AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Models from Colombia

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 4, 2013
Hello,

I happened to visit a Colombian model's room in MFC and she told me that she works for a studio (from home) and for every 20000 tokens she earns, she gets only $150. I was a bit shocked to hear this. Is there any truth in that or is she just bluffing? I asked why she can't work as an independent model instead of working for a studio and she said she needed to get some card to get paid and that the card costs $100. Again is there such a card? And if so where can she get this card?

pjc666

yes, these kinda of things happen.
why? maybe she doesn't have money for a computer
maybe she doesn't have money for all the other equipment
maybe she barely has money for food, so the 150 is a gift from the sky

things we find really normal in western countries, or not so in other countries
and if you have some scumbag who sees the apportunity, shit happens
but since alot of women from these kind of countries don't have the resources to do mfc by themselfs, it's not really strange that it keeps happening

her studio boss might be lying to her about this card you're talking about
there is a payment option on mfc called 'payoneer' which stores your salary, and gives you a prepaid credit card.
the total amount of money spend to activate this card for usage is 25 dollars tops, but who knows what her boss told her?
it's really hard to tell what it really going on... yes really shocking things happen, like they do in every business

but we canot answer your questions with a definate yes or no, because most of us are not from colombia, and are not studio models over there

pjc666 said:
Hello,

I happened to visit a Colombian model's room in MFC and she told me that she works for a studio (from home) and for every 20000 tokens she earns, she gets only $150. I was a bit shocked to hear this. Is there any truth in that or is she just bluffing? I asked why she can't work as an independent model instead of working for a studio and she said she needed to get some card to get paid and that the card costs $100. Again is there such a card? And if so where can she get this card?

pjc666

If so, the studio is taking 85% from her paycheck. This seems excessively high, especially as she is working from her own home. Without knowing more, I call bullshit.

wait... sorry... i missed the little part where it said (from home)
i still stick with my story... but the definate 'yes, she's bullshitting you' feels closer then the definate 'no'

Reactions: pjc666
20,000 tokens is $1000 USD. If this woman is a lower camscore model, she may be working all month to earn 20k tokens. I know very little about the economic status of other countries, but it seems excessive to hand over $850 of every $1000 you earn, even if it does mean you get $150 at the end of the day. I must imagine that if she has a computer and is working from home, she would be able to make far more take-home money on her own.

As far as the $100 charge for a payment card, many payment companies do charge crazy fees for international transfers. I am not aware of any payment plan that requires you pay any amount of money upfront, normally, it is a fee per transaction. I know, for example, some models have to earn $1000 USD before they will have their money transferred to them, which comes along with a bevy of payments and fees (and losses due to currency conversion). But even so, it seems like all that wouldn't cost 85% of a model's paycheck, either.

I would be quite shocked to find that any model is earning 15% after MFC's 65% cut. That means that for every dollar a member spends on her, she ultimately takes home less than a dime.

pjc666 said:
Hello,

pjc666

She is definitely lying to you about how much the studio is taking or she is really naive and being exploited. I doubt the latter after talking to a few of the Colombian models. If she is only working from home then she needs to do it on her own, unless the studio is paying for her equipment and internet service. I do not know what this card could be, its possible her boss has told her some story to keep her around. I do know they need some kind of card saying they have a job to get an apartment etc but if she is working from home that should not be an issue.

it is also possible she doesn't work for a studio and is just using this hard luck story for sympathy. :twocents-02cents:

Thank you all for your replies. I am from India and $150 is quite a bit of money here and that is not what shocked me. What shocked me is that she only gets $150 for 20000 tokens. Her cam score is around 1000, and I have been in her room a lot and I find it very hard to believe that she earns 20000 tokens, specially since her cam score is only around 1100. Anyway I still don't know what to make out of all this. She speaks in Spanish and I have to use a translator to translate it to English. So a lot of it is literally lost in translation. Thank you again for your replies.

I dont think numbers could get mistranslated but earning 2,000 tokens and keeping $150 Makes a bit more sense :think:

There are a lot of "fake" studios out there, in the sense that some guy makes a site, recruits girls to "work for" him when really all he's doing is signing them up for a studio account. Theres some dirtbag in my city doing that very same thing and I want to find him and smack him.

Jessi said:
I dont think numbers could get mistranslated but earning 2,000 tokens and keeping $150 Makes a bit more sense :think:

There are a lot of "fake" studios out there, in the sense that some guy makes a site, recruits girls to "work for" him when really all he's doing is signing them up for a studio account. Theres some dirtbag in my city doing that very same thing and I want to find him and smack him.
2,000tkns is only $100 for models. There's no way she'd be paid more than what MFC gives her from a studio.

LuckySmiles said:
pjc666 said:
Her cam score is around 1000, and I have been in her room a lot and I find it very hard to believe that she earns 20000 tokens, specially since her cam score is only around 1100.

I don't know what the story is with this person, but I just wanted to remind that this is a common misconception.

Yeah, when I had a camscore of around 1500/1800 on several nights I'd make 4000-5000 tokens. I man yes that was why once I started camming properly it rose, but imagine a 1k camscore means you'll earn around 400 tokens an hour average (not exact, but around), well 5 hours a day 5 days a week, that's 40,000 tokens a month. Not really unreasonable. Often girls camscores are low because they put in long hours, which often means they'll earn the same or more than girls with much higher scores.

PlayboyMegan said:
Jessi said:

2,000tkns is only $100 for models. There's no way she'd be paid more than what MFC gives her from a studio.

I had a blonde moment, I was thinking 200 dollars>4,000 tokens>2,000 tokens> 150 per 4,000 tokens.

All right, so cam score and the amount to tokens earned are not exactly correlated. I get that. The main reason for my post was not that, it was the $150 from 20000 tokens. I don't like to be lied to to, I guess no one does. But in this case I hope she were in fact lying. Cause $150 from 20000 tokens is just too much.

Reactions: LadyLuna
Status
Not open for further replies.