AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Models MUST READ: How to get YELLOW WALLS!!!!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

Which SHOW would you rather tip for?

• Model looking up at you giving a PIGTAIL POV BJ

Votes: 17 17.9%
  • Model laying on her back (reading chat wall) in bed using a HITATCHI

Votes: 78 82.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
mutantdonut said:
TKLovely said:
Hopefully he's learned his lesson: Don't tell cam girls how to do their job.

...or in any walk of life or in any profession really... Never give advice when no one ever asked for it.

It makes the advice-giver look like a try-to-be-know-it-all while having a condescending feel toward the person or people receiving it.

Pretty much. People forget that just because camgirls all work on the same website that not all of them can have the same success as others. It's similar in ways to acting. Most actors/actresses barely get by and struggle/need an extra job, some make a decent enough living to live by, and then some make so much you can't get your head around it.

Sometimes you look at some of these people and you think "but they're not even that good looking or that good an actor!" So what's the reason for them being cast in a certain film? Well, a large part of it is luck of the draw and persistence. They might find someone casting for a role just likes their look even if it's only their opinion. Just like with camgirls they start getting successful because a few members who happen to have money to spend happen to like those girls. You can get lots of other amazing camgirls and think "everyone loves them and they're so much more attractive than the top models! Why are they not as successful?" The answer is often as simple as though they may be loved, their regulars don't have the income to tip them big bucks, therefore they must wait and hope one day someone with money will take a fancy to them.

There is no ultimate remedy for any job. There is good advice (which this is not), which consists of no personal opinions and only things like "try and keep your cool and stay friendly, if you feel in a bad mood with members take a moment to calm down", "Try not to feed trolls and just use the ban/ignore button" or "Use decent lighting and webcam", you know, stuff like that, this forum is full of it, though we keep it in the models only section. It has all sorts of info about how to deal with bad members, about how camscore works, and all sorts of other ideas that models have tried out and found successful.

Good advice isn't personal. You can't tell everyone that if they make themselves to your personal likes that every person in the world will suddenly love them, it's the most retarded thing in the world to say.

People act in many situations that they know best about a profession they know nothing about. My mother for example is a best selling author, she's also taught creative writing, and she still gets idiots (usually men) who come up to her acting all pompous saying stupid shit like "why don't you write something like Harry Potter? That J.K. Rowling is doing pretty well..." Clearly not realising the thousands of books on the market that are similar to Harry Potter which haven't done nearly so well, and of course that my mother isn't even writing children's fiction but adult fiction which is a much larger market. Some people do amazingly well, it doesn't mean it's super easy to get that sort of success in any job. Unless you're someone who knows and has been working in the industry successfully for a period of time you're just not qualified to try and tell others how to do their jobs.

I think one of the reasons people get easily confused about these boundaries on camsites is because they can see us all lined up on one screen, they can see just how much money some models are making, and they can't seem to grasp why some models are doing better than others so they think there must be a fool proof plan and of course that if a model isn't a "top model" they suddenly need their help.

Guys who want to give camgirls advice, just keep in mind, a model with a 1000 camscore is probably still earning considerably more than you are. And unless you have some form of super job (which if you are then if you like a girl you should be tipping her for what you like), chances are any model with a camscore higher than that is earning a lot more than you per hour. She's a big girl, she's doing alright, if you want to help her then tip her, if you want to see her in pigtails sucking a rubber cock, tip her or take her private, don't try and pass off that if all girls do this one thing that they'll suddenly be tipped by all other guys, because that's just total bullshit!
Other than that if you really want to see her succeed, send her here, because this place is a goldmine of real advice which actually will make a camgirl more successful if she applies herself.

Man, I love a good dildo bj show, and now I'm pissed that they've been tainted by this silly screed.

So ladies, don't think we're all clueless douchebags. But then again, you'll probably figure it out when we tip you, lol.

But wait, I also love Hitachi shows--I totally get off watching your face when it hits a really good spot, lol.

So the conclusion is that there isn't a 'best' thing either for models or members? Crap, sounds like we're all going to have to be ourselves and go for what we like, which might be *gasp* different things, even different things for the same person, depending on mood, timing, and who-the-fuck-knows!

Sweet, count me (and my tokens) in :-D

Magpie said:
Here's my advice to you: if you want to see a girl wearing booty shorts, will do her hair up in pigtails for you, dance to her favourite tune (even though in the latter part of your post you say "Turn off that music"... I'm assuming this is because you are slightly deficient in the brain department) whilst staring crazily into the camera, stop being a cheap piece of shit and take her to a private.

^^This!^^

Isabella_deL said:
Guys who want to give camgirls advice, just keep in mind, a model with a 1000 camscore is probably still earning considerably more than you are.
I think it's a mistake to say this. Men who can afford to spend money on MFC likely have disposable money for entertainment. Even if it's not a ton. Let's just say a 1000 camscore girl is making about $20 an hour on average. $15 is entry level at many jobs (other than retail, fast food, etc I'm talking about careers like most of these men likely have , jobs like our parents work). So, unless a 1000 CS girl is busting out 40 hours a week, she's not making considerably more. She's making considerably less. I know servers that made more than me when I had a 2k CS.

I'm only saying this because I don't like the idea being perpetuated that we're all making SOOOO much money. Because that's not necessarily the case.

SexyStephXS said:
Isabella_deL said:
Guys who want to give camgirls advice, just keep in mind, a model with a 1000 camscore is probably still earning considerably more than you are.
I think it's a mistake to say this. Men who can afford to spend money on MFC likely have disposable money for entertainment. Even if it's not a ton. Let's just say a 1000 camscore girl is making about $20 an hour on average. $15 is entry level at many jobs (other than retail, fast food, etc I'm talking about careers like most of these men likely have , jobs like our parents work). So, unless a 1000 CS girl is busting out 40 hours a week, she's not making considerably more. She's making considerably less. I know servers that made more than me when I had a 2k CS.

I'm only saying this because I don't like the idea being perpetuated that we're all making SOOOO much money. Because that's not necessarily the case.

That's true, but in my experience members who want to give models advice like this are NOT high tippers, they're usually freeloaders. Otherwise they'd simply tip for what they like seeing. What I meant was earnings per hour, not earnings over all, as obviously if a model is working very few hours on cam she'll be earning not so much. Even so, if she chose to work more hours, her potential earnings is still reasonably high, higher probably than most members who try giving models loads of advice. What I'm saying is she's still earning considerably above minimum wage so really the member shouldn't be looking at her as though she's in desperate need of income. The best advice for a model really if she wants to earn more over all is to get on cam more!

Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
SexyStephXS said:
Isabella_deL said:

I'd agree with this. It's probably not a good idea to assume that somebody isn't making good money just because they like to give unsolicited advice. Likewise, it's probably not a good thing to assume that someone not earning good money isn't in a position to offer valuable advice to someone who is. Once you start assuming things about people based on the money you assume they earn, it's a slippery slope, ya know? "Ignore what this guy has to say. He probably doesn't earn as much as you anyway" can quickly become "Don't bother tipping this model. She probably earns way more than we do anyway" when the shoe's on the other foot :thumbleft:

SexyStephXS said:
Isabella_deL said:

Also consider that girl working 40 hours a week is actually only putting 20 hours of it on cam, getting paid. I do just as much work off cam, if not more, than on cam. If she made $20/hr, after 30% taxes deducted, she'd get to keep $1120 for about 160 hours of work. That's the same as I would have made when I worked at my entry-level gas station job with that amount of hours, minus any benefits. Camgirls also have to pay for all their equipment themselves.

I'm not saying camgirls can't make good money. They definitely can. There's just a huge amount of variance in income.

mynameisbob84 said:
SexyStephXS said:
Isabella_deL said:

I'd agree with this. It's probably not a good idea to assume that somebody isn't making good money just because they like to give unsolicited advice. Likewise, it's probably not a good thing to assume that someone not earning good money isn't in a position to offer valuable advice to someone who is. Once you start assuming things about people based on the money you assume they earn, it's a slippery slope, ya know? "Ignore what this guy has to say. He probably doesn't earn as much as you anyway" can quickly become "Don't bother tipping this model. She probably earns way more than we do anyway" when the shoe's on the other foot :thumbleft:

Though I agree, that's not what I meant by my comment. What I meant was even a camgirl with a 1000 camscore is earning more money than most people, so though yes sure, she could do even better, she's hardly begging for advice by default. Some people see models with a camscore of under 3k and seem to assume they're struggling when in fact they're earning far more than the average person earns per hour. Sure it'd be amazing to make a few hundred dollars an hour every time you work on cam, but it's not like that's necessary to get by on. Sometimes from a members perspective they go to top models rooms and see them thriving, then when they go to other model's rooms and see how many less tokens they make it looks like they're doing really badly and often they cannot understand why they're not doing as well as another girl. What many of them don't seem to get is that the model they looked at first is on around $30k+ a month before tax, just because that other model earns so much more doesn't mean a lower earning model isn't still very successful.

I'm not trying to say models are earning insane amounts or that members are poor/worse off than models, what I'm saying is most models aren't earning such pathetic amounts that they need advice. I know very few people who earn over £10 per hour, and I'd definitely not meet someone who earns £20+ per hour and start giving them advice on how they could make more. Maybe the person offering the advice has fuck loads of money and is trying to help, but in my experience the members who are so forceful with their advice and give such personal opinionated advice (like the OP) aren't earning any more than I am. I just think they should stop worrying all the time about how well other people are doing at their jobs and start worrying about their own.

Personally I've never liked members trying to give me advice about how I can earn more and more because it's as though what I earn at the moment isn't good enough, which it is for me. Yes I could earn more, but I'm completely happy with my wage. Whether they have good advice or not, it's none of their business to be worrying about my income. If they care then they should be tipping.

Isabella_deL said:
mynameisbob84 said:
SexyStephXS said:
Isabella_deL said:

Though I agree, that's not what I meant by my comment. What I meant was even a camgirl with a 1000 camscore is earning more money than most people, so though yes sure, she could do even better, she's hardly begging for advice by default. Some people see models with a camscore of under 3k and seem to assume they're struggling when in fact they're earning far more than the average person earns per hour. Sure it'd be amazing to make a few hundred dollars an hour every time you work on cam, but it's not like that's necessary to get by on. Sometimes from a members perspective they go to top models rooms and see them thriving, then when they go to other model's rooms and see how many less tokens they make it looks like they're doing really badly and often they cannot understand why they're not doing as well as another girl. What many of them don't seem to get is that the model they looked at first is on around $30k+ a month before tax, just because that other model earns so much more doesn't mean a lower earning model isn't still very successful.

I'm not trying to say models are earning insane amounts or that members are poor/worse off than models, what I'm saying is most models aren't earning such pathetic amounts that they need advice. I know very few people who earn over £10 per hour, and I'd definitely not meet someone who earns £20+ per hour and start giving them advice on how they could make more. Maybe the person offering the advice has fuck loads of money and is trying to help, but in my experience the members who are so forceful with their advice and give such personal opinionated advice (like the OP) aren't earning any more than I am. I just think they should stop worrying all the time about how well other people are doing at their jobs and start worrying about their own.

Personally I've never liked members trying to give me advice about how I can earn more and more because it's as though what I earn at the moment isn't good enough, which it is for me. Yes I could earn more, but I'm completely happy with my wage. Whether they have good advice or not, it's none of their business to be worrying about my income. If they care then they should be tipping.

I see where you're coming from, but I don't think the amount of money anybody is earning is necessarily a factor for anybody involved. Or at least it shouldn't be. The OP's unsolicited advice was pointless and unhelpful, not because he may or may not be earning less than the models he's attempting to advise, but because his advice only really helps models who are looking to appease him and him only. Good advice is good advice whether it's given by someone working a minimum wage job or if they're a millionaire, and it's always worth heeding good advice whether you're struggling to make rent each month or if you're living in a mansion with an Olympic-sized pool and a tennis court.

I agree that people should mind their own business and stop trying to coach people who already have shit under control though. If a cam girl (or anyone else) wants or needs advice, they'll ask for it. Which is why unsolicited advice is rood, ya know? Not because the person giving it assumes that the recipient is making less money than them, but because it assumes that person is a) incapable of asking for advice when it's needed and b) isn't already seeking advice from a trusted source :twocents-02cents:

But you see, members who give unsolicited advice to models do look for the models who have lower camscores to give it. How do I know? Because I've gone through the camscore spectrum. With a camscore of under 3k I got lots of members trying to give advice, under 2k even more! When it was above 6k I got very few, if perhaps no members trying to give me advice on how to cam. Maybe the occasional comment, but none of the guys who take the time and thought process more than a momentary thought. Before it was on a regular basis. So yes I do think these guys tend to look for models that they feel aren't as successful to give their unsolicited advice to because they feel those girls need the advice, and that's to do with income. What I'm trying to say is not necessarily to the OP, but to the members who do go around doing this, that those models they're treating like poor delicate flowers in need of decent advice on how to cam are actually pretty successful and are earning a higher than average wage per hour, sure they could earn more, but they're not beggars on the street in need of a helping hand. Most of the advice I received as a lower camscore model was definitely very patronising and treated me as though I really had zero clue on how to do my job.

Yes I do agree with you that good advice is good advice and everyone always learns and can do with good advice however well they're doing, but the kind of people who tend to go around advising models in such a way not only aren't giving good advice, but they're usually going towards models they feel "need" it, which tend to be models earning less per hour. I'm talking about something completely different from what you seem to be talking about. I'm just saying to the dudes being pitying to models that they seem to think need a helping hand that those models are actually doing far better than they think they are. I mean in comparison to girls like GinnyPotter and AspenRae then it may look like lower camscore models are doing terribly, but really the truth is the girls at the top of the page are just doing mind bogglingly well.

Jupiter551 said:
last evening, I saw a model who posts here perform a BJ show POV with booty shorts and pigtails...and she received a yellow wall.

Don't shoot the messenger :whistle:

Was it an emote of yellow bricks? :mrgreen:

LadyLuna said:
Jupiter551 said:
last evening, I saw a model who posts here perform a BJ show POV with booty shorts and pigtails...and she received a yellow wall.

Don't shoot the messenger :whistle:

Was it an emote of yellow bricks? :mrgreen:

It was a yellow wall of 33 one token tips that the guy tipped simply because I said I wanted to see if this theory is indeed correct. FYI I am not in the top 100...in fact I'm lingering around the 2000-3000 mark for rank at the moment. I guess I shoulda started off the year with the first day in pigtails. :p

One thing the OP can feel proud of, is that this thread has sparked a myriad of responses and numerous moments of entertainment if nothing else. I think everybody just about milked the sarcasm well dry.

Attachments

• Audience-clapping2.gif
    Audience-clapping2.gif
    192.1 KB · Views: 294
DMB27 said:
If you're gonna do a cum-show make it a BJ SHOW ... Seriously -- we love that shit. Nothing better than the virtual experience of a nice POV dildo BJ ... Am I right fellas, or what?
'
No, you're not right. Here's a word of advice that is far more valuable then your long, rambling instructo-post. Quit saying we and start saying I. You don't speak for anyone other then yourself so just stop it.
:roll:

Who is Captain Fucktard and who elected him to speak on behalf of all mankind?

If we all had the same taste in women, we'd all be fucking the same girl. And she'd be really sore.....

Reactions: Poker_Babe
MuffinMuncher said:
Who is Captain Fucktard and who elected him to speak on behalf of all mankind?

If we all had the same taste in women, we'd all be fucking the same girl. And she'd be really sore.....

This thread has not been active since the beginning of January.

Slap a couple of big wheels on you and call ya Grave Digger, this SUNDAY! SUNDAY! SUNDAY! AT THE EXPO!

Status
Not open for further replies.