONNA CLICK THE BUTTON SO FUCKING HARD!!! :angry4: "
And then I stew in my own juices for a few hours.

FrankieChemical said:
I did not have the sense to log off before making a frozen pizza in my kitchen without pants on and nomming unashamed while yelling at people.
You're my favorite ever. Can we get married? I cook like a BOSS.

I feel that many women become very comfortable on camera after a while.

Like a boyfriend, first you start off all lady-like and polite, withholding your flatulence and stories about the restraining orders held against you. But as time goes on, you begin to feel more comfortable around him and entitled to the attention and gifts he generously gives you, eventually culminating in doing a bunch of coke or getting super drunk and revealing a shocking but saddening display of human fear and anger.

Or so may be the case for some models.

I am aware of some women who regularly break down and/or attack their rooms; almost every woman I could envision being angry and logging off in a huff or giving their room a scolding.

I feel that the camming environment very strongly pressures women to present a 'perfect' picture of themselves, and regardless of how often men say they want to see the 'real' you, they would be upset if a woman ever dared to do so - combine that with the innate openness of camland, some alcohol, and a hard day at home, a model may well be tempted to give decency the middle finger and give everyone what they say they want, a 'genuine' experience with a hot woman at home who's just being herself.

Models are human beings, ya know? Now it's easy to sit from afar and judge models, but I would ask myself this one thing, next time I'm having a laugh on someone else's expense/ grief, how would I act/ react in her place (even though sometimes it would seem a model goes bonkers for no reason, you never known what kind stupid shite she gets in PM)?

PS: I've never had a rant/ breakdown on cam, even though I like having more then one drink on cam, but gawdamnit I felt the need to burst into shouts & tears more then once, yet it doesn't have anything to do with alcohol intoxication, more likely people being cunts.

(end rant)

Evvie said:
I feel that many women become very comfortable on camera after a while.

Like a boyfriend, first you start off all lady-like and polite, withholding your flatulence and stories about the restraining orders held against you. But as time goes on, you begin to feel more comfortable around him and entitled to the attention and gifts he generously gives you, eventually culminating in doing a bunch of coke or getting super drunk and revealing a shocking but saddening display of human fear and anger.

Or so may be the case for some models.

I am aware of some women who regularly break down and/or attack their rooms; almost every woman I could envision being angry and logging off in a huff or giving their room a scolding.

I feel that the camming environment very strongly pressures women to present a 'perfect' picture of themselves, and regardless of how often men say they want to see the 'real' you, they would be upset if a woman ever dared to do so - combine that with the innate openness of camland, some alcohol, and a hard day at home, a model may well be tempted to give decency the middle finger and give everyone what they say they want, a 'genuine' experience with a hot woman at home who's just being herself.

I want to take you home, open a bottle of wine, and pick your brain while you talk. I LOVE YOUR BRAIN AND YOUR WORDS!

Another thing to keep in mind is we don't get to take time off just because we have shit going on in our lifes. I think a lot of guys take it for granted that we put ourselves out there in a very public way on a regular basis regardless of what's happening. When I got super depressed last year and needed to get on medication/therapy, I'm sure tons of guys saw my "bad side" that I couldn't really control because I was too emotional. To them, yeah, I was a drunk chick on cam flipping out and throwing the camera and crying and scribbling eyeliner all over my face and calling it "therapy". Wo-ho! What a crazy chick! Popcorn! To me, I was a human being going through some really rough/dark times in my life and trying to cope with it and maintain my career (albeit poorly).

It makes me uncomfortable to use these moments as entertainment fodder. CAN it be entertaining to watch somebody have a meltdown? Sure; there are TONS of crazy-girl movies that are 100% meltdown moments. But it's also kind of sick.

I don't think it's fair or even remotely nice to get your entertainment pleasure from someone else's pain or misery or mental instability. Camgirl or not, nobody likes to have the spotlight on them when they feel weak or vulnerable. I have intense anxiety issues, and as such that leads me to log off without warning the moment I feel my smile start to slip, because I know if I can't even keep up the act of being happy, then it's just going to get worse. Now, others may be better and bringing it back around or turning it in their favor, and can get away with staying on after a few (or more) minor annoyance, but I can't.

Maybe it's because I never got a kick out of watching Jerry Springer, or maybe it's because I had a sibling who would have public meltdowns and cause us to be in the center of attention for very painful reasons, but as entertaining as schadenfreude may be, it carries with it a bullying mentality of "Oh, you're suffering, and it's fun to watch, here everyone, look at this person suffer!"

Not cool

Kunra, you say no mocking but this thread reminds me of those nasty tabloid papers that I see while in line at the grocery store. The truth is we don't know why a particular model may be having a meltdown and who's to say that whatever made her "meltdown" would be something you would and/or could handle better? :twocents-02cents:

Like I said, I didn't start this to mock. I didn't start it to judge either. I wanted to hear stories. I wasn't going to try to explain them, or figure out the specific cause. I'm a guy who can't imagine half the stuff a model has to deal with on a daily basis, and the other half is probably too scary to even dare to explore. It's really not my business, or concern. The stressful side of a model's job is WELL documented on this forum. The stress of a person's personal life is well documented every day in front of our faces.

This thread wasn't about the "why" or having a laugh. Or getting my rocks off on some sadistic entertainment.

I wanted to read some interesting stories.

Yes, that is a form of entertainment.

I almost feel like this fits into the whole "can't look away from a car accident" thing. We've all driven past a scene of a car accident at least once in our lives. And even though we know there is a chance something truly terrible happened, we rubberneck to catch every detail.
**Disclaimer #2: This is NOT me saying a cam model's life is a car accident**
It's just a situational comparison of how I would look at a car accident the same as I would look at a cam model breakdown.

Anyway, if you all feel I am wrong for starting this thread, fair enough. I can't make you share stories :)

ScarlettLeigh said:
So first you make it sound like you're compassionate toward what models go through then you state that it's entertainment. Dude.

Interesting stories are a form of entertainment is what I said.

There was one day a couple years ago that a mid to low camscore girl was having an emotional breakdown. Sobbing. "I don't know why I can't make money on here. I obviously am not good at this, why won't you tip me, why do the other girls make a lot and I don't."

That was back in the day where I actually tried to reach out and help people and before I realized that giving unsolicited advice was just a dead end. Needless to say, my telling her that she should log off and compose herself and come back another day wasn't received well, and I did tell her (via PM of course) that I was a successful model on teh site and even I had days that I felt that way. She just continued to whine and cry. I decided that was just her shtick and left it alone. But she was feeding off of what I call the "trainwreck factor".

Watching a model completely blow her fuse at a troll or something pissing her off in her room that makes steam come out of her ears is also something that catches my attention. Regardless of how upset people are at hearing this, seeing someone at any state of extreme emotion is entertaining. It piques our curiosity, and we can't look away.

I watched the girl that Kunra is referring too who was (allegedly) extremely drunk and acting out last night. I really couldn't tell if it was an act or if she was really having an episode of the crazies. Though it made me a little uncomfortable, I still stuck around for a few minutes just to try and figure out what was happening. I still don't know.

Kunra9 said:
ScarlettLeigh said:
So first you make it sound like you're compassionate toward what models go through then you state that it's entertainment. Dude.

Interesting stories are a form of entertainment is what I said.
But you're still asking for stories of women going through emotional pain, upset, and humiliation for entertainment.

AmberCutie said:
I watched the girl that Kunra is referring too who was (allegedly) extremely drunk and acting out last night. I really couldn't tell if it was an act or if she was really having an episode of the crazies. Though it made me a little uncomfortable, I still stuck around for a few minutes just to try and figure out what was happening. I still don't know.

Yes exactly. The chat room was out of control and some people were saying some absolutely horrible things.
I had another member that knows me a bit notice me in the room and PM me, the exact quote he sent me was "What is this trainwreck I am watching?"

And my response was "I don't know, but I want to see what happens next"

Um yeeeah...
I've had a couple of close calls on cam and have been fortunate enough to keep my composure until I've logged off; but if I had lost it and then came onto ACF and saw people swapping stories it would probably upset me. Just sayin' Kunra :twocents-02cents:

ItsVeeXxx said:
Um yeeeah...
I've had a couple of close calls on cam and have been fortunate enough to keep my composure until I've logged off; but if I had lost it and then came onto ACF and saw people swapping stories it would probably upset me. Just sayin' Kunra :twocents-02cents:

I want to make babies with you.

Kunra9 said:
ItsVeeXxx said:
Um yeeeah...

Wtf?

Kunra9 said:
ItsVeeXxx said:
Um yeeeah...

I'm sure you do lol. But I am currently not in the baby making business :lol:

Reactions: Kunra9
Evvie said:
Kunra9 said:
ItsVeeXxx said:
Um yeeeah...

Wtf?

Sorry, I went slightly off topic there. But I have a huge crush on Vee. So I tend to take every opportunity to tell her that I want her to be the mother of my children.

Kunra9 said:
Evvie said:
Kunra9 said:
ItsVeeXxx said:
Um yeeeah...

Wtf?

Sorry, I went slightly off topic there. But I have a huge crush on Vee. So I tend to take every opportunity to tell her that I want her to be the mother of my children.
I'm not entirely sure but this may be the first I hear of this ? haha

Status
Not open for further replies.