AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Model Rants at Hapless Member

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 19, 2010
Models and Guys, what do you think of the following true story?

1. A premium member visits the profile of a favorite model where he reads words like these: "Rules are dumb... I would never tell you as a rule to not fall in love with me. Go ahead, let's ALL fall madly in cyber-love"

2. Falling partially in love, perhaps, he continues visiting, spending significantly on her, and contributing many positive comments to her chat.

3. At one point, they actually meet in person (she is local). At this time, he lends her a valuable piece of equipment she had asked to borrow.

4. One night, a week or so later, in her chat room, she announces that she is basically broke and was spending her last $4 on a hotdog.

5. He sends her a $50 giftcard for a nice grocery store.

6. The very next morning, she tweets pictures of herself having breakfast in bed at a luxury hotel and brags that she is having rough sex with an ex-boyfriend.

7. Guy doesn't know what the hell to think. He tweets her saying "Excuse me, I don't mean to be rude, but I didn't feel good about your last tweet."

8. Girl explodes, ranting venomously at him and blocking him from twitter.

Granted the guy is a somewhat hapless schmuck who should know better than to fall for somebody he doesn't really know. But would you agree that the girl's behavior is slightly appalling?

Maybe he paid for the hotel? You don't know the whole story.

Notice she said CYBER love with her. She's not looking for anything other than make believe with someone on the internet. ANnnnnnd buying a giftcard is not like a promise ring, she's not going to decide not to have real sex with someone just because one guy gave her a giftcard online...

It doesn't sound like she asked the member to send the gift card, it sounds like he decided to do that on his own. Like Lacie said, the boyfriend may have paid for the hotel, she may have come into some unexpected money, etc. Unless she was specifically asking people to send her donations for food, I don't think she was being deceptive.

Even if she was, though...purchasing a gift card does not give the right to control her private sex life.

How do you it went down exactly like this? Did you talk to both the model and premium?

When and if you did ask them, did they tell you to mind your buisness? :lol:

If the premium really does have a problem with how she chooses to live her life, he'll stop supporting her.

The model did nothing wrong. I luv my favorite model, but our relationship is at the friend level and my goal is to enjoy that. You have to know that there are limits to what you can have, and there are going to be some things that are just not possible. Be happy she is off having rough sex and go perv on a different model until she is done.

This sounds like one of those "a friend of mine.." stories

1. A premium member visits the profile of a favorite model where he reads words like these: "Rules are dumb... I would never tell you as a rule to not fall in love with me. Go ahead, let's ALL fall madly in cyber-love"
IF you were told to jump off a cliff would you?!?
2. Falling partially in love, perhaps, he continues visiting, spending significantly on her, and contributing many positive comments to her chat.
This is the only "Normal" interaction in the post! Bravo!
3. At one point, they actually meet in person (she is local). At this time, he lends her a valuable piece of equipment she had asked to borrow.
The mind boggles?! Lawnmower?!
4. One night, a week or so later, in her chat room, she announces that she is basically broke and was spending her last $4 on a hotdog.

6. The very next morning, she tweets pictures of herself having breakfast in bed at a luxury hotel and brags that she is having rough sex with an ex-boyfriend.
Chirpy!
7. Guy doesn't know what the hell to think. He tweets her saying "Excuse me, I don't mean to be rude, but I didn't feel good about your last tweet."
I think that the "guy" should have realized he got played and played big time here
You got played, shame on her, and shame on you if you get fooled again like this, take it as a lesson learned

Seems like a biot of a classic scam to me! the old sob story, albiet I have not seen the hotdog angle before! Take it as a valuable lesson learned!

Yes, and after all, she did say in her profile, "let's ALL fall madly in cyber love."

All and Cyber are the key words here. First, All: "I may love you but I'll love everyone else too." Reminds me of an old joke: "Will Rogers said, 'I never met a man I didn't like.' Well, I don't find that a virtue, I had a WIFE who 'never met a man she...' :)

Second: Cyber: her love for you, hapless warrior, is limited to online. :)

sweetiebatman said:
Seems like a biot of a classic scam to me! the old sob story, albiet I have not seen the hotdog angle before! Take it as a valuable lesson learned!

What's the scam here? Did she ask for the gift card or not deliver something that was promised in exchange for it? I feel like I must be missing something about this story, cause it sounds like a member gave the card as a gift, and I don't see how that could be considered a scam. Maybe the OP can shed some light on that part of the story?

Maybe its just me, maybe its just the way its wrote and in "real time" it was probably completely different, Scam was probably a little too strong of a word

The "hotdog" line didn't sit too well for me though :lol:

It almost sounds like the member actually has feelings for this model, maybe he was more pissed off by the ex-boyfriend comment wishing it was him at the hotel.

But then since we don’t know the whole truth behind the story (and doubt we ever will) it’s all hearsay.

Makes for good gossip tho.
:twocents-02cents:

babe_ruth said:
Models and Guys, what do you think of the following true story?

It sounds like this member completely misunderstood the model.

She did not say, "Also, everyone, I'm actually using MFC as kind of a dating service... so don't be shy! You could be my future boyfriend!"

She did not say, "I want to make it clear right now that yes, I do use MFC to find romance because in real life I'm failing at that level."

She did not say, "Hey, *you*. Yes you, sexy gentleman. Looking for a girlfriend? A sugar baby? A lover? Spend enough time and tokens on me and you can have this fine body whenever you want!"

She said, "lol yeah, I can't control men so whatevs, if you and every other man want to get attached to me, can't really stop ya."

To me this sounds like a marketing ploy (yes, everything a model puts on her profile is a "ploy" at some level, to display her personality and attract customers) that was unfortunately taken as a literal, "You might be my boyfriend someday" statement.

At this point, it sounds like the member might be so generous because he believes one day he will be able to date or sleep with the model.

In the model only section, we have many threads complaining that members only spend time with us to eventually get in our pants. So from our point of view, this isn't really that fair either. It pressures the model to never give a firm "no" so she can continue to earn a paycheck.

If this lady met you, she is indeed a spunky type. I hope that member got his equipment back.

Do you know who else she told about her lack of money? Everyone.

That message went out to every man who could help take care of her, and the ex was in a prime position to take her out, treat her nice, and get some lovin'.

Do you know why she's eating breakfast at a luxury hotel? Because she's having rough sex with an ex boyfriend.

Granted the guy is a somewhat hapless schmuck who should know better than to fall for somebody he doesn't really know. But would you agree that the girl's behavior is slightly appalling?

No. I don't think she was being appalling at all. I think the member mistook everything she said and did as personal to his life.

I'm putting myself in her shoes. A really nice member tips me a lot, helps me out, et cetera. I'm down on my luck and say so, hoping for extra tips. I get a few. However, pay-day isn't for another few days so I hit up my ex, who's an awesome dude, so he takes me out to a great place, we bone like rabbits and I'm excited so I post a tweet being all "got laiiiid!"

Then that nice member takes me to town. He scolds me for having sex on my own personal time. He insinuates I'm a liar or a cheater because I could get someone in my life to treat me well.

Who does he think he is? Does that member think he can control my life? Yeah, he's a nice guy, but I'm a real-world girl and I need to do what I need to do to stay afloat. Most models get pissed as fuck when a high tipper starts berating them for having free will and making choices.

That member mistook a flippant remark on her profile as being an invitation to start an interpersonal relationship with her. He imagined that his money was buying her affection, and when she dared go to someone in her real life to help her - he got pissed and told her she was out of line.

[Edit to add: The member is not 'hapless'. IMO, he decided he should have control over a woman's life because he spent money on her, and when that woman maintained her liberty, the member got butthurt.]

Evvie,

You make a lot of interesting points. You got one part exactly wrong, though. It was SHE who scolded HIM, not the other way around! Actually that is important to me. The guy knows that he can not control her sex life and never attempted to do so. He was jst a ltlle freaked out by the turn of events and was punished for saying so!

babe_ruth said:
Evvie,

You make a lot of interesting points. You got one part exactly wrong, though. It was SHE who scolded HIM, not the other way around! Actually that is important to me. The guy knows that he can not control her sex life and never attempted to do so. He was jst a ltlle freaked out by the turn of events and was punished for saying so!

Babe, I definitely get your point. I admit I am a little jaded as a model. To me, though, this:
"Excuse me, I don't mean to be rude, but I didn't feel good about your last tweet."
is saying, "Excuse me, I don't meant to be rude, but I don't feel comfortable that you were talking about being broke, and then show up in a nice hotel with your ex."

That model may have read, "Excuse me, I don't mean to be rude, but after I gave you that gift card, I don't feel you should have had sex with your ex."

If I had tweeted 'lulz black people suck' and some one sent me that tweet... totally understandable. I had tweeted something out of line and offensive.

If I tweeted, 'Hey! Having a great day at this convention with my Master!' and someone said they did not feel good about me talking about my partner, I would feel that yes, I was being scolded for having an interpersonal relationship.

Also, the order of events is relevant to me. If I went out with my Master then targeted you and yelled at you for no reason, that would be... odd. If I went out with my Master, was told you didn't like hearing about that, and then got pissed at you, that is different.

There would have been no reason for the model to explode at a high-paying, generally nice, and overall helpful member unless he did something first. I imagine even very top models do not feel comfortable alienating high tippers, and unless that member did something to upset her, she would not have acted out.

Evvie, I would agree with you if I were willing to assume guilt on the guy's part and twist his words in the way that you did. But I know the guy too well and I witnessed the actual events, and it was NOT like that.

babe_ruth said:
Evvie, I would agree with you if I were willing to assume guilt on the guy's part and twist his words in the way that you did. But I know the guy too well and I witnessed the actual events, and it was NOT like that.
Perhaps you can provide some clarification then?

If the member had no issue with the model seeing her ex and staying at the hotel, why did he send the tweet?

Also, I do stand by the fact that the model may have interpreted the tweet as being more malign than the member intended. It happens all the time. As I said, if I thought someone was pissed that I was sharing a happy moment of my life because it involved another man, I would be doubly angry.

babe_ruth said:

Actually she didn't twist his words at all. What she did was say what the model might have seen behind those words.

As to the original post...

A girl's fortunes can change in an instant. I've gone from nearly broke to enough to pay the bills and fix my car in three nights before. As has been pointed out, maybe the ex paid for the hotel and meal in exchange for sex. I know my ex would gladly pay for me to go visit him for some sex, and all the costs of the visit, if he had the money for it.

One thing we don't know is how open this model usually is about her personal life. Does she usually talk about her finances? Is she very open about her sex life (or lack of it?)?

I could see a member getting shocked if she's not usually open about it, and suddenly was sharing everything like that. Not saying the model did anything wrong, just that it could be shocking to someone who thought that model didn't usually talk about such things.

A few notes from the original poster...

1. The guy never tried to control the camgirl's behavior. Nor did he judge it. He merely expressed a *feeling* about what was happening to him. To me, this story is mainly about feelings, sensitiviteis and insensitivities, not scams or money or sexual behavior.

2. The ex-boyfriend obviously paid for the hotel room and a weekend's worth of food, at least. i'm not gonna say that he paid for sex as well, but you can infer that if you like.

3. I forgot to mention that the girl knew all along that she had a date with the ex-lover that night. She probably knew that she could spend the weekend in the room with him, but we don't know that for sure.

4. When the girl announces to her room that she has no money for food, it is silly to think she is not asking for money. Or are you not aware that *implicitly asking for money* is standard everyday camgirl behavior. And there's nothing with that.

5. The "valuable piece of equipment" is a computer, not a lawn mower. She had tweeted that her computer was broken and she needed HELP. The guy immediately offered to lend her a spare macbook. Here again, we see her expressing a need and him trying to help. (Return of the computer hasn't happened yet, but let's assume it will.)

6. I never used the word "scam." I don't think that's accurate. I think it was a weird turn of events, a big difference of expectations and an unfortunate combination of sensitivity and insensitivity.

Hope this was helpful, or at least interesting.

Despite your clarifications, I still can't blame the model for getting irritated. If she really needed food, she may have meant she needed groceries for her house, despite the plans for the weekend. She is still going to go home with a possible empty pantry. Just because her ex treated her to a weekend play time doesn't mean he's going to take her out grocery shopping, you (or WE) do not know the full extent of the situation from her side as well.

Though I do hope that she returns that Macbook on civil terms.

babe_ruth said:

The guy is guilty. The fact of the matter is, if you described it correctly, he had no business sending that tweet.

There's only 2 things he can be "feeling bad" about. It's either that she's eating food in a luxury hotel when she said she was spending the last of her money on a hotdog, or it's that she's having sex with a guy. He has no right to bitch about either, because he A) Has no idea if she paid for the hotel and food, and B) Has no business interjecting himself into her personal sex life.

Now, he might have some room to complain that she was attempting to scam people if she made the hotdog tweet, and then tweeted the next day that she dropped a bunch of money on the hotel and breakfast, but from what you've described, that's not what happened.

babe_ruth said:
2. The ex-boyfriend obviously paid for the hotel room and a weekend's worth of food, at least. i'm not gonna say that he paid for sex as well, but you can infer that if you like.
And I'm sorry, but this really bothers me that you are in a way implying that she's prostituting herself out for an ex. Maybe they've been civil to each other for a long time, and other things got in the way, but they still want to spend a weekend together. Wow. Are you privvy to the details of her relationship with her ex?

I know when my bf and I broke up, he still treated me out to a weekend away and we had sex then. Was he paying me for sex? No. He genuinely wanted to hang out, have a good time, have some sex, and it so happened that he paid for the trip.

babe_ruth said:

1. The guy never tried to control the camgirl's behavior. Nor did he judge it. He merely expressed a *feeling* about what was happening to him. To me, this story is mainly about feelings, sensitiviteis and insensitivities, not scams or money or sexual behavior.

3. I forgot to mention that the girl knew all along that she had a date with the ex-lover that night. She probably knew that she could spend the weekend in the room with him, but we don't know that for sure.

4. When the girl announces to her room that she has no money for food, it is silly to think she is not asking for money. Or are you not aware that *implicitly asking for money* is standard everyday camgirl behavior. And there's nothing with that.

5. The "valuable piece of equipment" is a computer, not a lawn mower. She had tweeted that her computer was broken and she needed HELP. The guy immediately offered to lend her a spare macbook. Here again, we see her expressing a need and him trying to help. (Return of the computer hasn't happened yet, but let's assume it will.)

6. I never used the word "scam." I don't think that's accurate. I think it was a weird turn of events, a big difference of expectations and an unfortunate combination of sensitivity and insensitivity.

Hope this was helpful, or at least interesting.
I have to admit, Babe, now I'm super duper confused :(

I thought this was a post saying, 'model behaved unfairly, member does not like'. Now I'm thinking the story might be, 'model behaves fairly, member does not like because model was not sensitive enough'.

I agree the girl was implicitly asking for money. I don't believe I've ever done anything like that before, but last month I was $200 behind on my rent, and if I had still be camming on MFC I definitely would have begged for money.

I'm sure I'm just more model-friendly, but it seems to me that the member was just not comfortable hearing about her experiences, and let her know it, and was upset when she reacted angrily.

I'm sorry to say that it still seems to me the model isn't in the wrong here.

Sure, she didn't need to "explode" when she got the tweet, but scale back her reaction a bit and it would be what I'm sure most models on here would have done.

You also did not answer my question, which I feel would clarify all of this. If the member did not care about the model having sex or being in the hotel, why did he send the tweet?

Evvie said:
babe_ruth said:
You also did not answer my question, which I feel would clarify all of this. If the member did not care about the model having sex or being in the hotel, why did he send the tweet?

I think sometimes feelings are just feelings. They are neither right nor wrong. He certainly does care for the model. He has demonstrated that on numerous occasions.

Put yourself in his place for this part of the story.

1. Girl announces that she has no money for food and seems to need help.
2. He tries to help as best he can
3. Just several HOURS later she shows up in a luxury hotel room
4. He feels weird about the whole thing

Sure, there may be all kinds of extenuations and explanations. But again, feelings are feelings and he was harshly told that his feelings were WRONG.

Maybe it's just me, but if she's down to $4.00, why the hell is spending it on a hotdog? You can get a package of dogs & a package of buns for $4.00, then you have 8 hotdogs, probably with a couple wieners left over.

Irrelevant sidebar over, carry on..............

babe_ruth said:
Evvie said:
babe_ruth said:

I think sometimes feelings are just feelings. They are neither right nor wrong. He certainly does care for the model. He has demonstrated that on numerous occasions.

Sure, there may be all kinds of extenuations and explanations. But again, feelings are feelings and he was harshly told that his feelings were WRONG.

Your #3 should read "Just several HOURS later she shows up in a luxury hotel room with someone else who is most likely paying for the room.

With that being the case... he doesn't really have a leg to stand on for feeling weird.

babe_ruth said:
Evvie said:
babe_ruth said:

I agree that feelings are feelings, but that doesn't stop them from being misplaced.

When I compile all the facts you've put out there, the only reason why the member should be upset is because he got chewed out. He shouldn't be upset because a model was taken out on a nice date.

I think we're getting hung up over whether or not the member should have spoken up about his feelings. In my opinion, he should not have. In your opinion, that tweet was valid.

Basically, I think this is coming down to "boy gets his feelings hurt by girl". The only reason it's relevant to this forum is because girl is camgirl.

Evvie said:
babe_ruth said:

Sure, she didn't need to "explode" when she got the tweet, but scale back her reaction a bit and it would be what I'm sure most models on here would have done.

I agree. Scale back the reaction sufficiently, and I would not have posted this topic. It's clear to me that models can do what they want and guys need to learn to deal with it. I think this is a unique case with two individuals who did some risky things and got burned.

Status
Not open for further replies.