AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Model with a problem user

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2021
I was talking to a model yesterday, she seemed a little unhappy. after a couple of hours of talking she mentioned that someone she was involved with and then broke up with a while ago keeps coming into her room when she is streaming, she bans him but new accounts are created. i said to contact support about the issue, to which she has done but got no response....
is there anything else she could do?
I said to start keeping a log of his accounts and what he says to her as it might help...

I am not a model but I've had the experience of being cyberstalked by someone for six years. He harassed my employers, my family members, my friends, and wherever I was on the internet he would follow me and try to make my life hell. The unfortunate fact of the matter is that there's not a lot that you can do once the stalker has found you. They can create burner accounts, and even if support got involved and IP banned him, he could use VPNs to get around that.

I am not sure how helpful law enforcement in her area is with issues like this, but one thing to do would be clearly tell him to stop contacting her and screenshot it. Then continue to take screenshots when he continues to contact her. Then provide this information to law enforcement and let them know he is cyberstalking and harassing her. I know fully well that law enforcement often shrugs and does nothing, but it's one possible thing she can do, and since the two of them were involved she would be able to provide them with his actual identity which might make it more actionable for them.

And I can tell you what I had to do to lose my cyberstalker, but I know full well that some of these steps won't be easy or feasible for her as her professional identity is online, but just for informative purposes:
  • Disable or delete all accounts that used my real name or likeness
  • Disable and delete all accounts that had been compromised that I knew he was aware of, or that used the same username as accounts he was aware of
  • Create new accounts using fake names or using new usernames
  • Never use the same name/username on two different websites, as once he's found you on one it makes it trivial for him to find you on others.
  • Never post photos of my face online, or identifying information such as my real name
Like I said I know this is probably not useful for her as she is professionally connected to using her likeness and her current usernames, but maybe she could glean something from it. She has all of my sympathy, and I hope she can get away from this prick and get some peace.

all the advice i can get at the moment is helpful... i will pass on the information and maybe find out a little more about the situation.... although the greys that visit her are more hilarious than the standard ones you see...

Tell her about this Forum, so that she can register here and ask herself. That's much better than through a middle man.

Reactions: Yep_Nope_Maybe
I was talking to a model yesterday, she seemed a little unhappy. after a couple of hours of talking she mentioned that someone she was involved with and then broke up with a while ago keeps coming into her room when she is streaming, she bans him but new accounts are created. i said to contact support about the issue, to which she has done but got no response....
I said to start keeping a log of his accounts and what he says to her as it might help...

She can geoblock her state (That’s what I do), even though there’s no 100% guarantee it will keep him away.

As your post is in the "General Cam Chat" section, it would be helpful if you clarified which cam-site(s) is the model you mentioned experiencing this harassment on (because some recommended actions would be site-specific).

Reactions: InannahQoH
As your post is in the "General Cam Chat" section, it would be helpful if you clarified which cam-site(s) is the model you mentioned experiencing this harassment on (because some recommended actions would be site-specific).
a fair point, i didnt consider that this would be a thing.

she uses chaturbate primarily and where this user is causing her problems. he does not know about the other site she streams on thankfully

When she does ban his accounts it would be useful if she made them permanent bans rather than the default 30 Day.

I knew a model who was harressed by one guy with many accounts. He would come by every 30 days and kick off, get them all banned, then reappear in another 30 days with all the same accounts again.

• Helpful!
When she does ban his accounts it would be useful if she made them permanent bans rather than the default 30 Day.

I knew a model who was harressed by one guy with many accounts. He would come by every 30 days and kick off, get them all banned, then reappear in another 30 days with all the same accounts again.
Indeed.

HOW TO: Chat gear-tab -> View/Edit Bans & Silences -> See screenshot...

cb-permaban-user-1.jpg

• Helpful!
Reactions: Sequential
a fair point, i didnt consider that this would be a thing.

she uses chaturbate primarily and where this user is causing her problems. he does not know about the other site she streams on thankfully
In early May 2022, CB added a site-feature which allows Broadcasters to ban words from their chat (without needing to use an app/bot with word-blocking). Messages containing a banned word will be automatically hidden (this site-feature is particularly useful for preventing leakage of highly sensitive words: first name, last name, home address, workplace name and address, home/cell/work phone numbers, etc.).

HOW TO: Chat gear-tab -> Click "View/Edit Banned Terms"

In early May 2022, CB added a site-feature which allows Broadcasters to ban words from their chat (without needing to use an app/bot with word-blocking). Messages containing a banned word will be automatically hidden (this site-feature is particularly useful for preventing leakage of highly sensitive words: first name, last name, home address, workplace name and address, home/cell/work phone numbers, etc.).

thanks for the advice, i do know about the perma banning and banning terms... but having only had one very long conversation with her, im not clued up enough to know what the model is aware of or if she knows how to do such things... it was in a way a bit of shock conversation... hopefully i will get to speak with her again and offer all the advice given here... because it sounds like its been happening for a few months and is getting worse, as she said shes always on edge worrying and even concerned that any new user that shows up might be him and therefore behaving differently with them...

I wish CB would get around to blocking forbidden words in user names. The amount of guys with the word n*gger (I cringe typing that) in their user name is absolutely disturbing. Or some variation of rape or whatever. Not only does it immediately make me very scared of the person who would pick such a name but also worried I'd catch a ban for replying to them. Instead I immediately ban them before they can say anything.

I wish CB would get around to blocking forbidden words in user names. The amount of guys with the word n*gger (I cringe typing that) in their user name is absolutely disturbing. Or some variation of rape or whatever. Not only does it immediately make me very scared of the person who would pick such a name but also worried I'd catch a ban for replying to them. Instead I immediately ban them before they can say anything.
You could use a CB chat-bot to accomplish that.

Wildcard Username Blocker:

You could use a CB chat-bot to accomplish that.

Wildcard Username Blocker:
Ya know that's great, it really is. I think we should not have to be the hall monitor of CB. They need to block it at sign up. I think it would discourage certain kinds of people from joining in the first place when their original user name choice gets a big red NO.

Ya know that's great, it really is. I think we should not have to be the hall monitor of CB. They need to block it at sign up. I think it would discourage certain kinds of people from joining in the first place when their original user name choice gets a big red NO.
Agreed (best if CB handled this issue at the registration point, at least for really offensive terms, and also if they added a broadcaster-controlled option so models could apply their own wordlist to blocking usernames). But, until they do, a chat-bot is better than nothing. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.